Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

A HUGE RAVE TO THE fifth-graders at South Columbia Elementary. Your play performance of Hamlet was wonderful. All those months of hard work paid off. You should be proud. Also, a big thank-you those who helped make this possible.

YOUR AP STORY CALLED Stonehenge "Some of England's most sacred soil." What's sacred about a pagan rock pile?

SECRETARY RICE AGAIN is "threatening" Israel if it doesn't follow the dictates of the U.S. Rice needs firing, and immediately.

THE GEORGIA SUPREME COURT upheld the conviction of Charles Lee Bowman, who did his murdering 17 years ago. What kind of "justice" system takes 17 years to get a confessed murderer completely convicted?

AUGUSTA GETS $11,000 (U.S. taxpayer money) to study Harrisburg?

Is it up to Oregon taxpayers to pay to study a section of Augusta, Ga.? Is it up to taxpayers from Kansas? From Florida even? No wonder Washington, D.C., can't balance a budget.

DO WE NOW HAVE TO hear about James Brown's vasectomy for the next who knows how long? Would the media PLEASE take better responsibility for what they print? Would you like YOUR most personal info out there for the whole world?

TO THE IMPATIENT JERK at the gas station: I hope it made you feel better Saturday when you blocked my 65-year-old mother and my aunt in at the gas pumps because you thought my Mom took to long to pay for her gas. I hope it made you feel more like a man to make them sit in their car while you pumped and paid for your gas. Oh, by the way, they had just left the hospital, where my aunt had just lost her husband.

TO THE IDIOT RANTING about the Pre-K Program in Columbia County. Their Pre-K program is not a baby-sitting service. Those children go through school activities all day long. They don't just sit there and play and watch TV. I am a mother of a 6-year-old and I say their program is excellent and it helped my son out a lot.

gnx
gnx 04/11/08 - 01:11 am
What happened to the good old

What happened to the good old days before public kindergarten when we all had to pay for our children to attend if we wanted them to have that experience? I say if there aren't enough spaces available in Columbia County's programs for ALL kids then they need to start filling spaces by taking the children from families with the lowest incomes first as they are most likely the ones who need it the most. If that means busing the little ones over to Blue Ridge, or any other program on that side of the county, from Harlem then by all means do so. I cannot believe I hear so much whining about this program, especially from parents who have sufficient income to pay for private kindergarten.

jrdsgirl
jrdsgirl 04/11/08 - 04:04 am
To the person ranting about

To the person ranting about the Stonehenge special.... hello, your ignorance is showing. Your religion/beliefs is NOT the only one that is allowed to consider their relics sacred. As a Christian, comments like yours make me cringe, because some reading your post will assume you are Christian and see the "devil" in everything outside of what you consider acceptable in your little, narrow minded world.

DoubleD
DoubleD 04/11/08 - 04:38 am
Ha Ha Ha! Yesterday I had

Ha Ha Ha! Yesterday I had just come off of a 24hr+ shift. I fell asleep before revealing that I was joking about the old lady. The whole experience was made up. I always pay at the pump.lol For those of you who know me, I'm glad I gave you a good laugh. For those that don't and believed it...well, I don't know what to say, I'm sorry kinda almost?

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/11/08 - 04:57 am
DD - G'morning - Allow me

DD - G'morning - Allow me start the tournament today - - A little girl asked her Mother, 'How did the human race appear?'
The Mother answered, 'God made Adam and Eve, and they had children, so
all mankind was made.'
Two days later the girl asked her Father the same question.
The father answered, 'Many years ago there were monkeys from which
the human race evolved.'
The confused little girl returned to her Mother and said, 'Mom, how is
it possible, you told me the human race was created by God, and Dad
said they developed from monkeys?'
The mother answered, 'Well, dear, it is very simple. I told you about
my side of the family and your Father told you about his.

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/11/08 - 04:58 am
Now the first one of y'all

Now the first one of y'all that makes a Sen Obama joke .....

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 04/11/08 - 05:55 am
PTHS, someone already made a

PTHS, someone already made a B.O. joke. The next one will be the second ... I'm guessing the first one will be removed because of policy violation.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 04/11/08 - 05:57 am
DD, genius' fell for your

DD, genius' fell for your little humorous story all day long. The color maroon comes to mind. I often have trouble maintaining my humble pov when reading some of these comments.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 04/11/08 - 05:59 am
I wonder about the comment

I wonder about the comment about Sec. Rice. Do you reckon it was made by a government school graduate?

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/11/08 - 06:05 am
PT - g'mornin - The Rae's

PT - g'mornin - The Rae's Creek p-nut stand has been shut down due to fog concerns. I'm wondering what kind of mischief we can get into today? Any ideas?

