Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers.

THE FRONT PAGE of the April 6 edition of The Augusta Chronicle boasts of a 72-page Masters preview. Actually 32 of those pages are advertising, and that's counting only the full or half page ads.

THANKS FOR THE EXCELLENT 2008 Masters Preview. The feature on Rae's Creek was a very thoughtful bonus. There is a heaven!

RAVES TO ADMINISTRATORS at both Episcopal Day School and Tubman Middle School for encouraging parents to see what goes on in their respective classrooms.

HOW DOES THE McDuffie Board of Education justify the money spent on the Renaissance program?

I CAN'T BELIEVE the fireman on the computer. How in the world is he going to get that off?

I SEE THAT someone has done the math on what this war is costing in terms of fuel. Now if they would just include the other cost of fuel as well: cost of chartered airlines, cost of training, cost of contractors in Iraq, and the cost of civilian war effort. No wonder the oil companies are getting richer.

NEED AUTO LICENSE renewed? Go to Appling. Nice, scenic, short drive; no waiting in long lines; and the natives are friendly.

RAVES TO THE MAN that found my credit card in a Kroger shopping cart in Martinez. I tried calling the phone number on my answering machine and it is not in service. I am a 79-year-old widow. God bless you for sparing me a lot of anxiety. Thanks again.

A RAVE TO CHRIS THOMAS , Channel 12 WRDW News. I can't resist listening to the news when Chris Thomas comes on.

I FEEL THE LOSS of Virginia Tech students but I do not think that we the taxpayers should have to pay for the burden where the system failed.

THIS IS A RAVE for Brian, my paper carrier. He always bags my paper and throws it close to the house. I have a disability and it is hard for me to get out and get my paper. He'll never know how much I appreciate this. I live in the Belvedere Ridge. Thank you.

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 04/21/08 - 02:43 pm
What posts are those charley?

What posts are those charley? I'd like to read them.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 04/21/08 - 02:48 pm
April, I want get into your

April, I want get into your business with Kathy, NWR81, but I have to tell you, these ladies and their spouses are nice, friendly people. I have had the pleasure of meeting them at our gathering and I really enjoyed their company. Rose and her husband and Baroness are good people too. We don't always agree and at times I get overly passionate in my beliefs. But, because we don't agree, doesn't mean with shouldn't get along. The next time we get together, come, get to know them, I think you will agree with me.

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 04/21/08 - 02:48 pm
God, I'm glad I'm NOT April.

God, I'm glad I'm NOT April. Folks give me enough crap being Angie. The reason I thought it might be me is because, in highschool folks used to always call me April.

God save America
God save America 04/21/08 - 02:56 pm
if it took some tax money to

if it took some tax money to help make colleges safe then it needs to be done. there should be camera everwhere to see what is going on and to help stop crime and catch a criminal. i think that the state and college will probily pay fot these changes.

RollingEyes
RollingEyes 04/21/08 - 02:57 pm
LOL Angie, you met her on one

LOL Angie, you met her on one of her sweetest days She was on her best behavior as there was a pastor on the board today. It is interesting that she begs him to go back and review what other posters may have said about her but she had carefully deleted all the nasty, spiteful things that she herself had said. Things that she had initiated and then acted as the wounded one. It was positively galling!

kiddspur
kiddspur 04/21/08 - 03:14 pm
Angie1961 -- there is an old

Angie1961 -- there is an old saying (Never argue with an idiot -- someone might not know which one is which)! -- Besides you are a good one to pick on -- you give as well as you receive (Stars to you)!

imdstuf
imdstuf 04/21/08 - 03:46 pm
The man caught selling the

The man caught selling the pirated goods should have went to the South Augusta Flear Market. They do it there regularly, even with a Sheriff's substation there.

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 04/21/08 - 04:10 pm
Eyes, when should I schedule

Eyes, when should I schedule my exorcism because the shower month wants the pastor to excommunicate me or something like that?

jimbobspaghetti
jimbobspaghetti 04/21/08 - 04:18 pm
The same guy sells stuff

The same guy sells stuff beside the building at the gas station on the corner of Walton Way and Crawford Ave. I've called the cops a couple of times because he is rather "aggressive" in his sales, but they didn't seem to be that interested until now.I had the impression that he was also selling stolen items also.....

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/21/08 - 04:32 pm
Three women: one engaged, one

Three women: one engaged, one married, and one a mistress, are chatting about their relationships and decide to amaze their men....that night all three will wear a leather bodice S&M style, stilettos and mask over their eyes After a few days they meet again.....

The engaged girlfriend said: "The other night, when my boyfriend came back home, he found me in the leather bodice, 4" stilettos and mask.
He said, 'You are The woman of my life, I love you...then we made love all night long.'"

