Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

RAVES FOR HILLARY! Why not elect Hillary? Bill is going to be right there by her side. You get two presidents for the price of one. What a bargain for the American people!

MY RANT FOR the Augusta Mall. Why does it not allow pedestrians to ride their bikes on the property or to keep them on the property? They have nowhere to put their bicycles, and security has asked me to leave twice. Mall management does not seem to care or do anything about it.

THIS RAVE GOES out to Ms. Wells, Ms. Jackson and Mr. Perdue down at the division of family social services. Thank you for your time and effort and caring. Thank you for the excellent customer service.

BILL AND HILLARY have their long knives out and are slicing and dicing Obama. The only good part about this is that this time it's happening to a Democrat instead of a Republican.

IT'S A SHAME that University Hospital can brag about how much money it makes, yet it is the lowest-paying hospital in Augusta.

TO THE PERSON who said that the difference between Columbia County and Richmond County is money: Did that person notice that the people in Columbia County work and pay taxes and earn a paycheck? And that's good. But most people in Columbia County work in Richmond County. So let's get it right.

THIS RAVE IS for whoever put the American flag on top of the giant building going up next to the Savannah River in North Augusta. It's nice to see that we can still build something in this country.

MY RANT IS for the new judicial center. It is on overpriced land, and it is too far from the lawyers' offices. It's next to a railroad track and former toxic waste grounds.

YOU CAN'T VOTE for the party any more in this presidential election. You must vote for the principles of these people running for president. And I think John Edwards is hoping to be the vice president for Hillary. It's very obvious.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 02/15/08 - 05:39 am
Where is the judicial center

Where is the judicial center going to be built?

DeborahElliott2
DeborahElliott2 02/15/08 - 05:59 am
Maybe if you ask the security

Maybe if you ask the security why bikes, skateboards, roller skates are not allowed, it would give you an idea of how to understand the policies better. For one thing, bikes may represent loitering or a trashed place to them, or you may bang into other people with what you are riding. This mall doesn't want you to be a window shopper only, they want you to BUY and SPEND. Although I would agree that riding a bike will cut down on fuel costs for you if you work there, but there is no place in Augusta to do that here. They are all about their high gas prices and raising taxes. I have been here long enough to learn they are not interested in saving money.

Ralph_Wiggum
Ralph_Wiggum 02/15/08 - 06:05 am
For the Rant about the Mall

For the Rant about the Mall and your bike, dude, you could just take a cab.... ya might have to pay, but then you wouldnt have a issue about where to leave ya stuff. And when ya got ready to leave the mall, there are lines of cabs waiting out side to take ya home. With theft as bad as it is, why would ya want to leave ya bike where someone could steal it.... I mean thats just crazy talk.

Ralph_Wiggum
Ralph_Wiggum 02/15/08 - 06:07 am
will Augusta get a Monorail?

will Augusta get a Monorail? or is that unpossible.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 02/15/08 - 06:22 am
The only monorail idea I've

The only monorail idea I've ever heard of is one from here to Atlanta.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 02/15/08 - 06:23 am
Maybe the lawyers can build

Maybe the lawyers can build one from their office to the new judicial center.

1313 02/15/08 - 06:55 am
Well at least the lawyers

Well at least the lawyers don't have to worry about getting mugged on the way to the courthouse- It's called professional courtesy.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 02/15/08 - 06:57 am
A rave to Toyota, they looked

A rave to Toyota, they looked real good yesterday.

DeborahElliott2
DeborahElliott2 02/15/08 - 07:26 am
Yes, our lawyers are

Yes, our lawyers are safe...till they get to that new courthouse where they want to build a judicial center on toxic land...then they will file suit for health reasons.

Ralph_Wiggum
Ralph_Wiggum 02/15/08 - 07:37 am
So if we protest and refuse

So if we protest and refuse to go to court (due to the possibility of health reasons or possible mutation )once we have been given a subpoena, would that hold up in court? Or is that Unpossible too?

He_Who_Must_Not_Be_Named
He_Who_Must_Not_Be_Named 02/15/08 - 08:05 am
Monorails are often infested

Monorails are often infested with possums....at least that's my understanding from watching the Simpsons, they've never lied to me yet.

CSRAider
CSRAider 02/15/08 - 08:25 am
Most people in columbia

Most people in columbia county dont work in ricmond county try burke co/Aiken co

pofwe
pofwe 02/15/08 - 08:39 am
Ralph, with God all things

Ralph, with God all things are unpossible.

pantherluvcik
pantherluvcik 02/15/08 - 09:46 am
Slicing and dicing Obama?

