Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

A RAVE FOR THE armed forces party downtown. It was a blast.

THUNDER OVER AUGUSTA was totally awesome. Great job to all who helped put it on for Augusta and the women and men at Fort Gordon. Great job!

RANT TO THE CROWDS at the armed forces salute. Maybe it was because folks didn't have to pay a penny for the music, but they were rude and obnoxious in chatting up a storm as concerts went on.

THUNDER OVER AUGUSTA was great. Augusta outdid itself. Great entertainment and great fireworks.

HATS OFF TO everyone who organized, supported or attended the Thunder Over Augusta events. A special thanks to Donnie Thompson, who unselfishly made it all happen. Finally, to all the men and women of all the military branches who serve every day, oftentimes without recognition -- a huge thanks from Augusta.

DO WE WANT OUR president to come from a party that made a decision not to allow voting in Michigan and Florida?

A RANT FOR THE two morons riding motorcycles on Windsor Spring Road at Rosier Road. One of you jumped in front of my truck and slowed down so the other one could get over. When you play with danger, sometimes you lose.

RAVE TO BROOKE at the Mellow Mushroom for the great service when my family was in town.

A BIG RAVE TO the man who took our lunch check at Cracker Barrel and thanked my husband for his World War II service to our country.

THIS IS A GREAT BIG rave for the "full-size" Sunday comics. We like them so much. Hope you keep them full size forever!

A RANT ABOUT the lack of theater etiquette at school performances. You don't talk, chew gum, eat or drink during the performance in the theater; this is not your family room. You don't point laser lights at the performers, nor flash photography; it's dangerous.

I HAVE BEEN A RESIDENT in south Augusta for many years. I am also a taxpaying, law-abiding citizen and employed. I work hard to keep up the appearance of my home and yard, although many around me do not. It concerns me that the county does not monitor the streets for potholes, overgrown brush and unkept vacant lots in my neighborhood. As I ride through west Augusta and other upscale neighborhoods, the streets are maintained. Why is it that people living in south Augusta do not get the same services as our high-class neighborhoods?

ONLY THE TRUTH
ONLY THE TRUTH 06/01/08 - 03:04 am
Call the "Augusta Cares"

Call the "Augusta Cares" hotline and tell them what needs to be done. That's what the West Augusta people do. Are you too lazy to dial the number?? Quit whining and do something about it!! JEEZ

DeborahElliott2
DeborahElliott2 06/01/08 - 03:38 am
People in South Augusta are

People in South Augusta are probably mostly minimum wage workers and cannot afford gas for their mowers, much less their cars. People making it in West Augusta have the better paying jobs? That is my guess. Anyway, I am so glad you are richer than most of us folks that you can buy gas for that lawnmower of yours, count your blessings cause gas prices are going UP!

rbk
rbk 06/01/08 - 04:59 am
No, I don't want someone to

No, I don't want someone to be pressident that doesn't want some state's votes to count, but I also could care less which candidate wins. I don't like either one and I also don't care much for the republican candidate either. My candidate of choice won in GA. I think all pressidential primarys should be held on the same day throughout the nation. I also don't like the way the parties run the general primaries. I don't like to have to choose one party or the other to vote on primary day. I sometimes want to vote for a candidate from one party for one office and candidates from a different party for other offices. I understand that we should not be allowed to vote for a candidate from each party for the same office, but with todays computer technology, the computer can be programed to prevent that. Four years ago, I faced that dillema and in order to vote for the sherriff of my choice, had to choose the ticket he was running on and forgo voting for the candiates of my choice for other offices, because they were on the other party's ticket. This year I don't have that problem, because the sherriff has changed and is running with the party of my choice.

PTHS2
PTHS2 06/01/08 - 06:25 am
rbk - You make some excellent

rbk - You make some excellent points. Well done! G'mornin y'all

sickofitinNASC
sickofitinNASC 06/01/08 - 06:45 am
This is a HUGE rant to the

This is a HUGE rant to the North Augusta Parks and Recreation Department. Why don’t you just call the “All Star” tournament what it really is – the “ North Augusta Stinger /My Mom is a Teacher” tournament?? Because that is all it is. It’s bad enough the Stingers come out and use the recreation department boys as practice and treat them like dirt in the process, but now they take our tournament also? Are you kidding me? Don’t they play in enough tournaments? I tell my kid all year; Do the right thing, have a good attitude, play your best and your Coach will do the right thing. Well guess what? It did not matter that he was at every practice, was a great player, had a great batting average and a great attitude. Nope, didn’t matter at all. He’s not a stinger and I’m not a teacher (or principal / assistant principal) Half these kids (the Stinger’s) are dirt kicking, bat slinging, helmet throwing cry babies. And yes I AM MAD!!! My child has been a good sport and a good example. He played well enough to be there and most importantly he is recreation department player. NOT A STINGER PLAYER!!!!!! The Stinger’s have tournaments every single weekend. Give me a break already.

