Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

BIG RAVE FOR Dianne at the CVS pharmacy on Peach Orchard for taking her time to get me my son's medicine. She called the insurance and after they denied covering the meds, she called his doctor to get him another med that the insurance would cover.

IF I WERE RUNNING for president I wouldn't want Ted to be on my side.

FOR THE PERSON WHO thinks that the "speed humps" are tearing up his front end: You just haven't found the right speed to cross them yet.

I AM SO SICK AND TIRED of the Gilbert Manor issue. Folks want everything for free.

HOW CAN I PUT THIS as delicate as possible: George Bush is, without a doubt, the worst president this country has ever seen, bar none.

A RANT TO the mom at our daughter's basketball game who yelled and screamed the entire game. Even the referee called you out by saying, "Shame on you"! These are CHILDREN and you really need to get a grip.

ABOUT THE POST OFFICE stamp machines: I remember a few years ago the post office was trying to compete with Internet/e-mail FedEx, UPS, DHL, but all they want to do now is discontinue convenient services. I call to complain, but it falls on deaf ears. I am surprised they haven't added a tax to us for having a mailbox in our front yards.

A BIG RANT TO THOSE WHO use smokers for cannon fodder. Not all smokers are the same, so don't stereotype us. And the government needs to quit upping the cigarette tax every time they need to pad their income. Remember what the Boston Tea Party was all about?

STOP PUTTING Tubman Middle down as if it's the worst junior high school in America. Let's talk about what goes on in those schools in Columbia County, as well as some of these private schools that keep all their dirt on the hush-hush!

IF GERRI SAMS WERE white, the black community would be demanding her head on a platter. It's obvious to anyone of even average intelligence what is going on in that department.

I ATTENDED THE David Copperfield show ... at the Bell Auditorium. I have to admit, the show was outstanding. However ... I was shocked at so many empty seats. It seems Augusta is trying to get headliners here; however, we just can't bring the people to the shows. Is this the fault of our local media, civic center and Bell marketing, or just that people are unwilling to spend the money for major headliners? I tend to lean toward the media, since I don't recall one TV ad whatsoever about his appearance. I faintly recall a small ad in this Sunday's paper, though. I have to say that I am very disappointed that we are not showing these acts what Augusta has to offer. Let's go, Augusta!

PTHS2
PTHS2 02/26/08 - 08:27 am
Dang, now I have Patricia and

Dang, now I have Patricia and Baroness laughing. Where have I gone wrong? ;-)

PlayaFace
PlayaFace 02/26/08 - 08:30 am
double d that is stereotyping

double d that is stereotyping us females... when i drink alone and puff on cigarettes its because i want to drink alone.... it doesnt mean you have a window to see if i want to puff on anything else... leave us isolated drinkers alone. i prefer to be by myself.

Da Voice Inside Your Head
Da Voice Inside Your Head 02/26/08 - 08:43 am
I'm Crushed. No one liked my

I'm Crushed. No one liked my Stinkometer IDEA? Just for that I"m gonna start smoking, quit washing and use tons of Oui"de Septictank perfume. I'll show you guys who the REAL Stinker is around here!

DRAMAMAMA
DRAMAMAMA 02/26/08 - 08:47 am
i would have loved to have

i would have loved to have seen david copperfield but honestly the tickets were way toooooooo darn high for my budget. i also agree that it's a shame that when we do have good big acts come into town no one really seems to go....but only reason that is, it's because of poor, lousy and virtually inexistent(i may have spelled that wrong...lol) publicity. i never once saw a commercial for it or fliers...the way i found out about it was by going to ticketmaster.com since im always searching for my dream concert ticket...but i saw many commercial for the celtic women but none for dc...thats their loss...and maybe ours too.

Eric
Eric 02/26/08 - 08:49 am
Morning Double D.

Morning Double D.

G.R.I.T.S
G.R.I.T.S 02/26/08 - 08:53 am
OK guys and gals, enough with

OK guys and gals, enough with smokers. Yes, I smoke. Not in my house or car, and not when I am with someone that doesn't smoke. If I smell bad, no one has ever told me. LOL

mojo
mojo 02/26/08 - 08:55 am
morning pt - hope the makers

morning pt - hope the makers of febreze kick back a little - yes smoke stinks and I'm fairly sure smokers know this.

3079PBRBOUND
3079PBRBOUND 02/26/08 - 08:55 am
I am a smoker. I am aware the

I am a smoker. I am aware the smell is offensive to others. It is offensive to me as well but it is a habit that I find very hard to break. I try very hard to be courteous to those around me I seperate myself from everyone when I smoke. Congratulations Christian134 on your ability to quit.

Eric
Eric 02/26/08 - 08:55 am
Playa, you could turn that

Playa, you could turn that last post into a song.....oh....wait.....George Thorogood did that already.

PTHS2
PTHS2 02/26/08 - 08:56 am
G'moring GRITS and Tide - I,

G'moring GRITS and Tide - I, for one, promise to pop an Altoid peppermint in my mouf before making out with PT. Now, if every smoker would just do their part.... ;-)

mojo
mojo 02/26/08 - 08:58 am
A Rant and a Challenge to all

A Rant and a Challenge to all the liberals out there trying to raise taxes more and more - if you think "we" should pay more just answer one question, How much extra did YOU send to the county, state, federal government, etc. last year? I've asked this question many times and invariably the answer is a big fat NOTHING. If you think your taxes are to low - then send in more - on your own - if you haven't (1) you're a hypocrite and (2) leave the rest of us alone as we try to make ends meet.

