Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

WENT TO THE AUGUSTA Museum. The exhibits for James Brown and the history of baseball in Augusta were excellent! If you haven't been there, go. Well worth your time.

GEORGIA SCHOOL EXEC Kathy Cox wants students to apply for "her" 2008-09 student advisory council. They will "discuss how decisions made at the state level affect students. ..."

Can't Superintendent Cox make her own decisions? Does she need help from immature teenagers? Then again, is this just another way for Cox to get attention brought to herself?

RAVE FOR CIRCUIT CITY staff, especially Omar, Marcus and Russell for their great customer service and friendliness. Keep up the great work.

SINCE WHEN ARE employees paid an outrageous bonus just for doing their job? I wonder how much of that $15,000 is going toward Dr. Bedden's "battle"?

RANT FOR the Board of Education. How can you give a director/president a bonus of $15,000 and then raise taxes? Why is it there is talk about salaries being frozen, and cars getting taken away, and this man gets a bonus?

IT'S AMAZING HOW government can screw up everything it touches. Georgia officials insist we need statewide trauma centers, i.e., paid for by government tax money. Amazing that 50 years ago, private hospitals did most of the emergency room work in Georgia (and all other states). Now government does it, and as usual, they get everything wrong, and a lot of middle men take most of the money.

SCIENTISTS WANT TO "create artificial life."

"They've already accomplished some steps needed..."

Bull! To create life you must start with a handful of dust! These guys want to be God so badly, they will start with other forms of life and then pretend they "created" life. They also want their "creation" to be "capable of evolving," something God's creation doesn't do. So, they're "modifying and assembling existing ... molecules." That's not "creating!" That's just giant egos playing God.

sawgrass
sawgrass 08/21/08 - 02:38 am
My RANT is the people using

My RANT is the people using the reader comments section to post stupid comments. CBBP, ZenoElia, PTHS and Trouble are the worst. They clog up the section and waste space. Go to a chat room.

PTHS2
PTHS2 08/21/08 - 02:46 am
G'morning , slicko! You have

G'morning , slicko! You have a Blessed Day!

PTHS2
PTHS2 08/21/08 - 03:20 am
This properly-timed post is a

This properly-timed post is a salute to Usain "Lightning" Bolt and all Jamaicans. (and Namasta). I'm ready for some curried goat for breakfast.

Trouble
Trouble 08/21/08 - 04:00 am
morning road kill

morning road kill

Trouble
Trouble 08/21/08 - 04:01 am
morning sliique, where have

morning sliique, where have you been, we have mised your whining.............

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 08/21/08 - 04:34 am
Good Morning Trouble

Good Morning Trouble

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 08/21/08 - 04:34 am
And Good Morning Awguster

And Good Morning Awguster

Reality
Reality 08/21/08 - 04:44 am
A bit cool here, had to put

A bit cool here, had to put on some jeans...So PTHS what can you tell me about "Scrumpy" I saw some down south but didn't try it....

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 08/21/08 - 04:48 am
Why is it a bad idea to have

Why is it a bad idea to have a student advisory council. My HS daughter is more mature than a lot of these posters, me included. Students would be the best source of info to study what is being taught vs tested

AugustaHeph homeowner
AugustaHeph homeowner 08/21/08 - 04:56 am
The information about Dr.

The information about Dr. Bedden getting $15,000 bonus is unfair to the under paid dogs that does his work. There are so many of the school's employees that need more money who do the work, but then if you come out and look around, you have the people in the building that say get there early leave early and go off campus to lunch and the bank and oh I only work when the boss is here --are you crazy? you pay these people to take up space -so I guess you can give Dr. Bedden a bonus. Let's look at some of these people who will not evenanswer the phone while the kids are at school and especially after the bell rings at 2:30, they don't answer they visit down the halls and play on the computer. Give me a break, they are the ones who needs to be checked on and some of your upper people in schools. Take that 15,000 and give it to the underpaid overworked dedicated people. Check it out JImmy and Board

christian134
christian134 08/21/08 - 05:12 am
Good morning all...Ya'll have

Good morning all...Ya'll have a safe day...To the ranter who was literally ranting on and on about creating life and playing God I would like to respond simply by saying "stuff it"...There that makes be feel better now I must seek another cup of very strong coffee...:-)

Reality
Reality 08/21/08 - 05:15 am
I hope you aren't teaching

I hope you aren't teaching English or grammar, it could explain a lot though...

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 08/21/08 - 05:38 am

Thank you slick, now I feel that I really am a productive member! I appreciate your recognition and praise.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 08/21/08 - 05:39 am
I know that most government

I know that most government school graduates don't understand what contracts are or how they work, but do they have to whine about Bedden every day? Is the number 15k that overpowering?

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 08/21/08 - 05:40 am
Good morning to all my perps,

Good morning to all my perps, pervs, peeps and pimps. Coffee's good, doughnuts are hot, and even with the occaisional dead skunk showing up on here, it's still a beautiful place to be!

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 08/21/08 - 05:40 am
Great post on created life.

Great post on created life. What's your point?

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 08/21/08 - 05:43 am
sliique, if your computer

sliique, if your computer gets clogged, reboot. Take a yellow valium. Try reposting. All will be well.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 08/21/08 - 05:44 am
Government doesn't screw up

Government doesn't screw up everything it touches. Of course, when they get out of their field and try social engineering, it just seems like they screw up everything.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 08/21/08 - 05:46 am
Reality, scrumpy is just

Reality, scrumpy is just fruit wine, apple or pear.

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 08/21/08 - 05:47 am
Ciao Angie!

Ciao Angie!

iwannaknowthetruth
iwannaknowthetruth 08/21/08 - 05:51 am
"Scrumpy" fruit wine, apple

"Scrumpy" fruit wine, apple or pear. Is it any good PT?

Nammy
Nammy 08/21/08 - 06:01 am
Salute back @ cha dude! (':

Salute back @ cha dude! (': I'm late, as usual. Hi all and have a great day! Yes, more drivel for sliique! Ain't that a bummer?!!

Reality
Reality 08/21/08 - 06:03 am
I understand it is a powerful

I understand it is a powerful drink.......Can't beat a pint of Blacksheep.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 08/21/08 - 06:09 am
Scrumpy is alcoholic cider. I

Scrumpy is alcoholic cider. I like it. Too much will not only produce a good high, it will act as an intestinal stimulant. Is it good? Depends on your taste.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 08/21/08 - 06:13 am
Since scrumpy is fermented

Since scrumpy is fermented fruit, it can only be 14% max. Most I've seen is 5 to 8%.

PTHS2
PTHS2 08/21/08 - 06:15 am
Scrumpy Cider is fermeted in

Scrumpy Cider is fermeted in open barrels, normally in a barn. Creatures fall into it and become part of the "fragrance". There is a reason they will only sell tourists "half pints".

iwannaknowthetruth
iwannaknowthetruth 08/21/08 - 06:19 am
Open barrels? creatures???

Open barrels? creatures??? fragrance?????? No thanks!

angie611
angie611 08/21/08 - 06:25 am
Good morning fire....

Good morning fire....

angie611
angie611 08/21/08 - 06:27 am
PTHS....7:15

PTHS....7:15 post.....yuckoooooooooooo...

angie611
angie611 08/21/08 - 06:29 am
A good high AND intestinal

A good high AND intestinal stimulant. Should those two go together?

Sickness closes all McDuffie County schools

One day after closing an elementary because of excessive absences caused by an outbreak of influenza, strep infection and stomach viruses, the McDuffie County School System has decided to enact an ...