Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers.

IF GUNS CAUSE violent crimes, then cars cause accidents, needles cause drug addictions, bottles cause alcoholism and forks are responsible for my pot belly.

COULD SOMEONE TELL ME if it's the agent I have with Child Support Recovery or the local office itself that doesn't push the enforcements it is given?

CONGRATULATIONS, AUGUSTA, on a fantastic Thunder Over Augusta. The exhibits, concert and fireworks were a great tribute to our military heroes. Let this be an annual event.

A GIANT RAVE FOR George Patty, who is the "man behind the curtain." George, who is head of Richmond County planning and zoning and has real history with Augusta problems. Take 10 percent from each commissioner and give it to George as a raise and let him make the decisions. George has good sense.

TROLLEY BUSES? I feel they should run them again. There "were" pockets of times when the buses had a number of passengers, so it was a shame to shut down those buses. And with the change to downtown with new shops and restaurants and the upcoming opening of the former JB White Building, I think it should be run to encourage more touring of downtown.

A RAVE FOR Jeff Kervin Stump & Tree Co. They gave me the best service.

A RANT FOR ALL THE people who get mad when you are asked for ID when using your credit card. You should be glad that we are asking for ID. If you don't want to show your ID, then don't use your card. We do this to protect our business and you also.

I'VE BEEN LEGALLY carrying a pistol every day for about two years. During that time, I have been hassled by panhandlers; bumped, jostled, poked and pushed while standing in lines; been treated rudely by waters, waitresses, cashiers and clerks; and I have not shot anyone. I've accidentally dropped and kicked my gun several times, and moved it from my pocket to my waistband and from my waistband to the console of my car countless times. It has never accidentally discharged. You are safer because I carry my pistol.

PTHS2
PTHS2 06/15/08 - 02:46 am
Happy Father's Day to all the

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there.

DeborahElliott2
DeborahElliott2 06/15/08 - 03:38 am
About the gun ranter, with

About the gun ranter, with great power comes great responsibility. Now that you have shown control, people don't question you, but there are some NUTS out there that can't do that. I applaud you for your safety on the gun, just don't get it stolen! Happy Fathers day!

rbk
rbk 06/15/08 - 06:18 am
I totally agree with the

I totally agree with the ranter about showing ID. Why do people consider it a hassle? I tell them I appreciate them asking for ID. It helps protect me if my wallet is lost or stolen. Unless the crook looks like me, the crook will have a hard time using my blank checks or buying things with my credit card. I just wish all businesses would ask for picture ID.

rbk
rbk 06/15/08 - 06:27 am
I agree with the person about

I agree with the person about guns. The gun is just a tool and is under the control of the user. Personally, I have never felt the need to carry one or have one for protection, but will defend the right of someone who wants to carry one, so long as they are sane and not a convict. For that reason I support background checks before someone can purchase one. I don't have anything to hide and it makes me think that those who object to background checks do.

rakkassan
rakkassan 06/15/08 - 06:40 am
On the back of my credit card

On the back of my credit card where the signature should be I signed "Photo ID Required". Most cashiers do not even look at the back side for a signature.

Trouble
Trouble 06/15/08 - 06:52 am
Morning all and Happy Fathers

Morning all and Happy Fathers Day to all that it applies to.

No_Longer_Amazed
No_Longer_Amazed 06/15/08 - 07:05 am
The RAVE about the Richmond

The RAVE about the Richmond County planning and zoning "man behind the curtain" might be correct for the individual, but IMO the Department itself is not very efficient, especially in the area of Board of Zoning Appeals. Meeting Agendas on their web site are not current, and Meeting Minutes are not posted.

PTHS2
PTHS2 06/15/08 - 07:06 am
G'morning, Trouble - and LOL

G'morning, Trouble - and LOL (yeah, I've noticed)

sliique
sliique 06/15/08 - 07:09 am
Truer words have never been

Truer words have never been spoken, AMEN!!!!!

"A RANT TO PARENTS who allow their children to run around, scream and climb on railings in a restaurant. There are some of us who would enjoy a relaxing meal without the interruption of your out-of-control brats!"

