Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE explain to me how this very un-American ex-president, Jimmy Carter, ever got in the White House?

I'D LIKE TO SEE Tiger Woods just once have a pleasant look or smile on his face when he wasn't winning.

RANT TO FOX 54 making us miss the start of a race because of an idiotic baseball game.

A RANT for the Rants & Raves.

RANT TO Channel 12 news. When the Masters is in town, y'all forget about the local news in town. I see Channel 6 always has it every day, and y'all just seem to focus on Masters only.

I KNOW WHAT a turn signal is, so there's hope. Now there are two of us.

RANT TO THE THIEVES who robbed the poor man in south Augusta. You got the money, why didn't you leave instead of shooting five rounds at a 65-year-old man?

THANK YOU , Augusta Chronicle , for publishing the Masters in 3D on April 10. I enjoyed it very much.

THE 2008 MASTERS has to be the most boring tournament I have ever seen.

MY RANT IS ABOUT waiters and waitresses and the way they complain about not getting enough tips, but at the end of the day, or the week, they made more than the cooks, but the cooks don't get any kind of thank you.

EVERY DAY I RECEIVE a letter or a recorded phone message from Congressman Paul Broun. Some weeks both. Could Paul be forcing the taxpayers to fund a reelection campaign?

TO THE PERSON WHO steals my newspaper on Lafayette Drive, you are also stealing from a hardworking paper carrier who is supporting his family and must make a second trip to my house. He is a good man. What kind of person are you?

TO THE DISGRUNTLED Green Meadows resident, I know how you feel. I also felt ashamed of the entrance way of my neighborhood so I did something about it, I got and picked up the trash and threw it away.

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 04/27/08 - 05:00 am
What kind of man are you to

What kind of man are you to make your paper carrier go BACK OUT TO YOUR HOUSE. Get off your bum and go to the 76 gas station and buy one.

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 04/27/08 - 05:03 am
Aww..Tiger is ALWAYS beating

Aww..Tiger is ALWAYS beating on his high chair about something. He's a whiny BIT--.

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 04/27/08 - 05:12 am

Thank you mr/mrs line cook for that exceptionally good prime rib you prepared for me to order. THANK YOU, thank ya vera much.

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 04/27/08 - 05:20 am
Now, it's back to bed for me.

Now, it's back to bed for me. Later gators.

PoliticallyNcorrect
PoliticallyNcorrect 04/27/08 - 05:24 am
WILL SOMEONE PLEASE ....This

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE ....This just an urban legend..you know ( it's not about winning, it's how you play the game...or giving it your best ! Bull...It is about winning & always has been & always will be. That's why he does not look happy. A Champion does not accept defeat ! But I agree, he does not have to have a Mad look on his face. I've been in customer relations all my life & to succeed in everyday life your face must hide bad emotions & ALways look pleasant! But this can not be taught, you either have it or NOT.

Coach Lover
Coach Lover 04/27/08 - 05:52 am
Why are you complaining? It

Why are you complaining? It is not often that Tiger is not winning!

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/27/08 - 05:58 am
Christos Aniste! - Happy

Christos Aniste! - Happy Easter! Yassou!

jeffbert
jeffbert 04/27/08 - 07:07 am
Jimmy Carter became president

Jimmy Carter became president the same way GW Bush did; he was elected. Jimmy Carter has done nothing wrong with his recent visit to meet with middle east leaders and Hamas. This current administration places anyone it does not agree with on a terrorist group list. The fact of the matter is that much of the middle east hates us because of the predjudicial support we provide to Israel. Why do we support Israel in such a blind way? Because our country clings onto an antequated notion that they are "God's people". This is socio-religious. We are ALL God's children...not just Israel. If we would stay out of Israel and the middle east and mind our own starving, homeless, uninsured, under-educated, bigoted, homophobic, economically challenged masses then we wouldn't even be in the eternal war and our economy wouldn't be in the crapper.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/27/08 - 07:10 am
You are right jeffbert we

You are right jeffbert we would just implode!

Interested Citizen
Interested Citizen 04/27/08 - 07:15 am
AMEN jeffbert!!!! Well said.

AMEN jeffbert!!!! Well said.

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/27/08 - 07:18 am
Since I'm speaking Greek this

Since I'm speaking Greek this morning - Tosos melakias! But G'mornin to you CBBP, did you go back and look at KSL's comments about bawling nuts yesterday?

sliique
sliique 04/27/08 - 07:20 am
RANT for the Chronicle. As

RANT for the Chronicle. As usual, the Chronicle will NOT print my Rant for them! YOU, Chronicle, own The North Augusta Today tabloid/rag. PLEASE induce them to STOP littering people's driveways and properties with that sad publication, EVERY WEEK!

You people at the Chronicle that read these submissions: Whats the matter, is this too sensitive a Rant to publish?

karmakills123
karmakills123 04/27/08 - 07:24 am
Well this is one of Gods

Well this is one of Gods children that says ...thanks for the rain Amen !!!!!

