Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

BIG RAVE FOR Dianne at the CVS pharmacy on Peach Orchard for taking her time to get me my son's medicine. She called the insurance and after they denied covering the meds, she called his doctor to get him another med that the insurance would cover.

IF I WERE RUNNING for president I wouldn't want Ted to be on my side.

FOR THE PERSON WHO thinks that the "speed humps" are tearing up his front end: You just haven't found the right speed to cross them yet.

I AM SO SICK AND TIRED of the Gilbert Manor issue. Folks want everything for free.

HOW CAN I PUT THIS as delicate as possible: George Bush is, without a doubt, the worst president this country has ever seen, bar none.

A RANT TO the mom at our daughter's basketball game who yelled and screamed the entire game. Even the referee called you out by saying, "Shame on you"! These are CHILDREN and you really need to get a grip.

ABOUT THE POST OFFICE stamp machines: I remember a few years ago the post office was trying to compete with Internet/e-mail FedEx, UPS, DHL, but all they want to do now is discontinue convenient services. I call to complain, but it falls on deaf ears. I am surprised they haven't added a tax to us for having a mailbox in our front yards.

A BIG RANT TO THOSE WHO use smokers for cannon fodder. Not all smokers are the same, so don't stereotype us. And the government needs to quit upping the cigarette tax every time they need to pad their income. Remember what the Boston Tea Party was all about?

STOP PUTTING Tubman Middle down as if it's the worst junior high school in America. Let's talk about what goes on in those schools in Columbia County, as well as some of these private schools that keep all their dirt on the hush-hush!

IF GERRI SAMS WERE white, the black community would be demanding her head on a platter. It's obvious to anyone of even average intelligence what is going on in that department.

I ATTENDED THE David Copperfield show ... at the Bell Auditorium. I have to admit, the show was outstanding. However ... I was shocked at so many empty seats. It seems Augusta is trying to get headliners here; however, we just can't bring the people to the shows. Is this the fault of our local media, civic center and Bell marketing, or just that people are unwilling to spend the money for major headliners? I tend to lean toward the media, since I don't recall one TV ad whatsoever about his appearance. I faintly recall a small ad in this Sunday's paper, though. I have to say that I am very disappointed that we are not showing these acts what Augusta has to offer. Let's go, Augusta!

DoubleD
DoubleD 02/26/08 - 05:18 am
Copperfield is old, we want

Copperfield is old, we want Criss Angel. Just kidding! What's up everyone? I must have serious problems; taking the time to make an appearance on the Rants and Raves when I'm in the Philippines. You guys are addictive! I'm always looking forward to CBBP and Rolltide's posts, along with a few others. Take care for now...San Miguel is waiting for me.

wildman
wildman 02/26/08 - 05:44 am
My water heater needs

My water heater needs replacing, I need someone from Gilbert Manor to fix it or give me a contact so that I can get it free. Not all but most of those folks just need to get a job, buy a home and stop depending on the govt. Oh I forgot, that means they would have to actually get up and do something.

jebko
jebko 02/26/08 - 06:46 am
A BIG RAVE for the Celtic

A BIG RAVE for the Celtic Woman concert. Only two words can describe it... Purity and Perfection! BRAVO! BRAVO!

jebko
jebko 02/26/08 - 06:49 am
A big Rave for the Celtic

A big Rave for the Celtic Woman Concert. Only two words can describe it... Purity and Perfection! BRAVO! BRAVO!

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 02/26/08 - 06:57 am
The delicate Bush comment is

The delicate Bush comment is a comment made without intelligent foundation. I'm sure the democratic party will appreciate your vote.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 02/26/08 - 07:04 am
All smokers have one thing in

All smokers have one thing in common. They smoke. Smoke stinks to those not addicted. Smokers don't know this so their habit comes across as not only rude, but offensive. Smokers don't know this. Maybe smokers have several things in common. Here's something else smokers don't seem to know. Your hair and clothes reek of the smoke smell and as long as you have them with you, the smell is with you. Maybe if smokers would spritz each other with Febreze after each imbibing it would cut down on the stench and a good bit of the offensiveness. (don't shoot the messenger)

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 02/26/08 - 07:07 am
David Copperfield was in

David Copperfield was in town?

PTHS2
PTHS2 02/26/08 - 07:15 am
PT - G'mornin! - There is no

PT - G'mornin! - There is no need to sugar coat your feelings on smoking, please tell us exactly how you feel. I am comforted to know however, that any time I don't know what I know, I can consult you for guidance since you can read smokers' minds. ;-)

DeborahElliott2
DeborahElliott2 02/26/08 - 07:27 am
You will have to excuse PT,

You will have to excuse PT, Pat is a hard core Republican regardless of their screwups, but don't get offended, I am not all that thrilled with who we got left to vote for, I am not hard core anything political, regardless of WHO it is! The Democratic Party is to blame for most of the money being Spent, but King George isn't helping when it comes to wanting money to fall OUT of the USA.

christian134
christian134 02/26/08 - 07:33 am
To the smokers rant...Smokers

To the smokers rant...Smokers pollute the air for others so give it up. Find another vice...And before anyone says anything contrary just wanted to pass on that I am a former smoker who polluted the air for over 28 years ended up with progressive lung disease so just try to quit and stop gripping if others protest your smoke. They don't want to die a slow death.

