Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers.

THE FRONT PAGE of the April 6 edition of The Augusta Chronicle boasts of a 72-page Masters preview. Actually 32 of those pages are advertising, and that's counting only the full or half page ads.

THANKS FOR THE EXCELLENT 2008 Masters Preview. The feature on Rae's Creek was a very thoughtful bonus. There is a heaven!

RAVES TO ADMINISTRATORS at both Episcopal Day School and Tubman Middle School for encouraging parents to see what goes on in their respective classrooms.

HOW DOES THE McDuffie Board of Education justify the money spent on the Renaissance program?

I CAN'T BELIEVE the fireman on the computer. How in the world is he going to get that off?

I SEE THAT someone has done the math on what this war is costing in terms of fuel. Now if they would just include the other cost of fuel as well: cost of chartered airlines, cost of training, cost of contractors in Iraq, and the cost of civilian war effort. No wonder the oil companies are getting richer.

NEED AUTO LICENSE renewed? Go to Appling. Nice, scenic, short drive; no waiting in long lines; and the natives are friendly.

RAVES TO THE MAN that found my credit card in a Kroger shopping cart in Martinez. I tried calling the phone number on my answering machine and it is not in service. I am a 79-year-old widow. God bless you for sparing me a lot of anxiety. Thanks again.

A RAVE TO CHRIS THOMAS , Channel 12 WRDW News. I can't resist listening to the news when Chris Thomas comes on.

I FEEL THE LOSS of Virginia Tech students but I do not think that we the taxpayers should have to pay for the burden where the system failed.

THIS IS A RAVE for Brian, my paper carrier. He always bags my paper and throws it close to the house. I have a disability and it is hard for me to get out and get my paper. He'll never know how much I appreciate this. I live in the Belvedere Ridge. Thank you.

Rose
Rose 04/21/08 - 11:53 am
Do you know the date in June

Do you know the date in June and where it will be?

PastorPaul
PastorPaul 04/21/08 - 11:55 am
The Dignity Memorial Veitnam

The Dignity Memorial Veitnam Wall is a 3/4 scale replica. There are 4 other replicas traveling the US at this time. They are all 1/2 orf 3/5 scale replicas. This wall is 240 ft long once it is set up. Have a great day.

PastorPaul
PastorPaul 04/21/08 - 11:57 am
June 27, 28, and 29 Please

June 27, 28, and 29 Please call me for more information at 706-399-1347

kiddspur
kiddspur 04/21/08 - 12:15 pm
Sounds like you all folks

Sounds like you all folks have made April mad at all of you!!!!!!

teabag1963
teabag1963 04/21/08 - 12:17 pm
i accept your apology angie i

i accept your apology angie i was indeed right about april.she is tough, but i found out a long time ago that the meaner and harder a woman tries to act the quicker she melts,when the time is right.buick, put the playboy book down and pick up a u.s. news and world report mag.several years ago when the unsupreme court was to hear arguments about the oil policy hearings,cheney brought scalia down here to walterboro to do some duck hunting.the case faded away because some people are intimidated by that fat sob [filtered word]vp.the energy boys won because cheney said so.pths, that's apples and oranges.i don't use medications so i don't care how much profit they make.most insurance covers those meds which many are just placebos anyway.insurance co's don't pay for my gas though.it's gouging and when gas rises so do many other things, so why would you condone this?where is jack? the oilmans best friend? did he have to cut off his internet service in order to buy some damn gas?i'm not getting in your business baroness, but you did say that you haven't seen a paycheck since 1989.don't see booery in the american heritage, please elaborate.time for lunch.

Rose
Rose 04/21/08 - 12:19 pm
PastorPaul thanks. I wrote

PastorPaul thanks. I wrote all that on my calendar. I will call later. I have an appointment soon, but I will call for more info.

KSL
KSL 04/21/08 - 12:23 pm
Ha, the queen of post and

Ha, the queen of post and delete. Why delete, if you feel strongly enough to post it? I could not be more pleased with the company you have placed me in, Miss 4th Month of the year. "April is the cruelest month" T. S. Elliot, "The Waste Land"

The Madame
The Madame 04/21/08 - 12:26 pm
April you are barking up tje

April you are barking up tje wrong tree, you are the demon and also a pain in the [filtered word]

Rose
Rose 04/21/08 - 12:28 pm
I see she deleted her 11:14

I see she deleted her 11:14 post

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/21/08 - 12:36 pm
LOL at the 12:10 post. It's

LOL at the 12:10 post. It's too bad she doesn't know how long I've known PastorPaul and his wonderful work. He is pretty good about figuring out who is the enemy.

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/21/08 - 12:38 pm
April - pssst - he is a Viet

April - pssst - he is a Viet Nam vet who rides a Harley to and from his community service activities and volunteering.

KSL
KSL 04/21/08 - 12:39 pm
The best thing to do is to

The best thing to do is to ignore any post made by the cruelest month because she enjoys seeing people get annoyed at her. She seems to crave attention even if it's in the form of negative attention. Starve her, don't feed her cravings.

crabcakesnfootball
crabcakesnfootball 04/21/08 - 12:43 pm
I am feeling great!!! It was

I am feeling great!!! It was a wonderful weekend and a beautiful day today. Hug someone, tell them after crabby, they are the next best thing! :)

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/21/08 - 12:45 pm
LOL - I'll let the other

LOL - I'll let the other readers be my jury. Anyway, it's naptime here. Talk to y'all later. Enjoy the fun!

