Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers:

A BIG RAVE to the employees of Doctors Hospital and Joseph M. Still Burn Center.

RAVES TO DONNA and Melissa at the front desk of University Prompt Care Center!

A RANT FOR Chronicle sports writers. When are y'all going to give Lakeside High School a break?

RAVE FOR Patricia at the MCG love lab. She was wonderful.

AUGUSTA CHRONICLE, please put back our Metro like we had it.

FAT MAN'S sold out to MCG. You will find that out in the weeks to come.

ON FEB. 9, some wonderful person found my credit card and turned it into customer service at Reid's on Augusta-Aiken Highway. Thank you.

I MISS THE STOCK REPORTS. I don't have a computer and the stock reports were very helpful.

RAVE FOR THE Augusta Housing Authority. I want to thank Sharlene Denton and Doug Downs for a job well done.

RE: STATE REP. DON SMITH, Republican of North Augusta's recent remark in another newspaper that illegal immigration is a national problem not a state problem in S.C. It's time for Don to come back home. He needs to retire like Skipper Perry of Aiken. He is only taking up space in Columbia.

BIG RANT TO THE new and improved Augusta Chronicle . I am a longtime reader and I do not like it at all.

I LOVE THE CHRONICLE, but what have you done to it? You've messed it up.

A RAVE FOR James at Rite Aid on Walton Way. He's very helpful.

I'M THE ORIGINAL ranter who suggested you eat a pack of cigarettes. Take the filters off. Then eat them.

Ralph_Wiggum
Ralph_Wiggum 02/18/08 - 12:50 am
I think the new Chronicle

I think the new Chronicle looks great!!!

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 02/18/08 - 01:06 am
Someone finally leaked out

Someone finally leaked out the truth about Fat Man's. Whew, now I can sleep at night.

charlesmanson
charlesmanson 02/18/08 - 01:09 am
gee guys sorry i missed the

gee guys sorry i missed the get together last week. i must have missed the subliminal messages posted in the posts.it's funny that the same 7 or 8 people show up, or know about it.yet 30 showed up? bull! there aren't 30 posters on here.maybe the gang of 7 or 8 are ashamed of their appearance and don't want to be seen. in all seriousness who the hell cares?i wouldn't waste my time or gas why would anyone else? maybe the next one will be at the upcoming ihop on the south side.i'll just look for the motorcycles,rebel flags,pick up trucks with bush/cheney bumper stickers displayed,and some old wannabe drunk marine passed out in his 4x4 parked outside woo-who!

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 02/18/08 - 01:34 am
There was no get together

There was no get together last week so don't feel bad about not being invited. We are working on it. there is an e-mail address on yesterdays R&R's. My truck only has a black window sticker with a W on it. I don't ride my bike drunk. I won't go to a party at IHOP unless they start selling beer. I'd rather a drunk Marine pass out, they usually put up a pretty good fight when they are concious. What is a rebel flag?

PTHS2
PTHS2 02/18/08 - 03:23 am
How much fun was it to see

How much fun was it to see the Alltel sponsored car win the first Sprint Cup race? Happy President's Day!

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 02/18/08 - 04:23 am
It was more fun seeing Kyle

It was more fun seeing Kyle Bush screw up. I bet Tony had a few words with him.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 02/18/08 - 04:30 am
Presidents Day!!! Kaching

Presidents Day!!! Kaching

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 02/18/08 - 05:42 am
No desert until you finish

No desert until you finish your cigarettes.

He_Who_Must_Not_Be_Named
He_Who_Must_Not_Be_Named 02/18/08 - 05:51 am
charlieyonce, I think you're

charlieyonce, I think you're just mad that nobody invited you. It's ok man....they didn't ask me either.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 02/18/08 - 06:10 am
Ya'll can come to the

Ya'll can come to the cigarette lunch, we just have to set a time and place. We'll have door prizes and 50/50 raffle. $5 singles and $8 couples. Women drink free till I look gooder.

