Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

TO THE PERSON ranting against the leash law for cats, I've got cat paw tracks all over my car and I don't own a cat. Case closed.

A RANT against the AP for not telling the public the party affiliation of the Detroit mayor and the governor, like they do with others.

TO THE PERSON in North Augusta complaining about the "ugly stadium" and not wanting to see the lights or hear the noise. Has it occurred to you that people may not want to see your "ugly house" disturb the beauty and wildlife of the river either.

IF MRS. CLINTON'S latest lie to the public about being under fire when she arrived in Bosnia doesn't clue in America about the arrogance of this political family then we will get what we deserve if she is elected.

RAVES TO THE Columbia County Sheriff's Office for their leadership in making their accident and incident reports accessible to the public.

THEY NEED TO PLACE limitations on man's greed.

HAD THE BUSH-HATERS and anti-war Democrat lefties kept their mouths shut, the Iraq war would have been over two years ago and hundreds of America's youth would not have been injured or killed. And gas would not be $3 a gallon

A RANT FOR THE PEOPLE who stand in line at food places for 5-10 minutes and then have to decide what they want to order. Surely in that length of time they could have some idea of what they want. What were they doing all this time?

HEY, INTEREST RATES on savings will be going down. Probably have to withdraw those pitiful accounts anyway to afford $4 gas, $4 milk and $1.65 white bread. But watch out, those gas credit cards aren't going to cut usurious interest rates until they're forced to by law, or Hell freezes over, whichever comes first.

HUGE RAVE for Chief Meteorologist Jeff Rucker on NBC AUGUSTA. He came on and stayed on until all of the area was in the clear. Thank you for your hard work last weekend and always.

I READ THAT THE buying power of a dollar dropped 11 percent from last September, Boy! We're going broke fast. And why? Because Bush and the Federal Reserve keep stealing from all of us.

PTHS2
PTHS2 03/30/08 - 04:54 am
Ahhh - It's nice to be able

Ahhh - It's nice to be able to breathe this morning. A RAVE for the rain. G'mornin y'all!

crackerjack
crackerjack 03/30/08 - 04:59 am
Good MorningPTHS, And

Good MorningPTHS, And Remember,
Everyday Above Ground, Is A Good Day!

saintlover
saintlover 03/30/08 - 05:27 am
Hay guys, I am starting to

Hay guys, I am starting to look forward to you every morning...

saintlover
saintlover 03/30/08 - 05:34 am
Gooooood Morning!

Gooooood Morning!

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 03/30/08 - 05:46 am
Good morning all. No rain in

Good morning all. No rain in Savanna, but the pollen isn't nearly as bad either. The clean air of Augusta was a welcome relief.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 03/30/08 - 05:48 am
The crazy verbal creations of

The crazy verbal creations of Mrs Clinton have been on display since the early '70s. I hope her latest gaff was enough to get even the most dedicated headline reader to take a closer look. This person is a sociopath.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 03/30/08 - 05:50 am
There are limitations on mans

There are limitations on mans greed. It's the interpretations of what greed is that seems to have no limits.

PTHS2
PTHS2 03/30/08 - 05:53 am
Glad you had a safe trip PT

Glad you had a safe trip PT

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 03/30/08 - 05:58 am
I would say that anyone that

I would say that anyone that stands in line 5-10 minutes for fast food probably isn't that bright to begin with, so it's not surprising that they wouldn't be ready when it's their time to order. Things like concentration or memory probably aren't high on their wish list.

He_Who_Must_Not_Be_Named
He_Who_Must_Not_Be_Named 03/30/08 - 06:20 am
Why is everybody in the CSRA

Why is everybody in the CSRA in love with Jeff Rucker? He gets paid to predict the weather and he does it....wow. Should I contact the queen and arrange for him to be knighted or would it be more appropriate to petition the Pope to make him a saint?

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 03/30/08 - 06:21 am
When Bush leaves office next

When Bush leaves office next January (contrary to most Democrat speeches) and gives an orderly turn over to the next occupant of the white house(no sabotaged equipment, no missing files, no missing silver ware) there will at last be peace on earth. All Americans will become financially independent and all troubles, both personal and international, will be instantly solved. The entire European elite will once again be enamored with all things American and those nasty warts on the back of your hand will disappear. Or, at least, according to the AP, all Democrat speeches, Democrat comments for the last 7 years, and postings by the myrmidons that buy all of that pooh.

saintlover
saintlover 03/30/08 - 06:23 am
Don't get me started on the

Don't get me started on the stadium issue... why leave Lake Olmstead? I was a season ticket holder, quit when they started this!! Leave the stadium where it is, it's not like it's full.