The mistress stated: "Oh Yes! The other night we met in the office. I was wearing the leather bodice, mega stilettos, mask over my eyes and a raincoat. When I opened the raincoat, he didn't say a word. We just had wild whopee all night."

The married one then said: "The other night I sent the kids to stay at my mothers for the night, I got myself ready, leather bodice, super stilettos and mask over my eyes. My husband came in from work, grabbed the TV controller and a beer, and said, 'Hey Batman, what's for dinner?'"

kiddspur
kiddspur 04/21/08 - 04:38 pm
PTHS -- when was the funeral

PTHS -- when was the funeral held????????????????

teabag1963
teabag1963 04/21/08 - 04:42 pm
angie do you have aol? even

angie do you have aol? even if you don't google aol message boards.click on boards and forums,scroll to news,then click and scroll to politics and news,then scroll down to 2008 presidential elections.there are about 5,000 posts going 24/7.this is an adult board nothing like this lemonade stand mentality here.good night

sneaky pete
sneaky pete 04/21/08 - 04:55 pm
Yonce has a man crush on me.

Yonce has a man crush on me. I knew you were weird, but wow. I am not flattered though. Make sure you do your typing with both hands on the keyboard donkie yonce.________________

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 04/21/08 - 05:05 pm
Seems like ya'll had a rough

Seems like ya'll had a rough day. I spent the day with my wife's bike. I finally found a local shop that works on bikes as well as cars. If someone wants a business idea, Jiffy Lube for bikes would be a good one.

sneaky pete
sneaky pete 04/21/08 - 05:10 pm
Jake--I didn't notice your

Jake--I didn't notice your question until today, after the thing made reference to it. Parris Island is in the middle of nowhere, close to the swamp and there is no breathing when it's hot. There is more tradition at PI and the reference was always made to the effeminate nature of the recruits in CP. The weather makes the most difference. CP obviously has easier climates. PI also has a reputation for the more severe hazing, which I believe is true. One thing that shows the meaning of being from PI is that if you are born in an area that means you have to go to CP, you can petition to go to PI. So maybe it has some more prestige, but either place is a vacation in hell.

RollingEyes
RollingEyes 04/21/08 - 05:10 pm
Fire, hold off on setting up

Fire, hold off on setting up that appointment. This month will soon be over and all will be right with the world once again.

KSL
KSL 04/21/08 - 05:59 pm
I went back and checked the

I went back and checked the comments I have made about April. I didn't find any that would have placed me on her demon list. That leads me to believe that April may just be one of many names she has gone by here. Because I have indeed spoken my mind about people who make nasty and hateful posts. April's MO is the same. Also, she started posing just recently under the name April, but then complained about people commenting to her posts in the past. So I know that she has posted under a different name. Now I will start ignoring her.

RollingEyes
RollingEyes 04/21/08 - 06:05 pm
Its hard to understand why

Its hard to understand why the posters who dislike everyone and everything that's said on this board keep on returning time and time again. There's thousands of other boards online that they can turn to and find a happy niche to call their own. Why keep on returning here, back to us if they feel that way? I suspect that they find us irresistable and can't bare to leave us alone! ;-)

KSL
KSL 04/21/08 - 06:07 pm
lol

lol

RollingEyes
RollingEyes 04/21/08 - 06:08 pm
Good evening KSL. I too will

Good evening KSL. I too will not directly acknowledge ____any longer.

KSL
KSL 04/21/08 - 06:08 pm
Mr. Younce is a prime example

Mr. Younce is a prime example of that. Insults us, but continues to post.

RollingEyes
RollingEyes 04/21/08 - 06:11 pm
I was including him in my

I was including him in my general statement. I like MOST of the people who post on here, if I didn't I'd go hunting for another playground to play in.

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 04/21/08 - 06:31 pm
How come this just went from

How come this just went from 114 comments to 112?

KSL
KSL 04/21/08 - 06:32 pm
Check April's comments.

Check April's comments.

KSL
KSL 04/21/08 - 06:33 pm
Nope, not hers.

Nope, not hers.

KSL
KSL 04/21/08 - 06:35 pm
Somebody deleted something.

Somebody deleted something.

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 04/21/08 - 06:36 pm
Not I said the blind man as

Not I said the blind man as he took his hammer and saw!

RollingEyes
RollingEyes 04/21/08 - 06:39 pm
____ is gone from my machine.

____ is gone from my machine. Perhaps there was an exorcism held here after all.

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 04/21/08 - 06:44 pm
When in trouble, when in

When in trouble, when in doubt, run in circles, scream nad shout!

RollingEyes
RollingEyes 04/21/08 - 06:46 pm
It always works for me!

It always works for me!

City inspectors look to demolish Goodale House

Rob Sherman, director of Augusta's License and Inspection Department, said his staff plans to ask a State Court judge in early 2015 to order the endangered property, which was built in 1799 and is ...