Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers.

THE FRONT PAGE of the April 6 edition of The Augusta Chronicle boasts of a 72-page Masters preview. Actually 32 of those pages are advertising, and that's counting only the full or half page ads.

THANKS FOR THE EXCELLENT 2008 Masters Preview. The feature on Rae's Creek was a very thoughtful bonus. There is a heaven!

RAVES TO ADMINISTRATORS at both Episcopal Day School and Tubman Middle School for encouraging parents to see what goes on in their respective classrooms.

HOW DOES THE McDuffie Board of Education justify the money spent on the Renaissance program?

I CAN'T BELIEVE the fireman on the computer. How in the world is he going to get that off?

I SEE THAT someone has done the math on what this war is costing in terms of fuel. Now if they would just include the other cost of fuel as well: cost of chartered airlines, cost of training, cost of contractors in Iraq, and the cost of civilian war effort. No wonder the oil companies are getting richer.

NEED AUTO LICENSE renewed? Go to Appling. Nice, scenic, short drive; no waiting in long lines; and the natives are friendly.

RAVES TO THE MAN that found my credit card in a Kroger shopping cart in Martinez. I tried calling the phone number on my answering machine and it is not in service. I am a 79-year-old widow. God bless you for sparing me a lot of anxiety. Thanks again.

A RAVE TO CHRIS THOMAS , Channel 12 WRDW News. I can't resist listening to the news when Chris Thomas comes on.

I FEEL THE LOSS of Virginia Tech students but I do not think that we the taxpayers should have to pay for the burden where the system failed.

THIS IS A RAVE for Brian, my paper carrier. He always bags my paper and throws it close to the house. I have a disability and it is hard for me to get out and get my paper. He'll never know how much I appreciate this. I live in the Belvedere Ridge. Thank you.

teabag1963
teabag1963 04/21/08 - 02:14 am
geez i beat all the other

geez i beat all the other dolts and hootowls on here?i guess most must be worn out from posting all those pathetic, useless one liners last week.this is a new week, will squeakypete make it to wifesaver"s? will he have car insurance should he get pulled over?will he explain to everyone the difference between a san diego recruit and one from parris island,how would he know?will april go for anothers jugular?did playa bring anyone any souvenirs from 6 flags?did she ever find that $200?will rose bore us with more grocery store memories?will baroness explain to us how one survives despite not working for 20 years?will crabby keep posting since no one is responding to his usual prattle?will kiddspur get estatic because i returned for this one post?who knows, who cares.be back next week losers.

Craig Spinks
Craig Spinks 04/21/08 - 02:25 am
(C)harley(Y)once must be

(C)harley(Y)once must be related to e.e.cummings.

RollingEyes
RollingEyes 04/21/08 - 03:24 am
Well Charley Y, its a good

Well Charley Y, its a good thing that you show up from time to time just to show everybody an example of what a well written, concise letter should look like. Goodness knows that we will all miss your charming, worthwhile input during the upcoming week. You really should not be cruel and make us wait so long to hear you breathe out your words of wisdom! I guess that we'll have to muddle along somehow without you. . . . . .

NEone
NEone 04/21/08 - 04:55 am
VT payments: WE are not

VT payments: WE are not paying for them, the people of Virginia are paying for them. Not our deal.

sliique
sliique 04/21/08 - 06:14 am
Well heck, Charley: How

Well heck, Charley: How about espousing my cause? The Chronicle will NOT print my rant regarding The North Augusta Today, which the Chronicle owns, being used to litter everyone's property, once a week. These poor slugs get about 3 cents per litter, be it someone's driveway, yard, whatever. The Chronicle refuses, their Moderators, that is, to print MY RANT regarding this.

I say put that junk tabloid in machines at the stores, ala Real estate magazines.

PAW
PAW 04/21/08 - 06:39 am
I was listening to the radio

I was listening to the radio on Friday and lo and behold, guess who I heard ? RYAN B! I thought the good ole boys ( Ronnie Strength, Billie Morris & Austin Rhodes) got rid of him. I guess they are losing their power. OH WELL!!!!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/21/08 - 07:55 am
Did everyone go out for

Did everyone go out for Doughnuts and forget to tell me?

PlayaFace
PlayaFace 04/21/08 - 07:56 am
blah blah blah

blah blah blah

dani
dani 04/21/08 - 08:20 am
I don't know if all this math

I don't know if all this math about the use of oil will do any good for the price of gas. OPEC has just announced that tere will be no increase in production. LOoks like more of the same. McCain's bill to suspend federal taxes on gas will help if he can get it pass the Dem's, which I doubt, it might make them look bad and McCain look good. ALL 3 of the candidates should shut up and start doing the job they are hired for.

mommie2
mommie2 04/21/08 - 08:22 am
What gets me is that people

What gets me is that people feel it is so out of the ordinary to turn lost items in....I know it's highly uncommon in this day and age but it's what you are supposed to do. It's like congratulating someone on not running a red light or staying out of jail.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/21/08 - 08:24 am
OPEC has said it's not a

OPEC has said it's not a supply and demand thing, so that only leaves greed!

accuracyplease
accuracyplease 04/21/08 - 08:25 am
The Commonwealth of Virginia

The Commonwealth of Virginia is not using taxpayer money to provide payments to the families of students killed and injured in the shootings on April 16, 2007. The funding is private and was donated to a special memorial fund at Virginia Tech by alumni and friends of the University.

