Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

JUST A COMMENT on the person who claimed they have "legally" carried a pistol for two years without a discharge. I, too, am licensed to carry a handgun on my person; however, I carry it in a holster. I just wonder how he/she has managed to drop and kick their gun? Perhaps they should invest in a good holster and leave it there. I sure wouldn't want my gun going off in my waistband! It tends to ruin your day ... big time.

IT'S SAD WHEN we lose a "good guy" like Tim Russert. Genuine and respected, but mostly, intellectually honest. Even though he was a Democrat, he seemed to be equally tough to both sides. As a Republican I respected that about him. Too bad there aren't more journalists that are able to put their personal opinions aside in order to get to the "real" truth.

OBAMA KEEPS SAYING, "I'm gonna do" this and that. Is that arrogance or just stupidity? A president has to go to Congress to do most things, particular with taxing, etc., which is what he was talking about.

BUSH WANTS A NEW Marshall Plan for the Middle East. The old Marshall Plan gave a lot of American tax money to Europe. Maybe that was good; don't know. But to give money to the people who control most of the world's oil is surely as nuts as a "leader" can get.

A RANT TO TRASHY youth in Harrisburg who walk past garbage cans and toss garbage onto the sidewalks and in our yards. If we kindly ask them to please pick it up, they get belligerent. The answer is gentrification. Displace these nasty people with better people. Invest in Harrisburg and lets push out the low-rent riffraff.

WHAT HAPPENED to For Better Or Worse in the Sunday comics?

IF THE HARRISBURG Kroc Center is going to be a success, Augusta needs to build railroad overpasses on Broad Street and the River Watch parkway. People who might go to the Harrisburg Kroc will not deal with waiting for a long train. Instead of spending bucks dreaming up new ways to spend money, city officials should fix the problems that we have now. Railroad overpasses are long overdue.

THANKS TO ALL of you that are working and paying Social Security so I don't have to work, and can go fishing today.

HUGE RAVE FOR Ken at Magic Carpet Cleaning. He did an excellent job cleaning the floors of my rental property after a less "superior" company had cleaned it twice and left it looking dingy and stinky.

sunnysmiles11
sunnysmiles11 06/25/08 - 10:43 am
Angie, you mean he's a goofy

Angie, you mean he's a goofy nerd?

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 06/25/08 - 10:47 am
LOL. Yes sunny. You got it.

LOL. Yes sunny. You got it. Very goofy. Very funny and very good. And makes my laugh all the time. And don't ask me what I mean by very good!!!!!!!!

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 06/25/08 - 10:48 am
Ok OK. So I'm a closet goofy

Ok OK. So I'm a closet goofy nerd lover. Now every one knows. It's good to be out of that closet, once and for all.

huggybear308091
huggybear308091 06/25/08 - 10:54 am
if you are stupid enought to

if you are stupid enought to honestly believe that was a slip of the tongue from a muslim trained individual then I have some ocean from property to sell you in AZ seeing you are so gullible for well placed slip of the tongue. They Live among us.

Unbelievable
Unbelievable 06/25/08 - 11:00 am
I heard there were WMDs on

I heard there were WMDs on gilligans island, so you better be careful. The U.S.S. Abraham Lincoln is off the coast and launching F-18s as we speak.

opal
opal 06/25/08 - 11:10 am
Here lately anything that

Here lately anything that does not meet the approval of Woodside homeowners is banned in Aiken. I am sure that if they could they would get rid of the Wal mart.

jack234
jack234 06/25/08 - 11:13 am
Way to go OBAMA 08 - get us

Way to go OBAMA 08 - get us back on track again. Its been a long disappointing 8 years.

jack234
jack234 06/25/08 - 11:15 am
Bush represented aggronance

Bush represented aggronance and stupidity. A dangerous combination. OBAMA 08

jack234
jack234 06/25/08 - 11:15 am
Bush represented aggronance

Bush represented aggronance and stupidity. A dangerous combination. OBAMA 08

jack234
jack234 06/25/08 - 11:15 am
Bush represented aggronance

Bush represented aggronance and stupidity. A dangerous combination. OBAMA 08

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 06/25/08 - 11:22 am
Ever get the impression that

Ever get the impression that jack234 is voting for O?

