Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

RANT TO THE DOG PARK proposal. Something to think about: The Southeast is the parasite capital of our country, due to our weather. Parents, do not take your children there! Wear shoes!

RAVES TO CIVIC-MINDED people like Sgt. Rountree, Judge Sams and Mr. Sammie Sias, who are willing to work to improve our area by solving our crime problem.

MY RANT? There aren't enough Rants or Raves that make me chuckle as I eat my Cheerios.

A RANT FOR National Hills Shopping Center, where I see hundreds of gallons of water running down the parking lot every morning from watering their grass. Bad corporate citizen.

DOES IT REALLY MATTER how The Augusta Chronicle is laid out? If you do not like it, do not read it. If you do like it, good for you. But for crying out loud, stop talking about it.

THIS IS A BIG RANT for all you idiots who acted like a rioting mob, pushing and shoving people out of line while the Harlem Globetrotters were signing autographed basketballs. Some things never change.

LAST WEEK, I FLEW out of the newly renovated Augusta Regional Airport. The building was beautiful. The security and ticket agents were extremely friendly and helpful. There were no lines, and the flight to Atlanta was 15 minutes early. The entire experience was so pleasant, such a contrast to the chaos at the Atlanta airport.

IT'S TOO BAD that more of the James Brown monies will have to go towards legal fees, what with the ridiculous filing by Tomi Rae for DNA tests for the adult kids listed in the will.

THANKS TO THE LADY at Wal-Mart on Deans Bridge Road for returning my purse to the pharmacy. I had my blood pressure checked, and I forgot it there and didn't know it until I got to the checkout and I went back and she had turned it in there in the pharmacy. ... May God bless her.

A BIG RAVE for the person that found my papers that I lost at Fort Gordon for vehicle identification. I thank him very much. I also have a rave for Mr. Turney, who works there and issues these vehicle ID numbers. I thank all of them. They have done a fine job.

PTHS2
PTHS2 03/18/08 - 04:49 pm
dani - She could have

dani - She could have "chosen" to have an abortion with the same end result. Murder is murder.

RollTide
RollTide 03/18/08 - 04:53 pm
Rose, he's right. The way I

Rose, he's right. The way I read it is they are trying to cut 2,000 jobs.

dani
dani 03/18/08 - 04:55 pm
PTHS--Tell me about

PTHS--Tell me about it...Abortion is the root cause IMO.

layton7
layton7 03/18/08 - 04:56 pm
HYPO- why are you so

HYPO- why are you so defensive all the time? i don't think your comments are very "christian like" (as you would put it). i do think however that you condemn anyone who does not think like you and have your point of view. therefor, is the reason you are so defensive. it's like you're trying to instigate, just so you run your mouth and down people for their point of view. everyone is entitled to their opinion. quit trying to convince everyone that yours is the one and only.

teabag1963
teabag1963 03/18/08 - 05:14 pm
thanks dani, i wrote several

thanks dani, i wrote several posts on the oil article on the opinion page.i don't have problems with people making a good life for themselves, i just shudder at those who do and could care less if anyone else makes it or not.we're all in this thing together.as fritz hollings once proclaimed we don't need to keep cutting the pie slices thinner and thinner for the poor what we need is more pies.we have plenty in this country,why can't we share more? we cannot all be as republicans think,business owners,inventors,or entreprenuers in general someone has to be the workers and laborers.sure we have a segment that refuses to contribute anything to the pot,but if you throw them in the streets they will only get worse.if people on here would read what i say instead of just attacking me personally,they'll find im just like you are.

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 03/18/08 - 05:20 pm
Oh Charley yonce, are you

Oh Charley yonce, are you rambling again? I don't own a credit card baby doll, paid those ALL off when my husband died. So go sit by yourself like you always do, and you and Rosie go play and have some fun. Oh and YOU ARE THE POT CALLING THE KETTLE ON THE COUNSELING FRONT.

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 03/18/08 - 05:22 pm
what did you say jack i can't

what did you say jack i can't hear you, huh, huh!!!!

impalaq
impalaq 03/18/08 - 05:29 pm
ouch!!!!!! yall being ugly

ouch!!!!!! yall being ugly today be nice.

dani
dani 03/18/08 - 05:34 pm
The 4 month old girl murdered

The 4 month old girl murdered in N.A died from massive head injuries. There is no punishment that would be too harsh for a mother who would do this (or let it be done) to her child. Poor baby...

