Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

RANT TO THE DOG PARK proposal. Something to think about: The Southeast is the parasite capital of our country, due to our weather. Parents, do not take your children there! Wear shoes!

RAVES TO CIVIC-MINDED people like Sgt. Rountree, Judge Sams and Mr. Sammie Sias, who are willing to work to improve our area by solving our crime problem.

MY RANT? There aren't enough Rants or Raves that make me chuckle as I eat my Cheerios.

A RANT FOR National Hills Shopping Center, where I see hundreds of gallons of water running down the parking lot every morning from watering their grass. Bad corporate citizen.

DOES IT REALLY MATTER how The Augusta Chronicle is laid out? If you do not like it, do not read it. If you do like it, good for you. But for crying out loud, stop talking about it.

THIS IS A BIG RANT for all you idiots who acted like a rioting mob, pushing and shoving people out of line while the Harlem Globetrotters were signing autographed basketballs. Some things never change.

LAST WEEK, I FLEW out of the newly renovated Augusta Regional Airport. The building was beautiful. The security and ticket agents were extremely friendly and helpful. There were no lines, and the flight to Atlanta was 15 minutes early. The entire experience was so pleasant, such a contrast to the chaos at the Atlanta airport.

IT'S TOO BAD that more of the James Brown monies will have to go towards legal fees, what with the ridiculous filing by Tomi Rae for DNA tests for the adult kids listed in the will.

THANKS TO THE LADY at Wal-Mart on Deans Bridge Road for returning my purse to the pharmacy. I had my blood pressure checked, and I forgot it there and didn't know it until I got to the checkout and I went back and she had turned it in there in the pharmacy. ... May God bless her.

A BIG RAVE for the person that found my papers that I lost at Fort Gordon for vehicle identification. I thank him very much. I also have a rave for Mr. Turney, who works there and issues these vehicle ID numbers. I thank all of them. They have done a fine job.

PTHS2
PTHS2 03/18/08 - 04:32 am
A rant to yet another rant

A rant to yet another rant about the rants concerning the new format rants. Did I cover that okay?

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 03/18/08 - 04:59 am
I know this sounds negative,

I know this sounds negative, and it is, but.....I GET SO SICK AND TIRED OF READING THE THANK YOU FOR FINDING MY WALLET, PILLS, PAPERS, KEYS THAT I LOST, or tire that was changed, on and on. And the ever popular FORMAT RANTS AND RAVES.

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 03/18/08 - 05:00 am
I know this sounds negative,

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 03/18/08 - 05:04 am
And as you can see, it's so

And as you can see, it's so ANNOYING that it was worth repeating. TEE hee

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 03/18/08 - 05:07 am
Hey, I found 5,000 dollars,

Hey, I found 5,000 dollars, and I ain't turning it in. Just kidding.
About finding 5 grand, that is.

Duderotomy
Duderotomy 03/18/08 - 05:14 am
OK...James Brown...I'm sure

OK...James Brown...I'm sure this will set off the "he put Augusta on the map" crowd. As a muscian, the man was talented and unique. As a person, his internal compass was 20 degrees off and wasn't able to help him keep his life straight. You can blame all of those people around him but the truth is, he made several stupid decisions and now his estate (and the courts) have to deal with them. Look at all the folks that showed up with same DNA! There are some that find this a testament to his prowess - to me, it just proves he had very little self-control. Now compare this basic human instinct with the complicated world of lawyers and money - he just wasn't equipped for the battle.

christian134
christian134 03/18/08 - 06:34 am
Right on point

Right on point Duderotomy...couldn't help myself and have been wanting to say it out loud before concerning the sainthood of James Brown....Great entertainer--- bad roll model......

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 03/18/08 - 06:47 am
Someone ranted and raved

Someone ranted and raved about the rants and raves that ranted and raved in the rants and raves column that was full of rants and raves. Now, doesn't that just about cover it?

shivas
shivas 03/18/08 - 06:58 am
At least James Brown has one

At least James Brown has one of the 2 criteria for being revered, while President Bush has no talent and is certainly no role-model based upon his chronic lying.

dani
dani 03/18/08 - 07:09 am
Oh my LF..I have to get

Oh my LF..I have to get another cuppa. I missed the one where someone called Bush a good role model. I wasn't aware that he had any relation to James Brown. An entertainer. A politician...I need that coffee.

Reality
Reality 03/18/08 - 07:14 am
We all know that Obama is

We all know that Obama is just getting the Oprah crowd votes. Those that sit home and watch Oprah will be a good cross section of the American working class.......

