Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

A HUGE RAVE to Doctors Hospital. To all the nursing staff, doctors on 5West that took care of the lady so well in Room 511. And you know who I'm speaking of. God bless all of you.

THE BIG FUSS about Jeremiah Wright? Much ado about very little except that it served the conservatives and gives ammunition to those not ready for a black or a woman to be president.

I DO BELIEVE our country is in a recession. I made my monthly trip to the grocery store. One of them. I got my basics that I get every month, that comes to between $90 and $100. This month they came to $140. So that tells you that we have got to be in a recession.

THE CREDIT CARD companies are responsible for a lot of the rises in gas prices. They need to be checked out thoroughly.

THIS IS A RANT for the tax assessor's office. I think we need to get some competent people in there running it. My value increased $40,000, and I get a statement yesterday and it's gone up another over $5,000 for this year. Something is definitely wrong. I've not done anything to my house or property. No improvements. This is wrong.

PRICES ARE GOING UP on food, gas, electricity and everything else. Do you really think they're ever going to come down? You know anything that goes up never comes down in price.

AFTER HAVING TO WATCH that beautiful brave horse die during the Kentucky Derby and then wake up Sunday morning and have some sleazeball editor put it on the front page just to sell newspapers is despicable. The Augusta Chronicle turns me off. You're a despicable bunch of people to do something like that. I'm going to cancel my subscription.

HUGE RAVE to Kmart pharmacists in North Augusta, Dr. Shivery and his assistant Ms. Phillis. The two are always very pleasant, polite and efficient.

NEone
NEone 05/22/08 - 03:52 am
Look up the definition of

Look up the definition of recession. An increased grocery bill is not one of the indicators. Sorry for the additional expense, but it's not a valid argument. Morning, all!

saintlover
saintlover 05/22/08 - 04:14 am
Morning... I hated that horse

Morning... I hated that horse picture on the front page myself.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 05/22/08 - 04:31 am
The Jeremiah Wright whine was

The Jeremiah Wright whine was made by someone that doesn't seem to realize that words have meaning. This country is definitely ready for a woman or black person to be president, just not this woman or this black person. Race and gender alone aren't qualification enough for president. If either of these candidates were constitutionalists with honorable backgrounds, instead of marxists with ultra liberal leanings, they would be closer to being acceptable candidates for this country. Many European countries would welcome their approach, but Americans see them as destroying the very things that made this country great.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 05/22/08 - 04:33 am
Well said NEone. We are so

Well said NEone. We are so often an easily misled country.

rbk
rbk 05/22/08 - 05:03 am
You hit the nail on the head,

You hit the nail on the head, patriciathomas, it couldn't have been said better! I also might add that reverse discrimination is just as bad as any other discrimination, and two wrongs don't make a right.

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 05/22/08 - 05:13 am
You mean like affirmative

You mean like affirmative action? Give a job to someone based on their color because at one time jobs went to someone else because of their color? This "I've gotta make it right by you," society that we live in is just sickening. Give a person a job based on his merit...gee what an original idea.

DeborahElliott2
DeborahElliott2 05/22/08 - 05:44 am
You said it wyldsfam4! Wow,

You said it wyldsfam4! Wow, a few more people are just now realizing prices are going up and not coming down! I wonder if they passed their eight grade math scores or were just pushed through the system! If you think AC was bad placing a picture of that horse on front page, you should have seen the video played on tv where they had to put the horse down on the track cause they could not even move her. I cried when seeing that! I have to laugh at the ranter whose house property increased another $5000! You would think that another $5000 in increased value would make a person happy, but must not since he has more taxes to pay. As for Mr. Wright...He is NO minister of God's! A friend of Obama is NO friend of mine and you can take that to the voting machine come time to vote!

tjtrouble
tjtrouble 05/22/08 - 05:53 am
apparently now simply by

apparently now simply by being a conservative, you are against blacks and women. Give us a decent candidate, and i dont care what color or sex they are, i would vote for them.

Martinez
Martinez 05/22/08 - 05:55 am
Ironically, the JW issue

Ironically, the JW issue represents everything that is right with this country. We are free to have our own ideas and freely speak of them. That doesn't mean that someone on the conservative right won't thump a bible in your face when you do it but it sure beats being hung or shot as might happen in some middle eastern countries. I personally wouldn't be so quick to insult the liberal or marxists leanings though as you put it. As you point out, many European counties would welcome it. Maybe you haven't traveled much or aren't as familiar with the interworkings of some of those European countries but there are many great things being done in Europe that this country could learn from too. My point being, there is no superior idealogy, religion or even country - it's all a matter of personal opinion. What seperates us is the harsh divide between conservative and liberals and our absolute freedom to disagree with each other over it.

edwarra
edwarra 05/22/08 - 05:57 am
if hilary becomes president I

if hilary becomes president I am moving to Mexico

DoubleD
DoubleD 05/22/08 - 06:22 am
I'm in the Army, so if McCain

I'm in the Army, so if McCain wins I'm going to Iraq.

