Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers.

THE FRONT PAGE of the April 6 edition of The Augusta Chronicle boasts of a 72-page Masters preview. Actually 32 of those pages are advertising, and that's counting only the full or half page ads.

THANKS FOR THE EXCELLENT 2008 Masters Preview. The feature on Rae's Creek was a very thoughtful bonus. There is a heaven!

RAVES TO ADMINISTRATORS at both Episcopal Day School and Tubman Middle School for encouraging parents to see what goes on in their respective classrooms.

HOW DOES THE McDuffie Board of Education justify the money spent on the Renaissance program?

I CAN'T BELIEVE the fireman on the computer. How in the world is he going to get that off?

I SEE THAT someone has done the math on what this war is costing in terms of fuel. Now if they would just include the other cost of fuel as well: cost of chartered airlines, cost of training, cost of contractors in Iraq, and the cost of civilian war effort. No wonder the oil companies are getting richer.

NEED AUTO LICENSE renewed? Go to Appling. Nice, scenic, short drive; no waiting in long lines; and the natives are friendly.

RAVES TO THE MAN that found my credit card in a Kroger shopping cart in Martinez. I tried calling the phone number on my answering machine and it is not in service. I am a 79-year-old widow. God bless you for sparing me a lot of anxiety. Thanks again.

A RAVE TO CHRIS THOMAS , Channel 12 WRDW News. I can't resist listening to the news when Chris Thomas comes on.

I FEEL THE LOSS of Virginia Tech students but I do not think that we the taxpayers should have to pay for the burden where the system failed.

THIS IS A RAVE for Brian, my paper carrier. He always bags my paper and throws it close to the house. I have a disability and it is hard for me to get out and get my paper. He'll never know how much I appreciate this. I live in the Belvedere Ridge. Thank you.

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/21/08 - 09:47 am
Oh boy, it looks like the

Oh boy, it looks like the local bars/clubs did quite a biz last night based on some of these posts.....

sjones1
sjones1 04/21/08 - 09:50 am
Ok, if the bike riders are

Ok, if the bike riders are supposed to ride with the flow of traffic that's fine. I don't ride a bike so i don't know, I drive a car and pay extremely high weekly payments for gas so excuse me, maybe i need to get a bike to save some money. My other points however were not incorrect! Obama 08!!!!!!!!!

crabcakesnfootball
crabcakesnfootball 04/21/08 - 09:51 am
A huge rave from me to me.

A huge rave from me to me.

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/21/08 - 09:51 am
Hope - While you sit here

Hope - While you sit here spouting moveon.org lies, why don't you take a few moments to learn what a "profit margin" is. If you are capable of figuring that out (which I doubt), compare the oil companies to the drug companies and see which industry's is double the other one. You might be surprised - but I'm not hopeful for enlightenment in your case.

RollingEyes
RollingEyes 04/21/08 - 09:53 am
PTHS, good morning. It

PTHS, good morning. It REALLY was a drink of water at 3:24 this morning. . . . .

freespeech
freespeech 04/21/08 - 09:55 am
Why aren't you people

Why aren't you people working?

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/21/08 - 09:57 am
Eyes - LOL! You I

Eyes - LOL! You I believe......

RollingEyes
RollingEyes 04/21/08 - 09:58 am
Well, I'm THINKING about

Well, I'm THINKING about working and that's a start.

NotyourDadsBuick
NotyourDadsBuick 04/21/08 - 09:59 am
is it more properly described

is it more properly described as being liberal or populist when someone decries the oil companies these days? or are those two terms one and the same? companies make money, big deal. what i want to know is what went on at the energy meetings convened by dick(less) cheney at the outset of the bush presidency, and why the draft dodger finds it so necessary to keep it secret from the public. i know some of you are big fans of dick, so let's hear from you.

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/21/08 - 10:08 am
Buick - I'm not gonna defend

Buick - I'm not gonna defend them. They should declare a national emergency, start drilling in ANWR, off the coasts of California and Florida and build about 10 new refineries wherever they would do the most good. I am dissapointed that they paid so much attention to the so-called environmentalist "not in my backyard" militant wackos.

RollingEyes
RollingEyes 04/21/08 - 10:14 am
Buick in 2006 China began

Buick in 2006 China began drilling for oil just off Florida's coast line, almost within sight of the keys. They are tapping into our oil supply and we let them because we listen to the environmental wimps whining about potential damage to our environment. China gets to laugh at us all the way to the bank!

The Madame

PTHS2 04/21/08 - 10:23 am
Color me shocked!!!! lol

Color me shocked!!!! lol

kiddspur
kiddspur 04/21/08 - 10:31 am
crabcakes&football -- I can

crabcakes&football -- I can tell ylou are feeling good today - must have been a big weedend!!!!

