Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

AM I THE ONLY ONE who knows what a turn signal is in the CSRA?

MAYBE TED TURNER IS finally beginning to grow up, by giving lots of money to some churches to fight malaria. Alas, he still hasn't figured out that a church's job is not malaria fighting, but spreading the Gospel of Christ. Maybe he will learn. We can pray.

A BIG RAVE FOR the good person who turned my purse in at Lowe's in Evans.

THIS IS THE 40th anniversary of MLK's assassination. It is a pity that 40 years and the progress is about 40 percent of what he wanted. It is sad, and as a father of four daughters and grandfather of two that I cannot look my kids in the eye and say things are better for you.

I WAS READING in the paper about those children in Waycross plotting against their teacher. Those children should be removed from society. Do something now before someone else gets hurt.

THE RANT ABOUT the Pre-K program being a day-care service must have been an April Fool's Day joke or written out of complete ignorance. Apparently, the author wasn't lucky enough to get his or her kid in a pre-kindergarten program through the lottery and had to be put on a waiting list.

I USED TO READ the paper and enjoy it. Now it takes about five minutes. They also must be ashamed of the editorial page, to stick it way to the back pages. As usual, this won't be printed.

A RAVE FOR TIMOTHY COX. You are a wonderful writer that makes a difference in people's lives. I commend you for a superb job. Keep up the good work.

PLEASE FIX THE RAILROAD on River Watch Parkway near the Pilot station.

WHEN YOU OPEN THE dog park move the golf statues there. The dogs will enjoy them better than any fire plug.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 04/14/08 - 12:54 am
Mornin Ya'll

Mornin Ya'll

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 04/14/08 - 12:55 am
I call a turn signal a

I call a turn signal a blinker.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 04/14/08 - 12:56 am
A rave to my car that knows

A rave to my car that knows it's way home.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 04/14/08 - 01:02 am
OK let's try this again.

OK let's try this again. Lunch at Somewherein Augusta. Let's say 12ish.

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 04/14/08 - 02:27 am
I'm going BACK to sleep.

I'm going BACK to sleep.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 04/14/08 - 03:10 am
A turn signal is a good idea,

A turn signal is a good idea, but only a fool would trust one.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 04/14/08 - 03:19 am
MLKs death gave us Jesse

MLKs death gave us Jesse Jackson who turned the message into one of victimology and extortion. The left stepped in and added dependence in their vote buying scheme. While the opportunities are much better, life for all that fell for the false message, and their descendents, is the path to 2nd class citizenship and all that implies.

gijoe7898
gijoe7898 04/14/08 - 03:34 am
When will the media call

When will the media call Jesse Jackson on his strong arm tactics? You know, he says he was covered in MLK's blood from the killing. His black boycot threats to corporations extort contributions and resulted in his son getting a lucrative beverage distributorship. Now he's after the FCC to give free "minority" programming on 20% of the satellite channels in return for his support of Sirius/XM merger. Who knew racial fear mongering was profitable.

wildman
wildman 04/14/08 - 04:43 am
A RANT to the idiot Richmond

A RANT to the idiot Richmond Co. Deputy (bald and fat) on Heath Drive who was hired by one of the VIP companies. Just so you know you dumb_ _ _ it's a public road, they do not own it. Next time you should try making everyone play the same rules

wildman
wildman 04/14/08 - 04:43 am
A RANT to the idiot Richmond

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 04/14/08 - 05:10 am
patriciathomas. Please

patriciathomas. Please enlighten me to your comment "A turn signal is a good idea, but only a fool would trust one". This I gotta see.

debby
debby 04/14/08 - 05:16 am
When I see a blinking turn

When I see a blinking turn signal, it only mean that the blinker works, not that the driver is actually turning. Never depend on someone's turn signal when pulling out in traffic. You may just get hit.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 04/14/08 - 06:20 am
angie1961, I have no idea how

angie1961, I have no idea how to enlighten you, but debby gave you all necessary information on this subject.

pantherluvcik
pantherluvcik 04/14/08 - 06:29 am
patriciathomas who is a 2nd

patriciathomas who is a 2nd class citizen, I hope you're referring to you and your decendants. gijoe what in the h@ll are you talking about. Every citizen in this country has a right to stand up for whatever they believe in, why can't Jesse Jackson? And I hope you don't believe that black people are stupid enough to follow Jesse blindly into a boycot of anything that he chooses. Nobody backs him unless there is an issue that should be backed that involves an act of racism.

