Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

BIG STORY ABOUT "Funding hinges on legislative clout.'' How sad that even in state government, nothing is done because it's absolutely constitutional and necessary. Rather, things get done because of "clout."

JIMMY CARTER'S EGO continues to threaten the U.S. and Israel. What an arrogant dope!

WAY TO GO COLTS! Augusta should be proud to have another winning team!

WHY IS THAT Augustans are always the crazy drivers during the Masters?

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF Paul Broun records or listens to the responses roared into the phone each time some unsuspecting constituent picks another of his continual aggravating recorded messages?

TO THE RANTER on Ted Turner giving money to the church to fight malaria: Do pray for Ted, but please also pray for yourself. Apparently Ted knows more about Scripture than you do, friend. Jesus clearly tells us that our job as a church is to feed the hungry, heal the sick, comfort the afflicted, and more!

THE ONE THING I have noticed about The Chronicle format change is less news and more advertisements.

BILL KIRBY SAYS Bill Wood gives this fact: "There are ... 4,998 types of snakes in Georgia." He omits the fact that all but 4,995 of those are politicians.

A RANT FOR THE "ELDERLY PEOPLE WRITING CHECKS" Are you kidding? I'd rather wait on someone writing a check, than wait on someone with five screaming kids using a "quick" food stamps credit card! Get over yourself and wait! You will be old one day too!

I READ THE ARTICLE on Harrisburg and I am thankful we have people like Butch Palmer, who is trying to clean up our neighborhood. And Betty Beard not taking the petition seriously. If the ministeries were still in the the Laney Walker and they were having these problems, her name would have been the first on the petition. She was put in office to help all of her district, not just the Laney Walker area.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 04/25/08 - 01:36 pm
That Harmon that just got

That Harmon that just got arrested for burglaries on the Hill lives between the Hill section and Wheeler Road, on Royal Street. I recognized it because it's near Hazel Street, another trouble spot. I imagine the good neighbors are having fits over the troublemakers. My empathy.

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 04/25/08 - 01:39 pm
Eyes, I stand corrected.

Eyes, I stand corrected. There kids were miss understood. That is why after the third time the Sherriff said "He's responsible for his actions now". But the sherrif lost the reelction anyway. 3 times. Same with the commisioner. After 2 times, she did not run for reappointment. So I am glad that I am not famous/important or think that I am, because my boys haevnt (at least they say so) and have pledge not to do "bad" things ever.

swolf612000
swolf612000 04/25/08 - 01:41 pm
The thing that gets me DD -

The thing that gets me DD - the drill sgts that get into trouble here. Just since I've been in Cola (6 years), I've seen at least 8 torch their careers. Baroness, I understand completely, I just wanted you to know why I'm so flippant about that stuff. Like I said, the naked football game is more fun. I'll bring the beer.

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 04/25/08 - 01:41 pm
Quick, duck befroe the spell

Quick, duck befroe the spell check polive hit - havent.

RollingEyes
RollingEyes 04/25/08 - 01:49 pm
Fire, quick! Get that pledge

Fire, quick! Get that pledge in writing! That way you'll have ammo for later on when they do something over the top. How old are your boys?

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 04/25/08 - 01:51 pm
21, 24 (almost)

21, 24 (almost)

RollingEyes
RollingEyes 04/25/08 - 01:54 pm
I've a 9 almost 10 year old

I've a 9 almost 10 year old and an 18 year old. Girls.

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 04/25/08 - 01:55 pm
So you started late also!

So you started late also!

DoubleD
DoubleD 04/25/08 - 01:55 pm
Swolf, the dumb thing about

Swolf, the dumb thing about my Battles(Drill Sergeants) is that they told us in DS School exactly what will get you fried, and they do the exact same things. There needs to be a better selection process for DS because there are some real sorry ones out there that have no business being in front of Soldiers. Usually we can police up our own though. I want to go back and do it again now that I've thought about it.

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 04/25/08 - 01:57 pm
I'll be back!

I'll be back!

RollingEyes
RollingEyes 04/25/08 - 01:57 pm
Yes Fire, I was nearing 30

Yes Fire, I was nearing 30 when I had my first and nearing 40 for my second. Sometimes I think that I was far too young to have kids, other times I KNOW it!

DoubleD
DoubleD 04/25/08 - 01:58 pm
Greenjacket, the worst thing

Greenjacket, the worst thing about the military is that if you take any controlled substance its a felony on your record. If you take a friend's codeine (hydrocodone) you will have a felony for that. Send your problem children to us, we will get them where they need to be faster (to jail). I always tell them that they need to look at this as their last chance and to reap the positive benefits from being here. Also, the military punishments for drugs, sex crimes, and abuse is much more strict than the civilian court system.

PastorPaul
PastorPaul 04/25/08 - 02:00 pm
When I look at a church that

When I look at a church that costs millions and is huge I wonder if if they are there for God or for the money. It seems to me they are using God as a smoke screen just to get thier hands on the money. We don't have a church building all we have is a bible and our bikes. We are lucky just to get a tank of gas every now and then. Our ministry is not about money but about God. I wonder how many preachers would give up thier big churches to ride with us. I wouln't try to guess but I would not be surprised if you could count thier number on one hand.

DoubleD
DoubleD 04/25/08 - 02:01 pm
mable8, I provided some more

mable8, I provided some more info in response to the foodstamp reply on the Income thread.

DoubleD
DoubleD 04/25/08 - 02:02 pm
swolf, your military? On Ft

swolf, your military? On Ft Gordon?

