News |   Obits |   Sports |   Business |   Opinion |   Things to Do |   Life |   Blogs |   Photos |   Video |   Data |   Jobs |   Homes |   Autos |   Buy/Sell

Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

I THINK IT'S FUNNY that supporters of Marion Williams would call Woody Merry a trouble-maker. I just wish Woody Merry would run for some kind of office. I know he would get elected. Go Woody!

THE PAPER SALUTED a medical health professional. How about saluting the blood donors who have helped out with special donations for the burn victims from Savannah and Mississippi being treated at the Still Burn Center at Doctors Hospital?

RANT TO THE PERSON who said nurses are only nice to people with good insurance. I had Medicaid when I was pregnant and I got the BEST care from the nurses at University Hospital.

WOULD YOU PLEASE poll Augusta and the Stevens Creek Road areas and see if anyone else is experiencing cracks in their bricks, cracks in their foundations and cracks inside their homes and bathrooms and such from the blasting at the quarry?

AMAZING THAT DEMOCRATS said in 2004 that their guy, John Kerry, was the best because he had a great record of military service. Now, four years later, they say that GOP nominee John McCain's impressive service isn't important. Make your minds up!

IF YOU WANT your gas prices solved then run for city commissioner and win. Then you can ride around town and charge it to the city.

I'D LIKE TO SEND a huge rave out to the professional beauticians at the Evans Wal-Mart. They do a beautiful job.

THANKS TO THE LADY who found my credit card in the ATM machine at Kroger on 15th Street.

THIS IS A HUGE RAVE for the hummingbird man at Windmill Plantation. I was having a terrible time with bees on my hummingbird feeders. He told me to just take some Vaseline and smear it around the area where the birds feed, where they insert their beaks. The bees will not land on that, and it will not bother the hummingbirds. It's worked fine.

PLEASE LEAVE Cul de Sac and Brewster Rocket cartoons alone. Now everyone enjoys being locked in grammar school humor. Come on people, it's just a dog!

No_Longer_Amazed
No_Longer_Amazed 07/15/08 - 02:21 am
How dumb is it to leave your

How dumb is it to leave your credit card in the ATM machine?

FriendsFan101
FriendsFan101 07/15/08 - 02:24 am
LOL, good question No Longer

LOL, good question No Longer Amazed.

FriendsFan101
FriendsFan101 07/15/08 - 02:33 am
Won't be long until GM or

Won't be long until GM or Ford files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.

No_Longer_Amazed
No_Longer_Amazed 07/15/08 - 03:01 am
Is it any wonder that two of

Is it any wonder that two of the A-RC commissioners who use the most gas and are now going to fly to Kansas City for a conference voted for the property tax increase?

PTHS2
PTHS2 07/15/08 - 04:25 am
I wonder if that vaseline

I wonder if that vaseline trick works for ants too? Anybody know? Oh yeah, G'mornin!

Trouble
Trouble 07/15/08 - 05:07 am
morning all

morning all

rbk
rbk 07/15/08 - 05:07 am
I usually try to stick to

I usually try to stick to commenting on the topics that are Rants or Raves, but today I just want to encourage every one to get out and vote, if you haven’t already voted in the advance voting like I did. I encourage you to vote for Broun, not Fleming. I saw on the editorial page, this paper is backing Fleming and I posted my comments about that there. I don’t appreciate slick lawyers who take facts and twist them around into lies to discredit somebody else in an effort to confuse the majority of people. Broun has been doing a good job, and I see no need to change horses in the middle of the stream.

Trouble
Trouble 07/15/08 - 05:40 am
OK, now that everything that

OK, now that everything that there is to say about the r&r's has been said, no one else can post for the rest of the day or sliique will get mad

rjay
rjay 07/15/08 - 05:55 am
then he or she will just

then he or she will just have to get mad! morning all!

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 07/15/08 - 06:24 am
I like Woody Merry as a

I like Woody Merry as a community activist instead of a politician. He can fight through the red tape instead of getting wrapped up in it.