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 04/21/08 - 08:26 am
Eyes: 3:30 AM!

Eyes: 3:30 AM!

RollingEyes
RollingEyes 04/21/08 - 08:30 am
Fire, I woke up and went to

Fire, I woke up and went to get a drink of water and noticed that someone had left the computer on. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

dani
dani 04/21/08 - 08:33 am
The newsperson at Channel 12

The newsperson at Channel 12 has a nice mother. The name was used TWICE!. Way to go mom, give her/him a plug.

mnm
mnm 04/21/08 - 08:42 am
Morning, everyone!!! I need a

Morning, everyone!!! I need a little help with an argument I had with my husband yesterday while we were out and saw all the bike riders. When on a bicycle, do you ride with the flow of traffic, or do you ride towards oncoming traffic? Can anyone help me win this one?

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 04/21/08 - 08:43 am
With the flow or in

With the flow or in designated bicycle lanes.

RollingEyes
RollingEyes 04/21/08 - 08:44 am
mnm, I could be stood

mnm, I could be stood corrected, but as I recall, bikers must follow the same guidelines as do automobiles.

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 04/21/08 - 08:45 am
Does charley yonce REMIND YOU

Does charley yonce REMIND YOU of QUITE A FEW of the characters in the STEPHEN KING NOVELS? Like I'm expecting him to use the word BOOERY any time now on one of his post. Uh, charley, I THINK you mean "Angie" and NOT "april", but I COULD be wrong. You are such a BOOERY DOLT yonce.

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 04/21/08 - 08:50 am
Angie, there is also an April

Angie, there is also an April lurking out there.

RollingEyes
RollingEyes 04/21/08 - 08:52 am
Fire, I hear the theme from

Fire, I hear the theme from 'Jaws".

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 04/21/08 - 08:56 am
LOL eyes.

LOL
eyes.

mnm
mnm 04/21/08 - 08:57 am
Thanks ya'll. I win!!!!!!

Thanks ya'll. I win!!!!!! Loving life today!!!!

WHATDIDIDO
WHATDIDIDO 04/21/08 - 08:59 am
What we the taxpayers? Unless

What we the taxpayers? Unless you live in Va., you are not paying a penny.

sjones1
sjones1 04/21/08 - 09:06 am
Ryan B should not be on the

Ryan B should not be on the radio! :) - - the bike riders should be riding against traffice (i think) and Obama has a lot of supporters in PA!.

justthefacts
justthefacts 04/21/08 - 09:16 am
sjones, you missed on all

sjones, you missed on all three points(:

whatever1
whatever1 04/21/08 - 09:20 am
While I don't know anything

While I don't know anything about the MCDuffie county program above--what is up with all the work on Main Street--nice sidewalks and lights and nothing on Main Street to see unless you count the beauty shops and plywood covered windows on buildings. Also a by-pass to go around nothing. BUT we are letting the GSP post leave and go to Columbia county. WHY could we not try to save that????? I understand trying to improve the downtown area but no one has said anything about attracting business? Seems the only going to benefit is the commissioner who owns the company doing the work???? At least he is nice to look at while they work.

HOPE
HOPE 04/21/08 - 09:27 am
opec increasing oil output

opec increasing oil output will not help us. why? the top three oil companies ie; exxon, bp and shell posted their profits for last year at 100 billion not million but billion . thier excuse for not lowering prices at the pump's is that they still have not recovered from hurricane katrina b.s. . the president has publicly defended them. why? it is criminal for what the oil companies are doing. it is up to us to make them lower prices by lowering our consumption. america is broke thanks to our out going leadership. wake up america nobody is going to help us we are on our own. also why haven't the presedintal canidates addressed this and tell america what they will do to help us. the minimum wage workers and senior citizen's are the ones getting hit the hardest they have to choose between gas or medicine they need.

RollingEyes
RollingEyes 04/21/08 - 09:32 am
The sky is falling!

The sky is falling!

InChristLove
InChristLove 04/21/08 - 09:33 am
In Georgia, the bicycle is

In Georgia, the bicycle is legally a "vehicle" and means that general vehicular traffic law applies to the operation of a bicycle. "Every person operating a bicycle upon a roadway shall ride as near to the right side of the roadway as practicable, except when turning left or avoiding hazards" (mnm, that means you win, they ride with the flow of traffic). Bicycles are to use bike paths instead of roadway when designated.