PTHS2
PTHS2 06/25/08 - 11:31 am
Angie - I think many who type

Angie - I think many who type stuff like that are actually McCain plants. They like to pop up, type something stupid then put "Obama 08" at the end to show thinking folks the mindset of the BO supporters.

toldya
toldya 06/25/08 - 11:32 am
jasule: I had no idea where

jasule: I had no idea where the 57 states came from- thanks for enlightening me. Freaks me out

PTHS2
PTHS2 06/25/08 - 11:34 am
The world is flat! It's time

The world is flat! It's time to change it and make it round! Obama '08!

jack
jack 06/25/08 - 11:37 am
For the person tanting about

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 06/25/08 - 11:42 am
PTHS. Gotcha

PTHS. Gotcha

Unbelievable
Unbelievable 06/25/08 - 11:53 am
Jack "For the person tanting

Jack "For the person tanting about Osama promising everything and thinking it may be hard to get all his crap through Congress. If both Houses and the Prez (him) are controlled by the DIMs, he will indeed "change" this country to Marxist socialism." Osama? Fruedian slip much?

JusticeSeeker
JusticeSeeker 06/25/08 - 12:20 pm
The commission paying legal

The commission paying legal fees for the malfeance of a member. Obama and HIS contributors paying off Hilary's bad investment. Is this the new definition of, "Entitlement."
Where, oh where has responsibility for your actions gone?????????

i.b.e.w..electric
i.b.e.w..electric 06/25/08 - 12:27 pm
obama made a slip of the

obama made a slip of the tongue and he s getting raked across the coals.well mccain is so ignorant he doesnt even know the country is in economic distress right now,how out of touch is that.plus the only thing black about him is his skin ,he was raised white . the republicans are just jealous that obama has moral values ,they thought they had a lock on that

PTHS2
PTHS2 06/25/08 - 12:37 pm
I thought Labor Unions

I thought Labor Unions conducted random drug testing. Do they not test for hallucinogens?

JusticeSeeker
JusticeSeeker 06/25/08 - 12:40 pm
The Commission pays legal

The Commission pays legal fees for a malfeasant member, Obama pays Hilary's campaign debt, no one is responsible for their behavior, everyone gets forgiven, where has the idea of being responsible for your actions gone??????

JusticeSeeker
JusticeSeeker 06/25/08 - 12:41 pm
The Commission pays legal

RollTide
RollTide 06/25/08 - 12:52 pm
Oh p l e a s e electric. "the

Oh p l e a s e electric. "the republicans are just jealous that obama has moral values ,they thought they had a lock on that" Say something with some factual basis that you can back up with references and quit stating opinion that you are pulling out of your back side.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 06/25/08 - 12:52 pm
The Commission wasting

The Commission wasting taxpayer's money on a lawsuit against XMART, that they cannot win. Talk about malfeasant.

i.b.e.w..electric
i.b.e.w..electric 06/25/08 - 12:52 pm
if they paid for reversing

if they paid for reversing republican brainwashings,pths needs to be first in line

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 06/25/08 - 12:53 pm
Now a person cannot give

Now a person cannot give their opinion? Dang, and I thought that is what half do everyday on here.

PTHS2
PTHS2 06/25/08 - 12:58 pm
hamer - Who told anybody to

hamer - Who told anybody to shut up? We all have opinions and others have opinions on our opinions. What did I miss?

sneaky pete
sneaky pete 06/25/08 - 01:08 pm
and if they paid for frontal

and if they paid for frontal lobotomies, I hope the union covers it...sorry PTHS, I know u can handle it, but it was toooo easy. I will spin a tune for board achord and harmony

RollTide
RollTide 06/25/08 - 01:08 pm
PTHS, boy GA blew it last

PTHS, boy GA blew it last night, huh?