Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers.

THE FRONT PAGE of the April 6 edition of The Augusta Chronicle boasts of a 72-page Masters preview. Actually 32 of those pages are advertising, and that's counting only the full or half page ads.

THANKS FOR THE EXCELLENT 2008 Masters Preview. The feature on Rae's Creek was a very thoughtful bonus. There is a heaven!

RAVES TO ADMINISTRATORS at both Episcopal Day School and Tubman Middle School for encouraging parents to see what goes on in their respective classrooms.

HOW DOES THE McDuffie Board of Education justify the money spent on the Renaissance program?

I CAN'T BELIEVE the fireman on the computer. How in the world is he going to get that off?

I SEE THAT someone has done the math on what this war is costing in terms of fuel. Now if they would just include the other cost of fuel as well: cost of chartered airlines, cost of training, cost of contractors in Iraq, and the cost of civilian war effort. No wonder the oil companies are getting richer.

NEED AUTO LICENSE renewed? Go to Appling. Nice, scenic, short drive; no waiting in long lines; and the natives are friendly.

RAVES TO THE MAN that found my credit card in a Kroger shopping cart in Martinez. I tried calling the phone number on my answering machine and it is not in service. I am a 79-year-old widow. God bless you for sparing me a lot of anxiety. Thanks again.

A RAVE TO CHRIS THOMAS , Channel 12 WRDW News. I can't resist listening to the news when Chris Thomas comes on.

I FEEL THE LOSS of Virginia Tech students but I do not think that we the taxpayers should have to pay for the burden where the system failed.

THIS IS A RAVE for Brian, my paper carrier. He always bags my paper and throws it close to the house. I have a disability and it is hard for me to get out and get my paper. He'll never know how much I appreciate this. I live in the Belvedere Ridge. Thank you.

KSL
KSL 04/21/08 - 08:38 pm
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it while going through it, but once on the other side, you don't necessarily want to go back.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 04/21/08 - 08:39 pm
I love you

I love you kathysueloudermilk!

KSL
KSL 04/21/08 - 08:42 pm
PUTT, I had begun to think

PUTT, I had begun to think you had stopped loving me!!

KSL
KSL 04/21/08 - 09:08 pm
F n I, why did you delete

F n I, why did you delete your post?

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 04/21/08 - 09:15 pm
because it was el stupido!

because it was el stupido!

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 04/21/08 - 09:21 pm
That will never happen!!!

That will never happen!!! How's hubby?

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 04/21/08 - 09:22 pm
Sorry just can't seem to stay

Sorry just can't seem to stay here...will try again tomorrow......Say Good nite, Gracie...

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 04/21/08 - 09:25 pm
gracie night good!

gracie night good!

KSL
KSL 04/21/08 - 09:37 pm
Good night to y'all, too.

Good night to y'all, too. Think I will check out the TV, pay high amounts for cable I almost never watch now. Oh well, it's there when I want it.

huggybear308091
huggybear308091 04/21/08 - 11:01 pm
It would take a pure Idiot to

It would take a pure Idiot to Vote for Obama knowing he was schooled in the Muslim religion and them say he was Christian. Once a Muslim always a Muslim. They face death if caught. Knowing this are people actually that STUPID. Here is a posting I hope you find interesting...

Voice of America,
Afghan Man Faces Execution After Converting to Christianity

An Afghan man who recently admitted he converted to Christianity faces the death penalty under the country's strict Islamic legal system. The trial is a critical test of Afghanistan's new constitution and democratic government.

Abdul Rahman, 40, was arrested last month, accused of converting to Christianity.

Under Afghanistan's new constitution, minority religious rights are protected but Muslims are still subject to strict Islamic laws.

And so, officially, Muslim-born Rahman is charged with rejecting Islam and not for practicing Christianity.

Appearing in court earlier this week Rahman insisted he should not be considered an infidel, but admitted he is a Christian.

JustLilMe
JustLilMe 04/21/08 - 11:23 pm
Obama is not Muslim. Hilary

Obama is not Muslim.
Hilary on the other hand has pretended to be a NY Baseball fan (yet grew up with the Red Sox in her back yard. They don't know her either) and then pulled the "I have Jewish ancestors too" trumpcard out years ago. She catered her "image" to suit whomever she was courting.
I don't get the impression Obama does that?
And I'm resigned to voting for McCain either way.

Rose
Rose 04/21/08 - 11:45 pm
jasule75 according to you

jasule75 according to you there are a whole lot of pure idiots walking around, because a whole lot of us might be voting for Obama in November.You crack me up with your pure idiot thinking. You don't know what you are talking about. You are a bully,My vote is mine, and I will vote MY choice. I have friends who will vote for McCain, but we respect each other enough to accept our differences and it is not a problem at all. We don't argue politics. good night

dagamg321
dagamg321 08/18/08 - 10:47 am
What's wrong with Muslims???

What's wrong with Muslims??? NOTHING. It's a religion , who are you to judge that??? He's not Muslim, but if he was who cares?There should be a seperation of church and state anyways!! Get educated on the matter, and stop using those hoax emails to inform yourself!