Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

BIG STORY ABOUT "Funding hinges on legislative clout.'' How sad that even in state government, nothing is done because it's absolutely constitutional and necessary. Rather, things get done because of "clout."

JIMMY CARTER'S EGO continues to threaten the U.S. and Israel. What an arrogant dope!

WAY TO GO COLTS! Augusta should be proud to have another winning team!

WHY IS THAT Augustans are always the crazy drivers during the Masters?

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF Paul Broun records or listens to the responses roared into the phone each time some unsuspecting constituent picks another of his continual aggravating recorded messages?

TO THE RANTER on Ted Turner giving money to the church to fight malaria: Do pray for Ted, but please also pray for yourself. Apparently Ted knows more about Scripture than you do, friend. Jesus clearly tells us that our job as a church is to feed the hungry, heal the sick, comfort the afflicted, and more!

THE ONE THING I have noticed about The Chronicle format change is less news and more advertisements.

BILL KIRBY SAYS Bill Wood gives this fact: "There are ... 4,998 types of snakes in Georgia." He omits the fact that all but 4,995 of those are politicians.

A RANT FOR THE "ELDERLY PEOPLE WRITING CHECKS" Are you kidding? I'd rather wait on someone writing a check, than wait on someone with five screaming kids using a "quick" food stamps credit card! Get over yourself and wait! You will be old one day too!

I READ THE ARTICLE on Harrisburg and I am thankful we have people like Butch Palmer, who is trying to clean up our neighborhood. And Betty Beard not taking the petition seriously. If the ministeries were still in the the Laney Walker and they were having these problems, her name would have been the first on the petition. She was put in office to help all of her district, not just the Laney Walker area.

Comments (298)

sliique
sliique 04/25/08 - 05:01 am

As usual, the Chronicle will

As usual, the Chronicle will NOT print my Rant for them! YOU, Chronicle, own The North Augusta Today tabloid/rag. PLEASE induce them to STOP littering people's driveways and properties with that sad publication, EVERY WEEK!

You people at the Chronicle that read these submissions: Whats the matter, is this too sensitive a Rant to publish?

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/25/08 - 05:11 am

sliique - Have you tried

sliique - Have you tried submitting your rant via the proper channels? On the main AC page there is an email addy for where to subit it via computer. It also lists the number of where to phone it in. I, for one, am getting tired of your endless whining....

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 04/25/08 - 05:14 am

People yell at Broun's

People yell at Broun's recordings?

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 04/25/08 - 05:18 am

If people would learn the 4

If people would learn the 4 poisonous snakes in this area, the unreasonable psycho-terror that paralyzes most locals would disappear. (The tubular wiggly kind, not the walking kind.)

The_Question
The_Question 04/25/08 - 05:22 am

Jimmy Carter has said he is

Jimmy Carter has said he is not representing the U.S. government and is not offering any deals. It's obvious that he does these things to undermine the sitting president and keep himself in the news to try and build this legacy as a great ex-president. The question is.......why do foreign countries and terrorist groups talk to someone who can give them nothing?

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/25/08 - 05:22 am

sliique - I'll tell ya what

sliique - I'll tell ya what I'll do for ya. I'm in a belevolent mood this morning so I'm going to report your rant as "may be inappropriate". That way you can be sure that somebody from the Chronicle will look at it. Once they stop laughing and snorting their coffee outta their noses, I'm sure they will address your issue. You are welcome, have a nice day!

DeborahElliott2
DeborahElliott2 04/25/08 - 05:30 am

Pat, I thought the rant about

Pat, I thought the rant about the snakes was funny. At least I got a laugh out of it cause obviously the two legged kind are more poisonous than those crawling on their bellies.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 04/25/08 - 06:07 am

DE2, you have to laugh about

DE2, you have to laugh about the two legged kind to keep from crying.

coolette
coolette 04/25/08 - 06:35 am

A big Rave for the Greenbrier

A big Rave for the Greenbrier ROTC flag team!!!! As I watched from the carpool line on WED. AM, I felt very proud to be an American!!! The pride and honor they displayed as they raised the flag was beautiful!!!

shivas
shivas 04/25/08 - 06:53 am

A big rave for David Key,

A big rave for David Key, Director of Baptisit Studies at Emory University. After confirming that Southern Baptisit have lost over 40,000 members the past 3 years, he states the Southern Baptisit must do a better job of reaching out to minorities and multi-racial groups. He states being a southern baptist has been mainly a "white experience." It's certainly refreshing to see the Southern Baptists coming into the 21st century by recognizing the effects of global warming, and now recognizing they must accept and recruit minorities into their ranks. Way to go Southern Baptists!!!

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 04/25/08 - 07:11 am

Happy Friday!

Happy Friday!

