Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers:

NEXT TIME YOU come up behind a car that's weaving all over the road, don't prejudge them and think they're drunk. It could be someone on a cell phone.

A RANT FOR Augusta administrator Fred Russell for the hotel key card use for the Augusta Transit and allowing it to go on months and months after he was informed that it was getting out of hand. Driver Charles Goff should be given a $5,000 bonus out of his pocket.

A BIG RAVE FOR Aiken County police, second to none. We've got the best people in divisions of power there, and I believe that we should keep trying to get the gangs into jail where they belong, along with those that drink and don't wear seat belts. Our children are at risk.

WHILE I AGREE THAT pants drooping below the waist should be stopped, I also think many of the girls have passed the mark, too. I saw a high school student boarding the school bus in a tight-fitting, revealing tank top.

RAVE FOR THE CHRONICLE. I just loved the article on Legos that was in the paper Aug. 24. We need more creative articles like this in the paper. Keep up the good work.

A RAVE ABOUT the Hephzibah Police Department. I was riding on Highway 88 and I was very sleepy and I had run over the yellow line. The officer pulled me over and I was not drinking and he followed me 11/2 miles up the road to make sure I made it home. It was nice of him to do that.

IT'S NOT ENOUGH that they threw the taxpayers under the bus. Now they're fixing to throw us under the trolley!

A RANT FOR Columbia County commissioners. Don't understand why they can put sidewalks on Mullikin Road when we need sidewalks at the schools. Example: Evans Middle School on Hereford Farm Road.

I WOULD LIKE TO give special thanks to the person who found my telephone and turned it in to the Harlem Animal Hospital.

No_Longer_Amazed
No_Longer_Amazed 08/31/08 - 04:09 am
"There is none so blind as

"There is none so blind as those who will not see!" seems to apply to ALL the Augusta-Richmond County Government.

angie611
angie611 08/31/08 - 04:48 am
Good Morning fire!

Good Morning fire!

angie611
angie611 08/31/08 - 04:50 am
I lost my cell phone two

I lost my cell phone two weeks ago. I wish someone would turn it in. I miss it.

PTHS2
PTHS2 08/31/08 - 04:56 am
Did you leave it at Golden

Did you leave it at Golden Corral or in the ATM machine? Or maybe in the dressing room at Dollar General ..... G'mornin, y'all!

pauldrake
pauldrake 08/31/08 - 05:08 am
check all the animal

check all the animal hospitals angie.that's where i would turn one in if i found one.what a dolt.call your number some thug black or white is stupid enough to answer it and tell them you are on your way to get it.take smitty with you and he can sit on the guy while you wrestle it from him,then take smitty to the golden corral,they will hate to see him coming,but they'll get over it.

ibewalkingtomemphis
ibewalkingtomemphis 08/31/08 - 05:11 am
Gosh you gals and guys are up

Gosh you gals and guys are up early this morning--you too Paul!

Reality
Reality 08/31/08 - 05:40 am
I wonder if the looting has

I wonder if the looting has started in New Orleans yet, you can bet some will stay behind to steal...The government will get sued for not taking care of these criminals as they conduct their illegal endeavors...

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 08/31/08 - 06:01 am
Bush is sending another

Bush is sending another hurricane to N.O. to make a final impression on the black community before he leaves office. Fema is already busy and now that La. has a governor, the mayor of N.O. is even acting right. The superdome is being left shut down for this event. Fools congregating there will be on their own. (that's Bush's fault too)

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 08/31/08 - 06:02 am
I agree with the ranter. If

I agree with the ranter. If you're going to drink, wear a seatbelt.

PTHS2
PTHS2 08/31/08 - 06:04 am
Quote of the day (so far)

Quote of the day (so far) Mayor Nagin of New Orleans says: "It's time to be scared, it's time to be concerned, it's time to get your butts out of New Orleans". I think we've found a new candidate for Chairman of the A-RC Colliseum Authority......

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 08/31/08 - 06:05 am
The Logos article was good,

The Logos article was good, but I think an in depth investigation into the use of tinker toys is long past due. (MAN! Do I miss Dennis Sodomka)

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 08/31/08 - 06:10 am
I hope the left is over the

I hope the left is over the shock of having to deal with Gov. Palin's ascension to v.p. candidate. Yesterday's panic posts were down right embarrassing. Maybe the Sunday morning talk shows will give some talking points to the choir.

sliique
sliique 08/31/08 - 06:23 am
"A BIG RAVE FOR Aiken County

"A BIG RAVE FOR Aiken County police, second to none."

