Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

JUST A COMMENT on the person who claimed they have "legally" carried a pistol for two years without a discharge. I, too, am licensed to carry a handgun on my person; however, I carry it in a holster. I just wonder how he/she has managed to drop and kick their gun? Perhaps they should invest in a good holster and leave it there. I sure wouldn't want my gun going off in my waistband! It tends to ruin your day ... big time.

IT'S SAD WHEN we lose a "good guy" like Tim Russert. Genuine and respected, but mostly, intellectually honest. Even though he was a Democrat, he seemed to be equally tough to both sides. As a Republican I respected that about him. Too bad there aren't more journalists that are able to put their personal opinions aside in order to get to the "real" truth.

OBAMA KEEPS SAYING, "I'm gonna do" this and that. Is that arrogance or just stupidity? A president has to go to Congress to do most things, particular with taxing, etc., which is what he was talking about.

BUSH WANTS A NEW Marshall Plan for the Middle East. The old Marshall Plan gave a lot of American tax money to Europe. Maybe that was good; don't know. But to give money to the people who control most of the world's oil is surely as nuts as a "leader" can get.

A RANT TO TRASHY youth in Harrisburg who walk past garbage cans and toss garbage onto the sidewalks and in our yards. If we kindly ask them to please pick it up, they get belligerent. The answer is gentrification. Displace these nasty people with better people. Invest in Harrisburg and lets push out the low-rent riffraff.

WHAT HAPPENED to For Better Or Worse in the Sunday comics?

IF THE HARRISBURG Kroc Center is going to be a success, Augusta needs to build railroad overpasses on Broad Street and the River Watch parkway. People who might go to the Harrisburg Kroc will not deal with waiting for a long train. Instead of spending bucks dreaming up new ways to spend money, city officials should fix the problems that we have now. Railroad overpasses are long overdue.

THANKS TO ALL of you that are working and paying Social Security so I don't have to work, and can go fishing today.

HUGE RAVE FOR Ken at Magic Carpet Cleaning. He did an excellent job cleaning the floors of my rental property after a less "superior" company had cleaned it twice and left it looking dingy and stinky.

namaste
namaste 06/25/08 - 04:08 am
Morning ya'll! Tim Russert's

Morning ya'll! Tim Russert's from my hometown area! w00t! Didn't know him, no. That's a bummer with all I've read about him. Have a great day.

namaste
namaste 06/25/08 - 04:17 am
Heck, we fish right here on

Heck, we fish right here on this board every day and it doesn't cost anybody anything...but that was super rude to state! handing out signs today (sign #1)---about the carpet cleaning service-shudda left us the name of the less than superior company so they get less business-hurt 'em where it counts!...here's your sign...(#2)

Trouble
Trouble 06/25/08 - 04:41 am
Morning namasta

Morning namasta

PTHS2
PTHS2 06/25/08 - 05:00 am
G'morning namasta and Trouble

G'morning namasta and Trouble - I'm really trying to refrain from any "going off half cocked" references.

Trouble
Trouble 06/25/08 - 05:05 am
LOL morning PTHS

LOL morning PTHS

stumpjumper
stumpjumper 06/25/08 - 05:27 am
lets get the morning started

lets get the morning started off right and rant about union's and lawyers. never been anything as sorry in the good ole usa. yep, you got it, we, the consumer are paying for it out our pocket. we allow such low-life and they laugh all the way to the bank. the unionikes and lawyers should have to work for a living, not steal .

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 06/25/08 - 06:28 am
Aloha Angie

Aloha Angie

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 06/25/08 - 06:57 am
from the cradle to the grave,

from the cradle to the grave, obama '08

CSRAider
CSRAider 06/25/08 - 07:15 am
gun in holster always. Skin

gun in holster always. Skin and gun metal dont mix. It will ruin the finish, the oils from your skin makes the metal rust.

kiddspur
kiddspur 06/25/08 - 07:32 am
New day -- New chapter in the

New day -- New chapter in the R&R Book -- get your posts in early and plentiful to be included in the production -- no deadline set yet for issuing all the posts for the last two weeks - Price being negoiated for publication......

426Hemi
426Hemi 06/25/08 - 07:34 am
Right. His cradle, OUR grave!

Right. His cradle, OUR grave! Obammamammajamma is nothing more than a dolt bellowing socialist rhetoric. Wants us to be a bunch of non-thinking cattle.

sliique
sliique 06/25/08 - 07:43 am
Oh, C'mon! Clutter this

Oh, C'mon! Clutter this Board, as is done EVERY day.

kiddspur
kiddspur 06/25/08 - 07:45 am
sliique - don't stop now -- I

sliique - don't stop now -- I know you are wordier than that!!

tootall
tootall 06/25/08 - 07:47 am
stumpjumper, check your

stumpjumper, check your history, if it wasn't for unions most people wouldn't make decent money or have any benifits and would still be under the straw boss at the company owned store

bullbatt
bullbatt 06/25/08 - 07:49 am
good morning all from new

good morning all from new mexico, nice to be able to keep up with everyone back in good ole Augusta. Vacation is great and having a gr8 time.

workingmom
workingmom 06/25/08 - 07:49 am
Is it supposed to be another

Is it supposed to be another scorcher today? It feels great on my deck right now.

