Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

THIS IS A REPLY to the grandchild who wrote in about the grandparents having favorites. Maybe the favorites come to visit them, they call them, they send them thank-you cards when they get presents in the mail and they come around on days other than Christmas and their birthday, and they don't always have their hand out.

A RANT for all Republicans who are complaining about high gas prices, the economy, housing crisis, the job market and rising food costs. Don't complain now! You voted for George W. Bush ... now deal with it!!

THIS IS A RANT to the online bloggers. I recently read through the blogs one day last week, and I could not believe the amount of racism and bigotry on there. No wonder why people have said that you are wasting your time and not doing work.

RE: REP. PAUL BROUN: It's easy to understand Henry II's despair when he cried. "Who will rid me of this meddlesome priest (in our case, representative)?

HAVING RECENTLY moved here from south Florida I am astonished at the number of drivers I see every morning driving to work refusing to slow down and observe the reduced speed zones near our schools. Let's all take a time out and think about the potential tragedy waiting to happen when speeding through the school zones during drop off and pick up times.

IT APPEARS THE SPLOST con has caught taxpayers again, this time to build unneeded schools. Politicians pretend they need money, so they add on a tax called Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax. Problem is, the pols don't have a clue what that "special purpose" is until they get the money in their grubby fists. Only then do they hunt around and dig up a "use" for the money that never should have been gouged out of taxpayers in the first place.

RAVES TO WARDEN Victor Walker at the Augusta State Medical Prison along with Sgt. Alfred Cain, Mr. Armstrong of the ounce of prevention services program (OOPS), Alison Ramos and their team through the Georgia Department of Corrections Choose Freedom First program and the Department of Juvenile Justice.

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/20/08 - 05:10 am
A thought for the day:

A thought for the day: Richard L. Evans said, "Don't let life discourage you; everyone who got where he is had to begin where he was."

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 04/20/08 - 05:45 am
Racism can be found

Racism can be found throughout the posts on this forum. Most individuals have preconceived ideas about how groups think. Accusations of racism are more common. It's what many do when they can't deny a comment made that offends them. Not talking about differences and not trying to understand different points of views won't make them go away.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 04/20/08 - 05:48 am
I see someone doesn't

I see someone doesn't understand SPLOST. The purpose is specified and the money to be raised is dedicated before the tax is initiated. The community votes on the tax and its purpose.

EdithPiaf
EdithPiaf 04/20/08 - 05:56 am
Any of you ever get any money

Any of you ever get any money with a red stamp on it that says where's george?

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/20/08 - 06:11 am
Yup, Edith - It's a "game"

Yup, Edith - It's a "game" check out this site: http://www.wheresgeorge.com/

confederatelady319
confederatelady319 04/20/08 - 06:26 am
PTHS-Did you attend the

PTHS-Did you attend the Confederate Memorial service yesterday?

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/20/08 - 06:33 am
dbs - No, I was overcome by

dbs - No, I was overcome by events (and a dead battery) unfortunately.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 04/20/08 - 07:50 am
Go back to Florida you

Go back to Florida you whiner. Why should we slow down just because it's a school zone? We could probably hit those same kids at all of the other intersections we speed thru. What are you? Some kind of school lover....jeeeeeeeez

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 04/20/08 - 07:56 am
I wonder how long it took

I wonder how long it took that moron to figure out we were wasting our time and not working only if we were involved in racism and bigotry???

DoubleD
DoubleD 04/20/08 - 07:59 am
Who is the crack ker that is

Who is the crack ker that is accusing us of racism and bigotry? Probably another person who got their feelings hurt. Did you see the end of yesterday's Rants? This guy jasule75 called me out. I went to read some of his posts. The ones I could understand were all 100% hateful, constantly calling people idiots, and basically just didn't make a whole lot of sense. Another person who lashes out rather than show us he/she has any sense. If any of you run into Danica Patrick ask her why she never called me back after that night we were togeher. Good morning yall. Warning scarcasm coming up: Don't worry about the economy GW ruined for us, when Obama gets into office everything will be fixed overnight. All of our debts will be gone, and he will give us pay raises, free houses, and every crack head will have free healthcare and a home. Everything will be free. We won't have to worry about the falling dollar, because we won't need them. He will also make the sun start rotating around the moon and it will be permanent daytime in the U.S.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 04/20/08 - 08:00 am
Unneeded schools?