Slicing and dicing Obama?

thugskin
thugskin 02/15/08 - 09:49 am
I went to the Food Lion on 56

I went to the Food Lion on 56 last night. My god do south augusta residents brush their teeth. I could not tell you how many toothless wonders I saw there.

1trugent
1trugent 02/15/08 - 10:04 am
Oh. They hang out at Food

Oh. They hang out at Food Lion too? I thought it was only the Waffle House.

luv2scrapbk
luv2scrapbk 02/15/08 - 10:11 am
Yes, for a matter of fact

Yes, for a matter of fact "thugskin" people is South Augusta do brush there teeth and we also have indoor plumbing . There are some good people who leave in that area. One being me and my family! Just because you live in South Augusta makes you no less a person that those who live in Columbia Cty.

He_Who_Must_Not_Be_Named
He_Who_Must_Not_Be_Named 02/15/08 - 10:16 am
I think it's great that so

I think it's great that so far I haven't noticed any news agency give out the name or any pictures of that jackass that shot up the college in Illinois. They do seem to be talking up his academic record a good bit but at least they haven't published his manifesto or aired his propaganda film (they all have one these days) like they have in every case up to this point. I hope it remains as it is, but I'm sure at some point someone will want to scoop everybody else and run his life story and then the cat will be out of the bag. I hope everyone will join me in an angry letter writing campaign and boycott against whoever is the first to glorify this weak, demented, cowardly murderer.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 02/15/08 - 10:18 am
Not only do we brush our

Not only do we brush our teeth, on the southern side of Augusta, some of our best dentists over on the West side grew up here and were educated here on the southern side. I know a family that has tooth problems due to being on non-fluoridated well water in their younger years until the city water was finally connected to their home which was built decades before the subdivisions around it. If you see a problem, why don't become a dentist and set up shop in this area?

He_Who_Must_Not_Be_Named
He_Who_Must_Not_Be_Named 02/15/08 - 10:26 am
God Thugskin, baroness just

God Thugskin, baroness just owned you.

mommie2
mommie2 02/15/08 - 10:28 am
Southside rocks!

Southside rocks!

thugskin
thugskin 02/15/08 - 10:34 am
Don't tell me how great South

Don't tell me how great South Augusta is because I go there.
Yes there are some good people in south augusta but their numbers are shrinking. More riff raff is coming in. It will very shorltly become a crime invested section 8 dump.

It's called trumiph of the will and there is simply no will left there.

thugskin
thugskin 02/15/08 - 10:34 am
Don't tell me how great South

Don't tell me how great South Augusta is because I go there.

It's called trumiph of the will and there is simply no will left there.

thugskin
thugskin 02/15/08 - 10:34 am
Don't tell me how great South

Don't tell me how great South Augusta is because I go there.

It's called trumiph of the will and there is simply no will left there.

mommie2
mommie2 02/15/08 - 10:48 am
There is plenty of will in

There is plenty of will in South Augusta. The city has basically given up on it so dumb people can run rampant.

reddog
reddog 02/15/08 - 10:48 am
OK, so the Navy is going to

OK, so the Navy is going to shoot down this satellite early next week and they hope that the hit it on the first shot. My question is if they miss where does this missile that missed the target come down at or does it travel through space until it eventually hits something? And where exactly is all this debris from this satellite suppose to land? They hope it is the ocean! I say look out Louisiana FEMA trailer park!

reddog
reddog 02/15/08 - 10:48 am
OK, so the Navy is going to

OK, so the Navy is going to shoot down this satellite early next week and they hope that they hit it on the first shot. My question is if they miss where does this missile that missed the target come down at or does it travel through space until it eventually hits something? And where exactly is all this debris from this satellite suppose to land? They hope it is the ocean! I say look out Louisiana FEMA trailer park!

walk_american
walk_american 02/15/08 - 11:35 am
He who must not be named.

He who must not be named. They have now released his name. No way to keep it out of the news forever.

dani
dani 02/15/08 - 11:36 am
reddog. You did''t get the

reddog. You did''t get the entire message. It was explained how and when they would use missiles 2 and 3 if it becomes necessary.

Eric
Eric 02/15/08 - 11:43 am
"The gunman was identified as

"The gunman was identified as Steven Kazmierczak, a university official told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the name had not been released by police."

Man reports McCormick attack

A South Carolina man told police three men attempted to sexually assault him and then shot at him while he was bicycling in McCormick County late Saturday.