Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

JUST A COMMENT on the person who claimed they have "legally" carried a pistol for two years without a discharge. I, too, am licensed to carry a handgun on my person; however, I carry it in a holster. I just wonder how he/she has managed to drop and kick their gun? Perhaps they should invest in a good holster and leave it there. I sure wouldn't want my gun going off in my waistband! It tends to ruin your day ... big time.

IT'S SAD WHEN we lose a "good guy" like Tim Russert. Genuine and respected, but mostly, intellectually honest. Even though he was a Democrat, he seemed to be equally tough to both sides. As a Republican I respected that about him. Too bad there aren't more journalists that are able to put their personal opinions aside in order to get to the "real" truth.

OBAMA KEEPS SAYING, "I'm gonna do" this and that. Is that arrogance or just stupidity? A president has to go to Congress to do most things, particular with taxing, etc., which is what he was talking about.

BUSH WANTS A NEW Marshall Plan for the Middle East. The old Marshall Plan gave a lot of American tax money to Europe. Maybe that was good; don't know. But to give money to the people who control most of the world's oil is surely as nuts as a "leader" can get.

A RANT TO TRASHY youth in Harrisburg who walk past garbage cans and toss garbage onto the sidewalks and in our yards. If we kindly ask them to please pick it up, they get belligerent. The answer is gentrification. Displace these nasty people with better people. Invest in Harrisburg and lets push out the low-rent riffraff.

WHAT HAPPENED to For Better Or Worse in the Sunday comics?

IF THE HARRISBURG Kroc Center is going to be a success, Augusta needs to build railroad overpasses on Broad Street and the River Watch parkway. People who might go to the Harrisburg Kroc will not deal with waiting for a long train. Instead of spending bucks dreaming up new ways to spend money, city officials should fix the problems that we have now. Railroad overpasses are long overdue.

THANKS TO ALL of you that are working and paying Social Security so I don't have to work, and can go fishing today.

HUGE RAVE FOR Ken at Magic Carpet Cleaning. He did an excellent job cleaning the floors of my rental property after a less "superior" company had cleaned it twice and left it looking dingy and stinky.

namaste 06/25/08 - 02:59 pm
not in the least...just had a

not in the least...just had a much better choice for Mrs. Howell that maybe we could at least tolerate...with the least amount of b*tching, yanno. If I'm gonna be stranded on an island...and were given a choice beforehand...that's it.

RollTide
RollTide 06/25/08 - 02:59 pm
Thanks.

Thanks.

namaste 06/25/08 - 03:00 pm
So the baby is alive then?

So the baby is alive then? Thank God.

namaste 06/25/08 - 03:03 pm
In fact, baroness, with only

In fact, baroness, with only one sentence--you only caught my eye with my name...normally, I mow over ya. So not at all obsessed with you.

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 06/25/08 - 03:03 pm
Chief Page Turner....where

Chief Page Turner....where have you been?

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 06/25/08 - 03:03 pm
NAMASTA, I just ask because

NAMASTA, I just ask because you've been complaining about my posts being so long, but you're the one that taught me how to cut and paste. ( can just hear the groans....Grin.)

PTHS2
PTHS2 06/25/08 - 03:04 pm
sneaky - I'm waiting! lol

sneaky - I'm waiting! lol

namaste 06/25/08 - 03:04 pm
25 more posts and

25 more posts and counting...lol.

sneaky pete
sneaky pete 06/25/08 - 03:05 pm
I was on my way to a three

I was on my way to a three alarm fire when I ran into my third grade teacher. He had been charged with setting fire to the house in my old neighborhood where all the kids used to play, but now it's a crack house. I called the cops, but it takes them 23 minutes to respond (I time them each time I call). Anyway, I want to organize a group to keep him from going to jail because sometimes cats are misunderstood because they live in 30906. Yesterday, four new bodies were found next door to my second cousins house. I knew something fishy was going one. I have been alerting the secret service for the last 2.5 years about the foul odor. All I got was a do not disturb sign put on my door at midnight. I kept dropping the packages off at the house from the clippings I saw in magazines. I was really working for the CIA. I even had my own agent assigned to me. Nobody else could see him but me. He and I knew it was a case of life or death. I send signals to him thru the r and r's in the paper also. I see dead people in the tv. The police call me to find out where the bodies are. Hip hop hippy to the hippity hip hip hop ya don't stop hopping to the bang bang boogie said up jump the boogie

Brenda_G
Brenda_G 06/25/08 - 03:06 pm
For those of you who are avid

For those of you who are avid readers of For Better or Worse it can be found, daily, as well as Sunday, here: http://www.fborfw.com/ Also there is a lot of background information on Lynn as well as her characters and games for young ones. Enjoy!

namaste 06/25/08 - 03:06 pm
At the DMV with hubby...with

At the DMV with hubby...with all that was happening here lately--we both had to renew licenses-he, motorcycle and since i was just there and told him they got me in and out in less than 10 mins...I went with him as I am his ears...he's half deaf in one and can't hear outta the other...lol.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 06/25/08 - 03:09 pm
Angie if you like a guy

Angie if you like a guy that's part Professor and part Gilligan, than I think you must be a very likable person yourself. I'd like somebody like that, too.

namaste 06/25/08 - 03:09 pm
um, pete...stop what cha

um, pete...stop what cha doing...call your Dr. I think you are overdosing....lmao...[filtered word] was that?

