Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

WHY DOES THE CHRONICLE keep running the Mini Page? And why does the Mini Page continue to mislead kids? Example: two full pages about the Fourth of July, and only a small corner of one of those pages even comes close to talking about independence for the new United States. The rest is about camping, which has absolutely nothing to do with the reason we celebrate the Fourth of July.

I HOPE THIS WARNING reaches my neighbors in time because if your fireworks set my yard or house on fire, you will be prosecuted. It is suggested that you shoot fireworks into a parking lot or over water.

IF RUSH LIMBAUGH just signed a deal worth $38 million, do you really think he cares if this country is in debt? You can believe this, after eight years of George Bush, his party is done. It's over. He loses. I would love to place a wager with this hypocrite.

I THINK THOSE who are down on the Augusta Groove need to sit down and be quiet. This is just another positive aspect that the city needs. I think that they needed to advertise more about the tryouts because I know a few people who are interested and did not know. So go, Augusta Grooves!

THE GEORGIA DOT agreed to settle, i.e., to pay off, two people who accused a DOT exec of harassment. The guy may be guilty, but the taxpayers are not guilty. Any payoff should come from the bad guy's pocket.

SHAME ON THE editorial page and other Republican-inspired media outlets for twisting Gen. (Wesley) Clark's legitimate comments into a "criticism" of (John) McCain's military service. Are you so hard-up for real issues that you have to resort to such nonsense?

INSTEAD OF RAISING TAXES in Richmond County for gas and schools, make driving and talking on a cell phone illegal. Charge $500 a pop and you'll get your money. Everyone is on their cell phone and not paying attention to driving.

I'VE ALWAYS BELIEVED guns are fine for hunting plentiful game, protecting your property and person from coyotes and poisonous snakes and such, or defending your home and family against invading criminals. But the idea of using guns to protect yourself from "the government" is dangerously absurd.

A RANT OVER the fireworks show at Fort Gordon. Hopefully somebody can do a better job next time.

A RAVE FOR attorney Chip Dillard. He's done for me in two months what another attorney in this town couldn't do in five years.

MonkeyC
MonkeyC 07/10/08 - 01:05 am
In response to the rant and

In response to the rant and ravers, shut up.

SissyBoy
SissyBoy 07/10/08 - 03:24 am
Rush Limbaugh is going to

Rush Limbaugh is going to have more fun and listeners than ever once we are elected! Nobody cares how much money he makes, our voters don't care about facts! We will get the change. Obama-Clinton '08!

Trouble
Trouble 07/10/08 - 03:35 am
Morning all

Morning all

Trouble
Trouble 07/10/08 - 04:01 am
I see lil nicky never showed

I see lil nicky never showed last night, guess he was banned and momma is jut in denial

Trouble
Trouble 07/10/08 - 04:19 am
Freeman (Zeno) its gonna be

Freeman (Zeno) its gonna be hot out there today, make sure you take precautions so you dont get heat stroke while you are out there doing those lawns

turnleft2winfan888
turnleft2winfan888 07/10/08 - 04:28 am
Ahhh, people can't handle the

Ahhh, people can't handle the TRUTH that Rush delivers to his listeners? If you can't handle the truth, don't listen to his radio show. Money has nothing to do with the topics he discusses on his show...he just merely informs his listeners, new or old, the cold, hard truth...whether we agree or disagree. I am glad that he is on the air, afterall, if you listen to Obama's new add regarding his "student loans", Rush totally crushes Obama by telling America the TRUTH about his so called "student loans" and all of the other garbage Obama lies about in his add. Pretty boy doesn't make good president, make me weak at the knees, or make me feel safe. THE TRUTH HURTS RUSH HATERS!!!

White_Trash1

White_Trash1 07/10/08 - 04:50 am
I have Zenophobia

I have Zenophobia

Trouble
Trouble 07/10/08 - 04:51 am
Morning ZZ, how are you

Morning ZZ, how are you today?

jebko
jebko 07/10/08 - 04:54 am
When Adolf Hitler came to

When Adolf Hitler came to power in Germany one of the first laws he decreed was the disarmament of the German citizen. They ceased to be citizens and became subjects.... and became DEAD.

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 07/10/08 - 05:01 am
Zz, still a free country,

Zz, still a free country, last time I checked, may not be after Nov. Osama Obama 08

buddyboone
buddyboone 07/10/08 - 05:44 am
rush is a pervert. he could

rush is a pervert. he could buy a lot of little boys in the dominican republic like he did last time he was there.remember fatboy didn't go into the military because of the little boil on his butt.bet that boil isn't stopping him from enjoying peanut butter alley now,go you slob! my jake! why would charlie wear boxers? do they even still produce those hideous garments?well it's time for my jane fonda workout,later losers.

