Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

A RAVE TO THE man who passed me yesterday on Washington Road holding up a sign that said MORON: You made me laugh for hours. Sorry I was going the speed limit.

A RANT FOR the Republican Party that John McCain is the best we have. I'm voting Democrat this time so at least the liberals can't blame the Republicans of George Bush when the terrorists inflict their carnage on American soil.

RANT FOR Augusta Regional Airport and a rave for Columbia Metro Airport. Why is it cheaper to fly from Columbia to Atlanta and to your destination than it is to fly from Augusta to Atlanta, then to your destination?

RAVES TO GOV. Sonny Perdue for adding the Academic Auditing section to the Governor's Office of Student Achievement. Georgia taxpayers and students deserve a public school system whose performance is monitored by a section operating outside the confines and influence of our state's educational bureaucracies.

RAVES TO THE STAFF at the main Columbia County library for operating a world-class facility!

A RANT TO the parent who allowed a child to bring home a pink digital camera that you know you did not purchase. Your child stole it from a student in Academy of Richmond County's child-care class.

A HUGE RAVE to Monkey Joe's on Furys Ferry Road. This past Thursday, the facility was open free to kids with special needs from 7 to 8 p.m. What an awesome opportunity for our children who miss out on so many activities.

JOHN EDWARDS needs to run as a third party independent candidate. There is no one left to speak for us liberals! Obama and Clinton are closet conservatives. Oh sure, they talk about taxing the rich and big business, and they give lip service to universal health care and to an increase in our entitlement programs. But if they get into office they will crumble under the pressure just like Bill did when he was in office.

RANT FOR Augusta Chronicle sports writers. What is it going to take for Lakeside to make headlines in sports? It's always Greenbrier on the cover.

WELL, WE SEE Mitt Romney's dropped out of the campaign, so now John McCain's got it. John McCain will never admit to doing wrong in that amnesty. ... He evades it when you ask him. But he has got a vile temper and it scares me because he's the guy with the finger on the button.

WhiskyDick
WhiskyDick 02/12/08 - 06:01 am
If you think Obama and

If you think Obama and Clinton are not liberal enough, it's time to move back to Berkeley.

spencmrr
spencmrr 02/12/08 - 06:24 am
ahhh cheww!

ahhh cheww!

PTHS2
PTHS2 02/12/08 - 06:29 am
WD - LOL!!! Good morning and

WD - LOL!!! Good morning and I agree....I'd say the same about McCain too. Did you know that he is only 5'9" tall? Harrison was last president elected who was under the national height average.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 02/12/08 - 06:39 am
"Short people have no reason

"Short people have no reason to live" (Randy Newman)

pofwe
pofwe 02/12/08 - 06:42 am
Don't worry 'bout McCain's

Don't worry 'bout McCain's finger being on the button. Worry when he's elected & points his "middle finger" at his electors & signs an amnesty bill for the illegal aliens. Worse yet, wait til he points his "index finger" at Lindsey Graham and says, "I want you for my Attorney General." Remember, Lindsey won't be re-elected.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 02/12/08 - 06:47 am
To the fool making the John

To the fool making the John Edwards comment. You have no idea of the role of government and absolutely no idea of the purpose of the POTUS. Get a job.

PTHS2
PTHS2 02/12/08 - 06:47 am
PT - I'm just a triviot.

PT - I'm just a triviot. Nothing else in this cam-Pain race is making sense. So I just thought I would toss that one out there. Watch for me on Jeopardy one day ;-).

PTHS2
PTHS2 02/12/08 - 07:01 am
Happy Birthday to Abraham

Happy Birthday to Abraham Lincoln and Charles Darwin (1809), Lorne Green (1915) and Arsenio Hall (1955).

CyndiCk
CyndiCk 02/12/08 - 07:13 am
Happy birthday to you, Happy

Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday all you dead guys!(except Arsenio) Happy birthday too you!

LadyCisback
LadyCisback 02/12/08 - 07:37 am
Can anybody tell me how does

Can anybody tell me how does a five minute ride to my child's school becomes a fifteen minute drive??

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 02/12/08 - 07:46 am
That's easy, you give drivers

That's easy, you give drivers licenses to idiots!

Republicant
Republicant 02/12/08 - 08:12 am
Pt, did you just learn what

Pt, did you just learn what potus means or something? Youre killing it already!

PTHS2
PTHS2 02/12/08 - 08:17 am
cant - I guess we better not

cant - I guess we better not ask about SCOTUS

KSL
KSL 02/12/08 - 08:20 am
and to ksl, pths.

and to ksl, pths.

