Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

Mustapha Tunkara with MSD Visual levels a wayfinding sign at the corner of 10th and Broad Street early Friday morning April 4, 2008. The city of Augusta is putting several signs downtown to help tourists just in time for the Masters golf tournament. . Annette M. Drowlette/staff

IF JAMES BROWN actually said his vasectomy was painless (Augusta Chronicle , 03-29-08), then he didn't have one!

PLEASE PRINT THE NAMES of the Coliseum Authority members, the government official who appointed them and the length of their appointment. Pictures of them also would be helpful. I would like to know who these clowns are.

A RANT TO THE MOM who complained about her daughter getting pulled over for going 10 mph on Furys Ferry. I am not even going to mention the numerous reasons why you should be glad this officer pulled your daughter over.

ENOUGH ABOUT THE dog park already! My wife, dog and I have been there on several occasions now and seen not one other human or dog there. Where are all of these people that are so upset about the dogs?

HOW HARD CAN THE JOB at the Civic Center be? It seems all you have to be able to do is answer the phone and learn how to say "no" to every form of entertainment that would like to come here to Augusta.

IT IS AMAZING! The Democrats want us to elect them to make the rules for our country, when after being a political party for years they cannot even make rules to run a successful presidential nomination selection process.

A BIG RANT TO THE churches in Augusta that refuse to take disciplinary action against their pastors for misconduct but punish the young ladies instead.

YES, WE HAVE SOME pitiful help in a lot of part-time workers. They act like they don't really care for the work they promised to do just because they don't get benefits. I fear for their work ethic and morals when they can get a so-called real job in the future. And a big rave for that special scanner for the maintenance workers that are catching the cheaters of work time in the Board of Education. It's too bad that it had to come to such a device to cut down on such bad workers.

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/05/08 - 03:51 am
I'm pretty confident that Mr

I'm pretty confident that Mr Brown could have been "medicated" enough to feel no pain.

WHATDIDIDO
WHATDIDIDO 04/05/08 - 06:24 am
Read some time, and you will

Read some time, and you will be able to learn, who all your elected officals are.

WHATDIDIDO
WHATDIDIDO 04/05/08 - 06:26 am
Maybe the Democrats have more

Maybe the Democrats have more quality choices than the Republicans. I guess we will see soon enough.

christian134
christian134 04/05/08 - 06:28 am
And good rainy morning to

And good rainy morning to everyone...Hey Hypo and PTHS.....:-)

PlayaFace
PlayaFace 04/05/08 - 06:47 am
ron white last night was

ron white last night was amazing. my cheeks started hurting from laughing so hard. the concession lines were a bit ridiculous though. 3 people working the alcohol stand with 500 people waiting to get alcohol.

udontknowwholestory
udontknowwholestory 04/05/08 - 07:00 am
Man, it's good to wake up, be

Man, it's good to wake up, be smoke free for 172 days, smell the coffee brewing, hear the rain outside and to look forward to a nice lazy day..........God Bless ")

christian134
christian134 04/05/08 - 07:12 am
Hey that's great

Hey that's great juzwonderin...keep it up....I am so very happy I was able to kick the habit.....I think I managed to buy up every jolly rancher around.....It is good to be able to smell again...:-)

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 04/05/08 - 07:14 am
Got any DUCKS?

Got any DUCKS?

udontknowwholestory
udontknowwholestory 04/05/08 - 07:18 am
Thank you! :) I think I

Thank you! :) I think I bought up every lifesaver wintermint candy.....lol. Yes, it's wonderful to be able to smell again........never realized how bad walking by someone who has just smoked smelled though. But, hopefully, they too, will find the will power to quit......it CAN be done. Christian, you have a wonderful and blessed day :)

christian134
christian134 04/05/08 - 07:19 am
Thanks juzwonderin you have

Thanks juzwonderin you have the same......:-)

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 04/05/08 - 07:44 am
You can tell who the quality

You can tell who the quality Dems are by how quickly they're thrown out of the party. Leiberman, Miller, .....

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 04/05/08 - 07:47 am
Congratz, juzwonderin. It's

Congratz, juzwonderin. It's always good to hear of someone overcoming the horrible addiction. I quit so long ago I don't remember the effort involved,(35yrs) but have been glad every day since.

PTHS2
PTHS2 04/05/08 - 07:49 am
playa - In ref to your beer

playa - In ref to your beer line observation. Thanks once again to the CA staff for the wonderful planning. Who would have ever thought that folks at a Ron White concert might want a cold one or three on a Friday night before a week off?

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 04/05/08 - 07:50 am
How can you take your dog to

How can you take your dog to the doggie park when none has been designated? Is it legal walking your dog in the botanical garden? How in touch are you with what's happening in Augusta?

