Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

BIG RAVE FOR Dianne at the CVS pharmacy on Peach Orchard for taking her time to get me my son's medicine. She called the insurance and after they denied covering the meds, she called his doctor to get him another med that the insurance would cover.

IF I WERE RUNNING for president I wouldn't want Ted to be on my side.

FOR THE PERSON WHO thinks that the "speed humps" are tearing up his front end: You just haven't found the right speed to cross them yet.

I AM SO SICK AND TIRED of the Gilbert Manor issue. Folks want everything for free.

HOW CAN I PUT THIS as delicate as possible: George Bush is, without a doubt, the worst president this country has ever seen, bar none.

A RANT TO the mom at our daughter's basketball game who yelled and screamed the entire game. Even the referee called you out by saying, "Shame on you"! These are CHILDREN and you really need to get a grip.

ABOUT THE POST OFFICE stamp machines: I remember a few years ago the post office was trying to compete with Internet/e-mail FedEx, UPS, DHL, but all they want to do now is discontinue convenient services. I call to complain, but it falls on deaf ears. I am surprised they haven't added a tax to us for having a mailbox in our front yards.

A BIG RANT TO THOSE WHO use smokers for cannon fodder. Not all smokers are the same, so don't stereotype us. And the government needs to quit upping the cigarette tax every time they need to pad their income. Remember what the Boston Tea Party was all about?

STOP PUTTING Tubman Middle down as if it's the worst junior high school in America. Let's talk about what goes on in those schools in Columbia County, as well as some of these private schools that keep all their dirt on the hush-hush!

IF GERRI SAMS WERE white, the black community would be demanding her head on a platter. It's obvious to anyone of even average intelligence what is going on in that department.

I ATTENDED THE David Copperfield show ... at the Bell Auditorium. I have to admit, the show was outstanding. However ... I was shocked at so many empty seats. It seems Augusta is trying to get headliners here; however, we just can't bring the people to the shows. Is this the fault of our local media, civic center and Bell marketing, or just that people are unwilling to spend the money for major headliners? I tend to lean toward the media, since I don't recall one TV ad whatsoever about his appearance. I faintly recall a small ad in this Sunday's paper, though. I have to say that I am very disappointed that we are not showing these acts what Augusta has to offer. Let's go, Augusta!

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 02/26/08 - 01:02 pm
would someone please tell us

would someone please tell us what obama has accomplished? all we hear is hope/change change/hope change/hope. rhetoric but no substance. money from rezko is very questionable.

jack
jack 02/26/08 - 01:05 pm
Yonce, NO ONE has made any

Yonce, NO ONE has made any connection between Bush (or anyone else in his admin) with the purported homo that visited the WH. I do believe I read some where (will research) he/it was some kind of news reporter so count how many time the NY Terrorist Times reporter has been to th WH. As for Carter, I voted for him because he was from Georgia and I knew nothing about his governorship and am embarrasse to say so. My brother-in-law told me that he was also one of the most incompetent governors the state ever had. OPEC pulled their crap because they KNEW Carter had no gonads. Same for the Iranians. One thing for sure, the whole world knows both the Bush boys have gonads, and brass ones at that.

jack
jack 02/26/08 - 01:12 pm
BTW, why is it you and your

BTW, why is it you and your ilk never mention the FACT that Barny Frank ( DIMocRAT homo from Mass) allowed his "partner" to run a male prostitution ring out of his house?

teabag1963
teabag1963 02/26/08 - 01:14 pm
mojo,millions of americans

mojo,millions of americans are still in the "new car syndrome"the car is beautiful,rides well and the owner believes it will last forever.people look at obama this way they don't care what you dig up,he is going to save america,unite it and we will all live happily ever after.bull... you know and i know it.the guy is a con artist.all of a sudden he likes white folks,bull! his wife now likes america, bull! when she came to columbia,she would only visit black universities,and churches.they were in sc over a month so they had time to diversify.he has no answers only it's time for a change.this is not the time for a otj for a president,the world is moving too fast for a rookie president who probably has never even been in the whitehouse before.i believe he will be elected and when the obama's get to washington watch how they slam the door in whities face.oprah,farrakhan,jackson,sharpton,will turn the tables on america and divide this country like it's never been before.think i'm stupid? watch! then cry me a river.i'm writing in gore/edwards myself.

webdesigns
webdesigns 02/26/08 - 01:20 pm
charley... I am new here..As

charley... I am new here..As a rule i don't like your comments.... i think you are rude but ... have to agree with you on oooobama...

Eric
Eric 02/26/08 - 01:27 pm
NEWS FLASH!!!!!! Charley said

NEWS FLASH!!!!!! Charley said something I agree with. Obama definitely isn't the man for the job.

teabag1963
teabag1963 02/26/08 - 01:27 pm
jack how is my old stomping

jack how is my old stomping ground? are the cops still pulling people over for going 36 in a 35 mph zone?gannon/guckert visited the whitehouse 196 times on a vistors pass.he was not a reporter and had no credentials.bush knew his name and called on him ,strange? how did he know his name?the good old secret service refused to give congress the visitors logs,and then sent them one page with 2 visits.they destroyed the rest or hid them under national security.don't forget your history jack.the iranians released the hostages after reagan's people sold them tow missles to use against iraq.carter refused to deal with scumbags, atleast they all came home safe (hostages),bush wishes he could say the same.i wonder how he sleeps at night?