Trouble
Trouble 06/01/08 - 06:46 am
good morning all

good morning all

Jillian
Jillian 06/01/08 - 06:46 am
The Big Red Machine kicked

The Big Red Machine kicked some butt last nite!

Trouble
Trouble 06/01/08 - 06:47 am
as far as the price of gas

as far as the price of gas and lawn mowers go, yes it is expensive, but how many gallons of gas does your lawn mower hold? and how many tanks does it take to mow the yard?

PTHS2
PTHS2 06/01/08 - 07:08 am
Well there is always the push

Well there is always the push mower or scythe option too. So many are worried about their heritage - go back to it and try it for a while.

namaste
namaste 06/01/08 - 07:19 am
sick~~how many days are you

sick~~how many days are you gonna copy & paste that rant? We hear ya...

nightraider
nightraider 06/01/08 - 07:25 am
go back to nature, get

go back to nature, get goats,--good mowers!

Trouble
Trouble 06/01/08 - 07:27 am
you just dont want to step in

you just dont want to step in anything that the goat leaves behind

KSL
KSL 06/01/08 - 07:34 am
namasta, there should be

namasta, there should be someway to report someone who is not abiding by the rules here. Someone can post the same thing on all threads, but without the AC at least doing some monitoring, they have no clue that it is going on unless you get someone to complain about the complainer. There is a huge flaw in that system.

KSL
KSL 06/01/08 - 07:37 am
Goats are cute. But they are

Goats are cute. But they are not allowed in my subdivision. Other suggestions nightraider? I'm not moving. Been here 34 years.

Trouble
Trouble 06/01/08 - 07:37 am
i think sick is going to post

i think sick is going to post the rant till we are sick and tired of it just like he is

KSL
KSL 06/01/08 - 07:38 am
t, I found that out.

t, I found that out.

KSL
KSL 06/01/08 - 07:44 am
Here is how it works. namasta

Here is how it works. namasta gets tired of the posts and asks someone else to post a complaint that namasta then reports. Mission accomplished. Or namasta asks someone to report his post about his posted complaint. The AC people have to look into it. Problem solved eventually. There should be a much easier solution, but that is how it is now.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 06/01/08 - 08:02 am
tj, goat pellets are similar

tj, goat pellets are similar to rabbit pellets, but larger. They're no bad to step on. After they've been on the ground for a few minutes, they won't even stick to your shoes. They break down to wonderful fertilizer almost immediately. Goats are cool. Just stinky.

Trouble
Trouble 06/01/08 - 08:04 am
well, if we could just solve

well, if we could just solve the stinky problem, then sign me up for a goat

christian134
christian134 06/01/08 - 08:04 am
Good Sunday morning all...:-)

Good Sunday morning all...:-)

Trouble
Trouble 06/01/08 - 08:22 am
morning christian

morning christian

christian134
christian134 06/01/08 - 08:28 am
right back at ya tjtrouble..

right back at ya tjtrouble..

freespeech
freespeech 06/01/08 - 08:51 am
A goat is no worse than a

A goat is no worse than a stinking barking dog.

freespeech
freespeech 06/01/08 - 08:57 am
It's not the cost of gas for

It's not the cost of gas for mowers that keep folks in south Augusta from mowing their lawns and keeping up their property - it's laziness! What the lady that keeps up her place should do is move. It will only get worse.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 06/01/08 - 09:01 am
We don't need no stinking

We don't need no stinking goats!

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 06/01/08 - 09:07 am
Just drinking coffee and

Just drinking coffee and reading the paper. It's nice outside. Winds blowing, temps not too high yet. Happy Sunday

The Madame
The Madame 06/01/08 - 09:09 am
I have 40 Boar goats (the

I have 40 Boar goats (the really large variety) for $75ea, put in your orders now

PTHS2
PTHS2 06/01/08 - 09:17 am
nwr - 1 young one that isn't

nwr - 1 young one that isn't too tough and is suitable for grilling please.

bone
bone 06/01/08 - 09:20 am
these cool breezes scare me,

these cool breezes scare me, l4putt: does it mean that global COOLING might be happening?

Tizzy87
Tizzy87 06/01/08 - 09:28 am
Man, why can't I ever be at

Man, why can't I ever be at these restaurants when somebody else is paying? Seems like everytime I turn around somebody is thanking somebody for picking up their check!!!!