Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

THE AUGUSTA ENGINEERING Department said pedestrians have 27 seconds to cross 15th Street. That 27 seconds is to dodge cars since there is no set time for pedestrians to cross with no traffic. We need all traffic directions to stop for 27 seconds.

HOW LOW CAN YOU GO? Auctioning off James Brown's socks and underwear? Leave the man some dignity.

FOR ALL YOU LADIES WHO drive your SUVs and talk on a cell phone, this lady has had enough. From now on I won't avoid the accident due to your stupidity. Hope your insurance is up to date.

THANK YOU TO THE person who paid for my breakfast on April 1 at McDonald's on Highway 56. It was such a surprise when I went to pay and the young man handed me a smiley face card from Hebron Baptist Church. You made my day!

A RAVE FOR ALL Columbia County deputies! You guys ROCK!

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THANKS for the Richmond County Board of Transportation for getting the kids back and fourth to school every day safely!

A BLURB TELLS US: "Look for our in-depth special section previewing the 2008 Masters Tournament." Had to laugh! What's "deep" about grown men hitting little white balls with sticks?

I AM A MOTHER OF a student at Bungalow Road alternative school. I think it is unfair to the students when there are in line to be searched to enter the building and it goes past 7:25 a.m. The students are not allowed to eat breakfast. Some of the kids don't get to eat at home like others.

TO THOSE WHO LOOK DOWN on the ones out there on Sunday selling papers: I sell papers on Sunday on Wrightsboro Road. I am out there trying to make it. I hope when you all see us out there you don't think bad about us. We are trying to make it. I would just like to thank everyone who buys a Sunday paper from me and my daughter.

A RANT TO THE folks who, when driving up a hill, slow down to 10 mph instead of maintaining the posted speed. Step on the gas please!

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 04/17/08 - 05:29 pm
For those going to the game.

For those going to the game. I will be near the box office at 6:30ish. Bring your ones, it's dollar beer night. I bring, brang brunged the tickets and then we'll drink, drank, drunked.

YOUR PAPER LADY
YOUR PAPER LADY 04/17/08 - 05:32 pm
I use to work selling papers

I use to work selling papers theres nothing wrong with it.You meet a lot of nice people its a side job I use the money for my grandkids my daughter dosnt get help with the state I helped her with pampers or food. If your nice to people you make good tips. Its better then being on the corner for other reasons.

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/17/08 - 05:32 pm
AR - Wish I could make it -

AR - Wish I could make it - my son and I have to go fight (yes, sanctioned martial arts)

Phillippians
Phillippians 04/17/08 - 05:34 pm
This is a rave for Mrs.Marie

This is a rave for Mrs.Marie that works at Augusta Eye Center behind Doctors Hospital. She is such a blessing in the health field. Keep up the excellent work.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 04/17/08 - 05:46 pm
There will be others. I just

There will be others. I just wanted to get in a game before the temps hit 95.

tmptcd63
tmptcd63 04/17/08 - 09:02 pm
To the mother whose child

To the mother whose child misses breakfast due to having the daily safety check.... shouldn't you be more upset that there is a need to have a safety check prior to your child entering the school? What type of school is your child attending? That should be your greater concern. Here's a solution, why don't you wake your family up half an hour earlier than normal, this way you can FEED YOUR OWN CHILD like most of us do. To the lady making it by selling newspapers, I say good for you! PAW, this person may well have another job and needs additional income to make ends meet. Your assessment of their employment background is unwarranted. That said, I hope she is not the woman on the corner of Wrightsboro & Katherine in Grovetown.... that person has a toddler running around on that corner from early Sunday AM to Noon, not safe and she needs to find a better way to care for her child while she is working. I would hate to hear about an accident that could have been prevented.

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 04/17/08 - 09:12 pm
Just got in from refereeing 2

Just got in from refereeing 2 soccer games. Every one else must be at the greenjackets game. Oh well. Night all.

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 04/17/08 - 09:47 pm
I hope I can make a lunch or

I hope I can make a lunch or a get together!!

The Madame
The Madame 04/17/08 - 10:00 pm
Augusta_Resident I am so

Augusta_Resident I am so sorry that we couldn't make it, and I couldn't contact you either. Hubby and I were babysitting my parents' bussiness tonight, and duty called. We were on our way to columbia at gametime

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 04/17/08 - 10:21 pm

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 04/17/08 - 10:30 pm
Hellooooooooo

Hellooooooooo

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 04/17/08 - 10:33 pm

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 04/17/08 - 10:39 pm
NWR, no problem. I told you

NWR, no problem. I told you that if nobody shows up, there will be alot of happy kids. Rose and hubby came and KSL and hubby was there. We had fun. I'm just glad the weather was great. That was my only worry. I have more games ya'll can go to.

sneaky pete
sneaky pete 04/17/08 - 10:40 pm

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 04/17/08 - 10:42 pm

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 04/17/08 - 10:43 pm
Say goodnite Gracie

Say goodnite Gracie

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 04/17/08 - 10:46 pm
I'll try again Monday at

I'll try again Monday at Somewhere 12:00ish. If ya'll don't come. I'll still drink a couple beers and eat food. Luv Ya mean It

sneaky pete
sneaky pete 04/17/08 - 10:51 pm
Who's going to bed? I just

Who's going to bed? I just woke up!

Rose
Rose 04/17/08 - 11:02 pm
sneaky pete we missed you

sneaky pete we missed you tonight at the ball game

KSL
KSL 04/17/08 - 11:16 pm
We had fun, didn't we, Rose?

We had fun, didn't we, Rose?

KSL
KSL 04/17/08 - 11:17 pm
pete, Rambo couldn't make it

pete, Rambo couldn't make it to the game. It was after his bedtime.

sneaky pete
sneaky pete 04/17/08 - 11:29 pm
A baseball game sounds so

A baseball game sounds so good to me right now. I'd love to see one right now. The honest truth is I just can't. I want to.

sneaky pete
sneaky pete 04/17/08 - 11:30 pm
I'm not scared of Rambo...as

I'm not scared of Rambo...as long as he is locked up 50 miles from me. Hehe.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 04/17/08 - 11:33 pm
I'm thinking Rambo is a WMD.

I'm thinking Rambo is a WMD. no proof of his existance LOL. Good to see ya'll again Rose and Hubby. I hope ya'll had fun. By the way I think the Jackets won.

JohnQPublic
JohnQPublic 04/17/08 - 11:34 pm
I agree PAW, like the young

I agree PAW, like the young mother with her baby selling papers in the cold on Sunday morning in South Augusta.

sneaky pete
sneaky pete 04/17/08 - 11:36 pm
Rambo is real!!! I ain't

Rambo is real!!! I ain't skeered though. Not a bit. After all, every snake I know is a copper headed watter rattler. thanks Lewis.

KSL
KSL 04/17/08 - 11:59 pm
Augusta resident, I'm certain

Augusta resident, I'm certain Rose would be happy to send you a picture of Rambo. She sometimes carries him around in her handbag. Tonight she had his favorite purse with her. She assured us he wasn't in it.

sneaky pete
sneaky pete 04/18/08 - 12:55 am
Jake--I hope all is well with

Jake--I hope all is well with you. It was so good to meet you when I did. Whether or not I beat this thing, I am not scared. I am happy to have lived the life I have led. My little girl is turning into something that I couldn't imagine. In her, I have a mark in this world. So, to me, there is no way I can go now. I have to see the rest of her life unfold.

Faces of Survival: Breast Cancer Awareness Month series

Breast cancer has touched thousands of families across the Augusta area. In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October, The Au­gus­ta Chronicle will be featuring ...