Unneeded schools? Bull............just too many students......move to a smaller county, dumb [filtered word]! See there is an answer for everything...

DoubleD
DoubleD 04/20/08 - 08:01 am
I'm still alive, April didn't

I'm still alive, April didn't come to find me when I said where I was. Maybe her parents put her in time out so she couldn' t come out to play?

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 04/20/08 - 08:03 am
Morning big old

Morning big old ninnys....Vote early & often...Barack will save us all!

DeborahElliott2
DeborahElliott2 04/20/08 - 08:05 am
To all Ranters, be lucky

To all Ranters, be lucky these people can only type out words, cause if you look at them, they may flip you the bird and have cleared their minds of all that hate for the moment when they take it out on you. Just get through your day safely ok?

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/20/08 - 08:15 am
DD - Woohoo! Nice start!

DD - Woohoo! Nice start! Let's roll....

DoubleD
DoubleD 04/20/08 - 08:19 am
What's scary is that given

What's scary is that given our choice of candidates, people are coming out of the closet to vote. The worst part is these new voters are the same people that Leno talks to on the street asking them simple questions like, "who is the vice president of the U.S?" So many of these people are absolutly clueless, but they'll vote for the next president because of color or becuase of sex. I'm not talking about all of their supporters, but all of the ones that will vote to make history.

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/20/08 - 08:20 am
April was busy last night

April was busy last night delivering cold (already opened) beers and shelling the bawld p-nuts for me while kneeling on the floor so I could watch Danica race without obstructions. I dunno what happened to either one of them after the victory lane celebration.

getalife
getalife 04/20/08 - 08:21 am
On the "were you spotted"

On the "were you spotted" pictures, the middle picture of the guy with his tongue out and his hand/fingers up, what type signal/symbol is this?

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 04/20/08 - 08:24 am
Who gives a crap about what

Who gives a crap about what Grand Mas say???????? Send them those sweet little thank you cards, call them on holidays, visit them really often...hopefully at the end...you'll be treated just like the rest based on what the original ranter wants. I say bury them now and we can split up there stuff before we go back to work on Monday and waste our time making racist remarks....

debby
debby 04/20/08 - 08:24 am
Does anyone have an empty

Does anyone have an empty back seat on thier motorcycle? I'll gladly put aside my plans of mowing the grass for a nice country ride in the sunshine.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 04/20/08 - 08:27 am
I might vote because of

I might vote because of sex...but not with any of the three current canidates...

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 04/20/08 - 08:27 am
I might vote because of

DoubleD
DoubleD 04/20/08 - 08:28 am
That depends debby, are you

That depends debby, are you hot or not?

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 04/20/08 - 08:30 am
Morning debby...If I were

Morning debby...If I were only 30 years younger, had a motorcycle, wasn't afraid to drive it, wasn't happily married, and wasn't confined by house arrest....I'd call you immediately!

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 04/20/08 - 08:31 am
What a silly question big old

What a silly question big old ninnys....all girls are hot!!!

DoubleD
DoubleD 04/20/08 - 08:34 am
l4PUTT, it is funny you

l4PUTT, it is funny you mentioned the married part. Some people feel it's okay to give a woman a ride when they are married. I think it's not. It's like the Pulp Fiction foot massage conversation. Yeah it doesn't mean a thing, but there is something going on there, you know it, she know's it and F'in Marcellus Wallace knew it. Here take notes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_r54_kSEyg

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 04/20/08 - 08:34 am
If they don't look hot, they

If they don't look hot, they will be when you ask that question...

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 04/20/08 - 08:36 am
Good morning alll. All is

Good morning alll. All is right with the world today for I think, therefore I am.

DoubleD
DoubleD 04/20/08 - 08:37 am
Would you give a guy a foot

Would you give a guy a foot massage? Would you give a guy a ride on a sunny day on your bike? There is the answer to if a married guy should do those things with another woman. I'm about to brush my teeth skip a shower LOL and go for a ride.

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 04/20/08 - 08:37 am
In Regards to the first

In Regards to the first "grandparent" RANT. Oh, so, in other words your LOVE is CONDITIONAL. That is you put CONDITIONS on how much you favor a particular grandchild.

Trinity on the Hill holds annual God and Country Celebration
On Sunday, Sgt. Jim Dover - along with 25 other World War II veterans - were recognized for their service at the annual God and Country Celebration at Trinity on the Hill United Methodist Church.