CSRAider
CSRAider 02/12/08 - 08:34 am
who gives a hoot

who gives a hoot

Jillian
Jillian 02/12/08 - 08:35 am
Every day I listen to what

Every day I listen to what the candidates have to say and have one less reason to go vote.

It's really pathetic that we have not 1 person running worthy of office. The more I listen to both parties the more depressing it gets.

At least Ronald Reagan was entertaining!

dani
dani 02/12/08 - 09:07 am
Flying out of Augusta rather

Flying out of Augusta rather than Columbia is much more convenient. I don't want to drive to Columbia for a flight nor have to drive for an hour to get home afterward. (Why not just drive to the Atlanta airport if you can't afford the fee from Augusta.).

dani
dani 02/12/08 - 09:31 am
PTHS..We could have another

PTHS..We could have another election settled by SCOTUS with the Democratic Party's Super Delegates in Fla.

aintryt
aintryt 02/12/08 - 09:34 am
The ride takes so long

The ride takes so long because the roads are clogged up with those who think precious is too good for a school bus.

mommie2
mommie2 02/12/08 - 09:56 am
This morning definitely felt

This morning definitely felt like everyone was driving at the speed of a snail.

CINDYLOUWHO
CINDYLOUWHO 02/12/08 - 09:59 am
have u seen what has been

have u seen what has been going on on these schools buses latelly aintryt? i wouldn't put my child on one if they threatened to put me in jail. the bus drivers can't keep their eyes on all those kids and the road. i know they try but thye just can't and it's bad enogh what happens inside of the schools

mommie2
mommie2 02/12/08 - 10:02 am
I have to agree. I rode the

I have to agree. I rode the bus when I was in middle school and a couple years in high school. And I hated every single minute of it. Kids were rude. The bus driver can only do soo much while they are trying to drive.

HUH2
HUH2 02/12/08 - 10:02 am
"Entitlement Programs" is

"Entitlement Programs" is just another way to say BIG government. I don't want the government to give me @#$% I'll get what I need myself and that's all I'm entitled to. If you can't pay for it you can't have it. What's the hard part?!

Eric
Eric 02/12/08 - 10:07 am
Why do these people blame the

Why do these people blame the airport for all the ills of the flights flying out of Bush Field? It's the airlines that set the fares, it's the airlines that schedule the flights, and it's the weather and the airlines scheduling too many flights during peak hours that cause delays and cancelations.

happyending
happyending 02/12/08 - 10:19 am
I have to say I am very lucky

I have to say I am very lucky with the bus driver that my children have. I am in Richmond County and they attend Sue Reynolds. My bus driver knows that I have to get to work as soon as the children are picked up and she trys her best to be on-time everyday. Also my son who is in Kindergarden has an issue some mornings about getting on the bus. She makes him feel safe and tells him not to worry and that she will take very good care of him while he is on the bus. I know that she does what she says because my son tells me that she does. She also gives treats out of Fridays to all the children who have been good all week on the bus. She is tuff but is very kind at the same time. I am very lucky. I wish all parents could have the driver that my children do.

Eric
Eric 02/12/08 - 10:34 am
I would official like to

I would official like to announce that I am running for POTUS. My fellow Americans, as POTUS I will stop illegal alliens from coming into this country. As POTUS I will carpet bomb Iraq back into the dark ages. As POTUS I will elliminate taxes. As POTUS I will make sure every American has health insurance. As POTUS I will not bend to the pressure of special interest groups. As POTUS I will stop all trade with Hugo Chavez. As POTUS I will not have sex with that woman, Monica Lewinsky. As POTUS I will not inhale. As POTUS I will see that every family gets a $2,000.00 rebate. NOT!!!!!!! Just wanted to use POTUS once or twice!

SilentJ
SilentJ 02/12/08 - 10:34 am
I take precious to school and

I take precious to school and pick precious up every day after school and have done so for the past 3 years precious has been in school and will continue to do so for as long as I can!

dani
dani 02/12/08 - 10:39 am
Who is precious?

Who is precious?

Daddyrabbit
Daddyrabbit 02/12/08 - 10:40 am
There is a major problem on

There is a major problem on the school buses. Maybe some of these ELECTED school board members can address that problem. Antryt is correct about why the ride takes so much longer..all this stop and go traffic with extra vehicles also takes more fuel

dani
dani 02/12/08 - 10:41 am
Regarding the 'moron' sign.

Regarding the 'moron' sign. We should get lots of those, use them like flash cards, the largest could be 'idiots'. Just think of all the names we could come up with. Oh well, it was just a thought.

Fort Gordon bus route under 30 day review

Even as an experimental bus route continues to drain money from the city coffers, Augusta Commission committee members unwilling to end service to Fort Gordon granted Augusta Public Transit 30 ...