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 07/10/08 - 05:46 am
Note to all who say check

Note to all who say check Osama Obama's voting record. Not much to go on since he missed 43.5% of the votes. Source. Washington Post

christian134
christian134 07/10/08 - 05:57 am
Good morning all...I have

Good morning all...I have found out it doesn't matter what facts, hard facts, are put before Obama's followers they will turn a blind eye...Kind of reminds me of the mindless loyalty that Charles Manson's followers had for him, Jim Jones, or the little Hitlers to the Sharptons to the little Idi Amin's of this world...

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 07/10/08 - 05:59 am
ZZZ please stop wasting

ZZZ please stop wasting space, I'm tired of skipping over your useless and mindless drivel!

sliique
sliique 07/10/08 - 06:05 am
A HUGE AMEN to the Taxes &

A HUGE AMEN to the Taxes & Cell Phone Rant!!!

"STOP using the reader comments section as a chat room !!!!!! People such as "trouble", "roadkill", "rjay", etc., waste space. Their comments are nothing more than useless banter back and forth."

THat is a very VIABLE statement. However, these people are so bored, old and lonely, they have NOTHING else to do. They'd rather call your Post "drivel," or they'd rather Post something like "mornin all," or "hi, xyz," or "yawn." Pathetic, absolutely pathetic!!!!

PTHS2
PTHS2 07/10/08 - 06:13 am
This is coming from somebody

This is coming from somebody that can't pick up a free paper and put it in the trash once a week..... yeah okay.

Bored in GA
Bored in GA 07/10/08 - 06:16 am
Hello.....Then what do we

Hello.....Then what do we charge for the guy or woman that cut you off because they were busy eating their lunch or talking to their friend in the front seat with them? Do we also charge them? Get off the kick about the cell phone...some people can walk and chew gum at the same time!

white_trash
white_trash 07/10/08 - 06:18 am
It is time for us to make

It is time for us to make English the official language of The United States. I don't think the federal government had realized yet that it has opend itself up for a huge laswuit. The printing of offical govenment forms has to stop. Right now they are printed in English and Spanish. What about all of the other languages spoken in our country. I am not opposed to LEGAL emmigration, but I have been 6 foreign countries. In 4 of the 6, English was not the "normal" langusge spoken. While I was not made to feel inferior not knowing their language, I certainly did not find various forms printed in English for little ol' me. If I had to have something done I had two choices, either learn their language or pay an interpeter. But I digress, back to the point I was making. If we don't take action soon to make English the official language, some emmigrant who dones not speak either English or Spanish will file a discrimination suit against the government. And the way things are now, they will win. It is time to act. Just my opinion.

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 07/10/08 - 06:26 am
hey Angie

hey Angie

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 07/10/08 - 06:28 am
Bored in GA, I am a

Bored in GA, I am a professionl driver. Some states have an inattentative driving law. Personally I think this should be in all states. No one can concentrate fullly on driving while on the phone, eating, or anything else. Just remember that the next time you pull out in front of a fully loaded 18 wheelerbecause you were looking for the fries to go with your hamburger. People, if you are driving, please pay attention to what you are doing.

DeborahElliott2
DeborahElliott2 07/10/08 - 06:34 am
To the Ranter about the

To the Ranter about the fireworks on Fort Gordon, you are Unthankful AND Selfish! Many people in other cities had their fireworks canceled cause of funding, and you have some nerve complaining about what you Did get on Fort Gordon! Shame on YOU! Next year, just stay HOME!

PTHS2
PTHS2 07/10/08 - 06:40 am
DE2 - Welcome back to the

DE2 - Welcome back to the fray. Nice post! I'm surprised nobody has complained about the cost of The Fort's Independence Day Celebration. Even the Army band was playing for free. And don't forget about the cost of the artillery charges for the cannons during the finale of the 1812 Overture. Imagine, tax payer dollars being spent on patriotism for the sake of military members and their families and visitors from the community. It's shameful isn't it?

Reality
Reality 07/10/08 - 06:41 am
Here is what Jesse Jackson

Here is what Jesse Jackson said to someone before he knew his mic was on, "See, Barack's been talking down to black people ... I want to cut his nuts off."The Rev. Sharpton said it wasn't a nice comment and lets put it behind us....It sure is a good thing that the double standard works for them.........

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 07/10/08 - 06:56 am
PTHS, sure is shamfull. All

PTHS, sure is shamfull. All that money so we can have a nice, enjoyable, and safe night. What was the General thinking when he autorized all that wasted money. Hope he wastes more next year.

sawgrass
sawgrass 07/10/08 - 07:07 am
STOP using the reader

STOP using the reader comments section as a chat room !!!!!! People such as "trouble", "roadkill", "rjay", fire-n-ince, coldbeerboiledpeanuts etc., waste space. Their comments are nothing more than useless banter back and forth. Get a life. Reserve your comments that are related to the rants/rave section. If you don't understand how a chat room works, buy some stamps and write each other a letter !!!!!!!

justthefacts
justthefacts 07/10/08 - 07:10 am
Trouble he was on, under a

Trouble he was on, under a new name.