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/11/08 - 06:06 am
Oh yah - they shut down our

Oh yah - they shut down our parking lot to course shuttle biz too .... spoilsports.

areyoukidding
areyoukidding 04/11/08 - 06:23 am
Did any of you ---- morons

Did any of you ---- morons consider the poor woman so grateful someone paid for her gas may have believed all that bs. She probably is worried sick she took someone's money by mistake. PT I would not be calling anyone a moron after your Barry Fleming slander. Talk about morons. God help me, why do I read this self important pat myself on the back for my superiority and how funny I am bs from a pack of hyenas every morning.

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/11/08 - 06:27 am
areyoukidding - I think your

areyoukidding - I think your question is best answered by you and your therapist. Sorry, I can't help with that one. G'morning to you too!

areyoukidding
areyoukidding 04/11/08 - 06:30 am
Definitions of narcissistic

Definitions of narcissistic personality on the Web:

personality marked by self-love and self-absorption; unrealistic views about your own qualities and little regard for others

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 04/11/08 - 06:34 am

thank you areyoukidding for pointing out my mistake. I too noted it when I made it. Do you recall the apology? I know I'm not perfect, I just appear that way when compared to posters like you. I try to stay my usual humble self, but you really make it difficult.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 04/11/08 - 06:39 am
Someone doesn't know the

Someone doesn't know the definition of sacred.

shivas
shivas 04/11/08 - 07:07 am
I agree patriciathomas. Too

I agree patriciathomas. Too many of these religious fanatics in the right-wing have destroyed the meaning of sacred. I would not describe you as narcissistic, but rather the victim of overcompensation.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 04/11/08 - 07:19 am
lol, I knew I was a victim.

lol, I knew I was a victim.

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/11/08 - 07:19 am
LOL shivas, this is getting

LOL shivas, this is getting good. Did you read the story about the review of The Patch today? It's worth checking out in my not so humble narcissistic opinion.

LadyCisback
LadyCisback 04/11/08 - 07:28 am
As always.. you people are

As always.. you people are feisty this morning!!!

426Hemi
426Hemi 04/11/08 - 07:33 am
Dig deep into the roots of

Dig deep into the roots of christian history, and you'll find your beloved religion topsy-turvy; full of fanatisism, fear, intolerance of non-christians, etc., etc. The list goes on, and on. This religion was contrived from Pagan beginnings, and twisted to dupe the populace into "conforming" to this garbage. Spew your venom elsewhere! Oh, and dinosaurs didn't walk the earth tens of millions of years ago either. OK...

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 04/11/08 - 07:37 am
426Hemi, see PTHS' 4:57am

426Hemi, see PTHS' 4:57am post.

pursesshoes all day
pursesshoes all day 04/11/08 - 07:42 am
hey patricia thomas you seem

hey patricia thomas you seem tyo be fair minded,level headed and speak from the heart can you please settle an argument going on for the last 3 hours?.

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 04/11/08 - 07:42 am
How come all that is sacred

How come all that is sacred and holy is in italics today?

pursesshoes all day
pursesshoes all day 04/11/08 - 07:49 am
this may be off the

this may be off the conversation you all are having , but, does any one agree that dog the bounty hunter needs to take another chance and go kidnap that marine(Cesar Lorean)? i also think that his wife is a big part of the whole thing , they should both go to jail , they killed that girl and her baby(which was his baby)i am wayyyyy disgusted with the mexican people who are talking all that extradition crap

PlayaFace
PlayaFace 04/11/08 - 07:51 am
"the only soul a man must

"the only soul a man must save is his own"

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/11/08 - 07:53 am
The pitiful excuse and

The pitiful excuse and disgrace of The Marine Corps is in custody without Dog's help.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 04/11/08 - 07:58 am
Mexican extradition is always

Mexican extradition is always a pain in Americas gluteus. The Marine and his wife will be prosecuted....next year.

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/11/08 - 08:03 am
That's reality, it can't be

That's reality, it can't be helped. At least that douchebag is off the streets (outta the fields)

karmakills123
karmakills123 04/11/08 - 08:05 am
Morning all !!! I have been

Morning all !!! I have been to Stonhenge and and have some awsome photos..........and now I am off to see a little golf through the fog......

saintlover
saintlover 04/11/08 - 08:09 am
The Pope and Hillary Clinton

The Pope and Hillary Clinton were on a stage together in front of a huge
crowd. However, both of them have been in front of crowds before, so, to
make this time more interesting, Hillary said to the Pope, 'Did you know
that with just one little wave of my hand I can make every Democrat in
the crowd go wild?'

He said, 'Really! Show me.'

She waved. Sure enough, every Democrat in the crowd cheered wildly. The
cheering then subsided as quickly as it started.

The Pope, not to be outdone by such arrogance, thought about what he
could do to answer her stunt. "That was impressive," the Pope said, "But
did you know that with just one little wave of my hand I can make almost
every person in this country go crazy with joy? What's more, this joy
will not be a momentary display like that of your people, but will go
deep into their hearts. They will forever speak of this day, and they
will rejoice."

The senator doubted this, of course, and said with a smirk, "One little
wave of your hand and all people will rejoice forever? Show me."

So the Pope slapped her.