Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

A RANT TO THE online readers' comments: Do away with them. That way those that spend their whole day writing on them will be forced to get a job. Then maybe they can afford the gas prices they keep crying about.

WILL YOU PLEASE STOP publishing Rants & Raves over the new format of the paper? Who cares? I never heard so much crying over a non-issue.

A RANT ABOUT 95 Rock letting that ignorant Jordan on the air. He offends everyone. I would rather listen to a car alarm instead of that raving idiot.

TO THE RANTER ABOUT Columbia County taxes used to pick up trash. The sheriff's office has two inmate crews that go all around the county picking up trash. Funny thing, though, it needs picking up again within about two days of the inmates' cleaning up an area. So my rant is to all the people who litter.

THIS IS A RAVE for WBBQ and the affiliates that worked so had on Saturday to keep us up to date with the storms.

A RAVE TO THE Columbia County News Times for featuring people who make a difference in the community, but a rant for highlighting those who are profiting from the free advertising, like local authors and store owners.

RANT TO ALL DRIVERS WHO drive up the ramp to get on I-520 and completely ignore the merge sign. The one who drives fastest gets to the gas station the quickest.

A RAVE FOR JUDGE Carlisle Overstreet, who actually stood by the door as excused potential jurors were excused and personally took time to shake hands and thank everyone for the time to participate in the jury selection process.

A RAVE TO THE Richmond County Board Education for hiring a superintendent who knows what is really going on in these schools! Some of the slackest of principals are working hard.

A RANT TO PEOPLE that order pizza online and call in orders to be delivered and don't tip. Gas is high. Drivers are just like waiters. This is how they make their money.

DURING MASTERS WEEK many positive statements appear in this column. Let's put our best foot forward to show our visitors that we are a wonderful community. We have much for which to be thankful.

namaste
namaste 03/25/08 - 02:45 am
I take your right to comment

I take your right to comment away...hee hee, ooh ooh, ah ah...

(': Good morning all you non-workers!

PTHS2
PTHS2 03/25/08 - 02:48 am
It sounds to me like ranter

It sounds to me like ranter #1 is frustrated he/she doesn't work at a place with computers. G'mornin!

namaste
namaste 03/25/08 - 02:51 am
Yeah to me too...do you think

Yeah to me too...do you think we need to tone it down a bit for Masters week? Or no? lol

RobbyLogan
RobbyLogan 03/25/08 - 02:59 am
To the ranter about the

To the ranter about the online readers, hey goober I am at WORK when I respond. Do you work? Just as you have the right to rant, we have the right to respond or there would be no rant & raves, only a raves section. If you do not like it, then do not read it! Simple, huh?

PTHS2
PTHS2 03/25/08 - 03:00 am
I suppose that as long as we

I suppose that as long as we don't whine about how the gas prices went up 10-cents on Mater's Monday, or how the restaurants are too busy to visit, or how bad the "patrons" drive, or how bad the traffic sucks with the I-20 re-routing..... we'll probably be okay. ;-)

namaste
namaste 03/25/08 - 03:10 am
Um, ok...gotcha. Have a great

Um, ok...gotcha. Have a great day.

PTHS2
PTHS2 03/25/08 - 03:21 am
namasta - C'mon, you were

namasta - C'mon, you were supposed to laugh! I really hope the "patrons" have better things to do during Masters' Week than sit around their hotel rooms with their laptops keepng up with online R&R's ;-) You have a great day too!

namaste
namaste 03/25/08 - 04:13 am
Opps, I'm sorry-I did lol (on

Opps, I'm sorry-I did lol (on the inside-lol) and just didn't put it in there...thought I had. I did think that was kinda cool, that all of what you said is exactly how it is that week too. And thank you, I am heading to bed now and will bbl to check all you non-workers comments out later. (':

PTHS2
PTHS2 03/25/08 - 04:35 am
Has anybody heard any rumors

Has anybody heard any rumors about when Somewhere in Augusta will be opening at Somewhere else in Augusta?

WhiskyDick
WhiskyDick 03/25/08 - 04:38 am
Guess you're not working at

Guess you're not working at work when your using your employer's computer to respond to the rants. Ain't that theft of services?

RobbyLogan
RobbyLogan 03/25/08 - 04:56 am
I bring my laptop to work. I

I bring my laptop to work. I have a lot of time on my hands considering I work the graveyard shift.