DoubleD
DoubleD 04/25/08 - 02:05 pm
PastorPaul, when do you do

PastorPaul, when do you do your events?

RollingEyes
RollingEyes 04/25/08 - 02:10 pm
You're definitely unique

You're definitely unique Pastor Paul. Its refreshing to know that there are still some ministers out there who preach for faith and not because it is a job. Have you heard of the 'Holy Rollers' the motorcycle club that's made up of ministers? I get a kick out of their name.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 04/25/08 - 02:13 pm
swolf sounds like fun...LOL.

swolf sounds like fun...LOL.

jack
jack 04/25/08 - 02:13 pm
greenjacket- I am a member

greenjacket- I am a member of a Baptist church have never heard anything but forgiveness from our pulpit. The Bible clearly says that homosexuality is an "abomination" (Gen 18:20-21), but I have yet to hear a sermon on the subject. We address sin in general as we all are, Same for forgiveness.

jack
jack 04/25/08 - 02:15 pm
Double-D, name a (or any)

Double-D, name a (or any) church that requiress an allotment to be a member. BTW, Religion IS a booming business. Just ask Jremiah Wright how he earned tha 1.5M Iin an evil white subdivision) house and 10M line of credit with his church.

DoubleD
DoubleD 04/25/08 - 02:16 pm
Too many people go to those

Too many people go to those churches as a status symbol. I watched a biker on home makeover extreme. He was a biker and had a torn down rec. room for children. He had a small home and his wife basically ran a soup kitchen from her home. Do you think they cared if those people could afford to worship? Do you think they put a dollar sign on the word of God? It is about giving and sacrificing to help others. Not to have big cars, houses, fancy clothes etc... I will never go to FOCLC! I always have to question what type of person someone is as soon as I find out they are a member, just like if someone was a member or REV Wright's church.

PastorPaul
PastorPaul 04/25/08 - 02:17 pm
Below is our mission

Below is our mission statement Order of the Cross Motorcycle Ministries Our Mission: To bring the word of Christ to those who ride the roads and highways of our country on 2, 3, or 4 wheels. How we will do this: By following Jesus’ Commandment “to love one another” By taking the word on the road to where the bikers go. By setting the example. By rendering aid and service to those in need regardless of faith or affiliation. By making all feel welcome at the Lord’s Table. For it is said in Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. For more information please call: Pastor Paul Knox 706-832-3510 Bishop Hugh Tarcai 706-951-9531

We will have a table set up at the Rocky Creek Spring fest at Augusta Tech on Saturday.

DoubleD
DoubleD 04/25/08 - 02:19 pm
Jack, read Greenjacket's 2:23

Jack, read Greenjacket's 2:23 post. Just stick around an not give, find out how much they love to have you there. One time I was at a Baptist church and they said everyone hold up you money, now face the center isle. Now we were all standing face to face to see who and how much they gave. I was only there because I was invited. At that time I walked to the door. They said, "you can't leave until after the donations" I told that big heffer to get the heck out of my way!

swolf612000
swolf612000 04/25/08 - 02:21 pm
No DD - my boyfriend is, and

No DD - my boyfriend is, and he spent 3 years as a DS here at Ft Jackson. And he complained about the same thing - they tell you in school what'll get you in trouble, and the dumb[filtered word]es do it anyway.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 04/25/08 - 02:24 pm
Gosh, the way you were

Gosh, the way you were talking earlier swolf, for a moment I thought you lived in my old neighborhood! Columbia area is having the same problems we are apparently.

swolf612000
swolf612000 04/25/08 - 02:27 pm
Oh baroness, Columbia has all

Oh baroness, Columbia has all those problems and more! Just check www.wltx.com or www.wistv.com to see what we deal with. Oh, and on wltx you can scroll past the bottom of the story and click to go to the "comments". That's where you learn just what kind of bottom-feeders some people are! I'm currently trying to decide where I want to go next - has to be a balance between my job (good pay/bennies) and my daughter (has to be a good area/schools). I just haven't figured out which direction to head in yet.

DoubleD
DoubleD 04/25/08 - 02:37 pm
I always said, after going to

I always said, after going to DS School in Columbia, that Augusta ain't got ____on Columbia. That place is fabulous.

tellmehow
tellmehow 04/25/08 - 02:41 pm
Wise...if all you did was

Wise...if all you did was call about your dog then they don't know what you look like. Go down in person as if you are looking to adopt and see if he is still there. How much do they charge to adopt? If you really want your dog and he is still there, adopt him. And word of advice, next time you have a dog pay the extra money to have him chipped.

Dan White 04/25/08 - 02:46 pm
jack - good for you and your

jack - good for you and your church. You never know who is in the congregation. Suppose a preacher rants against abortion and in the middle of the congregation is a young woman who had an abortion. Immediately, she will feel disfranchised. I can promise you that she alread feels guilt over the abortion. What she needs to hear is the grace, mercy, and forgiveness of Christ. Amen!

rakkassan
rakkassan 04/25/08 - 02:47 pm
DoubleD.. I thought about

DoubleD.. I thought about you today. My mom and sister are down visiting and I told them about how you are from up home also. I'm a bad son, have not seen her in over 4 years. Travel all over the US but can't seem to make it home.

Daniel Field removes trees, lights structures in airspace

Daniel Field, managed by operations company Augusta Aviation, has spent more than $30,000 conducting land surveys, removing 30 trees and installing red blinking lights on top of the Newman Tennis ...