Remember all: On the Eight Day, God Created Trade Unions!

Trouble
Trouble 06/15/08 - 07:16 am
OK, wait, is sliique

OK, wait, is sliique suggesting that we send all out of control brats to the trade unions????

Trouble
Trouble 06/15/08 - 07:17 am
If so, post the address

If so, post the address

PTHS2
PTHS2 06/15/08 - 07:17 am
Maybe you should stop eating

Maybe you should stop eating at McDonalds, Golden Corral and CiCi's Pizza buffets.

i.b.e.w..electric
i.b.e.w..electric 06/15/08 - 07:32 am
yeah,hell at golden corral

yeah,hell at golden corral the little brats will knock you over.

sunnysmiles11
sunnysmiles11 06/15/08 - 07:57 am
Good morning everyone - Happy

Good morning everyone - Happy Father's Day to all the Dads!

amazed1
amazed1 06/15/08 - 08:04 am
if one of these little brats

if one of these little brats were to fall down and hurt themselves, the parents would want to sue the restarant for negligense.

sunnysmiles11
sunnysmiles11 06/15/08 - 08:06 am
Prayers of blessings and

Prayers of blessings and thanks to all the caring father's out there.. thanks for stepping up to be there for your children.

PTHS2
PTHS2 06/15/08 - 08:07 am
sunny - It could have been

sunny - It could have been worse - it might have been at Chuck E Cheese's

sunnysmiles11
sunnysmiles11 06/15/08 - 08:12 am
Anybody doing anything

Anybody doing anything special with your dad or family today?

PTHS2
PTHS2 06/15/08 - 08:14 am
Well, for my Father's Day

Well, for my Father's Day wish, I'd like it to rain on my pre-race grilling. It won't stop me, and my lawn would be happier. Besides, lightning bolts put nice sear marks on steaks....

sunnysmiles11
sunnysmiles11 06/15/08 - 08:17 am
PTHS - LOL! Amen to the

PTHS - LOL! Amen to the rain! Plus it would make a nice cool down..

Trouble
Trouble 06/15/08 - 08:22 am
PTHS, you might just get your

PTHS, you might just get your wish, heres hoping. Save me a steak, and let me know what time....lol

PTHS2
PTHS2 06/15/08 - 08:30 am
Trouble - I can reserve a

Trouble - I can reserve a steak for ya, but here is the deal. You have to stand outside in the rain with me while it's grilling...after all - it's not Mother's Day today! (believe me, being near the grill in the rain is less painful than the deep-fryer - we can leave the fryer on the porch for the onion rings and battered mushrooms etc).

Jillian
Jillian 06/15/08 - 08:34 am
Happy Father's Day to all the

Happy Father's Day to all the men who are truly a Dad to their children 365 days a year, and to all the Mom's who have to work double duty 24/7 because the man who fathered your child is too sorry to be a Dad.

A special blessing to all the military families whose children are celebrating today without their Dad being home because he is serving our country. Another thanks to all those men who take the time to show care for children growing up in single parent homes. Good men are a blessing we truly need more of in today's world!

PTHS2
PTHS2 06/15/08 - 08:40 am
Jillian - Well said and Thank

Jillian - Well said and Thank YOU for that.

valleyview
valleyview 06/15/08 - 08:46 am
mornin' angie, fire!

mornin' angie, fire!

Trouble
Trouble 06/15/08 - 09:14 am
Will stand outside in the

Will stand outside in the rain with you PTHS, but i am warning you i could melt, mothers day or not, have you ever seen the death secne in the wizard of oz?

Trouble
Trouble 06/15/08 - 09:14 am
Hey fire

Hey fire

PTHS2
PTHS2 06/15/08 - 09:16 am
Trouble - LOL! I don't

Trouble - LOL! I don't believe that for a second. You might be covered in wasps because you are so sweet.....

Trouble
Trouble 06/15/08 - 09:17 am
Im telling you PTHS, wizard

Im telling you PTHS, wizard of oz like you have never seen before

namaste
namaste 06/15/08 - 10:03 am
Happy Father's Day to all the

Happy Father's Day to all the great Daddys out there!