Eric
Eric 02/26/08 - 09:01 am
Morning PTHS.

Morning PTHS.

LostYankee72
LostYankee72 02/26/08 - 09:02 am
Maybe no one goes to acts

Maybe no one goes to acts like David Copperfield is because Augustans are cheap. They can't justify spending $25-$40 for a ticket when most major cities easily charge at least $75 and as much $250 for such events. Those cities have no problem packing in those arenas. Let's face it CSRA, you are all CHEAP!!

Eric
Eric 02/26/08 - 09:10 am
I've got better things to

I've got better things to spend my money on than a David Copperfield show. I wouldn't go if it were free.

teabag1963
teabag1963 02/26/08 - 09:11 am
why doesn't 14 putt become

why doesn't 14 putt become president, then after every speech instead of saying god bless america,he can say i love you kathysueloudermilk! dude after 9,988 times posted on here let it go.let the beaver cleaver act rest!angie did you ever see the movie "at close range" if you did remember when walken has the the little red head pinned against the door in the motel,and she says'the answer is no" and he says " i ain't asking" i ain't either besides i get more play by mistake than i do on purpose,while some on here couldn't get any play if their life depended upon it.cyndick,i don't care if you need a man or not,but you need some one to help with the bills.don't let the bum hide in aiken with some skank laid off from fiberglass, get an attorney and divorce him,and make him pay since he abandoned you.try to get a little piece of alimony also.i would hate to see any female on here have to settle for one of these 75 yr old goats begging for a date.you know the ones who don't need to set an alarm clock,they just pray that they wake up the next day.hang in there baroness, because when these idiots elect obama,you ain't seen the in your face attitude that we will see then.i'm writing in gor

1trugent
1trugent 02/26/08 - 09:16 am
How can I put this, the worst

How can I put this, the worst Republican president is better than the best Democrat. Your symbol of the jackass speaks for itself.

Daddyrabbit
Daddyrabbit 02/26/08 - 09:25 am
I agree with pt about the

I agree with pt about the smokers. Problem is they can't smell it so I guess they're innocent by default. HOWEVER, how "cool" is it to be seen with a roll of smoldering weed hanging from your mouth. I bet the majority of them don't even know about the floor sweepings or the liquid made from the waste that goes into these things. I guess if you THINK you're enjoying the presence of your MASTER, then it's all just fine. BUT, don't subject me to it!

1trugent
1trugent 02/26/08 - 09:37 am
Well, I'm telling you. If

Well, I'm telling you. If you smoke, then you stink.
Cigarettes will cause regrets. Something to remember.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 02/26/08 - 09:38 am
Good morning Charley...I feel

Good morning Charley...I feel sure someone loves you.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 02/26/08 - 09:39 am
Roll on big Tide...Double D,

Roll on big Tide...Double D, what's up dog???

Jillian
Jillian 02/26/08 - 09:40 am
Some cigarettes smell

Some cigarettes smell stronger than others :)

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 02/26/08 - 09:41 am
Charley, I'm still offering

Charley, I'm still offering the same advice from yesterday

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 02/26/08 - 09:41 am
Sorry If I didn't offend you

Sorry If I didn't offend you

wantchangecashadollar
wantchangecashadollar 02/26/08 - 09:42 am
If people quit smoking how

If people quit smoking how would Liberals and Democrats pay for all the Social Programs that they are offereing to buy votes of the lazy? Fat people stink too...with all the sweating and rubbing of thighs...let's outlaw fat people too...

mojo
mojo 02/26/08 - 09:42 am
More bad news for the

More bad news for the OsamaniteS - perhaps he feels like everyone's money is his to spend. From today's London Times. Osama apparantly likes to live well and thanks to a A British-IRAQI billionaire he does - the British-IRAQI billionairelent millions of dollars to Barack Obama's fundraiser just weeks before an imprudent land deal that has returned to haunt the presidential contender, an investigation by The Times discloses. The money transfer raises the question of whether funds from Nadhmi Auchi, one of Britain’s wealthiest men, helped Mr Obama buy his mock Georgian mansion in Chicago. A company related to Mr Auchi, who has a conviction for corruption in France, registered the loan to Mr Obama's bagman Antoin "Tony" Rezko on May 23 2005. Mr Auchi says the loan, through the Panamanian company Fintrade Services SA, was for $3.5 million.

Eric
Eric 02/26/08 - 09:43 am
PUTT, I see you finally got

PUTT, I see you finally got out of bed! Morning.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 02/26/08 - 09:45 am
RT Are you supposed to get up

RT Are you supposed to get up when it's raining??? What kind of boss would expect you to be productive in this weather? I think we should all stay at home, cuddle up by the fire, drink hot chocloate &........

dani
dani 02/26/08 - 09:46 am
mojo..Don't you dare

mojo..Don't you dare criticize Obama. That is not allowed. Look what has happened to "poor Hillary". :)

Eric
Eric 02/26/08 - 09:56 am
I guess my boss is a slave

I guess my boss is a slave driver. Besides, it wasn't raining here when I got up. Just started about 30 mins ago.

Eric
Eric 02/26/08 - 09:59 am
To the person blaming the

To the person blaming the media for the poor showing at the Copperfield show. It is not up to the media to market the show. It's up to Copperfields people to do that by buying airtime for commercials on the TV, adds in papers, etc. After all, that is how they make their money isn't it?

Census: Augusta young adults struggling

A new report shows that young adults in the area today are better educated and on average, earn more money than 30 years ago, but are far more likely to be unemployed, unmarried and living with ...