1941
1941 05/22/08 - 06:36 am
What happens if mc Cain win

What happens if mc Cain win and LIBERMAN is his vice president? Will you move to Iseral?

pantherluvcik
pantherluvcik 05/22/08 - 06:39 am
That was a good one Double D.

That was a good one Double D. I think these comments represent what is wrong with our country. Obviously this so called experience you associate with Mccain and others isn't serving our country well right now or in the past few years.I think the country needs a change, we need a fresh set of eyes and a President open to diversity in the WHITE HOUSE. These affirmative action rants are complete BS, there are plenty of qualified blacks in the world and I think you are an insult to reasonable adults. When Obama does become President I hope all of you do move to another country, then he would have already made huge strides in improving this country. Take your racist attitudes to another country, less of you to stand in the way of change.....

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 05/22/08 - 06:42 am
I'm an optimist, so if

I'm an optimist, so if Hilliary or Obama wins...I may shoot myself.

lady_alessandra
lady_alessandra 05/22/08 - 06:42 am
I consider myself

I consider myself conservative, and I don't like ANY of the candidates. I'm a female, but I'm not voting for Hillary just because she's a woman. That's stupid. At this point, I think I'll probably be sitting at home in November and not casting a ballot at all. Is there a lesser of all the evils? If none of them stand for what I believe in and believe to be important, how can I, in good conscience, cast a ballot for any of them?

DoubleD
DoubleD 05/22/08 - 06:44 am
Thanks panther. I do

Thanks panther. I do however,feel like affirmative action is the real insult to the hard working qualified black. It gives reason for others to assume that person wasn't the best qualified, and was a beneficiary of affirmative action.

pofwe
pofwe 05/22/08 - 06:47 am
I've always lived in a

I've always lived in a personal financial state of "recession or depression," thats how us Po' folk roll. I'm as happy as if I had good sense. ;-)

Inkjet
Inkjet 05/22/08 - 06:47 am
To the recession ranter, take

To the recession ranter, take heart help is on the way, minimum wage goes up .70 to $6.55 an hour in July of this year!

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 05/22/08 - 06:51 am
That's true Double D because

That's true Double D because that's what it means. pantherluvcik, your comment that there are plenty of qualified black people for president is true and not in dispute. It's just that BO isn't one of them and his Marxist agenda will cause most people to not vote for him.

charliebrown
charliebrown 05/22/08 - 06:53 am
Good Luck to all of you

Good Luck to all of you living in other countries! We'll see come November, unless of course the elections are fixed again!

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 05/22/08 - 06:53 am
just wondering...there are

just wondering...there are different ways of making your vote meaningful. I believe that in a two party system one must align himself with the party that stands for those things that most resemble your core beliefs. I'm not suggesting that you blindly follow that party at all costs. If indeed that party moves away from your beliefs you should change your vote. Evaluate the parties, not just the canidates. I'm a big Bull Dawg fan. They don't loose my support just because they have a loosing season. But I am vocal an do try to find the problem and implement change.

NicoleKelly
NicoleKelly 05/22/08 - 06:53 am
Well get to packing because

Well get to packing because Obama for 08!!!!!!Its time for a change....

dani
dani 05/22/08 - 06:56 am
panther..I am a conservative

panther..I am a conservative but I like the statement made by Michelle Obama that one of the changes her "elitist" husband will make is "he will REQUIRE that you work". No more sitting on your duff with Obama. He made it and so can the rest of us. This ought to go over well with those waiting for an increase in "benefits".

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 05/22/08 - 07:03 am
dani...I have found that

dani...I have found that people tend to be who they are. Duff sitters will be duff sitters. Give them a job and guess what. Most likely they will be fired or never promoted bceause they sit on their duffs. My theory is proven here. Watch who always runs to the conversation when race comes up. It's the same people every time. They point the finger at each other yet spew their own hateful racist remarks every time. So...racists tend to be racists.

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 05/22/08 - 07:09 am
Know that song DIRTY Laundry,

Know that song DIRTY Laundry, by Don Henley? That's the nature of the beast. "We all know that crap is king." Goodmorning.

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 05/22/08 - 07:11 am
Mornin' Angie!

Mornin' Angie!

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 05/22/08 - 07:13 am
LOL 14putt @ your 6;42.

LOL 14putt @ your 6;42.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 05/22/08 - 07:14 am
Morning Angie & Fire...yall

Morning Angie & Fire...yall look as cute as a basket of speckled puppies this morning

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 05/22/08 - 07:15 am
Well good morning fire. How

Well good morning fire. How RU?

Itll be alright