Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

THIS IS A RANT for all consumers who buy products from any store. It is very rude to drop your money on the counter and expect the cashier to pick it up. If you want someone to give you good service, put it in their hand.

THANK YOU, IHOP, for coming to south Augusta. We are looking forward to you opening your doors. IHOP has the friendliest, youngest and the prettiest waitresses in town anywhere and they have a great super breakfast and all the pancakes you want. They are the best in the world and we can't wait till you open.

AUGUSTA-RICHMOND County government: Stop being gas guzzlers. Buy your own gas.

I HAVE A RANT. My daughter is at Merriwether Elementary School in Edgefield County and I think it's pretty sad all the kindergarteners had to bunch all their parents, grandparents into their classrooms for the end- of-the year ceremony while grades first through fifth got to have theirs on stage in the lunchroom with the principal recognizing each of them. That wasn't fair at all.

REGENCY MALL BEING turned into an outlet mall is a great idea.

JUST A SHAME Augusta Symphony has to start an instrumental fund to honor somebody that got slain at a drug deal. Why don't they establish a fund in the name of the late Harry Jacobs? He did more for the Augusta Symphony.

THIS IS A RAVE for Famous Dave's take out. This is especially for Fred, the manager, and Joy, the worker. Thanks for the good service after the problem we had on Memorial Day.

I AM A FIRM BELIEVER that violence never solves anything. I also believed that someday someone would punch Woody Merry's lights out.

TO THE THREE MEN in the Ford F-150 who jumped out of their truck to steal 11 rolls of roofing felt out of my car while I was walking to the middle of the bridge on I-20 trying to get the rest that fell off the truck: I hope you that stealing made you feel like real men. I'm sure someone other than me saw you.

HOW IRONIC THAT state test scores from English classes have plummeted. Consider that the courses are now, apparently, called "English language arts." That's a redundancy it itself. Maybe the "educators" need to study up first.

WOODY MERRY IS a bantam rooster who wants be a big boy someday and can't figure out how.

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 06/22/08 - 02:22 am
Mornin Everyone.... Have a

Mornin Everyone.... Have a SKIPPITY do dah day...

jdwilson1983
jdwilson1983 06/22/08 - 02:48 am
A IHOP across from Waffle

A IHOP across from Waffle House. I will give it 3 months!

mejustnutts
mejustnutts 06/22/08 - 04:18 am
jd, I think you're wrong

jd, I think you're wrong about that. There are many people out there, me for one, that just do not like Waffle House or Huddle House for various reasons (too small). I like the atmosphere of IHOP so much better and think they'll draw a good crowd daily. At any rate, it is another choice for people who want to just get a bite to eat. Thank you IHOP for locating in South Augusta!

marlboroman152
marlboroman152 06/22/08 - 04:44 am
A comment concerning the

A comment concerning the Augusta Symphony rant. Why not a fund for people slain durring drug deals? The city erected a statue to a convicted felon. Granted this person was musically instrumental but he WASN'T a native Augustan.

twman
twman 06/22/08 - 04:50 am
I went to IHOP on Washington

I went to IHOP on Washington Rd awhile back.The seating was cramped,the floors filthy and the waitress and cook was not wearing a hairnet.I couldnt force myself to eat. The waitresses were just standing around talking. Noone cleaning anything.My family and I just left.

1957
1957 06/22/08 - 05:03 am
I am thrilled about IHOP

I am thrilled about IHOP coming to my area. Waffle House is ok but the menu never changes and I can't stand all the order "hollering". It will be my Sunday morning tradition.

1313 06/22/08 - 05:23 am
A rant to all cashiers that

A rant to all cashiers that just stick the change due in your hand. I realize the most registers subtract the amount due from the amount tendered but am I just to assume you can count. I count it out to you- you count it back to me. God forbid I go somewhere where the amount due is $1.52 and I give the cashier $2.02 and they don't have a register that subtracts.

sliique
sliique 06/22/08 - 05:39 am
Alright, now...Let's get all

Alright, now...Let's get all the imbecilic drivel/chat going that has NOTHING to do with today's Rants & Raves, just LIKE everyday around here.

Trouble
Trouble 06/22/08 - 05:46 am
drivel drivel drivel drivel

drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel, oh yea, and i am tired of bending over and picking up that paper that they keep throwing in my yard once a week

msgret92
msgret92 06/22/08 - 05:49 am
I hope the South Augusta IHOP

I hope the South Augusta IHOP is better than the Evans one. It takes nearly an hour to get served and the wait staff is in need of some serious training. You have to go find them to get a coffee refill.