MAGGIE1
MAGGIE1 06/25/08 - 07:52 am
All the comics in the

All the comics in the Chronicle are going down hill. I stopped reading them all together. The good ones are taken out and the replacements are for the birds. I don't know who selects the comics, but someone needs to reconsider.

karmakills123
karmakills123 06/25/08 - 07:58 am
Good morning !!!

Good morning !!! R&R'ers............Its a beautiful day in the neighborhood !!

huggybear308091
huggybear308091 06/25/08 - 08:18 am
You are aware, probably, that

You are aware, probably, that Barack Obama lost his bearings recently and said that he was going to campaign in all 57 states. You heard this? And everybody chalked it up to, "Well, he's tired."
You know, this is a Dan Quayle moment. I mean, Dan Quayle goes out there and misspells "potato," and we still hear jokes about it. Barack Obama says he's gonna go out and campaign in 57 states, he was just tired, you know, it's been such a long campaign, he's been so many places, he probably thinks there are 57 states. Well, I have here a printout from a website called the International Humanist and Ethical Union. And here is how the second paragraph of an article on that website begins. "Every year from 1999 to 2005 the organi zation of the Islamic conference representing the 57 Islamic states presented a resolution to the United Nations commission on human rights called combating." So did Obama just lose his bearings, or was this a more telling slip, ladies and gentlemen?

I'll wager he did say what was on his mind. He is a Humanist, his heart is still Islamic and he really meant that he is campaigning for the 57 states. How many of us knew the significance of 57 states...

getalife
getalife 06/25/08 - 08:27 am
Carrying a pistol stuck in

Carrying a pistol stuck in your pants might ruin more than your day, maybe your nights also. When I read that comment the other day about the guy carrying the gun and dropping and kicking it, reinforced my belief that some people should not be allowed to carry a gun.

workingmom
workingmom 06/25/08 - 08:30 am
I agree with that, getalife.

I agree with that, getalife. I do not like guns and certainly do not want to be near that person in case he drops it or kicks it around me or my children! That's just scary and not very responsible.

Hepkikyo
Hepkikyo 06/25/08 - 09:09 am
It is illegal in GA to carry

It is illegal in GA to carry a handgun without some type of holster, even if you have a permit to carry a gun. He was breaking the law, and should have known better.

fyjigmo
fyjigmo 06/25/08 - 09:11 am
Weapon Safety! I carry a

Weapon Safety! I carry a small pistol sometimes without an external safety, so I usually carry it without a round in the chamber. Unless you are not human and have sticky octopuss fingers, you will occassionaly let something slip out your grasp. I dropped mine once in my own home (never in public), and the safety factor of not having a round in the chamber reinforced my belief that if you just think and plan ahead for safety, accidents will not happen. You should see the number of military recruits who have never held a weapon previous to joining that drop their rifles during basic training. THAT should scare you!

Unbelievable
Unbelievable 06/25/08 - 09:13 am
"It is wonderful to be back

"It is wonderful to be back in Oregon,” Obama said. “Over the last 15 months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go. Alaska and Hawaii, I was not allowed to go to even though I really wanted to visit, but my staff would not justify it.” For reference purposes only.... :)

Thefuturist
Thefuturist 06/25/08 - 09:23 am
it seems the only way to win

it seems the only way to win the fantasy five is to move within 80 miles of atlanta. anything $50,000 to $80,000 a small town player can win. Bigger jackpots only within the range above

workingmom
workingmom 06/25/08 - 09:25 am
Fyjigmo, you have to admit

Fyjigmo, you have to admit that not all people are as responsible as you when it comes to carrying a gun. I'm not against owning a gun but surely do not want to be near someone who accidentally drops it and shoots me or themselves. I suppose I'm one of those people who desperately want to believe that most people are good, even though I do get a reality check every now and then.

No_Longer_Amazed
No_Longer_Amazed 06/25/08 - 09:29 am
namasta: I believe that if

namasta: I believe that if you read between the " " you have the name of the less than superior company.

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 06/25/08 - 09:29 am
High fire!

High fire!

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 06/25/08 - 09:33 am
Sup Angie!

Sup Angie!

griesella
griesella 06/25/08 - 09:34 am
Awwww c'mon......Y'all know

Awwww c'mon......Y'all know that Ken or his Mama wrote that rave.

Paine plans furloughs, salary cuts, layoffs

Paine College President George C. Bradley on Friday announced the college will implement furlough days, salary reductions and layoffs to save $2.4 million over the next fiscal year.