Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

BIG STORY ABOUT "Funding hinges on legislative clout.'' How sad that even in state government, nothing is done because it's absolutely constitutional and necessary. Rather, things get done because of "clout."

JIMMY CARTER'S EGO continues to threaten the U.S. and Israel. What an arrogant dope!

WAY TO GO COLTS! Augusta should be proud to have another winning team!

WHY IS THAT Augustans are always the crazy drivers during the Masters?

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF Paul Broun records or listens to the responses roared into the phone each time some unsuspecting constituent picks another of his continual aggravating recorded messages?

TO THE RANTER on Ted Turner giving money to the church to fight malaria: Do pray for Ted, but please also pray for yourself. Apparently Ted knows more about Scripture than you do, friend. Jesus clearly tells us that our job as a church is to feed the hungry, heal the sick, comfort the afflicted, and more!

THE ONE THING I have noticed about The Chronicle format change is less news and more advertisements.

BILL KIRBY SAYS Bill Wood gives this fact: "There are ... 4,998 types of snakes in Georgia." He omits the fact that all but 4,995 of those are politicians.

A RANT FOR THE "ELDERLY PEOPLE WRITING CHECKS" Are you kidding? I'd rather wait on someone writing a check, than wait on someone with five screaming kids using a "quick" food stamps credit card! Get over yourself and wait! You will be old one day too!

I READ THE ARTICLE on Harrisburg and I am thankful we have people like Butch Palmer, who is trying to clean up our neighborhood. And Betty Beard not taking the petition seriously. If the ministeries were still in the the Laney Walker and they were having these problems, her name would have been the first on the petition. She was put in office to help all of her district, not just the Laney Walker area.

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 04/25/08 - 08:54 pm
Try this on: my oldest is a

Try this on: my oldest is a UGA grad Go Georgia Bulldogs.....my youngest goes to UTK Good ole rocky top!

RollingEyes
RollingEyes 04/25/08 - 08:55 pm
I foresee some interesting

I foresee some interesting bets coming up this season.

RollTide
RollTide 04/25/08 - 08:55 pm
fire, you have issues. LOL.

fire, you have issues. LOL. You have to know how BAMA feels about Fulmer! I won't hold it against you.

swolf612000
swolf612000 04/25/08 - 08:56 pm
Every year since high school,

Every year since high school, my brother and his buds convene in Augusta to play an annual football game. Maybe we should do that with the R&Rs - everyone show up in your team colors!

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 04/25/08 - 08:56 pm
I betcha my alma mater does

I betcha my alma mater does not make it to the Rose Bowl!

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/25/08 - 08:56 pm
Tide - I just checked my face

Tide - I just checked my face paint inventory. I have Blue, Black (for Lynx), Gator Blue and Gator Orange (you can guess). I still have some Budweiser Red from NASCAR last year, I don't need that anymore. I can't find any rust brown old blood colored kinda red stuff......

RollTide
RollTide 04/25/08 - 08:58 pm
We'll see bud. LMAO.

We'll see bud. LMAO.

RollingEyes
RollingEyes 04/25/08 - 08:59 pm
swolf, Anyone who doesn't

swolf, Anyone who doesn't show up wearing colors will be decorated by RT in his favorite colors!

RollTide
RollTide 04/25/08 - 08:59 pm
good night all.

good night all.

RollingEyes
RollingEyes 04/25/08 - 09:00 pm
'Night RT

'Night RT

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 04/25/08 - 09:01 pm
OK when you go to Sanford,

OK when you go to Sanford, red and black is red and black. When you go to Neyland, there are about 4,501 different orange colors! Phat Phil should have been gone 4 years ago!

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 04/25/08 - 09:05 pm
Nuff of this crap, I filled

Nuff of this crap, I filled my VW with $50 worth of gas today! I will get 450 miles out of it but come on...$50 for a full tank of gas for a GTI!

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/25/08 - 09:06 pm
Fire - I won't wear that

Fire - I won't wear that shade of orange that Clemsux and Vuls (sic) wear.

RollingEyes
RollingEyes 04/25/08 - 09:07 pm
Well, . . . today its $50.

Well, . . . today its $50. Next fill up it'll be $60

RollingEyes
RollingEyes 04/25/08 - 09:09 pm
My young-un has finished

My young-un has finished snorkeling in the tub and is now soaking the house. Good night for real this time fellers.

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 04/25/08 - 09:10 pm
So you dont wear orange at

So you dont wear orange at all! There were so many shades of orange at Heyland that one could not pick out the true UT orange color!

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 04/25/08 - 09:12 pm
Eyes, I am actually thinking

Eyes, I am actually thinking about bringing my bicycle here. I am only 10 miles from fake sugar. I would only have to get up 30 minutes earlier!And lose some body proturbences!

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 04/25/08 - 09:14 pm
Later all y'all

Later all y'all

Rose
Rose 04/25/08 - 09:29 pm
PTHS about your 7:07 comment.

PTHS about your 7:07 comment. Please explain.I know you meant to be sarcastic and hateful. I can be that right back at you if you push me.

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/25/08 - 09:43 pm
Rose - The intended audience

Rose - The intended audience understood it. Maybe I was talking about another Rose.

Rose
Rose 04/25/08 - 10:42 pm
PTHS Ok I will accept that.

PTHS Ok I will accept that.

swolf612000
swolf612000 04/25/08 - 10:43 pm
Is everyone all gone again?

Is everyone all gone again?

Rose
Rose 04/25/08 - 10:44 pm
But I doubt you were talking

But I doubt you were talking about another rose. You always have to be so hateful.good night

sneaky pete
sneaky pete 04/25/08 - 10:49 pm
I am aiming for a better

I am aiming for a better place.

swolf612000
swolf612000 04/25/08 - 10:58 pm
I'm aiming for one too, pete.

I'm aiming for one too, pete.

Lucy123
Lucy123 04/25/08 - 11:17 pm
I have a comment about all

I have a comment about all the negative Southern Baptist comments. I am a Southern Baptist and I have been all my life. I tithe when I can, but I can rarely afford to give money to my church. I have NEVER been asked to give or to give more. I do, however, contribute a lot of time to my church instead of money. There are many in my church who contribute nothing (no money, no time). They would NEVER be denied membership or asked to give or do more, nor would the color of their skin matter to anyone. In fact, as an almost entirely white church, we actively pursue potential members of other races and rejoice together when they attend our services. We have members who can barely make ends meet (and only manage to do so BECAUSE of help from our church) and we have members who can (and do, on occasion) support the entire church budget with one check. If you are down on churches, you just need to find the right one, if you are so inclined, there are good ones out there who will love you no matter what.

my2sense
my2sense 04/26/08 - 12:32 am
Wise, I am sorry to hear

Wise, I am sorry to hear about what happened with your dog. I think its really sad. Its lousy that u cant do anything about it. My kids and I were just looking at an ad for Molly's this evening and were thinking about going to check out some dogs but there is no way that I can go there after your experience. Thanks for sharing. Be blessed and have a good nite, people.

KSL
KSL 04/26/08 - 02:10 am
Wise, I too am sorry to hear

Wise, I too am sorry to hear what happened. But I would like more information. Like how soon was your dog adopted after he was lost? Did he have a microchip that is available to help dogs and cats to be returned to their owners? Our vet has worked to get that available throughout the CSRA. The chip is so small it is injected via a hypodermic needle and the information about the ownership of the pet is on a nation wide data base. All animal rescue and control units should have scanners to check for the microchips so that lost animals can be reunited with their owners. Last I knew, the cost was about 25 dollars for the chip injection. Also his rabies tag should have given them information. Was he not wearing a collar with his tag?