Yeah, especially all the CROOKED Narcs they had to fire, recently.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 08/31/08 - 07:10 am
What would you prefer they do

What would you prefer they do with the 'crooked cops' sliik?

missjudy
missjudy 08/31/08 - 07:37 am
If you disagree with Obama

If you disagree with Obama you are a racist. If you disagree with Palin then you are a misogynist.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 08/31/08 - 07:38 am
Charles Goff needs to stop

Charles Goff needs to stop writing in his own Raves. $5000.00 my behind.

christian134
christian134 08/31/08 - 07:52 am
Good Sunday morning all....I

Good Sunday morning all....I woke up breathing, that immediately put a smile on my face and a thank you to God in my heart...I am a happy camper...:-)To the ranter who was telling folks not to be overly concerned when a car is weaving all over the road because it may just be a cell phone; I say to you "Put a sock in it"...That person shouldn't be weaving like that if they are on a cell phone as they are a danger to others on the road...Also they may be ill and losing control of the car or they are drunk either way they are a danger to themselves and all others around them...Report them if they continue to weave...It is better to prevent an accident than to do nothing...

factchecker
factchecker 08/31/08 - 07:55 am
Let's make a politically

Let's make a politically correct statement and vote for Palin for VP and Obama as her press secretary. That way we are giving job preference to both minorities. :)

factchecker
factchecker 08/31/08 - 07:58 am
Why doesn't Columbia County

Why doesn't Columbia County require all new construction to build sidewalks at the site of thier construction? Oh that's right, it would cost Cross's friends more instead of making them more. Right now they can make money in the original construction and then again when the County hires them to build the sidewalks.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 08/31/08 - 08:14 am
LOL HYPOCRITES 08. Funny post

LOL HYPOCRITES 08. Funny post @ 7:38. I never considered that pov.

georgiaboy30909
georgiaboy30909 08/31/08 - 08:36 am
missjudy if that is the case

missjudy if that is the case I pick Racist this time for sure.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 08/31/08 - 08:41 am
Roll on Big Tide!!! Alabama

Roll on Big Tide!!! Alabama 34- Clemson 10. Clemson quit in the 2nd quarter they were so badly beaten.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 08/31/08 - 08:51 am
I WOULD LIKE TO give special

I WOULD LIKE TO give special thanks to the person who found my dog and turned it in to the T-Mobile office.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 08/31/08 - 08:56 am
Georgia 45 Georgia Southern

Georgia 45 Georgia Southern 21 Go DAWGS!!!! The only SEC team to lose so far is Missippi State. SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC

michelle84
michelle84 08/31/08 - 09:09 am
Man, you guys are funny this

Man, you guys are funny this morning. Thanks for the laughs. What a great way to start the day. :)

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 08/31/08 - 09:33 am
Have you seen the film of the

Have you seen the film of the missed kiss? bill, hillary and NObama were on stage. bill leaned over to kiss hillary, she turned away and NObama kissed her. Funny stuff!

missjudy
missjudy 08/31/08 - 09:45 am
covertedsoutherner, Obama was

covertedsoutherner, Obama was just doing the job Americans won't do.

pingputt
pingputt 08/31/08 - 09:50 am
Finally a VP candidate with

Finally a VP candidate with no excess baggage. She has no favors to return to lobbyists, Washington insiders, big time contractors, the establishment. She's one of us. And she can tell all that expect contracts to be funnelled their way to go to hell. Go Sarah Palin.

Just me 2
Just me 2 08/31/08 - 10:06 am
This is to the people of

This is to the people of McDuffie County....WAKE UP....you are being raped by your county officials!! They have raised the value of my house by $50,000.00 in one year and I am sure that I am not the only one (and also it WILL be raised again because of the school issue.) Just because they want to build a new City Complex and name it after our retired Mayor!! They made the statement that if the new splost tax does not pass they will build the city complex anyway...I guess that means they will raise our property tax again??

PTHS2
PTHS2 08/31/08 - 10:11 am
Here we go again with the

Here we go again with the "The AC is littering my yard" rant syndrome......

SRS shipments halted until 2016

Savannah River Site can't resume shipments of Cold War nuclear waste materials to an underground repository in New Mexico until at least 2016 when the federal government reopens the facility to ...