PTHS2
PTHS2 06/25/08 - 03:11 pm
sneaky - Save enough of that

sneaky - Save enough of that $100 bet to get me another keyboard.....crashed forward banging my head on that one.....then spit my mouthful of refreshing beverage into it.

namaste 06/25/08 - 03:12 pm
lmao

lmao

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 06/25/08 - 03:13 pm
no sneaky is just parodying

no sneaky is just parodying some of my posts. He gets a kick out of it. I enjoy reading his parodies because at least they are fiction, so I can get a laugh out of them, unlike mine, which unfortunately I've had to live through.

sneaky pete
sneaky pete 06/25/08 - 03:13 pm
My feet are already burning,

My feet are already burning, but never worry. I have eleven degrees. Instead of using them to my benefit, I choose to roof houses. As we all know, most multi degreed men roof homes in 10o degree heat. It is a way to make ends meet in this time where educated men like myself cannot a job worthy of our educational undertakings so we 'find ourselves' better suited or better yet eve moreso thereof even though moreover benevolently hitherto and though neither nor come what may say what you will we shall overcome the racist race baiting racers rice aroni cocka doodle doo shimmy shimmy sham can ya hear me now and that's what I mean!!!!!! Now, for those of you that have no idea what I mean, it's because you have not taken the time to educate yourselves. So, got out and get a job as a roofer and become educated. As soon as I can make this rhyme, I will become ordained like Jesse and get paid for this mumbo jumbo and I can speak in that style of rap that gets me claps and point my faaangers with which I invoke aaanger. I am on my way hello, to see all my fine fellows...

namaste 06/25/08 - 03:14 pm
pete--is that true or did you

pete--is that true or did you just grab that offa yer back side?

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 06/25/08 - 03:14 pm
Let me add a little fuel to

Let me add a little fuel to that fire, the smoke at Bobby Jones and Peach Orchard roads that was billowing into the air around noon time was a woods fire. Happy now?

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 06/25/08 - 03:16 pm
sneaky, I want whatever

sneaky, I want whatever they're putting in your IV. Is it tequila?

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 06/25/08 - 03:18 pm
Oh no. Chronicle is swiping

Oh no. Chronicle is swiping my style. Stating the obvious. "Augusta in severe drought." Oh well, some people ignore the obvious, so I don't blame the chronicle for banging us overhead with it.

sneaky pete
sneaky pete 06/25/08 - 03:19 pm
I can't believe y'all don't

I can't believe y'all don't know who I am imitating on the second one.

PTHS2
PTHS2 06/25/08 - 03:22 pm
This reminds me of some

This reminds me of some posters - Frank was excited about his new rifle. So, he went bear hunting. He spotted a small brown bear and shot it. There was then a tap on his shoulder, and he turned around to see a big black bear.
The black bear said: "You've got two choices.
I either maul you to death or we have rough sex."

Frank decided to bend over. Even though he felt sore for two weeks, Frank soon recovered and vowed revenge. He headed out on another trip where he found the black bear and shot it.

There was another tap on his shoulder.

This time a huge grizzly bear stood right next to him. The grizzly says: "That was a huge mistake, Frank. You've got two choices. Either I maul you to death or we have REALLY rough sex."

Again, Frank thought it was better to comply. Although he survived, it would take several months before Frank finally recovered. Outraged he headed back to the woods, managed to track down the grizzly and shot it.

He felt sweet revenge, but then there was a tap on his shoulder. He turned around to find a giant polar bear standing there.

The polar bear says:
"Admit it, Frank, you don't come here for the hunting, do you?"

swolf612000
swolf612000 06/25/08 - 03:26 pm
Sneaky, that was too easy, I

Sneaky, that was too easy, I just wanted to see if someone else could guess it! Freebird!! lol

namaste 06/25/08 - 03:31 pm
5 & counting down... (':

5 & counting down... (':

toldya
toldya 06/25/08 - 03:32 pm
pths:lmao

pths:lmao

sneaky pete
sneaky pete 06/25/08 - 03:37 pm
gottab--Come out. Who did you

gottab--Come out. Who did you used to be??

namaste 06/25/08 - 03:40 pm
Now don't everybody speak all

Now don't everybody speak all at once...lol.

namaste 06/25/08 - 03:41 pm