Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers.

THE POWERS-THAT-BE, regents and others, continue to bulldoze their way toward a medical school in Athens, despite the logic against it. Who's getting paid by whom? And who's paying the "consultant," Umbach?

STUDENTS FROM Evans High School are much more polite that the kids from Greenbrier High School.

I FIND IT INTERESTING that WSRC is challenging the new contract at SRS. The biggest change would be that 100 of the very top management would lose their jobs. If only they had fought with such vigor when earlier layoffs impacting the "regular" workers at SRS were taking place.

A RAVE FOR THE person, or persons, who continuously criticizes the Georgia Bulldogs. There is no greater compliment than jealously.

A RAVE FOR THE PERSON who had the guts to complain about the police harassing people for having drinks with dinner. I'm sick of it, too.

TO THE MENTAL GIANTS WHO believe Hillary Clinton is qualified to be president because she was in the White House for eight years: So was the pastry chef, and nobody wants to elect him.

A HUGE RAVE FOR Columbia County bus driver Lisa Owens. She takes care of "her kids" on a daily basis. She goes beyond her job description, and I can't thank her enough.

THIS IS A RANT TO the whining people from Section 8 housing. Your kids will get over changing schools. Kids do it all the time. Military kids do it more than most.

JUST BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE locked up does not mean they are nobody. I feel that the lady that was answering the phones at Richmond County jail Jan. 24 was very rude.

THIS IS TO THE PEOPLE who try to pass everyone on Bobby Jones when you know the lane is ending: You are all idiots! If you know the lane is ending then get over; don't speed up and try to pass everyone because you are lazy.

THIS IS A RAVE FOR Robin at the Martinez Publix bakery. You truly are a great person and always very helpful.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 02/10/08 - 12:09 am
How is speeding up to pass

How is speeding up to pass someone being lazy? Jr did it tonight and won a million dollars.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 02/10/08 - 12:15 am
Sorry bout that, he won

Sorry bout that, he won $215,000 but anyway whatever.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 02/10/08 - 01:50 am
How did I miss that? I didn't

How did I miss that? I didn't know there was an escape from the Augusat transitional center. What happened in Athens could have happened here. Read the article in the Across the area section.

AmericanRose
AmericanRose 02/10/08 - 01:56 am
I had a Richmond County

I had a Richmond County patrol car speed up when I was trying to merge on to Bobby Jones about 6:10 pm. I guess he wasn't really paying attention to me. He was on a cell phone. Real good example for my sixteen year old who said "look at that." What I was looking at was the number on the back of his car. What a jerk.

dani
dani 02/10/08 - 02:07 am
Another person who doesn't

Another person who doesn't like law enforcement officers.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 02/10/08 - 02:15 am
Just be glad you were paying

Just be glad you were paying attention, I dodge people talking on cell phones all the time, especially on my bike.

WhiskyDick
WhiskyDick 02/10/08 - 05:30 am
Police use cell phones so

Police use cell phones so they aren't passing sensitive information over the open air that anyone can listen to with a Radio Shack scanner.

DeborahElliott2
DeborahElliott2 02/10/08 - 05:42 am
Good Morning Everybody!!

Good Morning Everybody!! Now, I need my morning cup of coffee (a nice tall glass of ice and coke) and for breakfast, its donuts!

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 02/10/08 - 05:56 am
Good morning RT. How's those

Good morning RT. How's those p-nuts?

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 02/10/08 - 05:58 am
Ya'll finally woke up.

Ya'll finally woke up.

PTHS2
PTHS2 02/10/08 - 05:59 am
Good Morning, DE2. I was

Good Morning, DE2. I was just about to suggest p-nets for breakfast.

PTHS2
PTHS2 02/10/08 - 06:23 am
Did anybody receive their

Did anybody receive their print copy of the paper yet this morning? I did not see any "hot news" that would have delayed printing. I'm sorry AR, I've been up since 2am, but for once didn't have anyting to say.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 02/10/08 - 06:42 am
I don't see the sports on

I don't see the sports on hear but I don't see how that could be the hold up.

PTHS2
PTHS2 02/10/08 - 06:59 am
Well the paper arrived, sun

Well the paper arrived, sun is coming up. I got your CB's ready, AR. I'm still waiting on my biscuits. I don't think the sports section was delayed for the story of the Gators chomping on the Bulldawgs in men's basketball. It wasn't a surprise to anybody who bleeds orange and blue.

