Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers.

LET'S ELIMINATE ALL shootings by eliminating all guns. And, while we are at it, let's eliminate: highway deaths by eliminating vehicles; drownings by eliminating swimming pools and boats; drug addiction by eliminating needles; obesity by eliminating eating utensils; and alcoholism by eliminating alcohol. Oh, wait, we tried that with alcohol.

TO THE COMMENT of the Augusta Commission meeting in Aiken, why not? Augusta sucks. Maybe while in Aiken the commissioners can gain some insight and learn how an effective government works.

RAVES TO THE Richmond school board and Dr. Bedden for demonstrating intelligence and courage in recruiting an out-of-state auditor to help them revamp the Richmond County School System.

LET ME ASSURE YOU -- NO ONE you work around wants to hear you popping gum!

IN REFERENCE TO the MCG student who was killed by the city bus. I worked for MCG Public Safety for many years and this is not the first problem concerning pedestrians. Attempts were made years ago to improve pedestrian/vehicle conditions. Some of the problem was with local government, which was uncooperative at the time, and with certain MCG administrators. Also, many foreign students are not familiar with traffic congestion.

SYLVIA COOPER'S COLUMN does cover "Dixie Like the Dew." Early in the morning and mostly all wet!

RAVES TO DR. BEDDEN for his willingness to cooperate with the sheriff's office and the Augusta-Richmond County Transportation Department to reduce school disruptions and the costs of hauling students and municipal bus passengers.

COME ON, HARRISBURG. Get moving and get some things done. You are letting HONG KONG get ahead of you. Get rid of some of the bad business places. Get rid of some more of the drug houses. Start fighting for what we need.

Longway from home
Longway from home 03/24/08 - 02:17 pm
Ok I read your comments on

Ok I read your comments on here all the time but never place my own........but today I feel the need......1. Foreign students not familiar with traffic congestion.......hmmm.......ever been to an Asian country??? They termed the phrase for traffic congestion especially here in India.........2. Yeah Augusta is growing or should we say being resurrected? I will be moving back next year and plan to buy in Augusta somewhere Washington Rd, The Hill Area, Berkman or maybe even Harrisburg.

DoubleD
DoubleD 03/24/08 - 02:22 pm
Page III

Page III

GSneed
GSneed 03/24/08 - 02:33 pm
ISLAND SEAFOOD is one of the

ISLAND SEAFOOD is one of the FANTASTIC staples still left in RICHMOND COUNTY! I have their number programmed in my mobile phone (706.798.0448) and I will call it in so it'll already be prepared when I arrive. Ring, ring..."Yeah, 2-lbs of whiting, cajun batter, fried extra hard. Be there in 15-minutes for GSneed. Thanks." Cost about $3.50/lb and $0.75 to fry it up. You really have me thinking fish, now. Not open on Monday, though. Dang it!

teabag1963
teabag1963 03/24/08 - 02:45 pm
good common sense frank.i'm

good common sense frank.i'm glad some one on here besides myself has all the answers.here in columbia we had the same problem with the thugs at the malls.they changed their policies and made it where parents can't dump their kids off anymore.if you're 16 and under you must have a parent with you.if not they will detain you and call your sorry [filtered word] parents to come back to the mall.or you leave on your own.we understand that the kids need somewhere to hang out, but if you're not buying and you scare paying customers off, the stores close, then the mall will also.then the kids have no where to hang,people are out of jobs, and then you have to shop elsewhere.my suggestion, cross the bridge and shop in N.A. jack and the boys will look out for you, just don't go one mile over the speed limit until they get the n.a. side of the river developed. revenue is revenue, you know.

Aroundtown
Aroundtown 03/24/08 - 02:51 pm
Thanks Concerned, just trying

Thanks Concerned, just trying to lighten the mood. I'll try to post something humorous daily...Have a good one.

mgroothand
mgroothand 03/24/08 - 02:52 pm
Baronness: Re chewing gum; I

Baronness: Re chewing gum; I chew almost constantly because the medicine I must take causes extreme dry mouth, a not uncommon side effect with some medicines. Without the (sugarless) gum I would be drinking four or five gallons of water per day.

reruns
reruns 03/24/08 - 02:54 pm
I go to the N.A. for gas,

I go to the N.A. for gas, lunch and i shop in N.A. often. It is safer, cleaner, and convienient.

rjay
rjay 03/24/08 - 03:05 pm
Charlie you need to take a

Charlie you need to take a breath in between your rants!

teabag1963
teabag1963 03/24/08 - 03:15 pm
not very smart sneed.you

not very smart sneed.you think people on here will start buying there and you receive a discount, right?don't be surprised if some dolt on here calls in a $1000 order and uses your name,and then they call your house.never divulge info to strangers! do like baronees, use your zip then 3 days later tell everyone what sub division you live in.what did charles larke do to you folks?

namaste
namaste 03/24/08 - 03:17 pm
I drink the water instead of

I drink the water instead of chewing gum...it's better for you too. Our bodies beg for it.

