Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers.

IF GUNS CAUSE violent crimes, then cars cause accidents, needles cause drug addictions, bottles cause alcoholism and forks are responsible for my pot belly.

COULD SOMEONE TELL ME if it's the agent I have with Child Support Recovery or the local office itself that doesn't push the enforcements it is given?

CONGRATULATIONS, AUGUSTA, on a fantastic Thunder Over Augusta. The exhibits, concert and fireworks were a great tribute to our military heroes. Let this be an annual event.

A GIANT RAVE FOR George Patty, who is the "man behind the curtain." George, who is head of Richmond County planning and zoning and has real history with Augusta problems. Take 10 percent from each commissioner and give it to George as a raise and let him make the decisions. George has good sense.

TROLLEY BUSES? I feel they should run them again. There "were" pockets of times when the buses had a number of passengers, so it was a shame to shut down those buses. And with the change to downtown with new shops and restaurants and the upcoming opening of the former JB White Building, I think it should be run to encourage more touring of downtown.

A RAVE FOR Jeff Kervin Stump & Tree Co. They gave me the best service.

A RANT FOR ALL THE people who get mad when you are asked for ID when using your credit card. You should be glad that we are asking for ID. If you don't want to show your ID, then don't use your card. We do this to protect our business and you also.

A RANT TO PARENTS who allow their children to run around, scream and climb on railings in a restaurant. There are some of us who would enjoy a relaxing meal without the interruption of your out-of-control brats!

I'VE BEEN LEGALLY carrying a pistol every day for about two years. During that time, I have been hassled by panhandlers; bumped, jostled, poked and pushed while standing in lines; been treated rudely by waters, waitresses, cashiers and clerks; and I have not shot anyone. I've accidentally dropped and kicked my gun several times, and moved it from my pocket to my waistband and from my waistband to the console of my car countless times. It has never accidentally discharged. You are safer because I carry my pistol.

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 06/15/08 - 07:46 pm
I only grow frogs and turtles

I only grow frogs and turtles occaisionally!

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 06/15/08 - 07:47 pm
You mean today right now or

You mean today right now or this weekend?

KSL
KSL 06/15/08 - 07:47 pm
I think that the takeoff of

I think that the takeoff of the geese is the funniest. One starts honking, then others start and they honk and honk and the leader lifts off and the rest follow, honking all the way. But the landing is pretty cool with the walking on water, etc.

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 06/15/08 - 07:48 pm
You got it KSL!

You got it KSL!

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 06/15/08 - 07:49 pm
when I was in CT, i played at

when I was in CT, i played at golf on a course that was being taken over by the Canadian menace!

sunnysmiles11
sunnysmiles11 06/15/08 - 07:50 pm
where have you been that you

where have you been that you were on someone else's computer this weekend?

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 06/15/08 - 07:51 pm
I was in TN! I didnt take my

I was in TN! I didnt take my laptop from here!

sunnysmiles11
sunnysmiles11 06/15/08 - 07:52 pm
I'll bet it was cooler there

I'll bet it was cooler there than here..

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 06/15/08 - 07:53 pm
Yes, 70's in the morning and

Yes, 70's in the morning and high 80's in the afternoons. I think it is about 5 degrees cooler on the average!

sunnysmiles11
sunnysmiles11 06/15/08 - 07:54 pm
although this afternoon was

although this afternoon was pretty nice - while a storm was threatening.. we actually were able to sit outside this afternoon..the mugginess left for a couple of hours, unfortunately it returned..

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 06/15/08 - 07:55 pm
Yeah cause it started raining

Yeah cause it started raining when I got in town! messed up the clean car big time!

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 06/15/08 - 07:58 pm
surprisingly, there is a lot

surprisingly, there is a lot of people retiring to the area! No income tax! Low taxes. Slow lifestyle!

