Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

BIG STORY ABOUT "Funding hinges on legislative clout.'' How sad that even in state government, nothing is done because it's absolutely constitutional and necessary. Rather, things get done because of "clout."

JIMMY CARTER'S EGO continues to threaten the U.S. and Israel. What an arrogant dope!

WAY TO GO COLTS! Augusta should be proud to have another winning team!

WHY IS THAT Augustans are always the crazy drivers during the Masters?

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF Paul Broun records or listens to the responses roared into the phone each time some unsuspecting constituent picks another of his continual aggravating recorded messages?

TO THE RANTER on Ted Turner giving money to the church to fight malaria: Do pray for Ted, but please also pray for yourself. Apparently Ted knows more about Scripture than you do, friend. Jesus clearly tells us that our job as a church is to feed the hungry, heal the sick, comfort the afflicted, and more!

THE ONE THING I have noticed about The Chronicle format change is less news and more advertisements.

BILL KIRBY SAYS Bill Wood gives this fact: "There are ... 4,998 types of snakes in Georgia." He omits the fact that all but 4,995 of those are politicians.

A RANT FOR THE "ELDERLY PEOPLE WRITING CHECKS" Are you kidding? I'd rather wait on someone writing a check, than wait on someone with five screaming kids using a "quick" food stamps credit card! Get over yourself and wait! You will be old one day too!

I READ THE ARTICLE on Harrisburg and I am thankful we have people like Butch Palmer, who is trying to clean up our neighborhood. And Betty Beard not taking the petition seriously. If the ministeries were still in the the Laney Walker and they were having these problems, her name would have been the first on the petition. She was put in office to help all of her district, not just the Laney Walker area.

Dan White 04/25/08 - 12:55 pm
Mable, you are exactly right.

Mable, you are exactly right. God has named no particular church s being the only avenue to his world, but He did chose Christ as the only avenue. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life, and no man sees the Father except by me." Jesus is not a way. He is the way. If you don't accept the uniqueness of Christ, then any old religion will sadly and unfortunately fill His place. The way is narrow to salvation. The path to destruction is broad. Another thing, Jesus established the church. The true church is to be bound together by love of Christ, love of one another, and service and witness in the name of Christ. Sadly, the focus of many churches has become to perpetuate the institution instead of to perpetuate the kingdom of God through a love relationship with God, the Son, and win others to the kingdom through that love.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 04/25/08 - 12:55 pm
Is PTHS a woman? I never

Is PTHS a woman? I never thought to ask PTHS, even after finding out you weren't one (Double D).

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/25/08 - 12:56 pm
A judge with a misfit son is

A judge with a misfit son is what this is all about, baroness? Who cares? I certainly don't.

Dan White 04/25/08 - 12:57 pm
King - man shall not eat by

King - man shall not eat by bread alone. We need food for our spiritual side as well.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 04/25/08 - 12:58 pm
I hate the ambiguity of the

I hate the ambiguity of the boundaries in the southern Richmond county area, even the people that live there and the mailmen have trouble figuring out what part of Tobacco Road is Augusta and what part is Hephzibah. KingCroat I live in the southern part of Augusta Richmond County, and I am far from dead.

DoubleD
DoubleD 04/25/08 - 12:59 pm
KC, what we need is a gun

KC, what we need is a gun store, a liquor store, and a gun store. How about this; why don't we build a gas station somewhere on tobacco rd between Gate 5 and the Airport? At least on the East Side of the street. Every darn station is on the west side of Tobacco Rd.

DoubleD
DoubleD 04/25/08 - 01:01 pm
Did you ever wonder about why

Did you ever wonder about why so many foreigners own buisinesses all over the AUG and the U.S.? Not because they are rich. It's because they're not concerned with having big rims, designer clothes and accessories, etc.

KingCroat
KingCroat 04/25/08 - 01:04 pm
Tobacco rd up towards the

Tobacco rd up towards the airport is a long void. Make a left and you'll soon smell the aroma of yesterdays lunch. Who started the rumor that a Super Target was to come there?

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 04/25/08 - 01:04 pm
What if that son was living

What if that son was living in YOUR neighborhood and his and his "friends'" alleged activities affected your family, your friends, your neighbors, your community, PTHS? Would you care then?

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 04/25/08 - 01:06 pm
No April, I do not have a

No April, I do not have a police scanner. The only person I knew in my old neighborhood who had a police scanner died a few years ago. And I only learned of it after she died.

KingCroat
KingCroat 04/25/08 - 01:07 pm
Every gas station, motel,

Every gas station, motel, subway sandwitches, dinkin in her donuts and more is owned by foreigners north of North Carolina.

Every single one.-

imdstuf
imdstuf 04/25/08 - 01:07 pm
Who is the say the prophites

Who is the say the prophites that supposedly heard the word of God and wrote the bible were no more prophits than Jospeh Smith who founded the Mormons or L. Ron Hubbard who founded the Church of Scientology, etc? How do we know any of them were truthful and not just trying to gain attention and/or power? People fear being mortal. They fear dying. How do we know religion has not been handed down generation after generation as a way to stop the fear of death and the thought that life ends?

imdstuf
imdstuf 04/25/08 - 01:07 pm
Who is the say the prophites

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 04/25/08 - 01:07 pm
Oh, and I'm not overly

Oh, and I'm not overly concerned, nor scared. I am appropriately concerned and vigilant.