DeborahElliott2
DeborahElliott2 03/25/08 - 05:05 am
A RANT TO THE online

A RANT TO THE online readers' comments: I work at home and don't have to commute to work!!!! I get paid above minimum wage and I am blessed with this job even though it is part time! I get family time and I get my voice heard. It is too bad you won't join us cause you sure can't beat us!

DeborahElliott2
DeborahElliott2 03/25/08 - 05:10 am
I would agree that pizza

I would agree that pizza drivers need tips! I usually do as I know what they go through, I used to work as one myself and I know that they don't make much and even when they get paid only 50 cents to deliver that silly pizza a good distance from the pizza place, that doesn't give them much for gas the next work day. Then they have to worry about being robbed to boot cause the economy seems to make people want to steal more...They should ask for hazard pay to boot.

saintlover
saintlover 03/25/08 - 06:07 am
Somewhere in Augusta is

Somewhere in Augusta is opening at the old Doris Diamonds location on Washington Road.

RobbyLogan
RobbyLogan 03/25/08 - 06:07 am
I bring my laptop to work as

I bring my laptop to work as I have plenty of time to use it on the graveyard shift.

saintlover
saintlover 03/25/08 - 06:12 am
Somewhere in Augusta is

Somewhere in Augusta is opening in the old Doris Diamonds on Washington Road.

PTHS2
PTHS2 03/25/08 - 06:18 am
saint - Thanks, I knew where

saint - Thanks, I knew where it was going. I was curious as to when the new place would be opening.

sTiCkMaN
sTiCkMaN 03/25/08 - 06:36 am
hey pizza guy, gas is

hey pizza guy, gas is exspensive, but so is the price of pizza!

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 03/25/08 - 06:47 am
Ok RobbyLogan, I heard you

Ok RobbyLogan, I heard you the first time on your 4:56am post. I have to agree about the Jordan Zay rant, can't stand him. I listen to Lex and Terry every morning on the way to work, and the new Jazz station on the way home or during commercials. It is much more soothing to MY soul than the other stations. However I like lots of the songs on other stations, the jazz just puts me at ease, you'd be amazed.

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 03/25/08 - 06:52 am
To the first RANTER of today.

To the first RANTER of today. Quit beating on your highchair. And hey, how bout loaning me a few bucks for some gas. I'm fixin to leave for work, and them gas prices are mighty high.

PTHS2
PTHS2 03/25/08 - 06:54 am
angie - G'mornin - how did I

angie - G'mornin - how did I confuse you last night? (and you should listen to John Boy and Billy in the mornin!) "Comfortably Numb" is playing now.....

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 03/25/08 - 07:04 am
Ooooh, my fantasy, Granny

Ooooh, my fantasy, Granny Klump!

kiddspur
kiddspur 03/25/08 - 07:13 am
angie1961 doesn't get

angie1961 doesn't get confused she has Charlieyounce coaching her on what to post!!!!

CSRAider
CSRAider 03/25/08 - 07:26 am
When your posting something

When your posting something at 3 or 4 AM dang thats early normally when I get home from zparty. Now Im at work 7:30ish. a cupojoe feet kicked back. MMMMMMM gmornin all you non workers. Donr worry Im here banging the drum.

CSRAider
CSRAider 03/25/08 - 07:28 am
(dont)

(dont)

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 03/25/08 - 07:29 am
(Whistles) Don't Worry, Be

(Whistles) Don't Worry, Be Happy, (Whistles)

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 03/25/08 - 07:46 am
Drivers ignoring signs? In

Drivers ignoring signs? In Augusta? Where?

john
john 03/25/08 - 07:58 am
Whoops, looks like Hil Hil

Whoops, looks like Hil Hil got busted in a big lie. No surprise. Id better stop, Im being sexist and picking on her unfairly.

wmfuwb
wmfuwb 03/25/08 - 08:02 am
Wait a second, I'm sure

Wait a second, I'm sure someone was firing somewhere in the world when Hill's plane was landing in Bosnia!!!!, HEE, HEE

PTHS2
PTHS2 03/25/08 - 08:06 am
There is absolutely no reason

There is absolutely no reason in the world for any terrorist to injure a Clinton. Don't bite the hand that feeds you....

Paine plans furloughs, salary cuts, layoffs

Paine College President George C. Bradley on Friday announced the college will implement furlough days, salary reductions and layoffs to save $2.4 million over the next fiscal year.