PTHS2
PTHS2 03/30/08 - 06:24 am
lololol PT - oh boy - no

lololol PT - oh boy - no biscuits for you this morning!

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 03/30/08 - 06:24 am
Thanks PTHS. I took the four

Thanks PTHS. I took the four lane all the way to Savanna. It was great. No town from Miilen to Rincon, just smooth new hi-way with almost no traffic. Does anyone know this road is complete?

PTHS2
PTHS2 03/30/08 - 06:26 am
PT - Wow, thanks for the road

PT - Wow, thanks for the road report. The last time I tried it the construction was a killer. I've been going via Statesboro. I'll have to give it another try.

PTHS2
PTHS2 03/30/08 - 06:32 am
Oh, and I hope you kept your

Oh, and I hope you kept your cruise control set at 10mph and stayed in the right lane except to pass then used your turn indicators when doing so. I already know you returned the friendly waves from the other drivers. ;-)

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 03/30/08 - 06:32 am
For those that don't know,

For those that don't know, the route is #25 to just north of Millen where the revamped #21 intersects, then 21 all the way to Savanna. I don't know about the police along the way since I was driving a customers PT Cruiser and was moving too fast to be picked up by radar. Nobody waved cause I was the only one on the road.

PTHS2
PTHS2 03/30/08 - 06:34 am
saint - Do you live in

saint - Do you live in Harrisburg? I like the current stadium too, but I'm not gonna go nuts over them building a new one (either way).

PTHS2
PTHS2 03/30/08 - 07:15 am
A RAVE to the AC carrier who

A RAVE to the AC carrier who delivers to Petersburg Station. Thanks once again for tossing the paper in the grass on a rainy day so it doesn't get soaked by the water runoff on my driveway! Your tips are well deserved.

WHATDIDIDO
WHATDIDIDO 03/30/08 - 07:44 am
Had there been no war, we

Had there been no war, we would have the same results. What a stupid rant.

PTHS2
PTHS2 03/30/08 - 08:29 am
Hypo - So are you saying that

Hypo - So are you saying that if Saddam Hussain had not invaded Kuwait in 1990 then we'd have no problems today? Yeah, China might have stopped using oil and the green wackos might have allowed us to extract and process our oil reserves.

tchnga
tchnga 03/30/08 - 08:33 am
Patricia, I enjoy reading

Patricia, I enjoy reading your comments at times but please spell Savannah correctly; add the 'h' at the end.

WHATDIDIDO
WHATDIDIDO 03/30/08 - 08:35 am
My response was to the Rant

My response was to the Rant about the so called " BUSH HATERS. PERIOD. I just thought that the way it was worded was stupid. Having served during the Gulf War, I am not about to play these words games nor am I going to allow some person behind a keyboard to attempt to paint all Democrats with the same broad brush.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 03/30/08 - 08:42 am
thanks tchnga, without spell

thanks tchnga, without spell checker I spell poorly. savanna doesn't have an "h" and Savannah does. Both show up as O.K. on spell checker. (tchnga, what does tchnga spell and am I spelling it right?)

christian134
christian134 03/30/08 - 09:07 am
Good morning all...hope

Good morning all...hope everyone had a safe and restful night.....Bush is also responsible for world hunger, aids, earthquakes, polar ice melting and, oh why not, my yard has been invaded by gophers.....:-) Shame on you Mr. President....

PTHS2
PTHS2 03/30/08 - 09:15 am
Okay Hypo - I can buy that.

Okay Hypo - I can buy that.

PTHS2
PTHS2 03/30/08 - 09:24 am
ASU is about to get their 2

ASU is about to get their 2 mins of fame on nationally brodcast Sporting News Radio (WRDW 1630AM) if y'all wanna tune in. I put the fix in with the host Matt Spiegel

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 03/30/08 - 09:52 am
Me for one will be glad to

Me for one will be glad to see BUSH'S A-- GONE!!!!!!x!

PTHS2
PTHS2 03/30/08 - 09:55 am
Hey Angie- here is a secret

Hey Angie- here is a secret - that is gonna happen!

jdcooper
jdcooper 03/30/08 - 09:56 am
You aren't the only one

You aren't the only one angie!!!!