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 02/26/08 - 01:29 pm
You guys ought to look on the

You guys ought to look on the bright side. When Obama wins, that give four years to cry about somehing. Hey Greenjacket, when I get ready to buy a yacht, I'll worry about crossing that bridge. Hey converted southerner, I'll tell you what he has accomplished, about mid November.WWWWAAAAAAHHHHHHHH, you guys better stock up on kleenex.

Eric
Eric 02/26/08 - 01:32 pm
Just out on foxnews.com -

Just out on foxnews.com - Clinton camp admits March 4 is make or break.

walk_american
walk_american 02/26/08 - 01:34 pm
If Obama was to win I don't

If Obama was to win I don't know that he will last four years.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 02/26/08 - 01:43 pm
rcr.. if you work or own a

rcr.. if you work or own a business and obama wins, please tell us next yr how great things are for you. you might be complaining and crying then, also. if you have nothing and contribute nothing then you will continue to vote dem and keep expecting more and more freebies. be an intelligent and informed voter on all the issues.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 02/26/08 - 01:43 pm
Walk American, what do you

Walk American, what do you mean by that?

grouse
grouse 02/26/08 - 01:45 pm
Seats at the Bell are cramped

Seats at the Bell are cramped and uncomfortable.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 02/26/08 - 01:51 pm
Converted Southerner, I work

Converted Southerner, I work two jobs and own a business. I don't buy into your scare tactics. Not agreeing with your position, doesn't make me less intelligent or imformed. I tell you what when I vote in the future, I'll check with you first, NOT!!!!!!!

br2112br512
br2112br512 02/26/08 - 01:55 pm
Why do people fear what they

Why do people fear what they do not know. There is nothing wrong with the muslim religion.Ther are people who use the word of islam to justify hate and intolerance much like the name of Christ has been used by fanatics and extremist to justify hate and intolerance. Read up on christanity and see how many acts of violance have taken place in the name of God

nikki1975
nikki1975 02/26/08 - 01:58 pm
I like to thank everyone for

I like to thank everyone for their advice. Tall1 and charley yonce unfortunately for me you're right. I looked at the contract and what a contract. It looks like I'm going to be stuck with a overpriced piece of crap. Alot of people would say let them have it, but I have spent the last year rebuilding my credit. I really want to buy a house next year. So I have to keep paying for it. When I bought that van I was in a really bad place(divorce and brand new job) and if I had known that it was going to be this costly and painful I would never have giving JD byrider the time of day. I look back now and there were other options.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 02/26/08 - 02:02 pm
What kind of van is it? The

What kind of van is it? The manufacturer might have a recall and/or bullitin out on it.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 02/26/08 - 02:02 pm
rcr.. hope you are reading

rcr.. hope you are reading and listening to all that is being said or written. when you are not open to find out all you can about a candidate, you are uninformed and shows a lack of intelligence. some may be lies but others aren't. so be it. good luck and enjoy supporting all those people that contribute nothing.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 02/26/08 - 02:02 pm
Where you at PTHS? Stuck with

Where you at PTHS? Stuck with taxi duty?

nikki1975
nikki1975 02/26/08 - 02:09 pm
Augusta Resident 2002 Dodge

Augusta Resident 2002 Dodge Caravan Sport

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 02/26/08 - 02:12 pm
Hi everybody. I did

Hi everybody. I did something I've been trying to do for months. Finally made it to another Mayor's Prayer Breakfast. It was wonderfully uplifting and the breakfast was very nice, too. I try to go every month, but something always seems to happen, so I'm lucky if I make it once or twice a year. We would love more people to come. It is always nice to be around people that care about our city and are working to make it better. It was a great way to start the day.

Eric
Eric 02/26/08 - 02:22 pm
Y'all do realize that if

Y'all do realize that if Obama gets elected it will be an Obamanation?

Haddock
Haddock 02/26/08 - 02:23 pm
Scumridder all I can say

Scumridder all I can say about you is that you have the right name Scumridder.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 02/26/08 - 02:26 pm
Converted Southerner, you're

Converted Southerner, you're on deaf ears, dude. I pay my taxes and do everything, to keep them as low as possible. Voting Republican, is not one of them. You don't know, what I know, about a candidate. We all have one vote, don't tell me how to use mine and I want tell you how to use yours. Who told you , you was right about Obama? Guess what, the voters aren't listening.

Jillian
Jillian 02/26/08 - 02:31 pm
I hope for the sake of

I hope for the sake of everyone Obama doesn't win. Hilary is definitely the less of 2 evils.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 02/26/08 - 02:32 pm
Good one Tide, but it looks

Good one Tide, but it looks like Hillary is facing Obamanation.

walk_american
walk_american 02/26/08 - 02:33 pm
What I mean by that RCR are

What I mean by that RCR are two things. Either he will do such a poor job or some big scandle will break that he would be impeached or that while America has come a long way I think there are still people out there who would just not accept a black president and could potentially try to remove him from office.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 02/26/08 - 02:35 pm
Dodge caravan, that explains

Dodge caravan, that explains alot. But no recalls on the trans. take it to Weeks downtown, anything mechanical can be fixed.

MartinezWest Augusta