Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

I THINK IT'S RIDICULOUS how long it's taking to do the repair work on Bungalow Road off of Richmond Hill Road.

DAVID MARK HILL "might" be executed soon for three awful murders. His attorney, David Miller, has helped delay justice for 11 years -- so far. How can that lawyer sleep?

HOW GREAT IS IT when our commander in chief tries to blame Congress for not doing enough to fix the terrible economy he created? What a country!

IF REP. BEN HARBIN had an ounce of humility, shame or remorse, he would have already resigned his office.

NOW THE RICHMOND school board might cut school to four days a week. Alas, some schools are so pitiful, maybe kids will learn more in less school days.

GILBERT MANOR residents who have lived on somebody else's dime for 67 years are "unhappy" with their choice of having to move to another freebie? Moving may be a hassle, but when you're living for free in a socialist state, you don't say you're unhappy. You say thanks to the productive people who keep you from having to work.

A BIG RAVE FOR Dr. John Bradley and the ASU Conservatory Jazz Band for an outstanding concert at the Maxwell Theatre.

SEVERAL PEOPLE WILL run against Rep. John Barrow in the next election. Remember, always vote out any incumbent. Even if, by a long shot, there exists in this world a decent politician, that person must go, too, since they're so hard to spot. Generally, we have not gone right by ever letting somebody hold office more than one term; so we might go righter by ousting everybody every election.

THE NEWS SAYS: "Federal, state and local governments are hiring new workers at the fastest pace in six years, helping offset job losses in the private sector." Our "leaders" are now certifiably insane. That's the opposite of what's required. In fact, if government hiring more was the answer, then we should all go to work for the government and nobody work anywhere else, e.g., growing food or building things.

joesimpson
joesimpson 05/13/08 - 02:54 am
Amen to the Gilbert Manor

Amen to the Gilbert Manor comment. While I have no problem helping those in need, at what point do we say enough. Teach these people a job skill so that they can get back on thier feet. If they are disabled I have no problem with my tax dollars assisting them but there are still trades that they can learn. At least they could help so that our tax dollars could be used for other things. Maybe like supporting the veterans that were lied to for giving their country 20 years of service? Just my opinion.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 05/13/08 - 04:17 am
I don't feel Rep. Harbin's

I don't feel Rep. Harbin's DUI was reason to resign, but his refusal to obey the law needs a serious look from his constituents.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 05/13/08 - 04:23 am
One of the primary goals of

One of the primary goals of the socialist/marxist is to make all jobs effectively "government jobs" so the populace will be as dependent on the government as possible. That's why this system ALWAYS fails. The seduction of "security without responsibility" stills garners votes from the uninformed and misinformed. The dumbing down of America continues.

wootchieone
wootchieone 05/13/08 - 04:30 am
Abe Lincoln said "You cannot

Abe Lincoln said "You cannot build character and courage by taking away a person's initiative and independence."

"You cannot help a person permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves".

But these days, that attitude does not buy votes.

mahem1920
mahem1920 05/13/08 - 04:41 am
"How great is it", what a

"How great is it", what a dumb azz. Another liberal blaming the pres for the state of the ecomomy. Boy, some people need to learn how the govn't works.

pantherluvcik
pantherluvcik 05/13/08 - 05:39 am
I think a DUI is a perfect

I think a DUI is a perfect reason to resign, he broke the law. In the process of breaking the law he put other lives at risk, who wants that kind of representation besides patriciathomas? He sets the worst example for the younger generation, right skin tone, money and knowing the right people gets you off. What a waste of space.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 05/13/08 - 05:51 am
It's always about skin tone,

It's always about skin tone, isn't it pantherluvcik? I'll bet you're a big Charles Walker supporter.

dani
dani 05/13/08 - 05:53 am
I think the question would be

I think the question would be "is he a good representative". If so, then think about the man and not just politics.

shivas
shivas 05/13/08 - 06:01 am
Actually, patriciathomas is

Actually, patriciathomas is being hard on Harbin and she she's the real rub with this incident. Say something mean and ugly patriciathomas to start my day off nice.

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 05/13/08 - 06:02 am
ouch panther.

ouch panther.

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 05/13/08 - 06:04 am
ouch shivas.

ouch shivas.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 05/13/08 - 06:06 am
shivas, notice how compatible

shivas, notice how compatible your comments have become to angies? You should be proud. Great minds....?

shivas
shivas 05/13/08 - 06:10 am
I was complimenting you. It

I was complimenting you. It should have read "she knows" instead of "she she's" . You understnd the real issue is the manipulating the system to keep his license....... Oh, nevermind.

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 05/13/08 - 06:10 am
Gooooood morning. Sunshine

Gooooood morning. Sunshine and lollipops and rainbows every where. (Sung to the tune of, I'm not sure). But my mom used to sang it to me in the morning. hee hee. **
U

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 05/13/08 - 06:13 am
shivas, notice how compatible

shivas, notice how compatible your comments are to angie's? (you said "say something mean and ugly")

LadyCisback
LadyCisback 05/13/08 - 06:14 am
I agree with the Gilbert

I agree with the Gilbert Manor comment.. I am tired of working and having support not only my family but somebody's else as well that are lazy, good for nothing human beings!!!

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 05/13/08 - 06:16 am
Let's see. Let's try this.

Let's see. Let's try this. *J*
__

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 05/13/08 - 06:19 am
The mouth is in the wrong

The mouth is in the wrong place dammit.

NotaDem
NotaDem 05/13/08 - 06:20 am
Harbin's failure to resign

Harbin's failure to resign after he embarrassed himself and his home county with the handling of his DUI is indicative of his lack of character. If he can't do the right thing and get out, then the voters need to help him by throwing him out at the next election.

shivas
shivas 05/13/08 - 06:21 am
Density is a quality for

Density is a quality for which I have no equal.

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 05/13/08 - 06:31 am
fire. I hope you are having

fire. I hope you are having a better day:)

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 05/13/08 - 06:31 am
Good morning Kathysue

Good morning Kathysue

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 05/13/08 - 06:33 am
PTHS. I want me some of

PTHS. I want me some of those on-yuns. OK?

426Hemi
426Hemi 05/13/08 - 06:38 am
Lawyers sleep just fine-on a

Lawyers sleep just fine-on a cushion of crisp, new, aromatic currency called "Dollars."

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 05/13/08 - 06:40 am
For pete sakes folks. Harbin

For pete sakes folks. Harbin screwed up big time. I don't think it is call to resign. He needs to get what's coming to him. But resign? nah. He could use this negative experience to something positive. Pull that plank out of your own eye.

PTHS2
PTHS2 05/13/08 - 06:41 am
angie - OK! I'm about to

angie - OK! I'm about to sautee some up with fresh 'shrooms then put an egg in the pan to pretend it's an omelette.

426Hemi
426Hemi 05/13/08 - 06:42 am
Right color?

Right color? RRrrriiiigggggghhhhhhhtttttt...You a dumb blonde, black B?

PTHS2
PTHS2 05/13/08 - 06:56 am
A thought for the day: E.B.

A thought for the day: E.B. White wrote, "The trouble with the profit system has always been that it was highly unprofitable to most people."

The Kingfish
The Kingfish 05/13/08 - 06:58 am
It's about color but not

It's about color but not black or white but Green!

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 05/13/08 - 07:05 am
Angie, its a much better day

Angie, its a much better day today! Hope yours is to!

Christmas Eve rains to dry up

If Wednesday seemed particularly wet and dreary, you would be right. The day broke the record for the wettest Christmas Eve that Augusta has ever had.