KingCroat
KingCroat 04/25/08 - 01:10 pm
Beware the word of god from a

Beware the word of god from a man's or women's mouth. God speaks to me in his tone and he tells me to beware the one's who call them selves faithful.

Beware the atm machine in your churches lobby.

shivas
shivas 04/25/08 - 01:11 pm
Mable8, you are so true. The

Mable8, you are so true. The Bible has been changed numerous times by men, translated for their political purpose. God judges men by what is in their hearts. Very true Mable, very true. It is those who cry rightousness such as Christian134 that has much to lose, but she can remain in our prayers.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 04/25/08 - 01:11 pm
KingCroat, When my family and

KingCroat, When my family and I traveled around the continent by car almost a decade ago, nearly every hotel, motel, convenience store we stopped at had a plaque on the wall that had the last name Shah or Patel, even a Holiday Inn in Amarillo Texas, near the Mustang Museum. Had the harshest, scratchiest towels I ever used. LOL Those names must be like Smith and Jones in their country of origin. I even asked Mr. Patel in Texas about it, he said, yes, we are not all related, they are just two very common names there.

AGR354
AGR354 04/25/08 - 01:13 pm
faith

faith

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 04/25/08 - 01:15 pm
LOL. I liked that King

LOL. I liked that King Croat: "Beware the atm machine in your churches lobby." I am very uncomfortable when they set up tables to sell things in the church "lobby". I can't help but think of Jesus tossing the tables and throwing the tax collectors out. Just doesn't seem right. They could sell those items in the church hall or outside.

swolf612000
swolf612000 04/25/08 - 01:15 pm
I'd rather watch the naked

I'd rather watch the naked football game at Tide's house with PTHS and DD than worry about the druggie son. I'm more worried about the gang activity across the road and the sex offender in my neighborhood.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 04/25/08 - 01:15 pm
April Huh?

April Huh?

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 04/25/08 - 01:21 pm
swolf, the gang activity is

swolf, the gang activity is associated with drug activity. They work hand in hand. We are not talking about a druggie, we are talking about alleged drug TRAFFICKING. Traffickers use young gang members for moles, small transactions, look outs, and put them up to misdemeanor offenses to intimidate the law abiders that live around them. And drug abusers are more likely to commit sex offenses because their inhibitions are lowered. They do not behave normally. A drug trafficker usually has a very large support group or network of youngsters to help him, because he is usually an adult and will get a more serious charge than a juvenile would.

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/25/08 - 01:21 pm
baroness - I am challenging

baroness - I am challenging you to give us ONE example of how the judge's son has directly affected you in ANY way.

DoubleD
DoubleD 04/25/08 - 01:23 pm
If you all want to know I'm

If you all want to know I'm on Barton Drive off highway 56. Just to give you a perspective on where I'm at. I have recently became active in the neighborhood watch. I have plans on leaving within a year. Swolf612000, before we go to hell we do have to get a beer sometime.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 04/25/08 - 01:24 pm
April, I'm a very small

April, I'm a very small minority even among minorities, maybe that's why I'm not getting your point. My "huh" was that I don't understand your statement, "I wasn't going to go there but you started it." Did I overlook a post? Who started what?

Dan White 04/25/08 - 01:28 pm
Amen to that baroness. Is

Amen to that baroness. Is the day (God forbid) when instead of passing the collection plate to worship God through our tithes and offerings that they are going to pass around a portable ATM machine. Geeze! I guess if I did ever have to use one of those things out in a church lobby, I would take the receipt and put it in the offering plate as an act of worship instead as act of paying a bill to the church!

swolf612000
swolf612000 04/25/08 - 01:28 pm
LOL DD - you're on! Okay

LOL DD - you're on! Okay everyone, now that we're getting our stimulus payments early, is anyone going to do anything stimulating with it?

christian134
christian134 04/25/08 - 01:28 pm
Hey back at you shivas....:-)

Hey back at you shivas....:-) Now Now let's try being nice....As far as self-righteous goes no I am righteous though when I speak the Bible for that is truth....I myself am a born again, blood washed believer in Jesus Christ(not said in anyway but humbly because I am perhaps the worst of sinners and undeserving of salvation but because of Jesus' shed blood on the cross and through God's grace and infinite mercies I am saved) and am bound for heaven...That doesn't make me arrogrant just speaking the truth....If you are Christian and in church ask your preacher shivas....That being said I have stated before religion will not get into heaven, it will not save your soul only a belief and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ will accomplish that....

Dan White 04/25/08 - 01:30 pm
baroness - I have heard that

baroness - I have heard that Patel means hotel in their language and that is the business this family is associated with through their history. I guess it's kind of like Smith in English or Cooper (a maker of barrels).

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 04/25/08 - 01:31 pm
I had heard that, too

I had heard that, too greenjacket, do you think it's really true? If so, that's a nice tidbit of info.