WHATDIDIDO
WHATDIDIDO 04/05/08 - 07:55 am
What's your point? The

What's your point? The Republicans allow their scums to go around the country and get paid to give their feel good speeches. Can you say North and Newt. The pride of the Republican party.

udontknowwholestory
udontknowwholestory 04/05/08 - 08:13 am
Thanks Patricia! It's

Thanks Patricia! It's something I chose to do, and although, I've had my moments, I will continue to be smoke free from here on out......

udontknowwholestory
udontknowwholestory 04/05/08 - 08:14 am
I have been quit for 5

I have been quit for 5 Months, 2 Weeks, 5 Days, 17 hours, 29 minutes and 9 seconds (172 days). I have saved $420.55 by not smoking 3,434 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Week, 4 Days, 22 hours and 10 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 10/16/2007 3:45 PM

twotall5
twotall5 04/05/08 - 08:15 am
Way to go Lakeside baseball

Way to go Lakeside baseball team. You beat Greenbrier without any hits if the SMALL stats in the paper.

kiddspur
kiddspur 04/05/08 - 08:21 am
angie1961 keep your ducks off

angie1961 keep your ducks off the I-20, I might run over them while playing in the traffic -- have a good day -- you have been missed the last couple of days!!!!

jack
jack 04/05/08 - 08:46 am
To the ranter about local

To the ranter about local churches pastorial misconduct. Don't be broad-brushing all the fine churches in this area because of one or two incidents. If the girls were wronged, they can sue in open court.

jack
jack 04/05/08 - 08:48 am
Hypocrat, you are rightt abut

Hypocrat, you are rightt abut reading to find out abut our elected officials. Evidently you don't follow your own advice when you talk about "quality" in the DIMocRAT Party, especially the two clowns performing for us now.

jack
jack 04/05/08 - 08:50 am
Angie, am in my duck blind

Angie, am in my duck blind just off my patio :-)

kiddspur
kiddspur 04/05/08 - 08:55 am
juzwonderin - a big congrats

juzwonderin - a big congrats on quitting smoking -- I stopped 43 years ago and look at all the money I had to do other things.

KSL
KSL 04/05/08 - 09:13 am
I'm all for the rain, but it

I'm all for the rain, but it did knock me out of doing something very special to me today. Timing is everything!

jancee1
jancee1 04/05/08 - 09:16 am
What will it take for people

What will it take for people to follow the rules for driving in the rain? A massive wreck with critical injuries and death???? People....it's a STATE LAW that you have your headlights ON when you have your windshiled wipers on. That means....if it's rainy enough to use your wipers...your lights should be ON. Why is this so hard tro remember? It's only common sense....if bvisibility is lowered because of fog or rain, you need your headlights ON so others can see YOU. Please....please.....turn your headlights on when it's raining. You don't want to cause a wreck or be in one. It's simple. And...use your headlights...NOT your parking lights. Those are for parking...they are NOT running lights...and NOT meant to be used while driving.

KSL
KSL 04/05/08 - 09:21 am
I had a friend my freshman

I had a friend my freshman year in college who tried to get me to start smoking right at the end of the last semester. I can't remember if I bought that second pack or just one. (1966). My NY grandparents were going to accompany me back to Georgia in a car I had inherited from my aunt. One word from my grandfather telling me not to smoke was enough. I wish I had all of the money I have saved!!

griesella
griesella 04/05/08 - 09:25 am
jancee..I am laughing so hard

jancee..I am laughing so hard it hurts. It is evident that thesee jerks who are driving around with no lights don't care about all that. If they think you want them to turn on the lights, they will leave them off just for spite. I have had them look me in the face, sneer, and drive off laughing, (sitting down so low in the seat that they peer through the steering wheel and can only see the tip of their hood) and sneering about what a jerk YOU are. That's life in the present state.

PlayaFace
PlayaFace 04/05/08 - 09:46 am
i just love how 90% of this

i just love how 90% of this town forgets how to drive as soon as one raindrop hits their windshield. in the past 3 days i have seen 4 wrecks due to traffic and rain. there was a bad one at furrys ferry and washington this morning. front end of the camero was gone and the passenger side of the camry was where the drivers side is suppossed to be. nasty.

kiddspur
kiddspur 04/05/08 - 09:49 am
PlayaFace - you be careful

PlayaFace - you be careful out there also - people think rain means to speed up 10-15 miles per hour -- I have seen them go plumb crazy when it rains....Have a good day and make Ozzie behave!!!

PlayaFace
PlayaFace 04/05/08 - 09:58 am
ozzie got up on the bathroom

ozzie got up on the bathroom counter yesterday when i was at the ron white show.. took every one of my hair-bands and head-bands out of the basket where i keep them and threw them all over the apartment... they were everywhere.. then when i got home he just looked at me like "i didnt do it"

Mayor's race historic, controversial

Hardie Davis is still waiting to take office after winning a mayoral race that featured no white candidates and saw one of his opponents drop out the day before the election.