Reality
Reality 07/15/08 - 06:29 am
The vaseline should work for

The vaseline should work for ants as well, I've also heard of spraying Pam on it works. Since you are all so smart, does anyone know if the new credit score model (vantage score) is used. I was just getting my credit scores (fico) and read about this.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 07/15/08 - 06:30 am
John Kerry's handlers (with

John Kerry's handlers (with the help of the left wing press) changed "telling the truth" into "swift boating" and called it bad. The same tactic can't be used on McCain, telling the truth about his service makes him look better.

sliique
sliique 07/15/08 - 06:37 am
"Trouble," you remind me of

"Trouble," you remind me of an old Linda Ronstadt song...Blew Bayou.

PTHS2
PTHS2 07/15/08 - 06:39 am
Reality - We'll since Pam is

Reality - We'll since Pam is designed for consumption, I'd hope it would attract ants, not chase them off. Can't help ya on the FICO stuff. My idea of a "credit score" is bumming $10 at the bar.

Reality
Reality 07/15/08 - 06:46 am
Make sure everything is used

Make sure everything is used on the hanger and not on feeder....

kiddspur
kiddspur 07/15/08 - 06:50 am
Quite good morning to one

Quite good morning to one and all -- notice the Rants and Raves about equal this morning - some of both regarding original posts at the top. --- Have a great day as you decide to rant or rave......

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 07/15/08 - 06:54 am
OK someone opened season on

OK someone opened season on politicians. Mine is why vote for Ben Harbin, yes he may have been doing a great job, but, until he stands up and takes responsibility for his actions and quits trying to use his position and lawyers to beat the system he is supposed to be upholding, then he rates right down there with worm poop. Wait, worm poop is useful.

kiddspur
kiddspur 07/15/08 - 06:57 am
If this bunch really wants to

If this bunch really wants to be helpful -- make plans to go the James Brown Auction and buy something to help get that estate cleared up so good old James kinfolks can quite fighting among themselves....

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 07/15/08 - 06:58 am
Morning Angie!

Morning Angie!

Reality
Reality 07/15/08 - 07:02 am
they need to auction stuff so

they need to auction stuff so the attorneys can be paid...

stumpjumper
stumpjumper 07/15/08 - 07:18 am
why did we have to get

why did we have to get started off first thing talking about attorney's? what a god awful way to srart a day. next it will be organized labor. all low down crooks. send them to iraq, since they are so smart. they could end the war shortly by stealing everything they can get their hands on. it wouldn't be anything else to fight over, they'd have it all.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 07/15/08 - 07:25 am
PTHS, if the vaseline is put

PTHS, if the vaseline is put directly on the ants feet, it'll keep them off the feeder. I think it's the same concept as "salt on a birds tail".

im a namechanger 2day
im a namechanger 2day 07/15/08 - 07:40 am
Good Morning fire and ice!!

Good Morning fire and ice!!

im a namechanger 2day
im a namechanger 2day 07/15/08 - 07:42 am
Wonder if VASELINE will make

Wonder if VASELINE will make sliique GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!

im a namechanger 2day
im a namechanger 2day 07/15/08 - 07:45 am
Good morning PTHS>good

Good morning PTHS>good morning kiddspur>good morning trouble double

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 07/15/08 - 07:59 am
Whodathunkit?

Whodathunkit?

Unbelievable
Unbelievable 07/15/08 - 08:07 am
Woody Merry has too many

Woody Merry has too many skeletons in his closet to run for public office. Marion Williams is an idiot and everytime he opens his mouth Ed Tarver gets more votes. I wonder how many individuals accept his 'free ride' to the polls and then vote for Tarver? Morning All.

createyourfuture
createyourfuture 07/15/08 - 08:08 am
looks like the chat room is

looks like the chat room is open...

dthompson
dthompson 07/15/08 - 08:19 am
To the ranter about cracks in

To the ranter about cracks in their foundations on Stevens Creek Road- I grew up in West Hills during the 70's-80's. We had damage to our house from the quarry as well. There were very visible cracks in our bricks and in our ceilings. Once after a very unexpected loud explosion, it shattered 2 lamps on our fireplace. The quarry never accepted responsibility for any damage. I notice Keystone built a new subdivision on Dennis Road which backs up to the fence of the quarry. I feel sorry for those unsuspecting residents.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 07/15/08 - 08:24 am
What is going into National

What is going into National Hills Shop Ctr where Thompsom Wrecking is demoing?