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 03/18/08 - 05:38 pm
Must we bring the bible into

Must we bring the bible into this christian. I have a deep love of God, and a personal relationship with him. HOWEVER, I don't believe in organized religion, as too many folks shove stuff down your thoat. Christians are THE MOST intolerant. They judge everything and everybody. Christ was not like that. He loved everyone. The bible, I don't understand too, like it was OK to have LOTS OF WIVES back then, but now it is not, too many contradictions. I keep Baptist, Methodist, so on and so on out of my relationship with God.

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 03/18/08 - 05:40 pm
dani and yonce need to get

dani and yonce need to get together

Rose
Rose 03/18/08 - 05:53 pm
Now let me get this straight.

Now let me get this straight. Delta is asking for 30,000 emplyees to take pay and leave. What does that mean? It means that over half their employees are not going to be working for Delta. When companies get rid of employees, they ask for volunteers first. Dang some of you are dense today.

Rose
Rose 03/18/08 - 05:57 pm
Yep another hussy murdered

Yep another hussy murdered her child. I told you children are disposable. I tell you right now, nobody better not say one word to me defending that thing of a monster. I hate people who murder kids.

PlayaFace
PlayaFace 03/18/08 - 06:01 pm
today is the first day of the

today is the first day of the rest of your life.. stop argueing with each other. have a happy day

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 03/18/08 - 06:08 pm
Rose, why do you call this

Rose, why do you call this sick lady a Hussy?

RollTide
RollTide 03/18/08 - 06:22 pm
Rose, they offer it to 30,000

Rose, they offer it to 30,000 in hopes that the 2,000 will accpet the deal so they don't have to come out and fire people. Why would they cut half their work force when they only are trying to reduce by 5%?

Rose
Rose 03/18/08 - 06:27 pm
It did not say total was 5%

It did not say total was 5%

RollTide
RollTide 03/18/08 - 06:28 pm
The one on foxnews.com did.

The one on foxnews.com did.

Rose
Rose 03/18/08 - 06:30 pm
Well I read that they want

Well I read that they want 30000 to quit and if more will do that, then that is ok with them also.

RollTide
RollTide 03/18/08 - 06:30 pm
They want to reduce capacity

They want to reduce capacity by 5%. http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/industries/transportation/article/del... They are only asking to reduce the work force by 2,000 people.

RollTide
RollTide 03/18/08 - 06:32 pm
Rose, why in the world would

Rose, why in the world would they cut their work force by 50% if they only want to reduce capacity by 5%?

Rose
Rose 03/18/08 - 06:32 pm
ATLANTA - Delta Air Lines,

ATLANTA - Delta Air Lines, faced with a weak economy, dimmer hopes of a combination with Northwest Airlines and record fuel prices that are eating up profits, said Tuesday it will offer voluntary severance payouts to roughly 30,000 employees — more than half its work force

RollTide
RollTide 03/18/08 - 06:34 pm
Read the entire thing!

Read the entire thing!

PTHS2
PTHS2 03/18/08 - 06:35 pm
Tide - Good luck. That's the

Tide - Good luck. That's the same way she reads Obama's website too.

Rose
Rose 03/18/08 - 06:36 pm
Now you say I am it is 2000.

Now you say I am it is 2000. We will just have to wait and see. I read that as saying they are offering 30000 workers a deal to leave.

Rose
Rose 03/18/08 - 06:37 pm
RollTide shoot if I know. Ask

RollTide shoot if I know. Ask them.

RollTide
RollTide 03/18/08 - 06:37 pm
Hey bud, we gotta do lunch

Hey bud, we gotta do lunch one day next week. I've got to meet a deadline this week so lunch is tight.

RollTide
RollTide 03/18/08 - 06:38 pm
"Executives at Atlanta-based

"Executives at Atlanta-based Delta said in a memo to employees that the airline's goal is to cut 2,000 frontline, administrative and management jobs through the voluntary program, " this is the part you are missing.

Rose
Rose 03/18/08 - 06:39 pm
PTHS sounds like you think I

PTHS sounds like you think I am stupid.

Rose
Rose 03/18/08 - 06:40 pm
Maybe Delta is trying to

Maybe Delta is trying to pressure Northwest Airlines to complete a deal with them. If you can't believe the story then ask Delta.

Former commissioner's case remains under review

While former Augusta commissioner Donnie Smith's statements to Georgia State Patrol investigators likely can't be used against him, the state Office of the Inspector General continues to conduct ...