Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

A RANT TO the person complaining about the parents whose children failed the CRCT. What if the child just doesn't take tests well? Have you ever thought about that?

A RANT FOR Midland Valley High School who allowed the students who defaced the yearbook to participate in graduation anyway. It was one thing for them to make their mark as a senior prank, but to pick on other students ... they went just a little bit too far

I WOULD LIKE FOR that Yankee that called Jefferson Davis a traitor to the United States, I would like for him to go down to Biloxi, Miss., walk out on the street corner and say something like that and see what happens.

I WOULD LIKE TO thank the Columbia County Fire Department for getting to the fire on Legion Road so fast. The house was vacant, but the fire could have caused a lot of damage to the neighbors.

RAVES TO A wonderful man, Mr. Buck, over at the Harlem Methodist Church. He's always very nice and polite to people as we volunteer in the summer program for lunches for children.

I CAN'T BELIEVE all the fuss about the X-Mart. Augusta you think you got higher morals than everybody else?

THIS IS A RAVE for a store clerk at Wal-Mart on Bobby Jones Expressway. I want to thank her for her patience and her great customer service on the night before Father's Day.

I KNOW THIS is Augusta, home of the Masters, and CBS is the network of the Masters. However, I must say as an avid golfer that NBC's telecast of the U.S. Open, in particular the playoff Monday, was absolutely sensational and was far superior to the CBS telecasts of the Masters in recent years.

A RANT FOR the Richmond County school board and Dr. Bedden with his staff. You get an F for the school year. You get an F for teachers' conduct. You get an F for your security division. You get an F for CRCT tests. Tell us again why you are getting a raise?

I'M ABSOLUTELY APPALLED at all the people who have Paul Broun signs in their yard. Does it not matter to them that he's been married four times, been through bankruptcies ...?

bluesbrother12
bluesbrother12 07/11/08 - 01:32 am
Appalled, I couldn't agree

Appalled, I couldn't agree more Not to mention falsification of tax documents and then on top of all that question the faith of Barry Fleming a church going man since birth and a deacon of the Harlem Baptist church !! Just because he chooses to not to use that as his only platform for being elected like Mr. Broun. They are both Christian men thats not the issue. So why does Mr Broun hide behind his only argument of being appointed by God to be our congressman Also would watch out for our "1st Lady Nikki" She may want to re-read her Bible.

tonytonytony
tonytonytony 07/11/08 - 03:32 am
I think the city of North

I think the city of North Augusta needs to look at the clowns they have running the rec department. North Augusta was picked to be the host for the 3 divisions of the Babe Ruth baseball South Carolina state championships. This is for 11 and 12 year olds all stars. Because mother nature decided we needed some rain, thursday's games were rained out. No big deal you add 1 day to everything. Not these dummies. They decided that they should start at 2 pm on Friday when most parents and grand parents are working. Then they decide that its ok for kids to play 2 games Friday and 2 games Saturday. Yes they are kids and they can take the heat ok. But to make these kids play 4 games in 24-30 hours is crazy. The pros that make millions arent allowed to. But these clowns think its ok for these kids to. Let a kid fall out from the heat and just maybe the city of North Augusta may realize they have a bunch of stupid azz clowns running the rec department. I bet if any of them had a child or grand child playing in this they might have looked at things a bit different.

PTHS2
PTHS2 07/11/08 - 04:20 am
It's also possible to help

It's also possible to help your child learn to be more comfortable taking tests. Try searching online for quizzes and pre-tests. Have you ever thought about that? Also, I don't mind a poiltician that has faced some "speed bumps" in his life and overcome them. I think he might have a better grasp and understanding of what many "average Joes" face. G'mornin, y'all!

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 07/11/08 - 04:26 am
bluesclues, you ought to be

bluesclues, you ought to be wondering why he still has so many friends that will put up signs for him in their yards. You might learn something.

methree
methree 07/11/08 - 05:09 am
A rant for the property tax

A rant for the property tax increase!
Please!! raise the sales tax and let EVERYONE pay for the services in Richmond County, not just us property owners. I'm 60 and i get to pay for the schools and my kids finished school a LONG time ago!

dhd1108
dhd1108 07/11/08 - 05:20 am
oh goodness. the property tax

oh goodness. the property tax increase is almost nothing compared to having your property re-assessed. Honestly if you can't handle a 24$ increase on a $100,000 home then perhaps you should downsize. Or call your kids and have them wire you money. heh.

methree
methree 07/11/08 - 05:26 am
Hon, if you didn't live so

Hon, if you didn't live so close to the golf course you wouldn't have been re-assessed.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 07/11/08 - 05:30 am
A prepared child does well on

A prepared child does well on a test. An unprepared child doesn't test well. To the more perceptive, parenting might enter into that equation.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 07/11/08 - 05:31 am
The X-mart whiner must be new

The X-mart whiner must be new to the area.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 07/11/08 - 05:36 am
Appalled about Paul Broun