Jennifer30907
Jennifer30907 02/26/08 - 07:34 am
I am a reformed smoker and

I am a reformed smoker and I'm offended by pat's comments! I think since the US is all about not offending anyone, she needs to be banned. Just kidding. I am reformed and I agree but not so harshly. I'm not going to lie, it's hard to quit. It took a long time for me to do it but the rewards are so worth it. I can finally taste my food! Now, I need to lose the weight I am putting on.

local girl
local girl 02/26/08 - 07:55 am
I think Patrica Thomas should

I think Patrica Thomas should run for predsident after all she knows everything.

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 02/26/08 - 08:04 am
DAVID COPPERFIELD? I would

DAVID COPPERFIELD? I would have loved to see him. Didn't know. I thought I was up to snuff on all that kinda thing. Gotta go to work now. More in the p.m. Oh, and, all due respect christian134 DON'T tell me what to give up and what VICE to choose. thank you.

PTHS2
PTHS2 02/26/08 - 08:06 am
G'morning Angie - I also

G'morning Angie - I also heard about the David Copperfield show for the first time this morning when I read the R&R comment. "Nice job" on the publicity.

Jillian
Jillian 02/26/08 - 08:12 am
Those plastic bottles we all

Those plastic bottles we all pay to drink water from causes cancer too...so I don't see much difference in worrying about the risk of smoking....There are millions of things causing millions of people to die from cancer...and most meds and treatments for cancer patients are so expensive the majority of people who need them can't afford them.

CSRAider
CSRAider 02/26/08 - 08:15 am
I like David Copperfield but

I like David Copperfield but I would be the only one who eould go. My kids want the new guys not the old guys.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 02/26/08 - 08:33 am
All I commented on was the

All I commented on was the horrendous oder of the cigarette smoke. Not the cancer. While I see I inadvertently offended some, I also notice no one is disagreeing with my analysis. Stink is stink and smokers reek and don't seem to know it. Think Febreze.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 02/26/08 - 08:34 am

Thank you local girl, but I think the "knows everything" comment is relative.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 02/26/08 - 08:35 am
PTHS, are you saying you know

PTHS, are you saying you know smoke reeks and are just ignoring it?

Jillian
Jillian 02/26/08 - 08:47 am
My comment about cancer was

My comment about cancer was in response to christian 134's about dying a slow death. It would be interesting to see a list of all the things known to cause cancer today.

I think most smoker's know the smell of smoke stays with them and I also think most smoker's know it greatly increases their risk of cancer. It's a matter of choice, and they choose to smoke.

Da Voice Inside Your Head
Da Voice Inside Your Head 02/26/08 - 08:51 am
I, as a non smoker, know that

I, as a non smoker, know that people who smoke smell, like cigs. But people who use massive amounts of perfume, or just have poor personal hygine also stink. People also have bad breath. What we need are the STINK POLICE! Equip them with portable STINKOMETERS! If you fail the STINK TEST then it's a big fine or 30 days of enforced showers and forced use of freebreze and mouthwash! Then attendence at STINK SCHOOL. For multiple offences use of a HOME STINKOMETER that will not allow you out of your house if you don't pass the stink test. That will show those NASTY STINKERS!

PlayaFace
PlayaFace 02/26/08 - 09:03 am
these comments make me want

these comments make me want to go have a cigarette...

KSL
KSL 02/26/08 - 09:04 am
I have forgotten who it was,

I have forgotten who it was, but someone who posts here posted on several threads that David Copperfield was coming to the Bell. That is how I knew. The poster posted it so many times that another poster asked if he was David Copperfield's manager.

EdithPiaf
EdithPiaf 02/26/08 - 09:09 am
YAY The movie about Edith

YAY The movie about Edith Piaf got an Oscar! Well, the actress that played her, (Marion Cotillard) won for best actress, anyway. Awesome movie...but then again, I have a biased opinion :-)

EdithPiaf
EdithPiaf 02/26/08 - 09:12 am
I used to smoke. No need to

I used to smoke. No need to be in denial about the stench. I hated the smell so much that I would brush my teeth after smoking. Thank God for giving me the strength and sense to quit and stay quit! It's a terrible habit!

EdithPiaf
EdithPiaf 02/26/08 - 09:13 am
Good morning patriciathomas!

Good morning patriciathomas!

PTHS2
PTHS2 02/26/08 - 09:18 am
PT - Yes, that is exactly

PT - Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. It smells fine to me. Sometimes I even suck on my hair for extra flavor when I'm sitting here typing. I don't smoke inside my house.

DoubleD
DoubleD 02/26/08 - 09:19 am
If no one smoked how would I

If no one smoked how would I know who to hit on in the bars? First of all, we all know that perfume and cigarette smoke in a womans hair is the sexiest scent. Second, the lady drinking alone smoking cigarettes...I'm not gonna go there, but if they are willing to puff on a stinky cigarette....you get the picture.

PTHS2
PTHS2 02/26/08 - 09:24 am
DD - You are in the P.I.!

DD - You are in the P.I.! Get another Sam Magoo and head down to the Fire Empire or Vampire club in Angelis City! We'll keep these sweet Augusta gals under control while you enjoy the LBFM's.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 02/26/08 - 09:24 am
lol pths

lol pths

Evans mother gets probation
An Evans mother on Wednesday pleaded guilty to six counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and was sentenced to six years on probation in a case that both the defense and prosecuting ...