KSL
KSL 06/15/08 - 07:58 pm
sunny, I would need more

sunny, I would need more information. In what way have the agents not lived up? Have they not done the things they promised to do or has the house just not been shown? I'm in sort of the same situation with a recent list-er. In my case, I did the homework and showed the client the square footage prices of what had sold in the neighborhood in the last 6 months. The seller came off what he had anticipated listing the property for but not enough, then reduced the price after several weeks, but still not enough. If the house is listed in the MLS and still goes without showings for a long period of time, the market is saying it's listed too high--for this market.

motivatedinhepzibah
motivatedinhepzibah 06/15/08 - 08:06 pm
I just rode downtown last

I just rode downtown last saturday. It's really on the upswing with alot of new construction going on. The whites building looks like its almost done off broad. There are new homes off laney walker and 9th street where the judicial center will be going up. The james brown townhomes off 9th street are going up now as week speak. I saw the crane working on the project downtown. With the tee center, library, watermark condos, kroc center, hotel/condo project on the augusta common, and other developments. I think augusta downtown will boom like it did before. I keep hearing alot of atlanta developers are trying to buy up augusta. Before out of state developers come. The developer who is behind the whites building is from atlanta.

sneaky pete
sneaky pete 06/15/08 - 08:33 pm
sunnysmiles--name the agent.

sunnysmiles--name the agent. Do not be afraid. That's what the forum is for. I'll say it for KSL, because she is too modest. KSL works for the largest and best company in the CSRA and she is top flight. If the agent is not doing his/her job, your kids can fire the heck out of them, work with the mortgage lien holder to maybe make interest only payments until the preoperty is sole (interest is all they care about anyway) and turn the property over quickly. This is prime selling season and if the agent listing the house isn't doing it, bing bang boom...get KSL, she will. I'm gone. See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya. Unless your swolf, then I'd never leave home.

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 06/15/08 - 08:40 pm
celtics/lakers....lakers/celt

celtics/lakers....lakers/celtics.....donaghy says celtics....should I throw my money on the lakers???????????

KSL
KSL 06/15/08 - 09:52 pm
sunnysmiles11, I am so sorry

sunnysmiles11, I am so sorry to hear that. That is the thing that gives us as Realtors a very bad wrap. I can honestly say I have not known any Realtor who would do that. Are they buying and selling locally? I can speak for Aiken only. I would suggest they take any complaints they have with their agent to the broker. If they get no satisfaction there, to the real estate commission.

KSL
KSL 06/15/08 - 09:53 pm
pete, what have you gone and

pete, what have you gone and said now?

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 06/15/08 - 09:55 pm
OK why was sneaky's post

OK why was sneaky's post removed? Sometimes I don't get the rules. Some things that are really offensive stay up and some things that are really tame and non threatening are removed. What gives?

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 06/15/08 - 09:55 pm
Me thinks he opened foot and

Me thinks he opened foot and inserted mouth!

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 06/15/08 - 09:56 pm
OK why was sneaky's post

sneaky pete
sneaky pete 06/15/08 - 09:56 pm
All I said was that sunny's

All I said was that sunny's kids had the right to fire their agent and that I recommend they hire you ksl. I'm getting sick of the moderators on here removing every other thing I say. So, to the moderators on here, stick it up your ^%&#@%#!!!!

sneaky pete
sneaky pete 06/15/08 - 09:58 pm
well you think wrong fire. So

well you think wrong fire. So keep your trap closed if you ain't sure. I'm out. ANd if they remove another post of mine, to hell with em.

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 06/15/08 - 09:59 pm
my bad!

my bad!

The Madame
The Madame 06/15/08 - 10:04 pm
Howdyyyyyyyyyy!

Howdyyyyyyyyyy!

KSL
KSL 06/15/08 - 10:06 pm
Hey to all of y'all.

Hey to all of y'all.

The Madame
The Madame 06/15/08 - 10:07 pm
KSL your hubby owes me a

KSL your hubby owes me a picture of a snake

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 06/15/08 - 10:10 pm
Careful, snake comments could

Careful, snake comments could be deemed inappropriate!!

The Madame
The Madame 06/15/08 - 10:11 pm
That was in reference to a

That was in reference to a metal snake, not a one eyed one

KSL
KSL 06/15/08 - 10:11 pm
Actually he needs to make you

Actually he needs to make you a member of the order of the snakes. That means you get to own one. I will see if I can find a pic and email it to you. We are having computer interface problems. It's driving me crazy.