Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

THIS IS A BIG RAVE for Martha Stewart from the Augusta Care office. She is simply the best and she really, really cares about Augusta. May God bless her.

A RANT TO ALL the people who think gasoline is an entitlement. If you don't like the price of any product, don't buy it. We all should be lucky that we're not paying $10 a gallon.

TO THE NICE gentleman who paid for my lunch June 8 at Ruby Tuesday in North Augusta, thank you.

COACH JIMMY LEWIS does a great job and he does the best he can with what he has to work with.

PAUL BROUN, it is totally hypocritical for you to tell your supporters that you wouldn't run a negative campaign and that Barry Fleming is calling you all sorts of names, then five minutes later turn around and call him the forces of evil.

WHAT? NO GOLF without Tiger Woods? I'm sure the world will survive.

COLUMBIA COUNTY, in spite of your education and your wealth, you are no better than the rest of the CSRA when it comes to treatment of animals.

I'M TIRED OF PUTTING all these applications in and I'm the best cook there is and they won't hire me, but you see signs everywhere saying they're hiring.

I WANT TO RAVE to my next door neighbor who brings in my paper and also the mail every morning rain or shine.

SO, MR. HARBIN'S DUI case is delayed for the fifth time in search of a witness. That's to laugh about. The time I got a DUI the only witness needed was a police officer.

I'D LIKE TO RAVE about Rosemary at the Columbia County Sheriff's Office. She was very friendly, and did a great job in setting us up for the Health Watch program. Keep up the great work and thank you.

COLUMBIA COUNTY animal control, please patrol Lavista Drive during the daytime and the nighttime. It is impossible to sleep out here.

A RAVE FOR THE LADY who put out the rave for Magic Carpet Clean. Because of her, these guys came out and cleaned my carpet, and they are the best.

Rose
Rose 07/12/08 - 09:36 pm
Fueling VP speculation, Obama

Fueling VP speculation, Obama heading to Iraq with Hagel, Reed
Posted: 06:26 PM ET
Reed, a Democrat from Rhode Island, is an Army veteran who is respected in both parties for his knowledge of national security issues. Democratic strategists privately say Reed is highly-regarded by Obama and could also find himself on the short list for a variety of posts in a potential Democratic administration.

There has been speculation that the delegation may also stop in Afghanistan, but sources familiar with the trip would not confirm the possibility of a second stop.

firefighterhammer
firefighterhammer 07/12/08 - 09:38 pm
Sounds like he might be the

Sounds like he might be the man, I could vote for that ticket, what do you think, Rose?

Rose
Rose 07/12/08 - 09:41 pm
I am beginning to enjoy this

I am beginning to enjoy this campaign.Whichever candidate wins, I will support him. I have made my choice,Obama, but one will win and one will lose. I am excited about the voting process. I am going to focus on what happens and enjoy this campaign without slinging any mud. God is in control.

firefighterhammer
firefighterhammer 07/12/08 - 09:42 pm
amen sister!

amen sister!

Rose
Rose 07/12/08 - 09:42 pm
No_Longer_Amazed
No_Longer_Amazed 07/12/08 - 09:46 pm
baroness: Code enforcement is

baroness: Code enforcement is one of the County Departments in my 12:57 PM post that I consider to be very inefficient in their interpretation and resolution of comments/concerns, even when they are passed through Augusta Cares.

Rose
Rose 07/12/08 - 09:50 pm
I watched the video on that

I watched the video on that site. I don't know what to say except very interesting.

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 07/12/08 - 09:55 pm
If Obama wins he will be the

If Obama wins he will be the first half white pres.

The Madame
The Madame 07/12/08 - 09:58 pm
If Obama wins, I am seceding,

If Obama wins, I am seceding, and I am taking Aiken county with me

Trouble
Trouble 07/12/08 - 10:02 pm
LOL insta, that is goin g to

LOL insta, that is goin g to be one BIG suitcase

Rose
Rose 07/12/08 - 11:12 pm
firefighterhammer is NOT

firefighterhammer is NOT firefighterhamer.

alden
alden 07/12/08 - 11:24 pm
At least he knows how to

At least he knows how to correctly spell hammer, unlike your friend. That is unless he really means hamer for some reason.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 07/13/08 - 07:59 am
Listen IDIOT, I know how to

Listen IDIOT, I know how to correctly spell hammer. If you smart azz could read, I made that point before.

alden
alden 07/13/08 - 10:28 am
Oh look at that Rose. Your

Oh look at that Rose. Your buddy is calling names and using bad language. What do you think of that? He took the bait I dangled and showed that he is no better than the rest who call names. Sorry I missed your explanation, HAMER. I don't read every word posted here.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 07/13/08 - 01:20 pm
Hey, PTHS, I'd push that

Hey, PTHS, I'd push that lawnmower over there as you suggested and have my son mow the overdue lawn, but the cord won't reach and if anything got damaged they'd probably sue me and/or charge ME for the electricity. I don't know them and they don't know me. I don't trespass unless I'm trying to put out a fire until the firetruck gets there. (In other words, only in a life and death emergency, THEN I'll risk it.) I have found in the past, that no good deed goes unpunished. I don't have time, energy or resources for taking that kind of a risk. Would you suggest your wife do something like that?

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 07/13/08 - 01:35 pm
From you know where you can

From you know where you can go. You all but called me dumb with your " at least he knows how to spell hammer right, unlike your friend" comment.

alden
alden 07/13/08 - 04:56 pm
I also mentioned that you

I also mentioned that you might have a reason for spelling it the way you spell it. Incidentally, not knowing how to spell does not necessarily mean that you are dumb. Therefore, I did not imply that you are dumb. You inferred that I called you dumb. You have a paranoia problem.