Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

I HAVE A SUGGESTION: All smokers who want to quit smoking, I know a way to quit and it won't kill you and you will never put another cigarette in your mouth. Eat a pack.

I WORKED FOR a company that went out of business, and I have not been paid. I went down to the Department of Labor, and the only thing they tell me is go get a lawyer. I'm unemployed. I can't go get one.

A RANT FOR Ask Amy . I too think her column is trashy. People write in about their sinful life, and she usually puts her stamp of approval on it.

RANTS TO THE chief of police of Harlem.

THIS IS A RANT for Columbia County middle school parents who don't want their kids rezoned. If you don't want them going to a new school, move. You knew what you were doing moved to Columbia County.

A RANT AGAINST our Republican Gov. Sonny Perdue: Appointing a Democrat to be a judge here in Augusta.

THE STUPID SPEED humps didn't ruin your shocks and alignment. You did because you were speeding. Now do you get it?

A RAVE TO Danny Craig for being named a judge. Congratulations Danny! With people like you as a judge, things will get done right.

I'M CALLING in reference to the gas prices in Augusta. I just went over the bridge to North Augusta and got gas cheaper. I would like to know why it is so high?

I HAVE A RAVE. We are so very fortunate to have two wonderful VA hospitals here in Augusta.

A RAVE FOR the North Augusta South Carolina Welcome Center. The area is so clean over there, and they have nice custodial workers. They should get a big raise for the nice job that they do. And they are courteous.

A RANT FOR the vet at the uptown VA for giving the pharmacist at the window such a hard time. You upset the pharmacy; you upset the veterans around you. You should be ashamed of yourself.

RobbyLogan
RobbyLogan 02/08/08 - 03:15 am
About the gas prices being

About the gas prices being cheaper in North Augusta, your right. Luckily I work by a Gregs Gas Plus gas station so it is not out of my way to get gas cheaper. I wondered about why it was cheaper in N.Augusta too. Maybe its because the tankers fill up in N.Augusta, dunno just guessing.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 02/08/08 - 03:37 am
Does anyone have a recipe for

Does anyone have a recipe for Emu?

PTHS2
PTHS2 02/08/08 - 03:49 am
AR - same as boiled p-nuts,

AR - same as boiled p-nuts, just use a bigger pot. I'll get you guys hooked up today on the emails. I'm dealing with funeral planning at the moment..

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 02/08/08 - 05:18 am
Sorry to hear that PTHS.

Sorry to hear that PTHS.

KSL
KSL 02/08/08 - 05:32 am
Me too, PTHS.

Me too, PTHS.

Dark_Knight
Dark_Knight 02/08/08 - 06:06 am
I was talking to a buddy of

I was talking to a buddy of mine several days ago about a girl we saw. I thought she had a pretty face, and was kinda healthy, he said she was kinda fat. Whats considered fat? And if we do attempt to clone people, should fat people be excluded?

He_Who_Must_Not_Be_Named
He_Who_Must_Not_Be_Named 02/08/08 - 06:18 am
Too fat....hmmmm. I would say

Too fat....hmmmm. I would say that anything bigger than the girls on magazines is too fat for a girl. As for the cloning thing....naturally fat people should be excluded. The only good reasons for cloning are to create an army of super soldiers or possibly an army of supermodels. Fat people just don't fit into either of those. -Note: the author of this post is prone to make crazy,off the wall, and sarcastic statements from time to time.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 02/08/08 - 06:19 am
I don't have a 6 pack, I have

I don't have a 6 pack, I have a gallon. Cloning would be up to who can afford it. Counts me out.

LordSesshomaru
LordSesshomaru 02/08/08 - 06:45 am
Cloning, I hadn't considered

Cloning, I hadn't considered that. Perhaps I could clone an arm to replace the one cut off by my worthless half demon brother Inuyasha. Inuyasha wastes his time troubling himself with the affairs of humans. His feeble attempts to defeat Naraku have all been in vain because he has as of yet failed to realize the full power of the weapon he wields. A weapon that should be mine. My father was foolish to give it to Inuyasha. Don't worry, Inuyasha will be dealt with soon enough.

Dark_Knight
Dark_Knight 02/08/08 - 06:55 am
well, thanks LordSesshomaru,

well, thanks LordSesshomaru, of course i would be for cloning body parts.....and um........sorry bout causing a flash back of ill family issues.... He_Who_must_not_be_name.... (phew thats a long name ) ok, i take that as a "NO"

SC88fan
SC88fan 02/08/08 - 07:29 am
Yes, Congratulations to Danny

Yes, Congratulations to Danny Craig on being appointed a judge!

dani
dani 02/08/08 - 07:47 am
A rave for Gov Perdue for

A rave for Gov Perdue for picking the best man regardless pf political party.

