Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

ABOUT THE TORNADOS WE recently had around Aiken and Allendale: It troubles me that people say they owned the house but they didn't have the insurance, and they expect FEMA and my money actually to build them a new home. They made a choice, not a good one, but they made a choice.

I HEARD TALK ABOUT doing away with bus service all together. I say keep them running and use the small compact buses for those (routes) that have the least passengers.

I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM with Mercy Ministries over here in Harrisburg and I understand that it is a day shelter, but if it's a day shelter why is it that when they're supposed to be closed for the night that some of the people who they are helping are still hanging out?

RAVE TO DR. BROUN, our congressman. I like the way they speak to me when I call his office. I have been in touch with them and their representatives have been very nice to me.

WHAT A RIPOFF! The American public is not only experiencing high gas prices but each fill-up gets less mileage due to ethanol added to the gas. Look what it says on the pump.

THE NEW CURBS at the side of the First Baptist Church in North Augusta are absurd. They stick out in the road. They would be very unsafe especially at night or a stranger driving on that road. They should be redone.

WHEN AND HOW WAS James Brown made a doctor? Something just doesn't seem right.

I KNOW THAT AS A CHRISTIAN I am not supposed to hate anybody, but I can tell you that I come very, very close when it comes to Jimmy Carter.

A RANT TO THE PEOPLE squawking about Mercy Ministries being in Harrisburg and blaming them for the way the community has turned out. We were already like this before Mercy Ministries moved out here so stop complaining about it.

A RAVE FOR BRIAN HUFFMAN, our Chronicle carrier, who has rearranged his route so that we receive our paper before our daily morning route.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 05/08/08 - 05:05 am
I've experienced a 20% drop

I've experienced a 20% drop in mileage with the ethonal blend. That makes the gas VERY expensive for me.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 05/08/08 - 05:10 am
Don't hate Jimmy Carter, pity

Don't hate Jimmy Carter, pity him . He actually feels you are incapable of making decisions and caring for yourself. He truly believes the government can run your life better then you. He is positive his way of thinking is better then yours. The man is as delusional as our three current presidential candidates.

christian134
christian134 05/08/08 - 06:21 am
Good morning all....Amen to

Good morning all....Amen to both comments patriciathomas...To the ranter who doesn't care for the comments concerning the Mercy Ministries....Get out there and start monitering their activities as well as the people who sit around all day long on their porches waiting to do business with the people who parade down the streets looking for a drug connection or a quick sexual encounter....The established people of the community would like their streets returned to a place of safety...a place like it was in long past days..a good place to raise a family...

areyoukidding
areyoukidding 05/08/08 - 06:33 am
Don't hate PT, pity her. She

Don't hate PT, pity her. She actually feels you are incapable of making decisions and caring for yourself. She truly believes the she can run your life better then you. She is positive her way of thinking is better then yours. She is delusional.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 05/08/08 - 06:42 am

Thank you areyoukidding, imitation is the highest form of flattery. (and it saves you from having to think)

George Dodgens Dad
George Dodgens Dad 05/08/08 - 07:00 am
Jimmy Carter is certainly all

Jimmy Carter is certainly all the things you say, but you are indeed as bad as he if you think that John McCain is in any way similar to him.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 05/08/08 - 07:10 am
similar? only in that he too

similar? only in that he too is delusional. Campaign finance reform, immigration

john
john 05/08/08 - 07:14 am
I heard today that Jimmy on

I heard today that Jimmy on Larry King last night said Florida and Michigan disqualified themselves from seating their delagates. Thats the first thing in a while from him that I agree with.

tjtrouble
tjtrouble 05/08/08 - 07:20 am
Every now and then Jimmy gets

Every now and then Jimmy gets it right, but then again, even a broken clock is right twice a day.........

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 05/08/08 - 07:29 am
LOL areyoukidding. Pt. I

LOL areyoukidding. Pt. I don't think you would call THAT "imitation" flattery, when it is DIRECTED at you(PT). It is only flattery when something NICE is said. I think areyoukidding was thinking quite sharply when he posted that.:) They hit the nail on the head. Hey, you and Jimmy have something in common. Who would have figured.