God save America
God save America 03/24/08 - 04:07 pm
people who pop gum at work

people who pop gum at work and also during movies are very rude. people ought to learn how to chew gum without popping it. pop it in your car, house or walking . use common sence when doing this. be nice and don't pop around other people and they will thank you.

dani
dani 03/24/08 - 04:11 pm
Why does kids need a place to

Why does kids need a place to hang out? What's wrong with home, or the home of a friend. Gracious. ~ And Charlie, if you pop gum, there is no hope for you. All is lost. Chewing quietly when alone is acceptable. ~~There have been efforts in the past to stop the problems at the mall but somehow they are always thwarted. It is not and should not be a child care center nor a teen center.

weekapaug05
weekapaug05 03/24/08 - 04:18 pm
dani, you must have skipped

dani, you must have skipped from age 12 to age 20. I remember when I was a teen all I wanted to do was get out of the house cause that's where mom and dad are. Teens just want to get out the house and cut up with their friends. It's one thing though to sit around "smokin' & jokin'" with your friends it's another when you're disturbing others while doing it. The mall is there for consumers not for loitering

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 03/24/08 - 04:44 pm
longwayfromhome, let me be

longwayfromhome, let me be the first on here to welcome you back home.

dani
dani 03/24/08 - 04:47 pm
Times have changed. I know

Times have changed. I know many, many young people who would never dream of going to a place like the mall to 'hang".

dani
dani 03/24/08 - 04:49 pm
The 21 year old Willie Casy

The 21 year old Willie Casy has hanged himself...

Frank
Frank 03/24/08 - 04:51 pm
Long away from home: you

Long away from home: you should look downtown, they've got some nice condo's opening up soon in the old White's building, as well as plenty of other residential space that's a bit lower priced in the downtown, harrisburg, and old towne areas..

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 03/24/08 - 05:18 pm
You people kill me. You're

You people kill me. You're not going to the mall because you're scared of the THUGS that stare MEANLY at you? Please. ya'll are a bunch of tight asses. Live and let live, go to the mall and shop and have a good time. I like sitting and watching all the different folks. Some of you act like ya'll are so damn good, and only certain people DESERVE to enjoy the mall. And patriciathomas, I can't even say on here what I'd like to say to you.

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 03/24/08 - 05:19 pm
And you TOO dani person

And you TOO dani person

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 03/24/08 - 05:24 pm
All of you ol farts who are

All of you ol farts who are bothered by the YOUNG BLACK OR WHITE youth of today, you can always go to BELKS department store, or stay home and shop on tv.

teabag1963
teabag1963 03/24/08 - 05:27 pm
augusta should do like

augusta should do like columbia did as posted in my 2:45 post. dani, the kids hang at the mall because when i was coming up we didn't have them yet, so we played a lot of sand lot sports.the parents dropping them off shows that they aren't that concerned about them either, which explains why some need a village to raise these children, because the sorry parents won't or can't or both. i don't chew gum, just was about as bored as these posts are boring.good night

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 03/24/08 - 05:29 pm
Chattanooga malls have an

Chattanooga malls have an accompanied by parents after 6 if you are younger that 18 program in force and it works. And yes I understand not wanting to be at home with mom and dad so they need somewhere to go. But they dont want to go to a place that is underr pparental influence either. Its a catch 22. I dont have a solution. I have answers, but not ALL the answers because each child is different.

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 03/24/08 - 05:45 pm
Right ON marshadillon. I

Right ON marshadillon. I love the PANTY-WAIST, AND the past and future part of your post. too funny..

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 03/24/08 - 05:53 pm
God YES. Please DO GO TO BED

God YES. Please DO GO TO BED CHARLIE. I would say sweet dreams, but somehow I don't think you dream. I think you haunt other peoples dreams, hell, you haunt them while their awake. You remind me of a troll that lives under a bridge and picks his boogers with his thick black dirt filled fingernails and hair inside your ears, and lord only knows what other yuck and muck.........YOU, are the YELLOW MATTER CUSTARD that drips from a dead dogs EYE.

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 03/24/08 - 05:56 pm
coo coo ca CHOO

coo coo ca CHOO

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 03/24/08 - 05:58 pm
everyone laughs at you. hee

everyone laughs at you. hee hee hee, ha ha ha

ListenAndLearn
ListenAndLearn 03/24/08 - 06:28 pm
Some of us stuck-in-the-past

Some of us stuck-in-the-past Sr. Mall rats know the difference between panty waist & panty waste. I'll go for the panty waist every time over the "we own the mall panty waste jr."

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 03/24/08 - 07:01 pm
sorry kk I don't wear

sorry kk I don't wear panties. Lawd, I'm so funny, I love my self so much. Come on NO LONGER AMAZED. Maybe I'm AMAZED at the way you love me all the time, or maybe I'm amazed at the way I love you. MAYBE I'M THE ONLY ONE IN THE MIDDLE OF SOMETHING, THAT ONLY I CAN TRULY UNDERSTAND.

namaste
namaste 03/24/08 - 07:06 pm
angie--put the crackpipe

angie--put the crackpipe down, dear. It'll rot your teeth and make you do senseless things.

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 03/24/08 - 07:11 pm
naw sir masta, I don't do

naw sir masta, I don't do drugs. This just be the way I is.

Accord tops list of stolen vehicles

The National Insurance Crime Bureau released its annual report on the 10 most stolen vehicles in the country earlier this month, and some residents say they aren't surprised with what they saw.