The Madame
The Madame 04/21/08 - 01:00 pm
April I think you are a boil

April I think you are a boil on the butt of humanity, so if you have an issue with my friends, you also have an issue with me, and I am tired of coming on here and reading your BS, as are the rest of us

RollingEyes
RollingEyes 04/21/08 - 01:04 pm
Poor, poor April. We all

Poor, poor April. We all feel your pain. . . . especially where we sit! ! !

RollingEyes
RollingEyes 04/21/08 - 01:08 pm
You're absolutely right KSL.

You're absolutely right KSL. The Cold One who hates all and deletes all should not be patronized to and from hence forth I shall ignore her piteous attempts to garner attention. As of today I am blind and deaf to her.

robbie1
robbie1 04/21/08 - 01:20 pm
Don't like the fuel costs of

Don't like the fuel costs of the war? What were the fuel cost of 911? Plane fuel blowing up buildins and crashing in fields... Cost of fuel to ground all of those aircraft. Fuel for the jets that had to be scrambled. Fuel cost of the clean up... Yea... I get your point. We use too much fuel protecting ourselves... Lets quit.

putterman1940
putterman1940 04/21/08 - 01:34 pm
department of

department of transportation.."tear down these walls"

PastorPaul
PastorPaul 04/21/08 - 01:39 pm
April, My job is to stay

April, My job is to stay neutral in this matter. All have the right of free speach in this country. You , PTHS, and everybody else. I ask all to look deep inside themselves. If you don't like what you see change it. But I will not take sides and infringe on a persons right to free speach. I and many other veterans served this country just so you and all the other people of this country, right or wrong could have this right. Matthew 18:15 says it best
If your brother sins against you,[a] go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over. If more people followed this advise there would be less flamming here.

prolifer
prolifer 04/21/08 - 02:22 pm
Charley reminds me of

Charley reminds me of "Laney". Does anyone remember that pathetic creature?

Okieguy1688
Okieguy1688 04/21/08 - 02:27 pm
I used to work for a major

I used to work for a major oil company ... please let me enlighen some of you. The price at the pumps is not set by the big oils companies, it is set by the retailers. They buy it from the majors at a price ... if anything or nothing happens, they all start jumping up the price. They did not pay any more for what is in their underground tanks, so why are they raising the price ... to make more money. People will blame the majors, so the retailers are off the hook. The name of the gas they sell on the sign, is not who owns the station.

The Madame
The Madame 04/21/08 - 02:27 pm
Charlie is actually popkorn

Charlie is actually popkorn

prolifer
prolifer 04/21/08 - 02:29 pm
Amen, Preacher Paul.

Amen, Preacher Paul.

Okieguy1688
Okieguy1688 04/21/08 - 02:32 pm
By the way ... blame the

By the way ... blame the enviromentalist for high gas prices too ... they ( the liberals ) will not let them drill in Anwar, Alaska, off the coat lines of Florida and California ... they also just found what could be the third largest oil supply in the WORLD ... under a lake in N. Dakota. They can horizontal drill it ... but I bet the Dems will kill that too. They want us to all go "green" or they want to make green for their pockets.

PastorPaul
PastorPaul 04/21/08 - 02:37 pm
Okieguy1688 we could use your

Okieguy1688 we could use your help. The dignity Memorial Wall is traveling to 16 cities this year. Each city has to raise the money for the fuel to transport the wall to it. If your company could provide that fuel to the driver for the year you would do a lot of good public relations wise and help a lot of veterans from the Vietnam era heal. The cost to bring it to Augusta is around 7 grand for fuel only. Call me at 706-399-1347

workingmom
workingmom 04/21/08 - 02:43 pm
Wow, Baroness, I'm exhausted

Wow, Baroness, I'm exhausted reading about you! I just wonder how one uses a weed whacker with it strapped to the back?

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/21/08 - 02:55 pm
Ahhhh - I'm back, I was

Ahhhh - I'm back, I was trying to dream about May, but then I had a nightmare and realized what month it still was. ;-)

robbie1
robbie1 04/21/08 - 03:14 pm
Okie, if you are going to

Okie, if you are going to confuse us with the facts, these conversations will not be as exciting. I do want to point out that the Pres' brother fought offshore drilling in Florida too. Didn't want to risk those beaches... I guess if gas keeps going up, the tourism trade might notice a fluctuation, but hey... The BEACHES LOOK GREAT!!!

teabag1963
teabag1963 04/21/08 - 03:14 pm
okieguy maybe you will

okieguy maybe you will enlighten us as to why you're no longer with those crooks with pin striped suits?also explain how the retailers make any money on gas? gas in 1998 was $1.03 why would retailers gouge customers when they know many other prices will rise also?it seems like just a week or 2 ago that i read that the refiners were increasing their prices also because of the rise in crude oil prices.some is lying here.we know that all of the taxes on gas play a part,but never have they increased every other day like this. robbie (what a wimpy name) 911 was an inside job.the next time you're in a book store (not the adult kind)glance through david ray griffin's "a new pearl harbor"he will try to explain to you folks as i have that what you think happened that day didn't happen that way at all.also jump over to the aol "2008 presidential election" board.i can suggest posts on there that will make your hair curl if you have any.

3 top picks to replace Russell named

Janice Allen Jackson, Stephen Layson and Oscar Rodriguez are Augusta Mayor Deke Copenhaver's top picks to replace Fred Russell as city administrator.