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 05/08/08 - 07:33 am
Ya'll leave poor Jimma,

Ya'll leave poor Jimma, alone. I'm sure he wouldn't be able to sleep nights if he knew what you peons thought of him.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 05/08/08 - 07:36 am
Thank you angie, once again.

Thank you angie, once again. I'm always ecstatic when you disagree with me.(sorry for the confusion)

i.b.e.w..electric
i.b.e.w..electric 05/08/08 - 07:36 am
why the hell is everyone

why the hell is everyone picking on jimmy ,he is the only one that has the balls to sit down with these terroist bastards and find out exactly what the hell their problem is.one things for sure ,throwing bullets at them is not working.

PTHS2
PTHS2 05/08/08 - 07:43 am
electric - You are a sterling

electric - You are a sterling example of a Sen Obama supporter. Please keep posting.

mayhem2020
mayhem2020 05/08/08 - 07:43 am
You are right ibew,

You are right ibew, "THROWING" bullets AT them isn't working. Works better if the bullets are THROWN INTO them!

i.b.e.w..electric
i.b.e.w..electric 05/08/08 - 07:50 am
well pths,your a sterling

well pths,your a sterling example of a bush [filtered word].

mommie2
mommie2 05/08/08 - 07:57 am
Why is everyone so down on

Why is everyone so down on Jimmy Carter? He seems to be the only person willing to try to make a difference instead of just talking about it. He's a Nobel Peace Prize winner. Granted he may not have been the best president we ever had, but he is the best ex-president. Give him some respect.

MAGGIE1
MAGGIE1 05/08/08 - 07:58 am
I totally agree with the "RIP

I totally agree with the "RIP OFF" at the gasoline pumps. I actually kept my mileage after filling my tank. I got 69 gallons per 1/4 tank compared to 93 before Ethanol was added. Also watch you cost. I pumped $2 of gas for my mower at $3.25 per gallon. When I went to pay, I was told it was $2.62. The gallons register differently inside the store.

owensjef
owensjef 05/08/08 - 08:00 am
They refuse to blame Bush, so

They refuse to blame Bush, so they blame Clinton and Carter for everything.

dani
dani 05/08/08 - 08:16 am
Oaky. I'm game. Quote ibew:

Oaky. I'm game. Quote ibew: "he is the only one that has the balls to sit down with these terroist bastards and find out exactly what the hell their problem is." So what did he find out. What is their problem?. Has he told anyone what was said? Are we there yet?

PTHS2
PTHS2 05/08/08 - 08:17 am
mpd - If that really happened

mpd - If that really happened - you should file a report with Mr Oxendine's office. That is illegal.

justthefacts
20414
justthefacts 05/08/08 - 08:19 am
owen, do you blame for

owen, do you blame for Clinton/cater for anything or Bush for everything? Glass houses...you know.

dani
dani 05/08/08 - 08:20 am
mpd..Which station.? We can

mpd..Which station.? We can boycott them.

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 05/08/08 - 08:22 am
Your welcome PT. Any time

Your welcome PT. Any time chick a dee.

tjtrouble
tjtrouble 05/08/08 - 08:23 am
The probelm that the

The probelm that the terrorists have is the fact that we as a country exist and we do not live our lives muslims, so all we have to do is for the country to convert to muslim and we will no longer have to worry about them attacking us.

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 05/08/08 - 08:27 am
Laugh Out LOUD my [filtered word] OFF

Laugh Out LOUD my [filtered word] OFF i.b.e.w.electric. That was a "sterling" comment to PTHS.

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 05/08/08 - 08:27 am
But I still get 35 MPG!

But I still get 35 MPG!

PTHS2
PTHS2 05/08/08 - 08:27 am
tjt - Are you part of Sen

tjt - Are you part of Sen Obama's cam-pain staff? ;-)

PTHS2
PTHS2 05/08/08 - 08:29 am
angie - I was very impressed

angie - I was very impressed that it had proper spelling and grammar!

EdithPiaf
EdithPiaf 05/08/08 - 08:30 am
Wow you guys start the day

Wow you guys start the day with a fight? Where's the love? Take a minute to love somebody. Make a phone call just to say "I love you grandpa or Aunt Lily" or who ever. Take a break from the hate!

Man reports McCormick attack

A South Carolina man told police three men attempted to sexually assault him and then shot at him while he was bicycling in McCormick County late Saturday.