Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

THE OIL PROBLEM CAME about from pressure by the "environmentalists" who are not about saving any environment but are just using that as their political tool. Look at the mess they've already got us in. They are merely dangerously ambitious, politically driven nuts who want to rule the world; and their method is to con people into believing the world is under attack from nature and will die unless THEY are put in charge.

REPUBLICANS ARE now trying to scare voters away from Bob Barr, saying he'll steal votes from the abomination McCain (who is still less an abomination than Obama).

"ANYBODY BUT SAXBY'' is a good beginning to voting in the next senatorial race.

A RAVE TO ALL my friends at the best law office in town. I just want you to each know that i am going to miss you like crazy. New York will never compare to Augusta in the friends department.

THANK YOU, WEINBERGERS, for the tent sale. We need the rain!

LET'S SEE NOW, gas is $4 a gallon, thousands of our kids are dead and dying in Iraq, thousands are dying because they cannot afford health cost or insurance, and hundreds of thousands are starving to death, and the No. 1 crisis in America is Tiger Woods' knee.

TAXES KEEP GOING UP in Columbia County!! This time the school board is sticking it to us.

AT FIFTH AND REYNOLDS I saw a disabled man had crossed the street but was unable to get up the incline to the sidewalk. A man in a green sport coat stopped, pushed the wheelchair up the incline and onto the level and the disabled man continued on his way. Whoever you are, and wherever you are, God bless you.

SHERIFF WHITTLE, WHY do you tolerate deputies who are down right mean and rude? All of this just because of a traffic incident that involved an expensive car and one of us who drive what we can afford. To the driver of the other car, your attitude was just as bad as the deputies. If having money makes you that way, I would rather not have any.

THIS IS A RAVE for the McDonald's on Washington Road in Evans. It is the cleanest, friendliest, fastest, and freshest one I've been to in a long time. The workers there show a pride that is lost this day and age. Continue to show your pride!! No, I'm not an employee, just an amazed customer!!

Nammy
Nammy 07/03/08 - 01:19 am
Morning, pths! Shudda come

Morning, pths! Shudda come dude...ya missed the party! I did too for a bit-like 3 hrs. of it. We missed you. Hi everyone that IS still allowed here...lol. Have a good day! Hi Moderator...you lurker you! (':

Nammy
Nammy 07/03/08 - 01:25 am
Nice rave about the

Nice rave about the wheelchair. Random acts of kindness are always nice.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 07/03/08 - 01:59 am
namasta, why do you have

namasta, why do you have access to the r&r comments before I do. I just checked this site about 10 minutes ago and it was the crazy poop from yesterday. Good morning.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 07/03/08 - 02:04 am
No, the #1 crisis in America

No, the #1 crisis in America isn't Tiger's knee. The #1 crisis in America is that a proclaimed Marxist may be appointing the next justices to the supreme court. With such poor choices for president, it's going to be especially easy for the easily tricked to make the most foolish choice.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 07/03/08 - 02:06 am
Wealth Envy Driver, you'll

Wealth Envy Driver, you'll get your wish.

PTHS2
PTHS2 07/03/08 - 03:20 am
Free Tickets! - I have 10

Free Tickets! - I have 10 extra tickets for the Robbie Knievel event at the fairgrounds this weekend if anybody wants them. He's going to try to jump 500 Obama supporters with a bulldozer. G'mornin y'all!

Trouble
Trouble 07/03/08 - 04:07 am
Morning all

Morning all

rjay
rjay 07/03/08 - 04:21 am
happy 4th of july everyone

happy 4th of july everyone and good morning all!

Trouble
Trouble 07/03/08 - 04:26 am
morning rjay, happy 3rd of

morning rjay, happy 3rd of july....LOL

No_Longer_Amazed
No_Longer_Amazed 07/03/08 - 04:29 am
KSL and Freeman, I feel

KSL and Freeman, I feel vindicated. All the comments made by "Moderator" were "removed for violation of the comments policy."

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 07/03/08 - 05:01 am
nolongeramazed, now if yours

nolongeramazed, now if yours are removed we'll all be vindicated.