Unbelievable
Unbelievable 04/21/08 - 10:37 am
If you think the cost of the

If you think the cost of the war in Iraq is high, you should see what we pay for Illegal Immigrant Healthcare. Dont even think about what it is costing to house all the Illegal Immigrant criminals that are being held in our Jails. You would be amazed at what our congress is signing us up for.

RollingEyes
RollingEyes 04/21/08 - 10:39 am
Yeah, . . . . but we get all

Yeah, . . . . but we get all those cheap tomatoes. ;-)

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 04/21/08 - 10:43 am
Dear Charley Yonce. You are

Dear Charley Yonce. You are mistaken. I work just as hard or harder than any other person. I raised four children that became honor students at the best public school in the state while running a household, wrote out all the bills for the first 10 years, maintained the yard & a veggie garden, without his physical help (although the children did help on their days off) brought in three vehicles for their scheduled & unscheduled maintenance, volunteered at the schools the children attended & did my delegator of a spouse's daily "honey-do" list, plus dropping anything & everything I was doing to do whatever he wanted when he wanted & where he wanted, even if it was a trip out of town. Even when we lived in a wooded area, he strapped a weed whacker to my back; that was the extent of him helping me clear an area for the children to play in. My doing all this and more made it possible for him to work 2 decades of shift work while my staying home gave my children some structure to their lives. He made 7 times more an hour than I ever did, but daycare was unaffordable with three babies coming in two years.

PastorPaul
PastorPaul 04/21/08 - 10:50 am
This is a rave to Dignity

This is a rave to Dignity Memorial and Elliot Sons Funeral Homes for bringing the 3/4 scale Vietnam wall to Augusta in June. This will provide a lot of healing for our Vietnam era vets.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/21/08 - 10:50 am
Baroness, argueing with

Baroness, argueing with charley yonce is like wetting your pants wearing a dark suit, You get a warm feeling, but nobody notices!.

dani
dani 04/21/08 - 10:51 am
Same back to you.,

Same back to you., viewpoint..

karmakills123
karmakills123 04/21/08 - 10:54 am
LOL...baroness...your life

LOL...baroness...your life sounds like a Frank Yerby novel!....

Rose
Rose 04/21/08 - 10:55 am
PastorPaul Is that what was

PastorPaul Is that what was called the moving wall? It was at the ASU sports center on Wrightsboro Rd about 10 yrs or so ago.

dani
dani 04/21/08 - 10:56 am
Biuck..I don't know about

Biuck..I don't know about Cheney meeting with oilmen to initiatiate an energy policy, but according to the new poster child for the Liberals, you should get everyone in on the problems and hear all views. The more experience the people have, the more helpful the input. As for me, I can't imagine having an energy meeting without have a rep from the oil companies. You might as well just draw straws.

Rose
Rose 04/21/08 - 11:00 am
Nobody is talking about

Nobody is talking about former President Jimmy Carter today. He is in the news, but I don't see it in the AC.

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 04/21/08 - 11:00 am
baroness, you just CASE IN

baroness, you just CASE IN POINT, what charley yonce stated on his post, regarding you. You just gave him MORE AMMO. However I agree with a lot of what you just posted. It just sounds like a "I WALKED 5 MILES TO GET TO SCHOOL IN THREE FEET OF SNOW" story. Folks usually tune it out or roll their eyes. The good new is, Karma is a good friend to have when you have done right by people, and life in general. Everything good you have done will circle around and come back to you, sometimes two or three fold. But then, you seem like the type that already knows this. Have a blessed day.

Rose
Rose 04/21/08 - 11:02 am
I have never been a big fan

I have never been a big fan of his,but he is not all bad. He has been talking and making progress.

Rose
Rose 04/21/08 - 11:06 am
Carter explains why he talked

Carter explains why he talked with Hamas, and why he would never sit down and talk with Al Qaeda.Here is the link.

prolifer
prolifer 04/21/08 - 11:33 am
Three babies in two years? A

Three babies in two years? A set of twins I hope!!!

PastorPaul
PastorPaul 04/21/08 - 11:35 am
This Wall is sponsored by

This Wall is sponsored by Dignity Memorial and is a 3/4 scale replica. Most of the other walls out there are 1/2 scale replicas. There currently are 5 replica walls traveling the US

3 top picks to replace Russell named

Janice Allen Jackson, Stephen Layson and Oscar Rodriguez are Augusta Mayor Deke Copenhaver's top picks to replace Fred Russell as city administrator.