Appalled about Paul Broun support? You're not looking at the whole picture. Did you ever hear the story about the five blind men that discovered an elephant? Each touched the elephant in a different place (trunk, leg, tail, torso, ear) so each told a different story about what an elephant was like. Only when they put their stories together did they have an idea what an elephant was really like.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 07/11/08 - 05:48 am
good morning patriciathomas.

good morning patriciathomas. I'm glad to see Paul Broun still has supporters that aren't fooled by Barry Fleming's attacks.

christian134
christian134 07/11/08 - 05:54 am
Good morning all..:-) Like

Good morning all..:-) Like that story patricia...On the subject of taxes did you guys ever hear about the visitor from Holland who was chatting with his American friend, jokingly explaining the red, white, and blue Netherlands flag. "Our flag symbolizes our taxes," he said, "We get red when we talk about them, white when we get our bill, and blue after we pay them." The American replied, "that's the same with us, only we see stars, too."...:-)

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 07/11/08 - 05:55 am
The Barry Flemming adds

The Barry Flemming adds should offend more then they convince. Flemming's rare stated comment on his stands make him seem like the "old guard" politician. He's going to have a hard time defeating Broun with his approach.

rjay
rjay 07/11/08 - 06:03 am
good morning all, have a

good morning all, have a great weekend

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 07/11/08 - 06:03 am
I hope you're right patricia.

I hope you're right patricia. I'm going off line for a while now, hope you and all our posters have a blessed day. It's a good day that starts out with the birds chirping outside my window. What a pleasant sound.

jebko
jebko 07/11/08 - 06:07 am
Ya know what's missing? The

Ya know what's missing? The 'continuation' at the bottom of the page after this blank post your message board. To get to the next story/article you have to click the 'back' button...wait....scroll down and click on the next article; then repeat...repeat...repeat. GEEZE!

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 07/11/08 - 06:29 am
You're right jebko, that's a

You're right jebko, that's a lot of really hard work.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 07/11/08 - 06:50 am
Barry Fleming has insured

Barry Fleming has insured that he will not get my vote by slinging so much mud. I have not heard anything but mudslinging from him, no promises or dreams or goals, no qualifications, nothing.

createyourfuture
createyourfuture 07/11/08 - 06:59 am
I don't know what is worse,

I don't know what is worse, Barry Fleming's mud-slinging, or Paul Broun's voting record. Don't blame me, I voted Libertarian.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 07/11/08 - 07:10 am
Let's all write in Spongebob

Let's all write in Spongebob Squarepants for each office. I think at this point a cartoon would be more effective, or at least accurately reflect the publics perception of our current political office holders!

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 07/11/08 - 07:14 am
whats happening Angie!

whats happening Angie!

sliique
sliique 07/11/08 - 07:18 am
Yeah, well...There are

Yeah, well...There are Yankees and those that WISH they were.

That ranter needs to go on a street corner in Columbus, Ohio and say those rant words.

DeborahElliott2
DeborahElliott2 07/11/08 - 07:24 am
Christian134, That was a

Christian134, That was a funny joke this morning, thanks. I agree with that! Good morning everyone!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 07/11/08 - 07:24 am
Sliique, it that happens to

Sliique, it that happens to be you then pack your happy self up, point your hoopdee north and head out!

CSRAider
CSRAider 07/11/08 - 07:26 am
tonytonytony We have played

tonytonytony We have played in many tournaments and I have taken many days off for my sons baseball games. Kids are resilient they can play hard. I think you are thinking more about yourself than the kids. I also bet you team lost. Thank the Rec Dept for getting the games In. I guess you were looking at the schedule of the rec dept. And the games they have coming after yours!

Reality
Reality 07/11/08 - 07:32 am
Happiness is .....A north

Happiness is .....A north bound Yankee...Here it is a Westward bound Yank...

john
john 07/11/08 - 07:39 am
Happyness is a being a yankee

Happyness is a being a yankee living here! I have assimliated, eat grits and hushpuppies. I say y'all and working on fixin to. And I dont have to shovel snow!

apocoilipsenow
apocoilipsenow 07/11/08 - 07:45 am
john, you da man!!!!!

john, you da man!!!!!

No_Longer_Amazed
No_Longer_Amazed 07/11/08 - 07:50 am
dhd1108: I don't know where

dhd1108: I don't know where you live or how long you have lived here, but in Richmond County property taxes have been steadily increasing. They did re-assess the property, thay have increased the millage rate, and now they are proposing to increase both the property tax AND school tax AND remove the over-65 school tax exemption. What is wrong about all of this is the apparent fraud, waste, and misuse of the tax money collected.

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 07/11/08 - 07:51 am
Mornin apoc

Mornin apoc

Charges for sex offender

A man convicted of sex charges in Columbia County, who then went to prison for child molestation in south Georgia is back behind bars.