No_Longer_Amazed
No_Longer_Amazed 07/03/08 - 05:04 am
PT: If my comments were

PT: If my comments were removed you would all be vindicated from what?

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 07/03/08 - 05:09 am

Trouble
Trouble 07/03/08 - 05:17 am
Everyone have a good day and

Everyone have a good day and dont have to much fun without me......LOL

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 07/03/08 - 05:43 am
PTHS I'll take two of those

PTHS I'll take two of those tickets.

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 07/03/08 - 05:57 am
Aloha Angie!

Aloha Angie!

christian134
christian134 07/03/08 - 06:00 am
Good morning everyone..:-)

Good morning everyone..:-) Stay safe out there today as the heat and air quality are in the red...

LadyCisback
LadyCisback 07/03/08 - 06:03 am
Good Morning everybody.. My

Good Morning everybody.. My foot still has a GIANT bruise on it but at least I can feel it now.. I can walk on it better than yesterday and my chest still hurts and I still have the mark of the seat belt across but I am fine.. I hope all of the inconsiderate people are having a great morning.. We are so excited!!!!!.. Only FIVE more days until our vacation to the Caribbean!!!!!!! We are going to the beach for a MONTH!!!.. YAY!!!!!

CSRAider
CSRAider 07/03/08 - 06:25 am
Like I Say when the coffee is

Like I Say when the coffee is made and the fritters are warm. Life is good. Augusta is Augusta we are our own worst enemy. When the Atlanta Crowd decides to come this way we will all say remember when we caused our own problems. ATL is coming and you/we cannot stop it.

rbk
rbk 07/03/08 - 06:30 am
PT, I don’t know if he will

PT, I don’t know if he will be a Marxist or a Muslim extremist if he gets in!

stumpjumper
stumpjumper 07/03/08 - 06:37 am
America should boycot all

America should boycot all Lawyers and Organized Labor. Both are tearing the Good OLe USA down. They are sneak thieves, they get piece at the time.

nicsmom
nicsmom 07/03/08 - 07:09 am
morning all

morning all

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 07/03/08 - 07:13 am
Good morning everybody

Good morning everybody

rjay
rjay 07/03/08 - 07:15 am
the reason i said that today

the reason i said that today i want be around tomorrow, so happy eary 4th

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 07/03/08 - 07:18 am
He will be a Marxisrt/Muslin

He will be a Marxisrt/Muslin extremest.. Osama Obama 08

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 07/03/08 - 07:18 am
Hi fire. Goodmorning all

Hi fire. Goodmorning all

rbk
rbk 07/03/08 - 07:19 am
You are right on,

You are right on, stumpjumper. Slick lawyers and unions make my blood boil.

lifelongresidient
lifelongresidient 07/03/08 - 07:30 am
as a conservative who will be

as a conservative who will be voting for obama this time what you must be aware of is the definition of insanity...mcain did oppose/now endorses bush's current tax cuts with out changes, stay the course in the war, pathway to citizenship as does george, nafta w/no changes or free, but uneven trade which has devestated our industrial and textile industries....so i guess to all who will be voting for mcain you think there will be a different outcome???compared to the textbook definition of insanity which is doing the samething over and over and expecting a different outcome..someone tell me what is the difference?

toldya
toldya 07/03/08 - 07:49 am
Ladycis: have a great time at

Ladycis: have a great time at the beach- you should be feeling good by then, BTW- I am a size petite and love vibrant colors, in case you're wondering what to bring me back as a souvenier! ;)

Morning all!

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 07/03/08 - 07:50 am
Hate to be the bearer of bad

Hate to be the bearer of bad new to some of the dumocrats out there but, it was Bill Clinton who signed the NAFTA agreement, Not Bush. Iran said they may block he Straight of Hormuz and oil went up. How did this happen, they haven't don anything yet. But if the US decides to drill for more oil that won't have an effect because no oil will be produced immediately. Well, Iran hasn't blocked the Straights yet and oil went up before the market closed yesterday. Someone care to explain that to me. Osama Obama 0-NO