CKB
CKB 03/18/08 - 07:25 am
James Brown was a poor role

James Brown was a poor role model; but good ole augusta keeps on putting him on the pedistal, over, and over and over..... I am sick of having this issue forced down my throat! I am so surprised we do not have more statues over the entire city. Maybe they should be placed all over town, like at the law enforcement center, the court house, at the front of the building completing all of the DNA tests, the path he drove while on the rampage with the police, etc. This is sickening to me that we should honor him. I think we should close the door on this and move on or try to forget all of the negatives this man caused.

WHATDIDIDO
WHATDIDIDO 03/18/08 - 07:34 am
I do not recall anyone saying

I do not recall anyone saying that Mr. Brown was a "Saint". However unlike you walk on water part the seas " Christians", we realize that the man was human and did a lot for the people around the world and back. When was the last time any President invited any of you to the White House? When was the last time The Queen invited you to her Palace? Hell when was the last time the Mayor of Augusta honored you for any reason. More than likely with the attitudes some of you have, your next door neighbor will not even invite you to a cook out. Stop hating.

pursesshoes all day
pursesshoes all day 03/18/08 - 07:43 am
who is tired of complaining

who is tired of complaining about the rants and raves?

PlayaFace
PlayaFace 03/18/08 - 07:46 am
i have a rant to everyone in

i have a rant to everyone in augusta not getting there car serviced... ive been extremely bored at work for the past few weeks! get your oil changed already!

Reality
Reality 03/18/08 - 07:48 am
How much will you charge for

How much will you charge for mobile oil change at my residence?

PTHS2
PTHS2 03/18/08 - 07:51 am
LOL PLaya - g'morning. Maybe

LOL PLaya - g'morning. Maybe the pollen will help air-filter and wiper blade sales....

christian134
christian134 03/18/08 - 08:02 am
And a good mornin' to you

And a good mornin' to you Hypocrite......:-)You use the word "hate" quite freely....Good grief just because I make a comment doesn't make me a hater....Is that ulcer kicking up again? Calm down before the rest of your day is shot...:-)

WHATDIDIDO
WHATDIDIDO 03/18/08 - 08:20 am
First of all I stay calm. I

First of all I stay calm. I do not hold anything inside, that is the reason I do not have ulcer. I do not use the word hate alot but even if I did, the word hating was used instead of jealous. Believe me, I do not give any of you that much power to ruin my day.

shivas
shivas 03/18/08 - 08:31 am
For all those who are tired

For all those who are tired of James Brown, why don't you do some research on some other famous individuals we've been happy to name things after. Start with the Calhoun Expressway.

He_Who_Must_Not_Be_Named
He_Who_Must_Not_Be_Named 03/18/08 - 08:35 am
Hypo, why do you put

Hypo, why do you put quotations around the word Christians? Are you questioning the validity of his religious beliefs?

He_Who_Must_Not_Be_Named
He_Who_Must_Not_Be_Named 03/18/08 - 08:36 am
angie, I'm in total agreement

angie, I'm in total agreement with you thus far today.

madddhatter
madddhatter 03/18/08 - 08:41 am
So, What happened to the

So, What happened to the Butler Band director? Is he sill at the school, or did Richmond County do the right thing finally?

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 03/18/08 - 08:44 am
LOL.. that's funny... someone

LOL.. that's funny... someone in management at Bush field sends in a rave for the airport...

WHATDIDIDO
WHATDIDIDO 03/18/08 - 08:48 am
I question the validity of

I question the validity of anyone's " Christian belife" when they spew some of the garbage he does. So, I guess the answer is, YES. Remember I can be wrong but I doubt if any Chritians will agree with some of the things that he post.

christian134
christian134 03/18/08 - 08:59 am
Your still full of it this

Your still full of it this morning hypo--sour milk I mean..I have not said anything other than what I believe to be right and furthermore I don't believe I have ever attacked your character.....Now let's move on to better things today like maybe getting an oil change to help out Playaface....:-)

PTHS2
PTHS2 03/18/08 - 09:03 am
outlaw pollen!

outlaw pollen!

He_Who_Must_Not_Be_Named
He_Who_Must_Not_Be_Named 03/18/08 - 09:07 am
The only way to eliminate

The only way to eliminate pollen....Genocide against the bees!!!

WHATDIDIDO
WHATDIDIDO 03/18/08 - 09:12 am
No, but you did Obama's. Like

No, but you did Obama's. Like I said before, I am not an Obama supporter. I do not believe that the man is ready to be President, if anyone really is. However when you are repeately saying things like " In the closet Muslim hardcore racist", IMHO that is just not Christian like. But again that is just me.

christian134
christian134 03/18/08 - 09:16 am
And what's your point....:-)

And what's your point....:-)