Waymore
Waymore 02/10/08 - 07:03 am
Hey, AR, did you ever think

Hey, AR, did you ever think that the Deputy sped up to avoid a collision? And if the Deputy "wasn't paying attention" to you, how can you accuse him/her of speeding up to keep you from merging? There are times that I slow to to allow someone to merge, only to have them slow down as well, so I must speed up again to allow the person to get in behind me or to keep from being rear ended because. Maybe the Deputy wasn't actually a jerk; maybe they didn't actually see you or maybe they thought you were slowing, so they sped up to help you. Have you ever heard the concept of an honest mistake?

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 02/10/08 - 07:08 am
Check the rant again, my name

Check the rant again, my name ain't american rose.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 02/10/08 - 07:14 am
Nevermind I get it now. I'm a

Nevermind I get it now. I'm a little slowthis morning first it was the sports now AR= AmericanRose. I'm logging off and gonna go hang out with my mealticket homeboyz for an hour then it's Miller Time.

Martinez
Martinez 02/10/08 - 07:23 am
There are both rude and

There are both rude and polite students at all schools. Your experience may be that Evans demonstrated politeness. I personally have had worse experiences with Evans then Greenbrier. It all likely depends on the specific circumstances in which you encounter the kids. I can tell you that the worst behavior I have seen is from some of the coaches and administration in the county. When a coach physically grabs a kid and starts cursing in his face and referring to a member of the opposing team using racially offensive words so loud that I catch it on tape from over 50 yards away, only to have the prinicipal who was standing next to the coach when it happened, tell me it didn't happen... I find that rediculous. Or when a baseball coach explodes in the face of an umpire, then returns to the dugout and starts slamming bats around causing the kids to all run from the dugout until he calms down, again with school administration witnessing the whole thing but doing nothing about it, I find that rediculous. These are just two incidents I experienced last year as a Middle School parent in the county.

chatter90210
chatter90210 02/10/08 - 08:04 am
UGAY fans will do anything to

UGAY fans will do anything to get support their team. Maybe camp out at the bars and offer the guys a ride home next time!

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 02/10/08 - 08:41 am
Whoever answers the phones at

Whoever answers the phones at Evans High is rude as well. The personality of a slug. You would have thought I just woke her up, got her out of bed on a cold rainy morning and asked her to jog around the block ten times. However my son goes there, and High school is High school, you get rude people ANYWHERE you go at times in life.

workingmom
workingmom 02/10/08 - 08:58 am
I agree angie. Everyone has

I agree angie. Everyone has bad days. You cannot judge an entire school based on a few encounters with a small percentage of the student body. I have been to all the schools in the county. There are good and bad at all of them. As for secretaries in a school office....until you have been in their shoes for just one day, please don't make a blanket statement about them. Those people have more patience than any people I know. No telling what just happened right before she answered the phone.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 02/10/08 - 09:07 am
She was trying to merge, the

She was trying to merge, the depety had the right of way.

PTHS2
PTHS2 02/10/08 - 09:37 am
Wow, a whole post from Angie

Wow, a whole post from Angie without the word IDIOTS in it. What a wonderful day!

Eric
Eric 02/10/08 - 09:50 am
They turned out really good

They turned out really good PUTT. Thanks for asking. Morning all.

eeyore382
eeyore382 02/10/08 - 09:53 am
I have a question. How is can

I have a question. How is can obama be the first black president if he is elected because he is half black half white! would he not be the first interracial president. but then again everybody thinks tiger woods is black! by the way everybody who hates the police love them when they are needed.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 02/10/08 - 10:28 am
It depends, I'm not a Dr but

It depends, I'm not a Dr but it might have something to do with the chromozones. Is X stronger than Y. Is X a male or female chromozone and visa versa. What I'm trying to say is does his daddy's chromozone make him blacker than his mama'a chromozone make him white? I don't think it is a 50/50 split.

Jillian
Jillian 02/10/08 - 10:35 am
Instead of putting that guy

Instead of putting that guy on the streets to kill someone else they shoulda did a "Dumbo Drop" over the swamps in gator land. There is NO punishment that isn't too good for what he did.

Who wants some snow? We got plenty to go around.

funksgirl3
funksgirl3 02/10/08 - 10:49 am
OMG Augusta Resident... I

OMG Augusta Resident... I don't think that was the point at all. He IS interracial. That was the point. Doesn't matter about percentage.

funksgirl3
funksgirl3 02/10/08 - 10:50 am
Hey Jillian..... where are

Hey Jillian..... where are you? With the snow I mean?

Eric
Eric 02/10/08 - 10:50 am
Snow, we don't need no

Snow, we don't need no stinking snow!!!!!!!!! High of 69 today. Going to the park with the grandkids. WOW