Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

BIG STORY ABOUT "Funding hinges on legislative clout.'' How sad that even in state government, nothing is done because it's absolutely constitutional and necessary. Rather, things get done because of "clout."

JIMMY CARTER'S EGO continues to threaten the U.S. and Israel. What an arrogant dope!

WAY TO GO COLTS! Augusta should be proud to have another winning team!

WHY IS THAT Augustans are always the crazy drivers during the Masters?

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF Paul Broun records or listens to the responses roared into the phone each time some unsuspecting constituent picks another of his continual aggravating recorded messages?

TO THE RANTER on Ted Turner giving money to the church to fight malaria: Do pray for Ted, but please also pray for yourself. Apparently Ted knows more about Scripture than you do, friend. Jesus clearly tells us that our job as a church is to feed the hungry, heal the sick, comfort the afflicted, and more!

THE ONE THING I have noticed about The Chronicle format change is less news and more advertisements.

BILL KIRBY SAYS Bill Wood gives this fact: "There are ... 4,998 types of snakes in Georgia." He omits the fact that all but 4,995 of those are politicians.

A RANT FOR THE "ELDERLY PEOPLE WRITING CHECKS" Are you kidding? I'd rather wait on someone writing a check, than wait on someone with five screaming kids using a "quick" food stamps credit card! Get over yourself and wait! You will be old one day too!

I READ THE ARTICLE on Harrisburg and I am thankful we have people like Butch Palmer, who is trying to clean up our neighborhood. And Betty Beard not taking the petition seriously. If the ministeries were still in the the Laney Walker and they were having these problems, her name would have been the first on the petition. She was put in office to help all of her district, not just the Laney Walker area.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 04/25/08 - 11:07 am
Good Lord! Scroll to the top

Good Lord! Scroll to the top of the page. Arrest in murder-for-hire plot.

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 04/25/08 - 11:08 am
Have the ever found L. Ron

Have the ever found L. Ron Hubbard or Jimmy Hoffa?

mable8
mable8 04/25/08 - 11:12 am
AGR354: Too much of the

AGR354: Too much of the Bible has been changed by MEN to say it is entirely "inspired" by God. A little research on your part will tell you that. Furthermore, more documentation has been found where the "good priests" of the day refused to allow anyone in the common population to read and discern for themselves what God truly inspired to be His Word. No where does God say women are subservient to men; He placed Adam and Eve on the same level ground, unifying the two as ONE--don't believe it? The re-read Genesis and the story of Creation. The Bible has been changed more than twice to satisfy the selfish needs of a few who wanted nothing more than to control people through total fear in order to obtain from the masses what those few wanted. God never defined "sin," but He does speak of transgressions (read the 10 Commandments, followed by the admonishment of unconditional love in the New Testament--man is not only to practice unconditional love, but to teach it). Sin is a concept developed by MEN and NOT GOD.

christian134
christian134 04/25/08 - 11:19 am
Sin is a concept developed my

Sin is a concept developed my men and not God.....Wow you just gave a whole new meaning to the word delusional.....My word mable sin is the reason why Christ came down and died on the cross and rose again on the third day in order that we, His creation, could receive eternal life. Christ defeated death hell and the grave....Sin will be wiped clean once Christ returns and return He will.....

shaddow27
shaddow27 04/25/08 - 11:19 am
This is a rant i am mad at

This is a rant i am mad at the Richmound country animal shelter i donated a pretty gray female tabby and they put her to sleep knowing she was caring kittens i don't think that was right for them to do that they didn't even try to find her a good home as that is why i donated her to the shelter and i even sent food with her.So do u want to tell me why u had to put her 2 sleep.Please post comments back.I want be donating any more of my animals to this shelter i will call someone else to come and get any stray animals from my house.

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/25/08 - 11:21 am
baroness - Is that story

baroness - Is that story juicy enough for the "crisis du jour" today? Also, I don't recall you ever telling us what the "big story" from yesterday was that the AC missed. (It was NOT me showing off my emperor's new clothes in Tide's front yard)

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 04/25/08 - 11:25 am
PTHS, If "the big story"

PTHS, If "the big story" isn't in the AC today, (which it isn't, or I just haven't found it) "I ain't tellin'" I'd like them to research it, run it and then we can comment on it. I can't believe every media represented in this town missed it except one. Has Tide gotten over yesterday's trauma in his front yard?