dhd1108
dhd1108 04/14/08 - 06:48 am
uncle bs i feel your pain.

uncle bs i feel your pain. the national hills shopping center decided to gate off every entreance and exit, allowing only rich old white farts and the occasional truck full of pimiento cheese sammiches through. of course this inconvenienced most of the national hills neighborhood residents..
thumbs down to the nose up crew

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 04/14/08 - 06:56 am
pantherluvcik, all 2nd class

pantherluvcik, all 2nd class citizens are 2nd class. It's a matter of choice. No, knowledgeable people don't follow Jesse. He has no redeeming features. Why would we.

kiddspur
kiddspur 04/14/08 - 06:59 am
Attention -- "Everyone be

Attention -- "Everyone be sure brain is in gear before putting fingers to keyboard to type today!" -- This includes all of us on here Angie1961.

LadyCisback
LadyCisback 04/14/08 - 07:00 am
Always whining and

Always whining and complaining.. Life is better for everyone. It's the individual that chooses to continue to live with the mentality of the past and keep blaming it for today. Get over it!!!..

JohnQPublic
JohnQPublic 04/14/08 - 07:01 am
Most young blacks have no

Most young blacks have no clue about the civil rights movement. Go ahead ask them about it.. They don't know.
The lady's children and grandchildren have no clue because folks have "rested on their meager laurels" and have not taught the following two generations about the movement and what folks went through. That's why there has been no progress. Instead the kids have concentrated on how to disrepect women through rap and how to be a gangsta and wear pants that are so big they look like they are walking on their knees, and how to "have a baby for my boo".

shivas
shivas 04/14/08 - 07:01 am
Knowledable people follow

Knowledable people follow Bush, Limbaugh, Coulter, Hannity, O'Reilly, et al. Look where all this knowledge following has led us. Don't we all feel like first class citizens? We should all feel like Citizen Number 1, especially when the govt. listens to our phone calls, and we no longer have privacy rights. I am a good citizen, I am a good ctizen, I am a good citizen.........

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/14/08 - 07:06 am
Are you convinced yet?

Are you convinced yet?

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/14/08 - 07:07 am
dang y'all ..... where is

dang y'all ..... where is CBBP with the doughnuts?

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/14/08 - 07:08 am
Ahhh - there you are

Ahhh - there you are

EdithPiaf
EdithPiaf 04/14/08 - 07:09 am
Have any of you ever dealt

Have any of you ever dealt with small claims court in Augusta or North augusta? I want to sue a co-worker that owes me some money.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 04/14/08 - 07:13 am
shivas, knowledgeable people

shivas, knowledgeable people also follow Walter Williams, Sowell, Elder, Herman Cain, and many other well informed people. And they're not offended when people say they do.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/14/08 - 07:14 am
Just go to the court offices

Just go to the court offices file the claim, they then are informed of a hearing date and time. Good Luck collecting if you get the judgement in your favor. I have two in my favor and never got a dime collected.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 04/14/08 - 07:15 am
EdithPiaf, if you have

EdithPiaf, if you have documented proof the co-worker owes you money, any lawyer can help you get your money back for a minimal fee.

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/14/08 - 07:22 am
Three Rednecks were working

Three Rednecks were working up on a cell phone tower:

Cooter, Ronnie and Donnie.

As they start their descent Cooter slips,

Falls off the tower and is killed instantly.

As the ambulance takes the body away,

Ronnie says, 'Well, damn, someone
Should go and tell his wife.'

Donnie says, 'OK, I'm pretty good at that
Sensitive stuff, I'll do it.

'Two hours later, he comes back carrying a
Case of Budweiser.

Ronnie says,
'Where did you get that beer, Donnie?' '

Cooter's wife gave it to me,' Ronnie replies.

'That's unbelievable, you told the lady her husband was dead and she gave you beer?'

Well, not exactly', Donnie says.

'When she answered the door,

I said to her, you must be Cooter's widow'.'

She said, 'You must be mistaken, I'm not a widow.'

Then I said 'I'll bet you a case of
Budweiser you are.'

namaste
namaste 04/14/08 - 07:24 am
lol ah ha...good one

lol ah ha...good one pths...have a good day everyone.

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/14/08 - 07:28 am
(apologies to CBBP for

(apologies to CBBP for stealing his joke)