Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

A RANT TO PEOPLE who say guns kill people. True, but someone has to pull the trigger. Cars kill, water kills, fire kills, ropes kill, food kills -- so on and so on. We can't blame everything.

A RANT TO PEOPLE who worry about other people's yards. Just mind your own property, and let the ivy grow where it will.

DO PEOPLE NOT REALIZE this is not December? Take your stupid Christmas lights down!

A REPORT OF A BEAR spotted in Augusta has been the most e-mailed story in a long time. This indicates that Augustans are eager to experience the wonder and the magic of exotic animals. Get off of your hump, Downtown Development Authority. We want camels on the canal now -- a lucrative enterprise for Richmond County.

WHO APPOINTED Al Gore "Environmental Czar?"

HILLARY SAYS 18 million women voted for her. Now if each of those women gave $2 to her campaign her debt would be wiped out.

PLEASE STAY AWAY from the scratch-off lottery. I watched my aunt blow $500 and only won $40. Don't be stupid.

RANT TO The Chronicle for the front page article on July 18. Strom Thurmond was not from nor ever did anything for Georgia. On this side of the river it's still Clarks Hill Lake.

AS AN AVID CYCLIST WHO rides Mullikin Road weekly, I can personally testify that motorists drive in excessive speeds on that road. Maybe the Sheriff's Department could patrol the area more frequently to catch speeders and save lives.

A RANT TO PEOPLE who think lowering the speed limit will save gas. No it won't. No one drives the limit now. That will just allow for more speeding tickets.

PTHS2
PTHS2 08/05/08 - 05:19 am
Ban everything! No cars =

Ban everything! No cars = plenty of cheap gasoline. Get more camels! Lottery is still a tax on folks who failed their 5th grade math CRCT. Hillary who? Al Gore appointed himself with help from Michael Moore. It conserves personal energy to keep the lights up all year. Bicycle riders on roads with no bike lanes drive at an unfsafe low speeds and impede traffic. So, yes, include bikes in the ban. If the lake gets much lower, the town of Clark's Hill will return. I think that just about covers it. G'mornin Namasta and rest of the world. I need to go water my lawn now so that my neighbor doesn't have longer grass than I do.

Trouble
Trouble 08/05/08 - 05:24 am
pths, you forgot to mention

pths, you forgot to mention the "18 million" women that voted for hillary...............if there were that many, i would have thought i would know atleast 1 of them...........morning all

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 08/05/08 - 05:24 am
Would you mind if I left up

Would you mind if I left up my smart Christmas lights?

300wsm
300wsm 08/05/08 - 05:31 am
Columbia County commisioners

Columbia County commisioners have lost there minds. There thinking of allowing a bar and grill to open on Edwards Dr in a NEIGHBORHOOD. We shall see you at the meeting.

Trouble
Trouble 08/05/08 - 05:32 am
PT, did they pass the crct?

PT, did they pass the crct? if so, feel free to leave them up and show them off

Reality
Reality 08/05/08 - 05:44 am
To the rant about their yard,

To the rant about their yard, I'll bet the grass is knee high and you have 2 non-working cars parked in the yard as well. My garden isn't in perfect condition but I do keep it up, you should do the same.

Reality
Reality 08/05/08 - 05:46 am
To Hillary Clinton finance, I

To Hillary Clinton finance, I wish every time I made a bad decision concerning money, someone would solicit money and pay my bills off...

DeborahElliott2
DeborahElliott2 08/05/08 - 06:01 am
PTHS, you are a hoot this

PTHS, you are a hoot this morning, need a camel? Go to Saudi, they sell them dirt cheap! (Use caution though, they spit if they don't like you). I wouldn't keep buying lottery tickets from this area, they seem to have run dry of winning tickets and you need to go far away to find a winner anymore, the lottery is getting desperate for money you know.

DeborahElliott2
DeborahElliott2 08/05/08 - 06:11 am
When is Ricky going to change

When is Ricky going to change that cartoon? It has been there for a LONG time and I am tired of it all ready, so hurry up and draw something new! Is this guy on vacation?

im a namechanger 2day 08/05/08 - 06:16 am
Good Morning fire.......