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 04/25/08 - 11:27 am
shaddow27, a lot of the stray

shaddow27, a lot of the stray cats have feline leukemia and are nearly impossible to adopt out. If they are not eligible for adoption they have to be put down.

swolf612000
swolf612000 04/25/08 - 11:35 am
Although, PTHS, that

Although, PTHS, that definitely would have been one of the more interesting stories!

swolf612000
swolf612000 04/25/08 - 11:36 am
Baroness, do we get to know

Baroness, do we get to know which media outlet covered it, so we can try to guess??

missquoted
missquoted 04/25/08 - 11:37 am
I live in North Augusta, and

I live in North Augusta, and I like having the North Augusta Today delivered every tues. Maybe it's just me, but I never get around to putting 2 quarters in the machine to pick up the Star Newspaper...even though I like that too...So I get a little tidbit of the goings-on around the city without having to spend anything. To me the whole thing is really positive, with the school updates, local profiles and awards and such for the kids around here... The only reason that I can think of that someone would complain about a free, positive paper is because they aren't noteworthy enough to ever appear in it...jealous maybe?

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/25/08 - 11:42 am
swolf - It just would have

swolf - It just would have created another entry in the "Were you spotted?" section for somebody to complain about. :-) G'Day to ya!

reddog
reddog 04/25/08 - 11:49 am
Have you ever wondered why

Have you ever wondered why the local news always finds someone with messed up teeth to interview on television? People get your mouth fix. Don't come out of your house without your dentures, and for Goodness sakes don't talk to the reporter if you have a mouth full of tobacco stained teeth.

swolf612000
swolf612000 04/25/08 - 11:53 am
G'day to you, too! I think

G'day to you, too! I think if they were going to post those pics in "Were you spotted", they'd have to make use of the fuzzy blobs. But the comments definitely would be fun!

mable8
mable8 04/25/08 - 11:55 am
Christian134: I am NOT

Christian134: I am NOT delusional, as you imply in your post. God spoke of TRANSGRESSION, man talks about sin. Far as I am concerned, much of the Bible provides an insightful view of history rather than the inspirational messages from God. If you desire to believe that every word in the Bible is a truth to behold, then that is your privilege. Man has tainted so much of what we are supposed to believe, I do not believe the Bible was inspired, but it does reflect man's description of life before and after Christ. Furthermore, if you are truly a Christian, then why are you slinging epithets at those who disagree with your perception of what is reality?

RollingEyes
RollingEyes 04/25/08 - 11:55 am
Shaddow, I'm sorry that you

Shaddow, I'm sorry that you didn't realize that when you "donated" a cat to a shelter that it would potentially be euthanized. Many animals are taken there by people who no longer wish to be inconvenienced by them any longer. The shelter doesn't choose to euthanize an animal because they're homely or pretty, (or pregnant) its just that they're there for a certain amount of time and if they aren't adopted then they are killed. They simply don't have the resources to keep a large number of animals indefinitely. Also, as Baroness said, the cat may have had a disease which made it necessary to put it down. There are other options to how to get rid of an animal. IWANTA and the newspaper have listing for animal placements. There are various local animal rescue organizations available to you. Perhaps next time you will explore your other options before electing to drop it off at a shelter?

AGR354
AGR354 04/25/08 - 11:59 am
Men wrote the Bible, but they

Men wrote the Bible, but they were inspired by God. Yes the original Greek version has been changed. Being Southern Baptist I understand your point about the Good Priest. But Sin is defined by God. The 10 Commandments were given to Moses. Jesus taught us to love sinners has he did, but a sin is still a sin. Forgiveness need only be asked for. But it is Hypocritical of a sinner to repeat the sin over and over again constantly asking for forgiveness from God.

christian134
christian134 04/25/08 - 12:09 pm
mable "The wages of sin is

mable "The wages of sin is death the gift of God is eternal life" try and understand it is not about me being right or wrong but that you are speaking of something that is very misleading to others....