RollingEyes
RollingEyes 04/25/08 - 07:39 am

Its too early to be a happy

Its too early to be a happy Friday. Morning all!

amazed1
amazed1 04/25/08 - 08:10 am

Southren Baptist are in the

Southren Baptist are in the recruiting business. They are however, into receiving new converts to the faith. They reach out to the lost sinner irregardless of origin.

i know
i know 04/25/08 - 08:10 am

Anyone else tired of the NA

Anyone else tired of the NA Today rant? it should be put out to pasture with the rave to the man changing the tire and the man waiting while the tire was changed.

christian134
christian134 04/25/08 - 08:16 am

Shivas I always look forward

Shivas I always look forward to senseless racist babble....Oh by the way good morning all....:-)

dani
dani 04/25/08 - 08:38 am

Shivas, I hear that is no

Shivas,
I hear that is no longer 'global warming' the pc now calls it 'climate change'

fungirl
fungirl 04/25/08 - 08:50 am

Seriously sliique....i am

Seriously sliique....i am tired of reading your crazy message every single day about the North Augusta today!!!!

Dan White 04/25/08 - 08:53 am

Southern Baptists

Southern Baptists disfranchise entire groups of people and will have a difficult time reaching them for Christ if ever they do reach them. The new amendment in the Baptist Faith and Message where wives must be submissive to their husbands and the refusal to ordain women as deacons and pastors alienates many women. Some called SBC women have switched over to the United Methodist Church to serve as pastors and fulfill their call. The SBC's continued rant against the homosexual community alienates them as well. Of course, ranting against homosexuals brings in a lot of money for them. It gets people riled up - "We must stop the homosexuals!" Jesus never alientated the immoral or women from his ministry. The immoral woman at the well was accepted and saved and was not told by Jesus to quit living with her live-in boyfriend. The first human to see Jesus after his resurrection was the prostitute, Mary Magdelene, a woman. The take over by the fundamentalists in the SBC causes vast numbers of immoral people and women to look away from them in their search for peace in the Lord.

Dan White 04/25/08 - 08:53 am

good morning all and to you

good morning all and to you christian.

Dan White 04/25/08 - 08:55 am

The National Day of Prayer is

The National Day of Prayer is Thursday, May 1. Please join us as we pray for our beloved country at 1pm, May 1, at the Eubank Blanchard Center, 6868 Cobbham Rd., near Appling. State Representative Barry Fleming is our guest and will lead us in this prayer service. Thank God for praying public servants.

digmick
digmick 04/25/08 - 08:56 am

We all know that the Bush

We all know that the Bush Administration has done such a wonderful job on the diplomacy front.

ITDoc
ITDoc 04/25/08 - 09:24 am

Slique, you cheap [filtered word]. Give

Slique, you cheap [filtered word]. Give the person delivering the papers $5 and tell him/her to skip you. Works for me like a charm. May have to re-apply the fiver occasionally... meanwhile, please at least re-phrase your rant. It's obviously now a text file you merely copy and paste daily.

wise
wise 04/25/08 - 09:27 am

Rant Rant Rant Molly's

Rant Rant Rant Molly's Militia steals dogs and sells them for profit. I lost my dog in feb. I reported it to both richmond county and columbia county pounds and listed the dog lost in the iwanta and craigslist. I now found him on petfinders for adoption by Molly's Militia. After calling the"rescue org." I was told that he has been adopted to someone else and there is nothing they can do and I was hung up on but he is still listed as Frank on their website availble for adoption. If you have a lost or stolen pet please check their website. http://www.mollysmilitia.org/home.html

DoubleD
DoubleD 04/25/08 - 09:28 am

PTHS LOL! I have about three

PTHS LOL! I have about three papers laying in the street in front of my house. If they litter my lawn I just give it a kick. It isn't mine. The person charged with littering should be the one who keeps throwing it on my property. Maybe I'll follow them home and start throwing bags of crap on their lawn when I drive by. This isn't the North Augusta Today, it's some other crap.

PlayaFace
PlayaFace 04/25/08 - 09:45 am

green jacket.. thats the day

green jacket.. thats the day my great grandfather died last year

Dan White 04/25/08 - 10:08 am

I never knew my great

I never knew my great grandfather except through pictures and stories my family told me. You were fortunate to have him for so long.

i.b.e.w..electric
i.b.e.w..electric 04/25/08 - 10:19 am

what southern baptist dont

what southern baptist dont tell you is they are loosing most of their membership to the mormons.as a former baptist (church of god now)i can tell you what the problem is ,the baptist church is glad to see you on sunday ,but forget about you the rest of the week .VISITATION PEOPLE, your membership is more than just tighes and offerings.

Dan White 04/25/08 - 10:26 am

Yea, the SBC churches are

Yea, the SBC churches are glad to see you AND your offering to pay for their buildings, huge staff, and bureacratic programs. In regards to the Mormons - they are leechs. They feed off people from other denominations and churches and confuse them with their teachings.

AGR354
AGR354 04/25/08 - 10:30 am

The Bible not Southern

The Bible not Southern Babitist dicatate the role of females in the Lord's Church. Churches who do not follow the Lords Word are not basing their teachings on the Bible. So they are falling away from Christ and so they are falling away from the Truth. It has been said that Churches should change with the times, but have people and their sins rely changed since the bible was written. A sin is a sin that has not changed

RockyMayer
RockyMayer 04/25/08 - 10:38 am

churches shouldn't be allowed

churches shouldn't be allowed to "recruit".

New chair gets vet off-road to fish

Army veteran Henry Kent's new Action Trackchair has attachments for fishing, with a holder for his fishing pole and a built-in tackle box, but others can be outfitted with gunracks for hunting.