Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

I'M SENDING A BIG RAVE for the wall coming down at the Peach Orchard Road post office location!

ROUSING RAVE for Ms. Linda and staff at Vineyards Preschool. The church decided to discontinue the preschool just recently. The service and love these women have endowed to mothers and children in the last decade cannot be applauded enough.

YES TO MORE HEALTHY recipes! Could Karin Calloway please consider them, especially in light of how so many people nowadays have diabetes, high blood pressure and other conditions where they must cut out sugars, salt and fats?

RE: THE RANT about doing away with the buses: Haven't you read the article where the buses have increased in riders due to the rising gas prices? If more people would ride buses, we can save more monies from using them on fuel for individual cars. Or to at least encourage car pooling as well. Think, people, think!

A RANT FOR THE PEOPLE who travel Morningside Drive in Country Club Hills who think it is a "drag strip." Please remember cars are entering from driveways with children and senior adults in them. I pray this rant will help, since the road sign posted a year ago hasn't.

YEP, THESE BUSINESSES contradict themselves. KFC playing Sweet Home Alabama , and the local doctor's office playing Shop Around !

A RAVE for a retired warden who's still tough enough to establish control over a problem prison at the behest of the GDOC commissioner, but who's sensitive enough to care in his home for a 92-year-old maternal aunt with Alzheimer's disease.

I DON'T SEE ANYTHING wrong with having four days of school to save money. Kids go to school for an education, not to give parents a break.

OBAMA SAYS he might hold back against going full out against Iran should they attack Israel. Why would Obama refuse to go all out against them?

RON SPRY, PAINE ATHLETIC DIRECTOR, should be ousted. All he cares about is his basketball team.

wootchieone
wootchieone 05/15/08 - 05:18 am
The buses are the new

The buses are the new "oughtomobiles" People ought to ride them to save on gas.

Maybe we should suspend student parking at the schools and let the students ride school buses...but wait! There are not enough buses and they have not budgeted for the rising gas costs.

NEone
NEone 05/15/08 - 06:01 am
And what do the students who

And what do the students who stay after school for athletic or music practices do to get home? The schools don't provide transportation for them. Ride the bus if you can; don't be critical of the ones who legitimately can't.

Martinez
Martinez 05/15/08 - 06:02 am
I believe the bus comment was

I believe the bus comment was about city buses not school buses.

pantherluvcik
pantherluvcik 05/15/08 - 06:20 am
I think America should stop

I think America should stop putting our nose where it does NOT belong. Other countries need to handle their own problems, we have problems of our own that are not getting solved. Obama has the right idea, everyone should stop looking to the US for backup. Fight your own d@mn wars.

PTHS2
PTHS2 05/15/08 - 06:35 am
panther - As long as we are

panther - As long as we are dependent on foreign oil and imports of reasonably priced consumer goods (due to the greed and corruption of the US labor unions) I don't believe that is a reasonable solution. I know, you probably saw it on the Obama web site so it must be true.

shivas
shivas 05/15/08 - 06:55 am
Good morning all you fine

Good morning all you fine christian Augusta blog posters. It was so fun yesterday reading how all ya'll support depicting black people as bannana eating monkeys on tee-shirts, and then claiming your high christian values. Oh yeah, I bet Jesus would get him one of those tee-shirts if he was here. You know, God didn't real create black people, now did he. This is the enlightenment of the Augusta right-wing!!! Keep on Truckin' ya'll.

PTHS2
PTHS2 05/15/08 - 06:57 am
shivas - Can you get me one?

shivas - Can you get me one?

shivas
shivas 05/15/08 - 07:02 am
Sure, and your children as

Sure, and your children as well!!! I'm sure that will be one of the proudest moments of their lives; walking around with mom and dad with tee-shirts depicting black people as monkeys. Maybe ya'll can have that as a special prayer day at church!

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 05/15/08 - 07:04 am
Wake up Angie!

Wake up Angie!

BCG
BCG 05/15/08 - 07:05 am
Pantherlucvik..To those much

Pantherlucvik..To those much is given much is expected. Stand up and be proud to live in the great country we have been given by the blood, sweat and tears of those before us. If you don't like it here then go somewhere that represents what you value. Attitude is everything and choosing to have a good one as well as being there for those who need you IS what makes this country great. I and those like me are tired of bad mouthing what is good and giving passes to what should be stood up to and held accountable.

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 05/15/08 - 07:06 am
Up late Eyes?