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 04/25/08 - 12:13 pm
swolf Check out s_hudson's

swolf Check out s_hudson's recent topic on the Augusta chronicle forums. You should be able to figure out the media it came out on from that.

mable8
mable8 04/25/08 - 12:41 pm
Christian132: Who are you to

Christian132: Who are you to claim such righteousness? What I have said is a fact--and a multitude of research has proven this. Therefore, nothing I have said is misleading; it is only because you choose to place everything you believe in stems from the Bible and I do not. There is no true religion, per se, but God judges man on what is in the individual's heart and soul, not by words and deeds. Each individual is responsible for his/her own actions and nothing your church or you can do will alter that. The fact that I disagree with your belief set is my privilege, and it makes me no less a decent God-loving human than your religious practices do for you. Accept the fact that many people will not believe as you do; but they are going to see God and walk with Him just the same. After all, God never named a particular church as being the only avenue to His World.

Dan White 04/25/08 - 12:45 pm
Mable, what is mistranslated

Mable, what is mistranslated where the Bible says, "The Lord is my shepherd?" Or where Jesus said, "Love your fellow man as you love yourself, and love the Lord, thy God, with all thy heart, soul, and mind?" Seems pretty clear and straight forward to me. And sin, if you need a definition means in the original Greek, which language the New Testament was written in --- it means simply "to miss the mark." That is, to miss the mark of God's holiness and righteousness. That's why Jesus came into the world and died. He was and is God's holiness and righteousness for us because we miss the mark. Through Christ, we are forgiven and hit the mark of God's holiness and righteousness through Christ. Technically, it's called the substitutionary atonement of Christ for us.

KingCroat
KingCroat 04/25/08 - 12:46 pm
First, the less cats in the

First, the less cats in the world the better.

Second, the problem with churches today is that there is to much pressure to change for the times. I think this is mistake. The faith should be ridgid because this conveys truth. When you change things arround too often the religion looses creditability.

Third I love my people. Deal with it!!

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 04/25/08 - 12:47 pm
Does anyone know if there was

Does anyone know if there was a report of a car stolen on one of the Glenn Hills streets? Glenn Hills Drive or Glenn Hills Circle?

DoubleD
DoubleD 04/25/08 - 12:50 pm
I didn't know that there was

I didn't know that there was a forum? Gosh, I'm an idiot. So, is there a reason we shouldn't mention the names of certain people that get repeatedly busted for cocaine use?

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/25/08 - 12:50 pm
An invisible man married an

An invisible man married an invisible woman. Their kids were nothing to
look at either.

mommie2
mommie2 04/25/08 - 12:51 pm
Anyone on here watch "Wife

Anyone on here watch "Wife Swap"?? There was an episode where this really strict Christian woman was sent a house where I think they were athiest or into Wicca or something. But after she came back home, she flipped out on her family for having the other woman in there. She called herself the God Warrior. I think some people in r&r may be related to her!!!! Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NYPLU92Kgk

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 04/25/08 - 12:51 pm
Hi KingCroat. Define "my

Hi KingCroat. Define "my people", did I miss an earlier post? (Checking back now).

DoubleD
DoubleD 04/25/08 - 12:52 pm
PTHS, if you were a fat woman

PTHS, if you were a fat woman you'd have nothing to worry about, because you have a good sense of humor. I like a fat girl with jokes.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 04/25/08 - 12:53 pm
Apparently Double D. First

Apparently Double D. First bust on the record in '98 according to the other media, went to jail and got right back in trouble again.

KingCroat
KingCroat 04/25/08 - 12:54 pm
Wow South Augusta never fails

Wow South Augusta never fails to amaze me. They are building a new circle K on the corner of 56 and Tobacco RD. Aren't there
5 gas stations in that close area already. There are large parcels of land for sale on the highway there. I hope something good is done there. I hope some fool doesn't build a church there.

What a waste of property. What the residents near there really need is something like a new Walgreens or new supermarket to get Food Lion to hire employees who have their own teeth.

South Augusta = Land of the dead!!

Officers tell of trauma from taking life

Although every experience is different, officers who take a life often experience severe bouts of depression, alcoholism, marital problems, sleepless nights and feelings of being alone in the ...