PTHS2
PTHS2 06/22/08 - 05:54 am
G'mornin, Trouble

G'mornin, Trouble

Trouble
Trouble 06/22/08 - 05:55 am
Morning PTHS, have you had

Morning PTHS, have you had your coffee?

PTHS2
PTHS2 06/22/08 - 05:58 am
Yup, I'm ready to go! I

Yup, I'm ready to go! I didn't even have to go to IHOP to get it. Up until now, every comment on this page is related to today's rants and raves. I guess "critical reading" is not a skill required by the unions.

Trouble
Trouble 06/22/08 - 05:59 am
LOL, well, sliique must whine

LOL, well, sliique must whine about something, i believe if we did get a chat room, he would come in there and whine about us not talking about the subject of the day

PTHS2
PTHS2 06/22/08 - 06:02 am
Trouble - We'd have to sign

Trouble - We'd have to sign up, take a 4-year apprenticeship and pay dues to use it probably! And only a stewart could tell us how much we were allowed to comment. Once you get to your quota, no more for today! Don't show up the other posters or "they'll" expect it from everybody!

Trouble
Trouble 06/22/08 - 06:03 am
Maybe the union could provide

Maybe the union could provide someone to come by once a week and pick up that paper for him

Trouble
Trouble 06/22/08 - 06:05 am
I dont think i could handle

I dont think i could handle the apprenticeship PTHS, im betting it would be tought by sliique...........

PTHS2
PTHS2 06/22/08 - 06:06 am
Well if it involves typing

Well if it involves typing and grammar, it's better sliique does it than electric.

Trouble
Trouble 06/22/08 - 06:07 am
If it involves typing and

If it involves typing and grammar, i am screwed from the start

RollTide
RollTide 06/22/08 - 06:09 am
Well, nobody "punched"

Well, nobody "punched" woody's lights out! It was a shoving match and he fell. And if someone tries to break into my house and harm my family while I'm at home, you'll see what violence solves.

Trouble
Trouble 06/22/08 - 06:11 am
Morning RT

Morning RT

RollTide
RollTide 06/22/08 - 06:11 am
Morning trouble, PTHS!

Morning trouble, PTHS!

PTHS2
PTHS2 06/22/08 - 06:13 am
G'mornin, 'Bama brother. I

G'mornin, 'Bama brother. I had a nice chat with some solicitors last week - it went like this. "Hi, we are from....." "Get off my porch now or die on it". Problem solved! lol

Trouble
Trouble 06/22/08 - 06:15 am
LOL PTHS, wish that worked on

LOL PTHS, wish that worked on the phone

RollTide
RollTide 06/22/08 - 06:19 am
LOL. I don't get people

LOL. I don't get people coming to my door because of the road I live on.

Bored in GA
Bored in GA 06/22/08 - 06:21 am
IHOP....Thank You we need a

IHOP....Thank You we need a GREAT place to eat in South Augusta and I know you will be just that....Hope to see you soon......the trip to Evans is long!

Trouble
Trouble 06/22/08 - 06:25 am
IHOP is a great place to

IHOP is a great place to eat?????? You have not been to the one in augusta recently have you?

PTHS2
PTHS2 06/22/08 - 06:26 am
It rarely happens here, more

It rarely happens here, more so in the summer. All the college and exchange students trying to sell magazines or get you to take a research survey. I did give a bottle of Gatorade to a really cute 19 y/o Czech girl last week on a very hot day with the agreement that she not to try and sell me anything. I offer cans of Budweiser and Marlboros to the Jehovah's Witnesses, that works pretty well too.

RollTide
RollTide 06/22/08 - 06:32 am
Mine would be, "I'm not

Mine would be, "I'm not interested. You are tresspassing. You've got about 30 seconds to get out of my yard because that's how long it's going to take me to get back with my gun!"

PTHS2
PTHS2 06/22/08 - 06:33 am
Trouble - To someone who

Trouble - To someone who typed multiple posts in here lauding the fresh biscuit she got at a WaffleHouse on the southside, an IHOP probably looks like the Taj Mahal.

High court rules in probation case

Georgia's Supreme Court issued a unanimous decision concluding that it is legal for local courts to contract with private companies to supervise offenders on probation for minor violations.