Good Morning fire.......

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 08/05/08 - 06:17 am
RE the lottery, I know this

RE the lottery, I know this may come as a shock to some, but it everybosy won, the lottery would loose money. Patricia, you can only leave the Christmas lights up if you have a car on blocks in the front yard.

im a namechanger 2day 08/05/08 - 06:21 am
Lotta Rant? You would not be

Lotta Rant? You would not be complaining if yo' Aunt won $5oo,ooo on that $500. Now would you? Can't win 'em all.

im a namechanger 2day 08/05/08 - 06:22 am
I love Ivy. I think Ivy is

I love Ivy. I think Ivy is soooooo pretty. Seriously.

im a namechanger 2day 08/05/08 - 06:23 am
Roadkill? Tis not true.

Roadkill? Tis not true. I've seen Christmas lights up in folks yard
that did not have a car on blocks.

PTHS2
PTHS2 08/05/08 - 06:23 am
DE2 - Been there (Saudi),

DE2 - Been there (Saudi), done that a few times - I miss them! lol G'morning to you too.

LadyCisback
LadyCisback 08/05/08 - 06:24 am
I am so tired of people not

I am so tired of people not having the courtesy of answering a simple email or returning a phone call and then when you actually talk to them in person they are annoyed you are there with questions.. Inconsiderate people!!!!!

im a namechanger 2day 08/05/08 - 06:27 am
Besides, why do I care if you

Besides, why do I care if you have Christmas lights up on your house, yard or anything. You can even keep Santa and the reindeer up on the roof top if ya want to..........and your dead grandma perched up in her rocking chair in the basement.

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 08/05/08 - 06:28 am
I forgot, good morning

I forgot, good morning Awguster!!!!!

im a namechanger 2day 08/05/08 - 06:31 am
To the "Avid" cyclist who

To the "Avid" cyclist who rides Mullikin Rd WEEKLY. Heed your own advice. SAVE YOUR life...........

NANF
NANF 08/05/08 - 06:35 am
Don't worry about all the

Don't worry about all the Christmas lights. This is Georgia and they just never catch up, have always been behind. Christmas lights, education and the list goes on. Just pity them.

im a namechanger 2day 08/05/08 - 06:35 am
HuggyBear? Me Childish?

HuggyBear? Me Childish? NAW..........you have a good day now. Love ya. mean it.

im a namechanger 2day 08/05/08 - 06:41 am
NANF? Now that twernt vera

NANF? Now that twernt vera nise.........

Goaliemom1987
Goaliemom1987 08/05/08 - 06:41 am
I have said this before

I have said this before Mullikin road drivers are bad, I drive that everyday and even during school the drivers will NOT slow down to the speed limit, they keep on going like there is no school zone.

im a namechanger 2day 08/05/08 - 06:45 am
Goaliemom. All you have to

Goaliemom. All you have to do is call your local poooolice......they will usually come patrol. If not? Keep calling until they do. IMHO

PTHS2
PTHS2 08/05/08 - 06:46 am
Speed bumps for Mullikin

Speed bumps for Mullikin Road! There is a meeting tonight - see ya there! Build that bar in my neighborhood since we are banning cars!

im a namechanger 2day 08/05/08 - 06:48 am
I NEVER stopped calling

I NEVER stopped calling Clarks Hill Lake , Clarks Hill Lake. I was a loyal "groupie".

im a namechanger 2day 08/05/08 - 06:51 am
did ya' get the sandmich

did ya' get the sandmich outta the car?

im a namechanger 2day 08/05/08 - 06:53 am
now wasn't that apropos? I'm

now wasn't that apropos? I'm goin' back ta bed........

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 08/05/08 - 06:54 am
REad your mail. Good mornin

REad your mail. Good mornin Angie! Yes!

christian134
christian134 08/05/08 - 06:58 am
Good morning boys and

Good morning boys and girls...To the ranter concerning the taking down of Christmas lights..Leave those poor folks alone as it is almost time to string them up again...:-)