Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

RANT TO THE DOG PARK proposal. Something to think about: The Southeast is the parasite capital of our country, due to our weather. Parents, do not take your children there! Wear shoes!

RAVES TO CIVIC-MINDED people like Sgt. Rountree, Judge Sams and Mr. Sammie Sias, who are willing to work to improve our area by solving our crime problem.

MY RANT? There aren't enough Rants or Raves that make me chuckle as I eat my Cheerios.

A RANT FOR National Hills Shopping Center, where I see hundreds of gallons of water running down the parking lot every morning from watering their grass. Bad corporate citizen.

DOES IT REALLY MATTER how The Augusta Chronicle is laid out? If you do not like it, do not read it. If you do like it, good for you. But for crying out loud, stop talking about it.

THIS IS A BIG RANT for all you idiots who acted like a rioting mob, pushing and shoving people out of line while the Harlem Globetrotters were signing autographed basketballs. Some things never change.

LAST WEEK, I FLEW out of the newly renovated Augusta Regional Airport. The building was beautiful. The security and ticket agents were extremely friendly and helpful. There were no lines, and the flight to Atlanta was 15 minutes early. The entire experience was so pleasant, such a contrast to the chaos at the Atlanta airport.

IT'S TOO BAD that more of the James Brown monies will have to go towards legal fees, what with the ridiculous filing by Tomi Rae for DNA tests for the adult kids listed in the will.

THANKS TO THE LADY at Wal-Mart on Deans Bridge Road for returning my purse to the pharmacy. I had my blood pressure checked, and I forgot it there and didn't know it until I got to the checkout and I went back and she had turned it in there in the pharmacy. ... May God bless her.

A BIG RAVE for the person that found my papers that I lost at Fort Gordon for vehicle identification. I thank him very much. I also have a rave for Mr. Turney, who works there and issues these vehicle ID numbers. I thank all of them. They have done a fine job.

PTHS2
PTHS2 03/18/08 - 11:59 am
whyme - Somehow I don't think

whyme - Somehow I don't think James Brown is in a position to say "yes, this is my child and I WILL be spending time with my little one."

Rose
Rose 03/18/08 - 12:10 pm
Well well well. Yesterday

Well well well. Yesterday someone on here said it is not the President's job to know the price of gas. Well Delta is cutting 30,000 JOBS because of the price of fuel. Somebody better do something.

InChristLove
InChristLove 03/18/08 - 12:23 pm
christian134, I was not being

christian134, I was not being critical of you and by no means was questioning your salvation. I apologize if it came across like that. All I was trying to do was explain how sometimes written statements comes across as hateful when that may not be the intention at all.

The Madame
The Madame 03/18/08 - 12:26 pm
Whoo did y'all see charlie

Whoo did y'all see charlie yonces 11:39 post? He thinks that Angie is more messed up than he is! All I can say is WOW

johnsmith
johnsmith 03/18/08 - 12:35 pm
"Someone on here" is

"Someone on here" is mischaracterizing what I said yesterday... Imagine that! What I said (not what you "interpreted," not what you came up with after "reading between the lines," but what I SAID) was that you are asking the president to know that which is irrelevant and unknowable. There's no such thing as "the price of gas," since gas prices vary wildly due to local taxation and proximity to supply. The only way to satisfy your ridiculous demand would be for the president to memorize the average retail price for every city in the country, so that when someone from Augusta asks, he can say "$3.25" and when someone from LA asks, he can say "$3.95" That's a stupid waste of his time, and not relevant. I'm perfectly satisfied with the president being aware of what the international oil market price per barrel is; if he knows we're hitting $110, he knows we're taking some hits in the economy. I still haven't seen a proposal from the liberals that would address this, though: do you think that if Pelosi's $17Bn tax hike on U.S. oil companies goes thru, she's going to send you a cut of that money? BTW, no change in tax breaks for FOREIGN oil companies...just FYI...

PTHS2
PTHS2 03/18/08 - 12:51 pm
Rose - DELTA offered

Rose - DELTA offered VOULUNTARY serverance packages to 30,000 employees. Their goal is to cut 2,000 positions as they reduce their routes by 5% over the next year.

Rose
Rose 03/18/08 - 01:04 pm
no 30,000. don't you know if

no 30,000. don't you know if 30000 don't, then they will drop those jobs anyway?

dani
dani 03/18/08 - 01:05 pm
Yonce does a good job at

Yonce does a good job at times. Lately, he has made some very positive comments.

Rose
Rose 03/18/08 - 01:06 pm
you have to read the whole

you have to read the whole story to understand it.

Rose
Rose 03/18/08 - 01:08 pm
johnsmith I don't need an

johnsmith I don't need an economics lesson from you.

darth_froggy
darth_froggy 03/18/08 - 01:13 pm
johnsmith, you're an idiot.

johnsmith, you're an idiot.

Rose
Rose 03/18/08 - 01:13 pm
that 2000 positions are

that 2000 positions are frontline, administrative and management jobs through the voluntary program, attrition and other initiatives.

darth_froggy
darth_froggy 03/18/08 - 01:14 pm
You are a delusional pig and

You are a delusional pig and you know it, johnsmith.