Itll be alright
Itll be alright 02/08/08 - 07:49 am
we all live in a yellow

we all live in a yellow submarine

pointstoponder
pointstoponder 02/08/08 - 07:50 am
Gas is cheaper in NA because

Gas is cheaper in NA because GA tax is a percentage of cost, SC tax is a set number of pennies per gallon. When gas was cheaper, GA's percentage equaled less tax than SC's pennies per gallon. as the price rose the difference dimenished and SC's tax is now less than GA's.

pointstoponder
pointstoponder 02/08/08 - 07:52 am
I have washboard abs. They're

I have washboard abs. They're just hidden under a pile of laundry.

msgret92
msgret92 02/08/08 - 08:35 am
To the ranter about CC middle

To the ranter about CC middle school zonings. It is not about moving unless you can afford to live in certain upper end subdivisons. The Board of Education is zoning on politics. The upcoming ninth graders are being rezoned and this has not been made public yet. The parents found this out when their child brought home registration forms for next year.

Its 5oclock somewhere
Its 5oclock somewhere 02/08/08 - 08:43 am
I used to have washboard Abs

I used to have washboard Abs now I have the washpot.

LEO
LEO 02/08/08 - 09:06 am
Just for your information,

Just for your information, Danny Craig saw the light and switched to the Republican party a couple of years ago.

Just me 2
Just me 2 02/08/08 - 09:12 am
I have a rant about some of

I have a rant about some of our choices for President. How can anyone justify voting for Obama. The man calls himself Christian but will not place his hand on the Bible. The man will not place his
hand over his heart or stand at attention for the pledge to our flag.
I would think that anyone who votes for him must be an atheist and
a traitor to our country! Hillary is no better. How does anyone think
she can run our country when she can't even control her husband?
Also what about all the items I read about that said the Clinton's stole property from the White House when they left the first time?

Waffle House
Waffle House 02/08/08 - 09:19 am
Hey Just me #2, I'm sure

Hey Just me #2, I'm sure you're one of those high moral Christians who thinks our current President and McCain are the real deal. How does a Christian feel about sending 4000 soldiers to their death in a made-up war? Doing a great job....those high-moral Presidents.

dani
dani 02/08/08 - 09:29 am
Whizzo...Thousands of times

Whizzo...Thousands of times better than those who approve the destruction of the unborn. At least the 4000 soldiers died protecting their country. What are the others dying for?

PlayaFace
PlayaFace 02/08/08 - 09:30 am
vote for huckabee!

vote for huckabee!

walk_american
walk_american 02/08/08 - 09:32 am
Every war is a made up war by

Every war is a made up war by somebody.

mojo
mojo 02/08/08 - 09:40 am
If we start cloning - I say

If we start cloning - I say we all get one and send it to work while we eat boilded peanuts and drink cold beer.

walk_american
walk_american 02/08/08 - 09:41 am

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,329669,00.html This is disgusting! This is what we are letting our country come to. There are much better uses for our schools to use their limited budgets on than this! And are you aware that many of our own schools here in Georgia also make the kids take a spanish class? I don't want spanish shoved down my throat and I don't want it shoved down my child's throat either!

PlayaFace
PlayaFace 02/08/08 - 09:41 am
mojo i think that is a

mojo i think that is a brilliant idea.. but i would make 3 or 4 so i could make a lot more money but then you have to worrry about taking care of them too

mojo
mojo 02/08/08 - 09:43 am
ahhh...never let your clones

ahhh...never let your clones outnumber you.

PlayaFace
PlayaFace 02/08/08 - 09:43 am
i think teaching kids spanish

i think teaching kids spanish is a brilliant idea... better job opportunities in their future but i would rather learn french

WW1949
WW1949 02/08/08 - 09:44 am
Whizzo, Those 4000 soldiers

Whizzo, Those 4000 soldiers died defending this country from those that would cut off your head if they could get you. You should be grateful to them and to a President with a backbone to stand up. Clinton did not stand up to them. My only regret is that we don't just do like we did in WWI adn WWII and wipe them out. Our countries leaders have gotten soft because they have not had to face difficult decissions like those in WWI and II. We need to carry our big stick again and cut off money to those countries that do not back us up.

So Bored
So Bored 02/08/08 - 09:48 am
I love having my kids learn

I love having my kids learn another language, in fact my kids now understand 4 languages. How that will help them in the future is debateable, but has potential for any endeavor that they choose.