Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

I'M NEW TO AUGUSTA, and I wish somebody would've warned me to put a cattle guard on the front of my truck to keep jaywalkers out of the way.

I LIVE IN GREEN MEADOWS and I'm ashamed for people to come up here on Green Meadows Drive because of all the bottles and trash and everything. It needs to be cleaned up.

CONGRATULATIONS FOR Rants & Raves. I'm quite sure it takes a lot of people's frustrations away by writing in what they don't like or do like, and therefore saves people from getting shot.

THE SUPERINTENDENT and members of the Jenkins County Board of Education must think that the citizens of Jenkins County are stupid.

A GIANT RAVE TO the very nice gentleman who stopped to change my flat tire April 5 when I was on my way to Wal-Mart. You were so kind; you gave me good advice on how I should get the tire fixed.

A RANT FOR THE DOT, State Patrol, Richmond County police or whoever is responsible for these big trucks on Highway 56, Mike Padgett Highway. They just high ball it up and down that road all the time. Someone needs to do something and slow these big trucks down.

TO THE WOMAN I saw poking her thumbnail into the ears of corn at the grocery store: Nobody wants to buy the corn that you have stuck your fingernail into and tossed back.

RANT FOR THE CLOSING of the Northwood and Riverridge exit/entrances. This is the first time in over 45 years this has happened. We resent it.

A RANT CONCERNING THE Avondale settlement. I was an employee there, and I believe the money should be split with the employees that lost their jobs.

DeborahElliott2
DeborahElliott2 04/15/08 - 02:41 am
Good grief, you really check

Good grief, you really check corn that way? You really ARE sick. You pull back the husk to check it instead of sticking a fingernail in it! You need to stick to buying frozen veggies!

NEone
NEone 04/15/08 - 02:45 am
"THE DOG PARK is not a good

"THE DOG PARK is not a good idea. I am old, can't walk very good and I sure don't need a dog jumping up on me, knocking me down." Maybe you should just stay out of the dog park and they won't jump on you.

NEone
NEone 04/15/08 - 02:46 am
You don't like the trash in

You don't like the trash in your neighborhood, then PICK IT UP!! How hard can it be?

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 04/15/08 - 04:18 am
Confining dogs to their

Confining dogs to their masters yards, cars and dog parks only would make it safer for the elderly to go everywhere else.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 04/15/08 - 04:21 am
Even newbies learn how to

Even newbies learn how to deal with jay walkers. If you hit them too hard they'll dent your car. At 15mph they almost always survive and your car doesn't get messy.

badrabbitt1
badrabbitt1 04/15/08 - 05:37 am
my yards messy n has papers

my yards messy n has papers everywhere from the dogs that need a park....when will somebody pickupmy trash ??

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/15/08 - 06:15 am
See?? That's what happens

See?? That's what happens when you "paper train" your pooch.

confederatelady319
confederatelady319 04/15/08 - 06:16 am
4/19/08 - Saturday, April

4/19/08 - Saturday, April 19th – Brigadier General E. Porter Alexander Camp #158 Confederate Memorial Day Service at 11:45 a.m. at Magnolia Cemetery. The Heritage March from the Confederate monument on Broad Street to Magnolia Cemetery starts at 11:00 a.m.
April is Confederate History Month. Please come join us.

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/15/08 - 06:20 am
dbs319 - Thank you for the

dbs319 - Thank you for the heads up. I'll see you there.

Goaliemom1987
Goaliemom1987 04/15/08 - 06:30 am
Northwood and Riverridge

Northwood and Riverridge exit/entrances... To what? the subdivisions? What is this ranter talking about?

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/15/08 - 06:32 am
On this date in history: In

On this date in history:

In 1861, U.S. President Abraham Lincoln sent Congress a message recognizing a state of war with the Southern states and calling for 75,000 volunteer soldiers.

In 1865, U.S. President Abraham Lincoln died of an assassin's bullet. Vice President Andrew Johnson was sworn in as chief executive.

PAW
PAW 04/15/08 - 06:33 am
Why do these backwards "Good

Why do these backwards "Good Ole Boys" in Augusta want to have things like a dog park. This is the reason Augusta is way behind the times. We need restaurants, better attractions and PRETTY WOMEN.