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 04/27/08 - 07:26 am
Yes President Carter was an

Yes President Carter was an incompetent buffoon while in office that had no support from his party in congress and since he's been out of office he's been a very competent buffoon....if buffoonery is what he is trying for. But the way he got in office was by being elected. Being a democratic republic doesn't mean America will always choose a good president, it just means the voters get to replace a bad president. Nobody's figured out how to make him go away though.

jeffbert
jeffbert 04/27/08 - 07:27 am
Sliique, SC has strict

Sliique, SC has strict littering laws. Have you contacted the paper directly and asked that the paper not be thrown on your lawn? If so, call the police and file a report or threaten the paper with calling the police. This works in most cases.

namaste
namaste 04/27/08 - 07:29 am
You don't want phone calls

You don't want phone calls from whomever...get your number on the do not call list! Jeez the number of times this has been in the R&R's. I've never once gotten any calls from ANY of them. The number to call to get on it is: 888.382.1222

Republicant
Republicant 04/27/08 - 07:38 am
Dude, say whatever you want,

Dude, say whatever you want, but please under no circumstances try to compare lame-[filtered word] nascar to the national past-time. Baseball is far superior. I love a fast car as much as the next red-blooded american man, but MLB vs NASCAR? Give me a Rays- Royals game over the NEXTEL cup any day.

No_Longer_Amazed
No_Longer_Amazed 04/27/08 - 07:48 am
namasta: The Do-Not-Call

namasta: The Do-Not-Call registry DOES NOT prevent ALL unwanted calls. It does not cover calls from organizations with which you have established a business relationship; calls for which you have given prior written permission; calls which are not commercial or do not include unsolicited advertisements; or calls by or on behalf of tax-exempt non-profit organizations.

pointstoponder
pointstoponder 04/27/08 - 07:49 am
Carter was elected because

Carter was elected because the nation had a Nixon-Ford hangover.

pointstoponder
pointstoponder 04/27/08 - 07:50 am
Jeffbert, whatis Hamas'

Jeffbert, whatis Hamas' position on Homosexuals?

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/27/08 - 07:56 am
points - On top. (AKA -

points - On top. (AKA - Pitcher)

jeffbert
jeffbert 04/27/08 - 08:25 am
Hamas' position on

Hamas' position on homosexuality is the same as Islam and Christians in general....intolerance and in many instances death or imprisonment. However, you cannot enlighten and change the actions or opinions of those with which you have no dialog. Nice try. When human beings stop trying to use the proxy power of their deities to enslave others to their way of thinking then we will ALL benefit from the resulting compassion.

jeffbert
jeffbert 04/27/08 - 08:26 am
Ps...baseball used to be my

Ps...baseball used to be my choice as well but I don't think Nascar drivers use steroids to enhance their performance.

digmick
digmick 04/27/08 - 08:59 am
Jeffbert, actually Jimmy

Jeffbert, actually Jimmy Carter didn't get into office like George Bush. Jimmy Cater actually had more people vote for him than his opponent. This statement can't be said about GW's first election.

debby
debby 04/27/08 - 09:06 am
Speaking of baseball, well,

Speaking of baseball, well, sort of....the pretzels at the Greenjackets stadium are the worst I have ever had! I thought the pretzels at the Lynx games were bad until I had one at three different Greenjackets games recently. Do not, I repeat, do not, purchase a pretzel at a Greenjackets game, unless you want a hard, dry, tough, totally tasteless treat.

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 04/27/08 - 09:26 am
He doesn't HAVE to go AWAY

He doesn't HAVE to go AWAY patricia, any more than any other idiot walking this planet whom we don't agree with or particularly like. GET IT?

deekster
deekster 04/27/08 - 09:39 am
Jimmuh Cottah was greatly

Jimmuh Cottah was greatly influenced by a "mixed race socialist commune" that was created in Georgia. Seems it was a "post depression" experiment. Hence his views that "govenment socialism" is akin to "religious zeal" and therefoe the savior of mankind. His Southern Baptist roots were ovecome with lust in his heart for a woman with "rubberbands stretching her face".

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/27/08 - 09:41 am
deekster - LMAO! Wonderful!

deekster - LMAO! Wonderful!

sneaky pete
sneaky pete 04/27/08 - 09:48 am
Um ... Republicant---It's the

Um ... Republicant---It's the Sprint Cup series now. But I don't expect any dimmy to know anything. Now go curl up with the latest publication from Lefties "r" Us.

uptheseventhplanet
uptheseventhplanet 04/27/08 - 09:52 am
Angie 1961--When I pay the

Angie 1961--When I pay the newspaper company to deliver a newspaper I expect to get a newspaper. If I don't, or if part of the paper is missing, I do not hesitate to call to get another paper delivered. Why should I pay for two papers?

Commission plays 'Let's Make A Deal'

Political rumors are running wild in Augusta just like goats at city detention ponds. For example, here are e-mails that have been making the rounds.