Up late Eyes?

LadyCisback
LadyCisback 05/15/08 - 07:08 am
You people lost me!!!

You people lost me!!!

shivas
shivas 05/15/08 - 07:08 am
That's right pantherluvcik,

That's right pantherluvcik, be proud and wear an Obama Curious George tee-shirt. Make your children proud!

PTHS2
PTHS2 05/15/08 - 07:17 am
I already have the George

I already have the George Bush - Curious George t-shirt. I am merely trying to complete a collection.

426Hemi
426Hemi 05/15/08 - 07:17 am
ob is one of them!

ob is one of them!

BCG
BCG 05/15/08 - 07:18 am
Shivas.. that statement is

Shivas.. that statement is wrong as the one pantherluvicik presented and not what was meant by stand up for what is right,and be happy here or go where you can be. No one should wear a t-shirt that insults someone else. Even if I don't agree with the Obama political agenda he is a respectful American who is voicing his right to free speech and to be a part of our system that makes us free. I am proud of my faith in my Lord and that does not included bad taste images that a few misguided put out there to represent the Christians who know the true meaning of the United States.

426Hemi
426Hemi 05/15/08 - 07:19 am
Hey, whatever happened with

Hey, whatever happened with the Michael Vick bobblehead? I need one to complete my "Booby of Bobbleheads"

shivas
shivas 05/15/08 - 07:20 am
BCG, there are too many

BCG, there are too many "christians" who know only a political meaning.

mahem1920
mahem1920 05/15/08 - 07:26 am
Are they not, Shivas---could

Are they not, Shivas---could have fooled me!

freespeech
freespeech 05/15/08 - 07:27 am
Just for the sake of

Just for the sake of argument.... Does the t-shirt depict Obama as a monkey? Or does it say even monkeys would vote for him? Or, I'm CURIOUS about Obama? It means different things for different folks, and blacks take offense at everything.

BCG
BCG 05/15/08 - 07:27 am
Yes Shivas that is true but

Yes Shivas that is true but as it is wrong to judge someone by the color of the skin or the sex of the body, it is also wrong to group all Christians in that box. Have you heard the saying beauty is as beauty does well I personally believe that is true in the examples set for others as well. Just a thought maybe if more of us stood up for what is the right choice for our country instead of complaining then we might get somewhere for all of us.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 05/15/08 - 07:29 am
The Obama as Curious George

The Obama as Curious George is a natural. Look at the two side by side. It's not about race(Omama's only plank) it's about physical resemblance. The American people are already tired of the race card and Obama hasn't even won the nomination yet.

DeborahElliott2
DeborahElliott2 05/15/08 - 07:32 am
Shivas, surely you don't mean

Shivas, surely you don't mean "ALL" christians....I am one, but don't exactly share the same views as ANY of the presidential candidates we now have to pick from (which must be the way bottom of the barrel).

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 05/15/08 - 07:37 am
I'm up fire. with an

I'm up fire. with an enormous headache.:( Gonna go have some coffee and shake it off. and go look at my self in the mirror and say "self, it was you that picked up that bottle of wine, poured it in your glass, put the glass up to your lips, you are looking at the problem." :)

PTHS2
PTHS2 05/15/08 - 07:40 am
Okay - getting out the spicey

Okay - getting out the spicey V-8, celery seeds, texas pete, worstershire sauce, salt and something else to mix in to fix angie.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 05/15/08 - 07:41 am
Shivas, google President Bush

Shivas, google President Bush as a monkey and see how many hits you get. It's something over 350,000. This type of comparison has been going on for 8 years. How many complaints have you heard about it? Think race card.

Jillian
Jillian 05/15/08 - 07:46 am
It's too early for such

It's too early for such thoughts to be considered. Hope everyone enjoys this beautiful day!

christian134
christian134 05/15/08 - 07:46 am
Shivas again with the

Shivas again with the tee-shirts...good grief...

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 05/15/08 - 07:53 am
Angie, red or white?

Angie, red or white?

christian134
christian134 05/15/08 - 08:05 am
Gave up on the booze years

Gave up on the booze years ago Angie....The headaches and hugging the porcelain throne one to many times is not something I want to experience ever again...Uggh have enough problems with the aging process nowaday....:-) But as for right now Angie the ole' saying "have a little something from the hair of the dog that bit you"...helps those fearful headaches as well as a whole bottle of asprin.....