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/15/08 - 06:44 am
PAW - The "Good Ole Boys"

PAW - The "Good Ole Boys" exercise their dogs in the fields and woods while hunting. They don't need dawg parks. The women comment is too stupid to even comment on. Go buy yourself another jar of vaseline and a box of kleenex and enjoy the internet.

LadyCisback
LadyCisback 04/15/08 - 06:49 am
I am a pretty woman.. I am

I am a pretty woman.. I am not from around here..

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/15/08 - 06:53 am
Stale Corn Flakes PTHS? Go

Stale Corn Flakes PTHS? Go easy on PAW, you know those wild dogs knocked him down.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/15/08 - 06:54 am
I've never met a woman who

I've never met a woman who wasn't pretty, it's just that with some you have to look long and hard to find the beauty that's there! ( and for some of them I'm still looking!)

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/15/08 - 06:57 am
G'mornin CBBP - The close

G'mornin CBBP - The close inspections while looking is often the most fun. Take me and April for example....

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/15/08 - 06:59 am
How did that turn out?

How did that turn out?

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/15/08 - 07:16 am
She is as sweet as ever! When

She is as sweet as ever! When will the peaches be ready for harvest? Same time as the green peanuts?

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/15/08 - 07:16 am
CBBP - Oh, I wanted to ask

CBBP - Oh, I wanted to ask you. Is there a dog park in the bird-dog capitol of the world?

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/15/08 - 07:22 am
No, our dog owners here are

No, our dog owners here are responsible enough not to have more dog than they have yard to accomodate. Also while walking their dogs they have learned that should their dog leave something on someones property it will promptly be returned to the dog owners front door! As soon as the peanuts show up I'll be the first to let you know, it should be anytime now.

CSRAider
CSRAider 04/15/08 - 07:38 am
For the person on 25 or 56

For the person on 25 or 56 you are the danger. I bet your the one going just under the speed limit. Thats illeagal to slow poke.
To all Dog owners love your dog. If a dog craps in your yard thank him for the fertilizer.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 04/15/08 - 07:42 am
Thanks for the reminder PTHS,

Thanks for the reminder PTHS, I'm at the bottom of my jar.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/15/08 - 07:47 am
CSRAider I know for a fact

CSRAider I know for a fact most of those pulpwood and rock and gravel and chip trucks are running 75 to 80 with failing equipment(such as brakes), and what the dogs leave behind will not fertilize your lawn, but it will kill it! I get more than a little scared when I see someone hauling 20+ tons of rock at 80 mph while talking on a cell phone and swerving between two lanes of traffic, or logs beginning to slide off the back of a pulpwood truck at those same speeds, not to mention all the debris blowing off of and out of those same trucks!

426Hemi
426Hemi 04/15/08 - 07:59 am
Were you the one I tripped

Were you the one I tripped over after a dog knocked another old person into you? Geriatric obstacles!

GaMedic
GaMedic 04/15/08 - 08:07 am
This is just a little note to

This is just a little note to the driver in the blue Jeep Renegade behind me this mornin at the intersection of William Few and Washington Rd.,in the left turn lane. You know, I know and the rest of the drivers sitting at the intersection know you ran the red light this morning. I was already out in the intersection when the light changede from yellow to red and you were still behind the stop sign but you chose to run the red light and come out behind me. The light was RED AND YOU KNOW IT! and God knows it too.

No_Longer_Amazed
No_Longer_Amazed 04/15/08 - 08:24 am
CBBP: "I've never met a woman

CBBP: "I've never met a woman who wasn't pretty" - I guess that was after a Tarmini or two.

PlayaFace
PlayaFace 04/15/08 - 08:42 am
to the person on green

to the person on green meadows.... i dont like litter either.. thats why i get off my butt and go clean it up. people are never going to stop throwing trash out the windows and good luck on getting any government official to clean.. get off your butt and pick it up

TWright987
TWright987 04/15/08 - 08:59 am
Picking up trash in my

Picking up trash in my neighborhood is fine, I don't mind that at all, what I do have a problem with.... In Haverhill.... is all the yards I have to drive past that look like Sanford and Son to get home. It is embarrassing to have somebody come to my home, and see my neighbors yards, when I take care of my property. Have they no pride?

EdithPiaf
EdithPiaf 04/15/08 - 09:01 am
CBBP~~~~~~ Hey I will throw

CBBP~~~~~~ Hey I will throw in full tanks of gas (for the Harleys) along with the beer and BBQ'd food....