He_Who_Must_Not_Be_Named
He_Who_Must_Not_Be_Named 02/18/08 - 06:16 am
cigarette lunch???Umm I dunno

cigarette lunch???Umm I dunno what that means but you can count me out of that. I think I would rather hang out with Charlie and listen to stories about how aliens gave him an anal probe.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 02/18/08 - 06:27 am
We don't call the aliens

We don't call the aliens anymore, we call them illegals.

He_Who_Must_Not_Be_Named
He_Who_Must_Not_Be_Named 02/18/08 - 06:41 am
lol...no that is outdated

lol...no that is outdated too. The term now is undocumented.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 02/18/08 - 06:45 am
If Hillary gets elected they

If Hillary gets elected they will be called notyetdocumented.

PTHS2
PTHS2 02/18/08 - 06:58 am
Since we are celebrating

Since we are celebrating President's Day today, I didn't want anybody to forget this one. On 18 Feb 1861, Jefferson Davis was sworn in as provisional president of the Confederate States of America.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 02/18/08 - 07:04 am
This holiday is designated as

This holiday is designated as "Washington's Birthday" in section 6103(a) of title 5 of the United States Code, which is the law that specifies holidays for Federal employees. Though other institutions such as state and local governments and private businesses may use other names, it is our policy to always refer to holidays by the names designated in the law.

DeborahElliott2
DeborahElliott2 02/18/08 - 07:11 am
For the rant about the stock

For the rant about the stock reports, you really need to get yourself a computer. Or, is it that you have a computer and are otherwise incapable of operating it? You are not computer illiterate are you? Then how in the heck did you post a rant???

PTHS2
PTHS2 02/18/08 - 07:18 am
AR - that's pretty good

AR - that's pretty good research for a guy who can't even check spelling! ;-)

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 02/18/08 - 07:23 am
I ran across that while

I ran across that while trying to find out how much money I'm making.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 02/18/08 - 07:31 am
Isn't there 24 huor stcok

Isn't there 24 huor stcok info on CNN Fox and MNSBC? I wolud thikn it chagnes all day making the paper obsiolete.

aintryt
aintryt 02/18/08 - 08:21 am
To the jerk who threw his/her

To the jerk who threw his/her beer bottle out on Heph-Mcbean Rd. I didn't see you do it, but I couldn't avoid the broken shards and it put a hole in my new tire.

oh man
oh man 02/18/08 - 08:29 am
On presidents day lets

On presidents day lets remember that we should vote for a president who will pledge his allegiance to the American Flag not to Mother Africia. NO OSAMA for president!! NO OSAMA for president

oh man
oh man 02/18/08 - 08:29 am
On presidents day lets

oh man
oh man 02/18/08 - 08:29 am
On presidents day lets

Eric
Eric 02/18/08 - 08:33 am
Morning ladies and gentlemen!

Morning ladies and gentlemen! You too Charlie.

JustLilMe
JustLilMe 02/18/08 - 08:38 am
I heard the woman at Fat

I heard the woman at Fat Man's tell someone they had sold the building to Paine College, but that the sale fell through?

workingmom
workingmom 02/18/08 - 08:41 am
Does anyone know if Fat Man's

Does anyone know if Fat Man's is planning on relocating anywhere in the area?

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 02/18/08 - 08:42 am
Morning Tide, How was your

Morning Tide, How was your weekend? The Nascar was exciting, the liquor was old and smooth and the boiled peanuts hot. What more could a man ask for?

Eric
Eric 02/18/08 - 08:49 am
Mine was okay. How bout

Mine was okay. How bout yours? I thought it was a good race too.

Coach Lover
Coach Lover 02/18/08 - 08:50 am
@ oh man... At least you know

@ oh man... At least you know who your Mother is. Now if only we could figure out "Who's Ya Daddy???" Just joking.

City Ink: New board means more work for me

First Mayor-elect Hardie Davis will be sworn in, and the very next day the work will begin. Commissioners will meet and the gavel will fall. It will be a brand new day at City Hall.