Rose
Rose 03/18/08 - 01:15 pm
30000 workers is more than

30000 workers is more than half of Delta's work force.

dont live there anymore
dont live there anymore 03/18/08 - 01:40 pm
I am coming tomorrow tovisit

I am coming tomorrow tovisit Augusta. I am not flying into Augusta because the round trip price is almost as much as I am paying to fly from Minneapolis to Atlanta and back. Why doesn't anyone understand that? The shuttle costs half that. I have also experienced loss of connection, cancelled flights and everything that others talk about. Augusta is not at the top of the list for Delta or other airlines to serve. This can become a vicious circle. Passengers don't come, Delta doesn't fly. Delta doesn't fly (cancels) so passenger don't come. It is all about service and cost and not about the nice to facility. The old one was just fine for me.

DeborahElliott2
DeborahElliott2 03/18/08 - 01:47 pm
I can see now why one of the

I can see now why one of the ranters chokes on Cheerios in the morning and probably finds a really good one and ends up with milk out the nose. I wonder if they finish reading these in the evening when they get home from work and sit down to beer. (I can only imagine when they laugh so hard they choke on that too)! Just wait for that tax rebate guys!! Since the government approved a tax increase, your tax rebates might just cover it >:o

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 03/18/08 - 01:55 pm
The National hills shopping

The National hills shopping center water it's parking lot every night and it's still the same size.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 03/18/08 - 01:56 pm
I came on here expecting alot

I came on here expecting alot of comments on Obama's speach. I thought he nailed it. doesn't have my vote but it was a good speach.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 03/18/08 - 02:00 pm
Someone mentioned $300. My

Someone mentioned $300. My letter came today. It says I may receive up to $1200 for filing jointly and more for my kids.

johnsmith
johnsmith 03/18/08 - 02:03 pm
Yep, I am an idiot and a

Yep, I am an idiot and a delusional pig. Wait...is it POSSIBLE to KNOW that you are delusional pig??? I mean, if you came to the realization that you were being delusional, wouldn't that be the moment at which you recovered your capacity for reason? darth froggy, you clearly have great experience with delusions, can you enlighten us? In this case, for example, I was pretty sure that Pelosi's bill did not include the concept of sending each American citizen a check for "our share" of the $17Bn she proposes confiscating from "Big Oil." Now, once I come to the realization that we HAVE achieved the workers' paradise and that she WILL be doing that, I'm not delusional anymore...am I? It's sooooo confusing...

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 03/18/08 - 02:08 pm
johnsmith, smoke a lefty and

johnsmith, smoke a lefty and then rethink it.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 03/18/08 - 02:38 pm
Augusta resident, I think he

Augusta resident, I think he already smoked that lefty. You're right, Obama hit a home run. I know some of them still aren't convinced, but that their opinion. He has proven, he has the wherewithal to handle the heat. I believe he can intelligently run this nation. If you have any doubt, just look at the current occupant at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 03/18/08 - 02:50 pm
The rant you raved was not

The rant you raved was not exactly the rant someone else raved so rant and rave about the rants and raves until you are ranted and raved completely free of rants and raves. This is my tribute to the mindless rants and raves that flow on through the day like sewage to a cesspool! One bright day in the middle of the night two dead boys got up to fight, back to back they faced one another, drew their swords and shot each other. A deaf policeman heard the noise and came and shot the two dead boys. If you don't believe this lie is true, ask the blind man he saw it too. ( Circa 1970, A Boys Life, Magazine)

who
who 03/18/08 - 02:56 pm
why do all of you freaks hate

why do all of you freaks hate president bush...

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 03/18/08 - 02:58 pm
Who, I resemble that freak

Who, I resemble that freak remark, but don't tell the other freaks, they think they are different!

RollTide
RollTide 03/18/08 - 03:03 pm
Ah CBBP, you da man!

Ah CBBP, you da man!

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 03/18/08 - 03:08 pm
Who???, I think hate is too

Who???, I think hate is too strong. Feel that he has hurt our standing in the world, yeah. Looking at the last two elections, that's whole lotta freakin.

dani
dani 03/18/08 - 03:35 pm
I thought the speech was just

I thought the speech was just more of the same old excuses for the rev's remarks, but then I am voting for Hillary :) It sure would be nice if we could go back in history and stop those people from purchasing humans and making slaves out of them. It wouldn't happen today, but anyhow today is too late. They just can't get past it. What to do?

PTHS2
PTHS2 03/18/08 - 03:44 pm
Rose - If you re-read that

Rose - If you re-read that article and still think Delta is wanting/planning to cut 30,000 jobs, I can't help you.

dani
dani 03/18/08 - 03:46 pm
Breaking News ..another

Breaking News ..another mother is charged with killing her poor child, a 4 month old daughter. When will this stop? There has to be more severe punishment for these monsters. Human life has no value for too many people in this world.